AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 10 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 40.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 24.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-08, 16:08   Link #41
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
Pfft, and so we now have more proof for our TooruxOhana ship. xDD
It was pretty blatantly obvious by the last episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Does this show really need a love triangle?
It doesn't have a love triangle.

(Ko makes it a quadrangle).

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
the triangle is probably not what we perceive it to be. its probably along the lines of Tooru imagining Minchi in dress like that, since she's always in that drab kitchen uniform. Okada isn't one to put actual pitfalls in her plots, but rather just detours. if you look at her original stuff: True Tears and Canaan, everyone ends up with who they're "supposed to" or where they're "supposed to."
I somehow very much doubt this, especially considering we've had almost no hint of Tohru paying much attention to Minko along those lines.

On another note, WTH is with all the butch guys in military attire? I highly doubt they're Japanese SWAT but....perhaps Tohru/Tomoe/Renji engage in airsoft outside of work hours.
Old 2011-05-08, 16:20   Link #42
00Coyote

This was my reaction to this episode.

Ohana is developing some fairly dangerous, and pervy quirks.

Unrelated to dangerous quirks, I wonder if Ohana is paid hourly, on salary, or just whatever her Grandmother wants to pay her at the time. As it is, she is raking in a whopping ~$3000 a year.

Lets assume Ohana isn't on the clock in the morning because of school, and lets assume she gets out of school at around 15:00. We're also gonna assume Grandma is a slave driver.

Weekdays 16:00~21:00= 5 hours
Sunday 7:00~21:00= 14 hours

So even while going to school, Ohana is putting in 40+ hours a week.
If she is getting paid hourly, that's a staggering 100 yen/hour.
The lowest minimum wage in Japan (according to the all-knowing google) is 642 yen/hour.
Ohana needs to become an in-between animator, she'll be making 4x as much.

Last edited by 00Coyote; 2011-05-08 at 17:51.
Old 2011-05-08, 17:06   Link #43
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i don't think there's anything deeper in the ending animation either.. preview looks promising. i like Tomoe quite a bit, despite her not being a main character.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-05-08, 17:29   Link #44
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
This was my reaction to this episode.

Ohana is developing some fairly dangerous quirks.
I do have to wonder, based on her suggestion to the waitress staff on how to improve the inn, what she suggested that the kitchen staff do.
Old 2011-05-08, 17:46   Link #45
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Hanasaku Iroha: Fulfilling fantasies, one outfit at a time.

Ahem. Tohru blushed. And smiled.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Tohru aside, I find the role of outer appearances very meaningful. Episode 6 goes back to the original allure of Hanairo: Heartwarming stories of growing up, touching moments of past memories. Two scenes stand to out me. The first is when Ohana flicks Enishi's forehead; the young master becomes reminded of Ohana's mother, who would often do the same thing whenever he felt depressed. The second is when Okami-san is in the attic, looking at the dresses she used to wear as a humble waitress at Kissuiso. Just like her granddaughter, Okami-san wanted to try something new. Maybe she still does; she gives a slight smile before leaving the attic.

Episode 6 Rating: 8.5/10
Old 2011-05-08, 18:01   Link #46
karuroso

Impressive how the fanservise in this show strikes when you are totally not expecting it to happen and not those kinds either, very classy i imo.

As for the ep, i think that this triangle that is forming is rather unnecessary since we all know how it will end >_> i prefer if it stayed the way it was before with only Ohana X Ko (in reality i wish it was an Ohana X Nako X Minchi yuri triangle, but that just a distant dream u.u)
Old 2011-05-08, 18:10   Link #47
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

So management consultants are the same everywhere. I wonder if Takako has any business experience, or if she is full of "book learning". Anyone that has been working for a while has run into these people: credentialed out the wazoo but no actual experience running a business.
Old 2011-05-08, 19:24   Link #48
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I think that Hana-Saku Iroha has pretty much found its groove here, and has developed a generally good identity for itself.

After 6 episodes, I think that I now have a pretty good idea of what your average Hana-Saku Iroha episode will be like, and I'm mostly happy with it.

What I particularly liked about Episode 6 was the practical problems and issues that were explored here, issues that you could see arise in any small business, and the fact that Ohana took a leading role in trying to rectify them.

