Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-13, 09:13   Link #141
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post

So I guess Oda can always pull a Moria-like thing that Dofla's operation is toppled, he lost, but survives and escaped to fight for another day or maybe allies himself with Kaidou.
That's what I am expecting as well (not necessarily the Kaidou part, since I expect Kaidou will want to kill DoFlamingo just as much as everyone else once his operations are destroyed). There's still going to be 30-40 chapters before we reach that conclusion, but in the end DoFlamingo will be Luffy's first real fight (that he has a chance of winning) since he encountered Moria 250 chapters ago...
Old 2013-03-13, 12:13   Link #142
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
do u think luffy is strong enough to take on a Yonkou yet?
I doubt there will be another time skip for the crew to level up some more... it'll most likely be another thing where he comes up with stronger techniques like when he came up with gear 2nd and 3rd to fight cp9, that was like instant level up
Luffy has a tendency to develop new ways to fight, ridiculously fast, right after hitting a roadblock. The question is not whether he can defeat an Emperor, but what he needs to do to beat one.
Old 2013-03-13, 13:21   Link #143
shalala

Am I the only one that doesn't want Luffy to beat a Yonkou? I would rather see him and Law facing Kaidou together. Not only would it show team work between the supernovas thus strengthening their alliance and could also lead up to new moves between the DF users. An example of this would be lets say Law using his room to chop Luffy's limbs and moving them to another location where Luffy then uses his df to hit someone. Or something like that. Also I wanna see Chopper and Bepo talking to each other and becoming friends.
Old 2013-03-13, 15:33   Link #144
marvelB

^For a long time I've been saying that Luffy, despite his 2 years of training, would have a hell of a hard time taking down a yonkou or admiral solo. That's why I approve of the idea of him making alliances.... that way he'll stand a better chance against them since he'll have other powerful pirates fighting alongside him.

As far as Doflamingo is concerned..... I guess it could go either way. It's definitely true that Dofla's no pushover (not only did he beat Smoker ever so easily.... he even shrugged off getting frozen by Aokiji), but at this point I still consider him to be a notch below emperor-level. I think I need to see more of his abilities before I can make any further judgement.....
Old 2013-03-13, 16:17   Link #145
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't want Luffy to beat a Yonkou? I would rather see him and Law facing Kaidou together. Not only would it show team work between the supernovas thus strengthening their alliance and could also lead up to new moves between the DF users. An example of this would be lets say Law using his room to chop Luffy's limbs and moving them to another location where Luffy then uses his df to hit someone. Or something like that. Also I wanna see Chopper and Bepo talking to each other and becoming friends.
Right now? No I do not want to see luffy defeating any Yonkou or Admirals. But he will have to be able to eventually. He can't be the pirate king unless he can stand at the top with the other monsters.
Old 2013-03-13, 19:21   Link #146
shalala

I wonder how Sharks and Luffy/Law will turn out if they fight each other. I am hoping Sharks acknowledges him after a long talk or at least have one yonkou join up with him as Sharks would most likely be the one if he was.
Old 2013-03-13, 19:52   Link #147
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^Not if, when. Friendships don't matter in the contest for a big prize.
Old 2013-03-13, 21:37   Link #148
shalala

^But what is the big prize? One piece may not even be treasure. For all we know one piece could be a note from Roger saying well done for finding one piece. Go something along the lines like "All the friendships you made, Battles you fought, Tears shed, Adventures you've had leading up to finding this treasure that I inspired you to go after my death is what one piece is. That inspiration of setting out to sea not knowing who you would meet, friendships that have yet been made, battles that have yet been fought, Traveling to new lands is what one piece truly is about. I hope you enjoyed your adventure in getting here and go forth and make your own adventure now under your jolly roger that you made to get here. Love Gold D Roger....P.S I left some treasure over there behide that big rock. Have fun and once again congratulations in getting here and find one piece. P.S.S Make sure no one gets their hands on them ancient weapons and also my ship.
Old 2013-03-13, 22:42   Link #149
golgo13

^

I don't know if Gol D. Roger invented the idea of one piece, or was the first Pirate King for that matter. I think one piece was there before and is connected to the void century etc... It's likely some crazy secret about justice, freedom, world order and how pirates came about and perhaps how they were in the past.

Last edited by golgo13; 2013-03-13 at 22:51. Reason: grammar
Old 2013-03-13, 23:05   Link #150
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
^Not if, when. Friendships don't matter in the contest for a big prize.

