AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-16, 20:08   Link #101
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Stealth isn't perfect though- The enemy can still hear you, there is another augmentation for silence but that would double the energy usage.

Kinda suck that you can't 'respecc' after choosing an augmentation...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 20:15   Link #102
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Well they do if your running about like a madman instead of crouching down and moving slow and quiet.

Being able to reset your praxis kits would be kinda cool but would sort of sap replay-ability so I can see why you can't do it.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 22:57   Link #103
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You wouldn't believe me if I said I completed the whole game with only the riot prod and assault baton (and occasionally a LAW and Scrambler grenade).
I would, because I've done the same thing. A pacifist run in DX1 is a classic self-imposed challenge.
Old 2011-08-17, 01:38   Link #104
Seitsuki
Onee!

I think that would be a really good idea. All the weapons are terribly underpowered, the only ones I used very often were DTS and the max lvl rifle. Though.. riot prodding? Did your brother end up surviving *that* sequence then?

I went all out with everything I had- GEP, assault rifle, nades, everything- but he still died D: man, I was depressed..
Old 2011-08-17, 03:59   Link #105
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I would, because I've done the same thing. A pacifist run in DX1 is a classic self-imposed challenge.
It's a pity you can't kill everyone in DX1. That would be brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I think that would be a really good idea. All the weapons are terribly underpowered, the only ones I used very often were DTS and the max lvl rifle. Though.. riot prodding? Did your brother end up surviving *that* sequence then?

I went all out with everything I had- GEP, assault rifle, nades, everything- but he still died D: man, I was depressed..
You mean the part where the MIB storms your brother's apartment? Just open the secret compartment, hide inside, and close it.

Paul is invincible. He can't die.....let him do all the fighting.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 15:01   Link #106
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
The shock stick is so ridiculously overpowered. It'll put almost every enemy down with one hit, and even MiBs only take a quick double-tap to the small of their back and they're down for the count.
Old 2011-08-17, 15:33   Link #107
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
What I did was to take ALL explosives around, stuff the hotel with booby traps (explosive and tears gas) and watch them MIBs getting owned. Bro survived.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 19:37   Link #108
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
The shock stick is so ridiculously overpowered. It'll put almost every enemy down with one hit, and even MiBs only take a quick double-tap to the small of their back and they're down for the count.
And you can take out MJ12 commandos with it - just shove it up their buttcrack (literally speaking yes; shock the crack between their torso armor and lower body armor at the back).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-08-17, 21:16   Link #109
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I lol'd.

Shockstick fun times... It's not in Revolution is it? Just the taser (which is awesome in and of itself)
Old 2011-08-18, 03:16   Link #110
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Anyone remember this?

Old 2011-08-18, 04:17   Link #111
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Nothing beats this :

Old 2011-08-19, 14:06   Link #112
JC...
I am a Pie

I think this might just beat it.

Maybe.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 21:40   Link #113
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Playing this beta preview and it's not bad, it's fun. Especially with the stealth portion.

Though one thing that bugs me.

This energy system is not set in stone is it?

I find it silly that when you use up your cells you can only recharge one cell. Anything more than one you need to use bars or something to replenish it. This severly limits your options if you want to cloak, run up to the guy, then knock him out before running away.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 21:43   Link #114
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Playing this beta preview and it's not bad, it's fun. Especially with the stealth portion.

Though one thing that bugs me.

This energy system is not set in stone is it?

I find it silly that when you use up your cells you can only recharge one cell. Anything more than one you need to use bars or something to replenish it. This severly limits your options if you want to cloak, run up to the guy, then knock him out before running away.
I think it is a bug. It is supposed to recharge all the cells I think.

Old 2011-08-19, 22:11   Link #115
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Okay went around some forums and it seems to be...intentional?

I dunno seems a tad silly.

Some are saying its for game balance but I think that's silly. The issue I have is why not just recharge all the cells? That way, if you have 5 cells you have to plan it out accordingly. If you screw up, you still have some cells left but you cannot execute any other moves in the meantime except maybe cloaking. In this case, if your left with one cell you cannot cloak and do melee at the same time or the typhoon attack.

If that's the case there better be a hell lot of energy bars lying around but it kinda ruins the "do whatever you want" theme here.
Old 2011-08-19, 22:27   Link #116
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yeah even the developer(s) have already said in one of their interviews that only the first bar is rechargeable.

I guess it's to prevent people from abusing the takedowns, but it seems like it severely restricts usage of power in general.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 22:45   Link #117
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah even the developer(s) have already said in one of their interviews that only the first bar is rechargeable.

I guess it's to prevent people from abusing the takedowns, but it seems like it severely restricts usage of power in general.
This is one thing that bothers me about an otherwise intriguing game. I can understand things like cloaking or punching through a wall needing energy, but the takedowns (lethal or otherwise)? The same takedowns an unaugmented human with the right training would be able to do easily (assuming for argument's sake a pair of Fairbairn-Sykes fighting knives instead of the armblades)? How'd that pass the Bravo-Sierra check?
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 22:51   Link #118
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

So much for freedom of choice.

I can understand it to a certain extent but I think it's just plain silly to not have all bars rechargeable.

Unless of course its to prevent guys from just cloaking, run up to the target, then knock them down....
Old 2011-08-19, 23:32   Link #119
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

After going some ways into the beta, I have decided that I fucking need to have retractable shades like Adam wears.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 03:45   Link #120
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
After going some ways into the beta, I have decided that I fucking need to have retractable shades like Adam wears.
You have to sheathe the lenses between your cheekbones and flesh, so someone punches you across the face hard enough, you'd have pieces of plastic sticking out of your face......