I also loved the heart-to-heart between Ohana and her Uncle. That was a very pleasant scene, and I think it really helped to showcase what makes Ohana such an eminently likable character.

However, I do find Ohana's basic reasoning skills a bit questionable and worrisome, and my views are similar to tezu's there. For example, to think that the problem was her new waitress outfit wasn't risque enough, given exactly how that outfit backfired on her and the inn, suggests a certain lack of good deductive reasoning on Ohana's part.

Nonetheless, the episode did end by finding a happy medium between the somewhat dull all-orange outfits typically wore by the female staff of this Inn, and the outfits offered up by the Management Consultant.

The artwork and animation was very smooth and crisp and pleasing to the eye.

Ohana's grandmother received nice character development here, as did Ohana's Uncle. That was good to see.

Minchi's "Die! Balut!" routine finally hit the right "running joke" note for me, and it's not an issue when used only a little bit like it was in this episode. It doesn't make me like Minchi anymore than I do right now, but if it's kept to just a short bit per episode, I can just dismiss it or laugh it off, depending on how funny its execution it.

The love triangle doesn't bother me as much as it does some, but then it helps that...

1) I have little to no emotional investment in Minchi, so if she loses Tohru, I probably won't feel particularly badly for her.

2) I have little to no emotional investment in Tohru, so if he doesn't win over Ohana, I probably won't feel particularly badly for him either.

So, right now, I don't really see a way for this to play out that would bother me a lot (like I was by how True Tears' love triangle was resolved), so by extension, I don't have a problem with the love triangle. So for me, it just adds a little bit of added spice and intrigue to everything.

Overall, 8/10 for Hana-Saku Iroha Episode 6. I am definitely looking forward to the next episode.
Old 2011-05-08, 19:28   Link #49
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

During that one moment with Tohru blushing, I thought "This is a dream, right?!" Then I saw Ohana there and I'm all like "YES!!!" *throws fist in air*

But it's also quite possible that Tohru was actaully looking at Nako... Because everytime it seemed like he was looking at Ohana, Nako was there too...

Also, if it turns out Tohru is in fact in love with Ohana, she most likely will reject him since
1) Minko loves him and Ohana really wants to be her friend...
2) Ko-chan seems to be the one Ohana will end up with...

I hope I'm wrong...
Old 2011-05-08, 19:45   Link #50
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
So management consultants are the same everywhere. I wonder if Takako has any business experience, or if she is full of "book learning". Anyone that has been working for a while has run into these people: credentialed out the wazoo but no actual experience running a business.
I've only dealt much with one management consultant, and when he came into our place, I had every doubt in the world about him: he looked like just the kind of guy you're thinking of. But his eventual suggestions saved us a lot of money, time, and heartache, so it worked out pretty well. Takako is a cartoon character -- not surprising, in a cartoon.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2011-05-08, 19:50   Link #51
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

I doubt that its Nako whom Tooru was looking at during those scenes. IŽm pretty sure there haven't been any scenes of those two interacting.

Also, when he drops the lid while looking at Nako and Ohana's new outfits, if you look at his eyes, you can tell theyŽre focused on Ohana's direction.
Old 2011-05-08, 19:55   Link #52
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Yeah, I think it's pretty clear that Tohru has a crush on Ohana.
Old 2011-05-08, 19:57   Link #53
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

Quote:
I doubt that its Nako whom Tooru was looking at during those scenes. IŽm pretty sure there haven't been any scenes of those two interacting.

Also, when he drops the lid while looking at Nako and Ohana's new outfits, if you look at his eyes, you can tell theyŽre focused on Ohana's direction.
What if there were scenes before Ohana came to the inn? And you can't really tell if he was specifically looking at Ohana or Nako. Besides, what about Ohana's feelings? You can't guarantee that she will fall for Tohru...