Personally, I doubt Luffy and Shanks will ever have a proper reunion, period. I'm still betting on Blackbeard killing Shanks before that time comes.
Old 2013-03-14, 00:15   Link #151
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
^But what is the big prize?
Acknowledgement as the Pirate King. Something only Rogers has been able to do. Not Even Whitebeard had manage it.
Old 2013-03-14, 00:24   Link #152
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Personally, I doubt Luffy and Shanks will ever have a proper reunion, period. I'm still betting on Blackbeard killing Shanks before that time comes.
Personally, I'm expecting some kind of arc where Luffy does meet up with Shanks. They have a little fun stand off, then party for awhile. At some point, Blackbeard will come in and kill Shanks (either during the little party, or right after Luffy leaves). Whatever the case, I do expect Shanks and Luffy to meet up at least once before Shanks dies.

Honestly, I'm expecting Blackbeard to take down an Admiral before he takes down Shanks. So we've still got a lot of time before anything happens with Blackbeard and company.
Old 2013-03-14, 08:49   Link #153
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I've been contemplating for some time now on the possibility that Shanks may turn out to be a villain. Just because he's been portrayed to be on good terms with Luffy doesn't mean things can't change later on. After all, we've learned that people can become enemies if they have conflicting viewpoints/ideologies (i.e. Luffy and Ussop). And I find it uncanny how we still don't know exactly what Shanks' true motives/goals/intentions are. In Film Z, Zephyr also states that Shanks is a man of many sins in the past. Maybe he could be very similar to Roger in that regard, or perhaps that could allude to something more sinister about him.

Of course, if Shanks is simply a good guy (which is what I'm more leaning towards for the time being), then he's doomed against Blackbeard which, as you all know, I'm all for . But Oda may put a real twist on this character, seeing as how we know virtually nothing about Shanks. That being said, I won't dismiss the possibility of Shanks actually being/becoming a villain.
Old 2013-03-14, 10:15   Link #154
shalala

T_T Sharks can't die. If he does then it would be Ace 2.0 all over again and by the hands of Blackbeard would suuuuck. Then again he is as strong as Whitebeard and Mihawk. I would like to see Sharks in his early days and when he spared with Mihawk. Oh yh Ussop would also be reunited with his father I can't wait for that to happen. Both Father and Son competing with each other to see who is the best sniper :P that would be fun to watch. Plus the talk they will have after not seeing each other for sooo long.
Old 2013-03-14, 12:51   Link #155
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
T_T Sharks can't die. If he does then it would be Ace 2.0 all over again and by the hands of Blackbeard would suuuuck.
Why would Blackbeard killing Shanks suck? It's been foreshadowed that they're going to clash sometime later on; that's inevitable.
Old 2013-03-14, 14:22   Link #156
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Why would Blackbeard killing Shanks suck? It's been foreshadowed that they're going to clash sometime later on; that's inevitable.
why is everyone assuming shanks will die at the hands of blackbeard?!
how bout he gets beaten then at the end luffy comes in and saves the day

or

shanks beats blackbeard but he escapes only end up getting beaten by luffy in the end
Old 2013-03-14, 14:38   Link #157
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Because there's absolutely no reason why Blackbeard should lose to Shanks from a story-telling perspective. It does nothing at all if he loses; whereas if he kills Shanks, that will throw a wrench into the gears and cause a big disturbance in the world. I can say with 100% certainty that Shanks won't beat Blackbeard next time they meet.
Old 2013-03-14, 15:17   Link #158
james0246

Quote:
^ Because there's absolutely no reason why Blackbeard should lose to Shanks from a story-telling perspective. It does nothing at all if he loses; whereas if he kills Shanks, that will throw a wrench into the gears and cause a big disturbance in the world. I can say with 100% certainty that Shanks won't beat Blackbeard next time they meet.
This is why I expect Blackbeard's next appearance will show him defeating a (new) Admiral.
Old 2013-03-14, 15:29   Link #159
golgo13

Quote:
I agree, will they fight though? It looks like Shanks doesn't even want to be Pirate King. Regardless, Blackbeard does. And he will have to take out each of the Yonkou's to do it. He won't help Luffy take out Kaidou. As for Kidd, Hawkins, Apoo alliance it is unknown who they are going after. Heck they could even be going after Blackbeard or Shanks. Given the past history and the role of the Supernova's, I think at least Kidd will end up being a Yonkou. If so Luffy will have to beat him too.

Will Luffy beat Blackbeard before Shanks? He is going to have to fight Blackbeard, either last or second last. If its last its unknown whether Blackbeard would have fought Shanks before. Shanks could also be last.

Last edited by golgo13; 2013-03-14 at 15:31. Reason: quote, luffy
Old 2013-03-14, 15:30   Link #160
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
This is why I expect Blackbeard's next appearance will show him defeating a (new) Admiral.
^ You think so? I would love to see such a clash, but I feel Blackbeard's next appearance will be him and his crew chilling somewhere in the New World commenting on the events that have transpired recently and declaring what their next course of action will be.