AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 27 40.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 35.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 14.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-31, 15:04   Link #21
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
lol if you think about it, this is Haruto's fault. What kind of soldier ignores military commands in order to continue his conversation with a cute girl?
He's not a soldier though. He was pretty indecisive and timid guy while at school - no wonder he can't with a situation at a time like this
Old 2013-10-31, 15:06   Link #22
Mephis
Banned

Seriously must we say R.I.P. Marie or just consider this as her brain getting popped by Pino.
Old 2013-10-31, 15:11   Link #23
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
This isn't 4chan so let's not carry the blame game over into other threads. Besides Marie made her own choice; can't she have that at least. Haruto probably will blame himself though.
Right, she made the choice to fight, even after Pino warned her of what would happen.

But if people wanna play the blame game, then a lot of it could go around. L-Elf tried to talk her into it, Akira probably didn't make her feel any better by letting her know things were going South, Shoko could get some for that flashback scene, not to mention Kyuuma and Raizo screaming out for help.

The point is like you said, it's not Haruto's fault. Marie made her choice to pilot the Valvrave. But like you said, Haruto will probably blame himself. And from the preview it looks like he 'll possibly have some reservations about piloting now. Resulting the necessary dosage of Haruto angst.
Old 2013-10-31, 15:14   Link #24
Awrya
U mad?

Awesome episode, I'm really moved by Marie considering how little screen time she actually had. She used up 2 years worth of memory in such a short time (it was an intense battle), how long must she have been the test pilot to lose 14-15 years worth of memory before the start of the show? Unless whenever she test piloted, her memory for the day/duration between tests was lost.

Feel like Saki will continue as K-Zwölf and accompany A-Drei&co for a while as a trainee soldier of sorts.

I really laughed when they showed those German words, just hope one day whatever language anime decides to use will actually be correct and make sense.
Old 2013-10-31, 15:16   Link #25
Mephis
Banned

But this shows that Valvrave have more latent potential and hasn't even brought out their full power.

And for Dorsia's new mecha, it seems to run on batteries and it needs to recharge fast. Except it seems to run out more faster than how Valvrave gets overheated.
Old 2013-10-31, 15:19   Link #26
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephis View Post
But this shows that Valvrave have more latent potential and hasn't even brought out their full power.

And for Dorsia's new mecha, it seems to run on batteries and it needs to recharge fast. Except it seems to run out more faster than how Valvrave gets overheated.
That's to be expected. They are still in their experimental stages after all.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-10-31, 15:39   Link #27
alluka

I have complicated feelings about this episode, but overall, I loved it. R.I.P Marie, we barely knew you, but you were likeable..

New revelations. Lieselotte doesn't seem to be the gentle little girl she used to be. I wonder what's that box she was in, are they extracting runes from her? Or maybe she's like Pino, since Pino herself said that this isn't her true form, maybe Lieselotte is Pino herself?

Saki is stuck in the boy's body with A-Drei (of all people)..

And Haruto is useless again XD seriously if he's shown angsting about Marie next episode I'll be flipping tables.
Old 2013-10-31, 15:44   Link #28
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
This isn't 4chan so let's not carry the blame game over into other threads. Besides Marie made her own choice; can't she have that at least. Haruto probably will blame himself though.
Agreed. If he stuck to the plan, maybe everything wouldn't have gone wrong. I think Marie isn't dead. Her body is just a shell of herself and her mind is in a sort of vegetative state. Now the bodies of Akira and Saki need to be reclaimed and Saki needs to be rescued. I think the Limiter is a mind lock of some sorts that prevents Valvrave pilots from becoming psychologically damaged like Marie.
Old 2013-10-31, 16:21   Link #29
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Just watched it & I loved it!!!!

Where should I start? Lets see:
  • Q-Vier isn't as psychotic as I thought he was. He seemed generally worried when he was calling for A-Drei after that explosion.
  • My likeability meter for A-Drei has gone up a bit. He's shown to be competent enough to accurately predict L-Elf's plan.
  • Saki can think on the spot. 10 points awarded for that info leak she did back there.
  • Marie, though your stay was short, it was impactful. R.I.P
  • Didn't expect Lise to be like 'that'. (Her tone of speech is a little darker than I thought it would be.)

It seems the other pilots have limiters in them that allow them to operate a VVV with minimum risk. Marie burned two years of memories in one use which was about 10-20 minutes tops, when Haruto & the others have been piloting for months & haven't noticed that they 'lost' anything.

In the case of Marie, I think she did die. Apart from her eyes going dead & Pino saying goodbye. Complete loss of memories = being technically brain-dead.

It also makes sense to have that kind of weakness; they(Magius) seem to be impervious to anything. So dying as a result of your own power is a fitting risk. A double-edged sword so to say.

Lise's death flag has gotten even bigger. Its either she is a Magius in complete control of her body or she's being jacked. (NB: She/whoever is jacking her seems to be from the same Clan as Mirko/Amadeus 2.0 [The chamber that she stepped into had the clover symbol.])

The Kirschbaums energy consumption rate is just WOW!! Runes do make a BIG difference.

