AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-03-05, 18:36   Link #3021
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Hey, now, don't dismiss Kotarou so quickly. He might have done a little bit of good teaming up with Negi against Rakan. A little bit.
Of course Kotarou isint weak I mean he is able to hold his own against Kagetarou.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 09:09   Link #3022
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Still I just cant help but get the feeling that Rakan is up to more something, I cant point out what it is but atleast he is hiding something.
Jack's always up to something.

Early spoiler image for 244.

http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com/200...er-images.html

Hopefully, there will be more later today, tomorrow, or Sunday.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 12:30   Link #3023
ChronoReverse

Maybe Rakan has a special ability that let's him semi-copy stuff used on him? For instance, even if he's Rakan, how did he managed to emulate Eva's dark magic trick? Even though it back-fired, something like that shouldn't be that easily performed on a whim.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 14:09   Link #3024
typhonsentra

Not to mention that it's been demonstrated that when he tried to use that dark power before it backfired on him.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 00:53   Link #3025
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Maybe Rakan has a special ability that let's him semi-copy stuff used on him? For instance, even if he's Rakan, how did he managed to emulate Eva's dark magic trick? Even though it back-fired, something like that shouldn't be that easily performed on a whim.
Unn.. and where he emulated it? I only saw him using a lot of ki...
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 02:22   Link #3026
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Unn.. and where he emulated it? I only saw him using a lot of ki...
When he shows Negi what Eva's dark magic was like, Rakan gathers dark magical energy and takes it in thus activating the dark mode. Seconds later he explodes but the fact he could even take in the energy at all is an emulation.
Old 2009-03-07, 09:39   Link #3027
chaosprophet

Quote:
When he shows Negi what Eva's dark magic was like, Rakan gathers dark magical energy and takes it in thus activating the dark mode. Seconds later he explodes but the fact he could even take in the energy at all is an emulation.
Oh I misunderstood. I thought you meant that he used dark magic on last chapter against Negi.
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 12:09   Link #3028
ChronoReverse

Hmm, Negi is forced to pull out the artifact again. So he definitely loses in terms of fists. I think Rakan would be happy with that though; I feel he'd rather Negi use everything.

Still, Rakan is amazing right now, would Negi be able to fight him even using his hax artifact? I guess he could full-heal Kotaro with it but I wonder what other abilities would be helpful. Too bad he doesn't have Ku Fei as a ministra yet XD. This is one thing I dislike regarding Negi's artifact is that now whenever Negi gets a new ministra, I'm already thinking about what new power Negi is getting.
Old 2009-03-07, 12:26   Link #3029
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

well ... last we know about the Ku Fei Pactio situation was that the gang chased her to get one done after kaede got one ... for all we know they could just as well have caught her and made it ... But Ako's flashbacks doing the battle seem to suggest that she have a vital role in the combat :P
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 12:31   Link #3030
ChronoReverse

I thought there was a throwaway comment later to the tune of "Too bad you didn't get yours Ku Fei". In any case, we'll see.
Old 2009-03-08, 19:35   Link #3031
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Hmm, Negi is forced to pull out the artifact again. So he definitely loses in terms of fists. I think Rakan would be happy with that though; I feel he'd rather Negi use everything.
Lesson learned; Don't forget to bring your Artifact to an unarmed fight...
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 05:11   Link #3032
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Rakan is truly a person too be feared I mean too think that Negi´s father is alot stronger than him.
Old 2009-03-10, 05:32   Link #3033
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Rakan is truly a person too be feared I mean too think that Negi´s father is alot stronger than him.
Nagi is stronger? I thought it was often stated that their powers were on par with each other.

p.s. Even more spoiler pics from AstroNerdBoy's blog.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 05:42   Link #3034
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Nagi is stronger? I thought it was often stated that their powers were on par with each other.

p.s. Even more spoiler pics from AstroNerdBoy's blog.
Well according to Rakan he said that he could not think of himself stronger than Negi´s father.
Old 2009-03-11, 18:09   Link #3035
CCLemon

If Negi can give himself enough time, he can pull out Konoka's artifact to hax-refresh himself...

which would be so ungodly cheap if it wasn't for the fact that Rakan could probably break another few bones while Negi's distracted. And pwn him all over again.
CCLemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 04:32   Link #3036
Pong

New chapter up!

Spoiler for chap 244:
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 05:00   Link #3037
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Or the kid learns to mix light and dark powers together. Who said that you can only use one type at any one time?
Old 2009-03-12, 05:15   Link #3038
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

People are forgetting that "dark mode" is passive, it is already buffing him when he uses Magia Erebea. And so far, he only have three Armationem: Sim Fabricatus AB Incendo, Agilitas Fulminis, and Raitan Taisou. There is literally nothing Negi can do now. Switching Armationem only weaken him since Raitan Taisou is the superior of the three.

Negi can't get power out of nowhere, it doesn't work like that. He can feel dreaded or be burning with determination all he wants, but it'll be futile. I can't see Jack losing with his overwhelming experience and strength.

Negi losing will be for the better, imo. After 245, the second story will begin, and we'll have Fate and Asuna to freshen things up.
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 06:31   Link #3039
Rivenscryr

The last time Negi fought his way to the finals of a tournament, he lost, defeated by a member of Ala Rubra (Albeiro Imma) -- I somehow doubt that the result will be him losing again, in the moment of his greatest need. This is especially so considering who his opponent is: Jack Rakan, himself a living legend - rumored to be invincible.

We already know that the theme of Twilight is fairly important in the magical world vis-a-vis Asuna's true identity, and we've seen that Negi, while possessing an affinity for "the light", as it were, can also use darkness in the form of Magia Erebea. Yet, in this battle that will end the first half of the story, we have not seen Negi use those powers together quite yet - and we have yet to see what will cause the shift in tone between the two. It won't be defeat, for if Negi is truly defeated like this, both in mind and body, if he gives up and stops chasing those of Ala Rubra, then his story ends.

By drawing on the strength of others, he's going to get up, and Rakan will fall - or at least be rendered impotent. After all, we haven't seen Negi v Kageratou a second time yet, and wasn't Rakan's condition for fighting the shadowuser that Kage defeat Negi in a tournament match...
Rivenscryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 09:39   Link #3040
typhonsentra

Spoiler:

Last edited by typhonsentra; 2009-03-13 at 14:24.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy