AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-25, 14:31   Link #81
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

I just wanted to point out that 'Disappearance' is misspelled in the thread title.

[Mod edit: thanks for pointing that out! *fixed* ]

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-10-25 at 21:13.
Old 2010-10-25, 15:26   Link #82
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
I don't see any talk on the Aya Hirano hoopla going on, which I recently found out. There is word that Aya may retire from voice acting to be a "multi-media talent" personality. This news was dated back in early August when Aya confessed her love life on tv and her fans raged.

Does anyone have an update on this, and what would it mean for the Haruhi series in the future? Think she'll come back to the role or will Kyoani find someone to replace her?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=252400
It's all a bunch of BS by haters. She's just not focusing on being a staple voice actor anymore. However, she has been continuing her roles in the games and other continuing series. IIRC, she is already announced to be doing the new PSP/PS3 game. Unless something new happens, if they need to give Haruhi a voice, it will be her.
Old 2010-10-26, 05:33   Link #83
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
It's all a bunch of BS by haters. She's just not focusing on being a staple voice actor anymore. However, she has been continuing her roles in the games and other continuing series. IIRC, she is already announced to be doing the new PSP/PS3 game. Unless something new happens, if they need to give Haruhi a voice, it will be her.
bayoab is correct that she's going to be in the new game. The Famitsu article specifically states that the original cast's voice will be present, thus ensuring that Hirano-san will be there.

Also agreed that it's been spread out of proportion due to SanCom's hate of Hirano/Haruhi. This was her big debut role, I highly doubt she's going to turn her back on it.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-10-31, 23:11   Link #84
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
I don't think it was her debut role. She's done previous roles as well, but Haruhi was definitely her breakthrough role.

禁則事項です
Old 2010-11-08, 02:06   Link #85
Animexcel

Eeeek, so Aya Hirano has a brain tumor now? I hope she'll be alright.
Old 2010-11-08, 22:48   Link #86
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
Eeeek, so Aya Hirano has a brain tumor now? I hope she'll be alright.
WTF? Where did hear/read this?

禁則事項です
Old 2010-11-09, 03:07   Link #87
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
WTF? Where did hear/read this?
I'm too lazy to find a link but she made a long series of tweets about having migraines and then finding out there was something else causing them. I thought it was a story from a long time ago and I didn't care enough to read through it.
Old 2010-11-09, 07:00   Link #88
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

Quote:
I'm too lazy to find a link but she made a long series of tweets about having migraines and then finding out there was something else causing them. I thought it was a story from a long time ago and I didn't care enough to read through it.
It doesn't seem to be too bad because she now plays in a musical :
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...eights-musical

However I still think that she will return for more Haruhi or for other ongoing shows. We will probably see if she has a part in the 2nd season of Kimi no Todoke (but I don't know if Ume Kurumizawa is still in the recent manga chapters) if she's still working as a voice actor. And then there's still the Haruhi video game of course.
Old 2010-11-15, 13:58   Link #89
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

If we don't get some sort of announcement on December 18th when Disappearance is released in Japan,

I think we could have something announced on February 14th since Valentine's Day figures into the plot of Novel 7 which would likely be part of any Season 3 animation(if you don't count the movie as the de facto Season 3)

I really hope we hear something soon, and...

Spoiler for Novel 7 spoilers:
Old 2010-11-16, 01:12   Link #90
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
snip
Spoiler for novel 7 spoilers:
Old 2010-11-18, 19:22   Link #91
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Quote:
Spoiler for Novel 7 spoilers:
Speaking of that scene, yeah I do wanna see...
Spoiler for vol.7:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
... I imagine it'll be like the Unohana effect (bleach)

禁則事項です
Old 2010-11-18, 19:40   Link #92
Othello~
*Author

Spoiler for Novel seven:
Old 2010-11-19, 07:36   Link #93
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
Speaking of that scene, yeah I do wanna see...
Spoiler for vol.7:
That would make watching that series totally worth it. Currently when it comes to official stuff she doesn't get nearly enough love.
Old 2010-11-30, 18:56   Link #94
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
That would make watching that series totally worth it. Currently when it comes to official stuff she doesn't get nearly enough love.
I can certainly agree with you on that.

If KyoAni does a new season of Haruhi or a new season of FMP in 2011, I will be one very happy otaku. I don't follow what they've announced for the lineups but from what I understand, they've just got the K-ON movie for 2011, right?
Old 2010-11-30, 19:14   Link #95
bayoab

Quote:
I can certainly agree with you on that.

If KyoAni does a new season of Haruhi or a new season of FMP in 2011, I will be one very happy otaku. I don't follow what they've announced for the lineups but from what I understand, they've just got the K-ON movie for 2011, right?
And Nichijou and there is a pattern rumor for Lucky Star S2 based on the K-on pattern (S1 -> Blu-ray Set announced-> S2) since the LS blu-ray set was just announced.
Old 2010-12-01, 08:46   Link #96
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
And Nichijou and there is a pattern rumor for Lucky Star S2 based on the K-on pattern (S1 -> Blu-ray Set announced-> S2) since the LS blu-ray set was just announced.
That's a rather . . . flimsy foundation for a rumor concerning Seinfeld . . . IN JAPAAAAAAAN a second season of Lucky Star. More likely, it's just that Kadokawa has finally realized it's 2010 and people expect to have HD discs to go with the HD TV broadcasts. I mean, Haruhi came out a mere year before Lucky Star, and look how long it took for Kadokawa to decide that Haruhi should get Blu-Rays?

Remember that K-On! is a Houbunsha/Pony Canyon property, and has nothing to do with Kadokawa.
Old 2010-12-20, 12:48   Link #97
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

I hope this hasn't been posted yet.
Old 2010-12-20, 20:07   Link #98
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
I disagree. If this announcement is about anything important, It'll probably be the 10th book. And I think that if they do make another movie, it would based off of the 7th book Intrigues, but I don't think we'll see any announcement on any new series, OVA, or movie for at least another 6 months.
Old 2010-12-20, 20:42   Link #99
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I disagree. If this announcement is about anything important, It'll probably be the 10th book. And I think that if they do make another movie, it would based off of the 7th book Intrigues, but I don't think we'll see any announcement on any new series, OVA, or movie for at least another 6 months.
If there's anything about a new TV series, I'd have to agree that it would be AFTER the 10th novel comes out.
Old 2010-12-20, 23:10   Link #100
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Is there any word of when the 10th novel is being released?