Overall, it appealed to my emotional side, as I found a tear or two running down my cheek while "Soba ni Iru yo" was playing & Marie's final conversation with Haruto. The action was good & the plot progression was stable, there was also the Dorssian kids getting some development. All in all I enjoyed the episode.

10/10.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2013-11-01 at 13:07.
Old 2013-10-31, 16:32   Link #30
NeutralZero

So everyone blame Haruto and not Marie... dunno if that can be called as classic or just plain tasteless...
but yeah blaming whoever it is is useless now...
Marie... hate to have her killed of for real...
she's probably in a coma state due to over use of unit 1...

in the over heating department of the valvrave, can't they just submerge into the ocean to cool of the system?
Old 2013-10-31, 16:48   Link #31
shadow1296

yeah so we all knew a tragic ending for a character was coming in this show but really did it have to be marie
Old 2013-10-31, 16:48   Link #32
finalfury
Incognito

R.I.P. Marie. We will remember what you did and how brave you were despite being forced into a situation beyond your control. ;_;
Lise-chan seems to be more powerful than I initially expected and much more braver as well. With the royality line showed in the flash forward, I'm leaning slightly more on her descendants surviving in the future.
Now, where is that Dr. Tokishima that was so conveniently mentioned in season 1 that one time?
Old 2013-10-31, 17:30   Link #33
LightDragonman

Poor Marie. This episode definitely made her a woobie.

So as for Saki, she's essentially Private Ryan at this point?
Old 2013-10-31, 17:42   Link #34
mayumi

Sometimes I wonder why is Haruto the MC? The amount of crap they dump on him is
They don't even try to make improvements to him. It's usually always L-ELf is so badass and Haruto is an idiot.
Old 2013-10-31, 17:53   Link #35
MeggieMay

I, for one, don't blame Haruto for Marie's demise. If Marie hadn't jumped into the cockpit things wouldn't have gotten more out of control than they did. While I thought we did finally get to see a better side of A Drei, I also thought we got to see a better side of L Elf in this episode as well. We saw that L Elf isn't always in control (yes, we saw that last season as well but I thought this episode was handled better on that issue). L Elf also handled post shooting Marie better than I thought he would and I don't think he really wanted to have to talk her into defending them. The three of them got themselves into a position that basically left Marie no choice but to do what she did.

Back to A Drei for a moment, I thought both he and Saki as K zwolf had good chemistry. It also allowed Saki to finally realize the background that A Drei and L Elf came from and that may help out with things long term on how to deal with L Elf.
Old 2013-10-31, 17:56   Link #36
LightDragonman

Yeah, I think that Saki is gonna learn a lot more about the opposing side in the upcoming episodes. Wonder if that is what leads to the future that is shown?
Old 2013-10-31, 18:20   Link #37
NeutralZero

Have to agree with Meggiemay, if Marie waited a bit longer before she talk to Haruto then things won't go down hill and their plan would be successful...
but seriously, how far would they go?
They just keep dumping crap over Haruto one after the other and this time around there's no stable emotional support he can get when he goes emo on blaming himself for all of the even even if in the said event, he has no control whatsoever...
Can't expect L11 to do that since its not his department and Saki's trap with A3...

The preview on the other hand seems to tell L11 going to reveal something to them...
Old 2013-10-31, 18:21   Link #38
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the episode because I sure as hell didn't. Yes, lets take a background character that did literally nothing for the first half and with no build up aside from one line of dialogue make her oh so friggin important to the back story only to have her die off! On top of that they force the "bwa this is sad, cry for this drawing!" and the emotional bits are so friggin forced it makes Gundam Age look subtle. "Oh no runes consume memories too!" Yes, LETS FORCE FORESHADOWING INEVITABLE TRAGEDY. At this point they're just ripping off Tekkaman Blade! The fight scenes and characters like L-Elf and Raizo save this series from being Rayearth 2: We hijacked vampire edition Zegapain! Now I'm starting to think this is Tekkaman Blade: Suckage Edition! and to complete the pun they threw in vampires! Considering how drawn out Casshern Sins was I wouldn't put it behind me that Tatsunoko actually had a part in this series's genesis!

As for other.... STUFF, this series still shows in detail just how brutal people die off like in the Cosmic Era Gundam series and those MP Valvraves were awesome as hell. If they actually could fix the battery life on those I'd actually like them more than the real Valvraves themselves.
Old 2013-10-31, 18:29   Link #39
Wandering Soul

R.I.P. Marie. For someone I thought was gonna end up being a minor character she had a great character arc. I also don't blame Haruto completely for her death because there was a good chance Haurto would not have been able to save everyone like Marie could. This episode also made me realize that even though Shoko doesn't appear physically that much she is still important because her bond with several of the characters motivate them. It was also nice to see a different side of A-DREI and Saki will get to see things from the Drossia's point of view since it is important to remeber that no wars can be painted in black and white. Finally Lieselotte might not be as innocent as she seems.
Old 2013-10-31, 18:34   Link #40
NeutralZero

The iron maiden thing just what could be its purpose?
extracting rune?
Closed Thread