Sorry, but until I see more proof of this ship coming together, I can't celebrate just yet... (But I'll keep replaying this week's episode just to see those TohruxOhana moments again :3)
Old 2011-05-08, 20:27   Link #54
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

^ Oh, stop fretting over the small details. Just enjoy the TooruxOhana-ness. xDD

-has rewatched this episode like 100 times, just the TxO scenes- xDD

I keep fangirling over Tooru's smile and dreamy eyes. xD
Old 2011-05-08, 20:31   Link #55
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Wow, this episode was *ahem* very entertaining in various ways. Nako and Ohana looked so cute and sexy in the Qipao dresses. I laughed a bit when Ohana actually thought of making the thigh silt higher. She turning into a bad kid.

*sigh* I want to see Minko in an embearassing outfit. Her expression would be priceless.
Old 2011-05-08, 20:32   Link #56
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

Quote:
^ Oh, stop fretting over the small details. Just enjoy the TooruxOhana-ness. xDD

-has rewatched this episode like 100 times, just the TxO scenes- xDD

I keep fangirling over Tooru's smile and dreamy eyes. xD
I'm fangirling over here too!! x3 But I can't help but be worried!
Old 2011-05-08, 20:33   Link #57
Kagayaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarless Ocean View Post
Besides, what about Ohana's feelings? You can't guarantee that she will fall for Tohru...
I feel like one-sided romantic scenes involving Ohana being incredibly dense would be a boatloads of fun. Dense characters in comedy/drama shows outside of obvious harem setups are good, IMO, especially when they're already as likable as Ohana.

On the whole, though, I like the love triangle because it's better than the alternative. I'm not in the least bit excited about the potential long-distance-realization-of-love-for-Ko-chan plotline or the potential Ko-chan-comes-to-steal-back-Ohana plotline.

If the strain between Ohana's old life and her new life was going to be a major theme (which is what an Ohana x Ko plotline would go towards), the show hasn't been exploring that enough so far, and we'd have to change directions to make anything like that happen. For starters, we have pretty much no characterization for Ko-chan. Instead, the show's been focusing 95% on Ohana's new relationships, and the love triangle would be a continuation in that direction, even if all love ends up unrequited.

If they change directions and pull it off well, I'd be completely fine with that, but it seems like it would be harder to actually pull off well. Then again, they have something like 20 more episodes to work with, so....
Old 2011-05-08, 20:38   Link #58
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarless Ocean View Post
I'm fangirling over here too!! x3 But I can't help but be worried!
Oh comrade of mine. xDD Don't worry or else youŽll make me start worrying too! D:

Now I can't wait until next week. Ugh, and I wonder when will Ko make his re-apperance. If Tooru does indeed like Ohana, it would be interesting to see him being jealous of Ko. xD
Old 2011-05-08, 20:46   Link #59
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
I feel like one-sided romantic scenes involving Ohana being incredibly dense would be a boatloads of fun. Dense characters in comedy/drama shows outside of obvious harem setups are good, IMO, especially when they're already as likable as Ohana.

On the whole, though, I like the love triangle because it's better than the alternative. I'm not in the least bit excited about the potential long-distance-realization-of-love-for-Ko-chan plotline or the potential Ko-chan-comes-to-steal-back-Ohana plotline.

If the strain between Ohana's old life and her new life was going to be a major theme (which is what an Ohana x Ko plotline would go towards), the show hasn't been exploring that enough so far, and we'd have to change directions to make anything like that happen. For starters, we have pretty much no characterization for Ko-chan. Instead, the show's been focusing 95% on Ohana's new relationships, and the love triangle would be a continuation in that direction, even if all love ends up unrequited.

If they change directions and pull it off well, I'd be completely fine with that, but it seems like it would be harder to actually pull off well. Then again, they have something like 20 more episodes to work with, so....
I don't think this is has to do with the contrast between Ohana's old life in Tokyo and her new life working at Kissuiso.

I think Ohana's experience at Kissuiso is helping her reevaluate her life in general, from the way she thinks about Ko to her personal view on her mother.
Old 2011-05-08, 20:49   Link #60
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

Quote:
Oh comrade of mine. xDD Don't worry or else youŽll make me start worrying too! D:

Now I can't wait until next week. Ugh, and I wonder when will Ko make his re-apperance. If Tooru does indeed like Ohana, it would be interesting to see him being jealous of Ko. xD
I was totally thinking that too! Jealous Tohru = fun! I can't wait either. But noooo, another long week of school until next Sunday TT.TT
Closed Thread