2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.96%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.88%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-06-10, 07:59   Link #121
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i just had a brilliant idea that would put a twist on the old fate ending...to really conclude it how bout the fate ending + something special...how bout we see saber leave only...shirou is shattered...next day at shcool we see a new exchange student from england O.o and when she walks through the door its saber...as a real human this time...their bond is so strong that saber was able to recaniate after so many years...she can see shirou again...beautiful ending aint it? *grabs tissue*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-10, 07:59   Link #122
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thats just what i believe in, & what Shirou shall be like for the rest of his life. He isn't just another guy in love.. it goes a lot deeper then that - it makes you wonder if he shall become Archer in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
i just had a brilliant idea that would put a twist on the old fate ending...to really conclude it how bout the fate ending + something special...how bout we see saber leave only...shirou is shattered...next day at shcool we see a new exchange student from england O.o and when she walks through the door its saber...as a real human this time...their bond is so strong that saber was able to recaniate after so many years...she can see shirou again...beautiful ending aint it? *grabs tissue*
Sorry, but that just isn't Type-Moon.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-06-10 at 08:20.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-10, 08:18   Link #123
QuinE*
allyouranimearebelongtome

Send a message via MSN to QuinE*
Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
We all know what the first love means. It is said that the only woman a man can never forget is the one he loved first (also works with made love with for the first time).

True Shirou is only sixteen. But he's seen in two weeks what most people may never see in a lifetime.

To me, in Fate ending, Shirou is definitely bound to Saber and the only thing that will leave him happy is these memories. Even alone.
I concur. You may never fall in love again the way you did with your current/gone spouse (the "one" of your life), when you already have countless of pleasant memories and spent meaningful moments together. Nothing can replace those things imo. I believe this fits Shirou if the show has to end the Fate way.
QuinE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-10, 09:20   Link #124
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Well, Rin or Sakura can come in in romance department after Saber's reign....I personally prefered Rin over two actually.
Old 2006-06-10, 09:26   Link #125
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

I don't think Rin would be too fond of becoming a short-term Saber replacement.

Quote:
Fate/Fushigi Yuugi? No, thanks.
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-10, 14:19   Link #126
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Well, Rin or Sakura can come in in romance department after Saber's reign....I personally prefered Rin over two actually.
Do you actually mean can or can't? I myself would rather believe the latter as I've already said before.
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-10, 14:31   Link #127
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
He can spend his time alone perfecting Unlimited Saber Works
Old 2006-06-10, 14:35   Link #128
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You can see the animation shinning from the Episode 24 preview, good stuff to see.

Episode 23 was just what i wanted, and a brilliant episode at that - it's a path of whats to come.
Old 2006-06-10, 19:00   Link #129
Wadjet
Join the Yggdra Union

i think we might actually get to see shirou's UBW. The dagger Rin gave she said she put a lot of mana into it and when the time comes he should release it. Also those blades in his body shown a couple eps back had to signify something.

I was wondering why archer couldn't heal like Shirou, cause she took avalon back. Wonder why she didnt use it in the fight against gilgamesh. She shoulda faked like she was gonna do excalibur and pull out avalon instead. XD

Man Gil isn't shy about demanding Saber to be his woman. If he wasn't so stuck up i might have rooted for the guy.
Wadjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-10, 19:01   Link #130
Mr. Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Well, Rin or Sakura can come in in romance department after Saber's reign....
Or, ya' know, real Karen ala F/ha hints

Regardless of the ending, I'm just hoping that it still remains emotionally powerful. Even if it doesn't retain the uplifting tone of the original Fate or contain the same meaning, if it's well done I can still accept it. Hopefully the animation jumps a bit and really sends the series out with a bang.
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-10, 19:48   Link #131
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guy
Or, ya' know, real Karen ala F/ha hints
Now now.. we don't wanna get into that talk. ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guy
Regardless of the ending, I'm just hoping that it still remains emotionally powerful. Even if it doesn't retain the uplifting tone of the original Fate or contain the same meaning, if it's well done I can still accept it. Hopefully the animation jumps a bit and really sends the series out with a bang.
I can just see all the emotion we need being in the final episode. I'm manly just saying that thanks to how emotional i know i'm going to be.
Old 2006-06-11, 01:24   Link #132
Nameless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
You don't understand what type of alone we're talking about here.

Saber leaves, Shirou isn't going to want to fall in love again - he won't need to when he has the memories of Saber.
You're such a hypocrite it's not even funny.

In one post, you all proclaim how it's this "bittersweet" real ending, and in another post say how Shirou won't need to fall in love, he can live the rest of his life alone, but he won't really be alone?

That doesn't make sense. Don't clutter this discussion saying how a sad ending is more believable and real, and then on that same hand with another finger say how Shirou won't be unhappy alone.

Every human being on the planet would be sad and miserable if they had to see the person they love go away forver. And don't give me that, "they're alive in your memories" crap, that doesn't apply. If you live a fulfilling relationship with a person, like your mom, or your grandmother or a wife, and they die of old age/natural causes but you still experienced love with them and a fulfilling life, sure their memory might be enough to pass the time.

However, in Shirou's case it's different, and if you want to say his feelings are REALISTIC then you'd admit no 16 year old in ANY freakin' form of the universe would be okay with his first love being stripped from him only a few days/hours after she admits she loves him to begin with. He didn't get to see her naked, he didn't get to take her to the movies to watch Bad Boys 3, he didn't get to take her on a vacation to Paris or make fun of her antenna hair.

If you want to be realistic, keep your argument simple instead of giving us this crap about why you think he wouldn't be happy.

EDIT: To add, I think you're just defending your favorism of the Fate ending remaining true to the game. You're not really providing any logical argument to why Shirou would be happy alone, you're just making up facts.

I think Shirou would end up with Sakura in the Fate route, but I don't think it'd be the ideal love. She loves him from what we can tell, but his love for her would be conditional. Love for a friend that because of A) No Saber and B) Her devotion to him, turns into a monogonous love. Sure it's not RIGHT, and it's kind of messed up, but hey, it's realistic right? It's also sad/depressing, so you should dig that outcome off the bat.

Quote:
Yeah, i know its hard to say when looking at the style of guy Shirou is, and his age - but look at this this way..

Look at what he becomes.
Spoiler:
Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 01:31   Link #133
Blaster

Just a build up to the last episode.
The fights will be short(since they need to do an ending) unless they do a double episode.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 01:41   Link #134
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
So you're saying even though his hair prematurely turns white, he becomes a cold individual, a ruthless fighter with UBW that only reluctantly offers advise to his own SELF from the past, you think he was happy/content with how things went?
Eirei EMIYA was mentioned to have literally tore himself apart trying to master his abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
I don't know how the game works, or how alternate futures work, but I really don't know if the Archer we saw in the anime was the same as the Shirou we saw. It might've been a possible future of Shirou, but if it was- Would he have already known about the Holy Grail's real purpose and what happens when people obtain it? Also, if that Archer is the same future of the Shirou we saw, then what's up? Did he fail? Did Shirou and Saber's "sacrifice that was worth it" fail and make it... Not worth it?

In case you're not reading between the lines, let me spell it out for you:
For Archer to exist, Shirou and Saber's sacrifice in this war has to have failed, hence him becoming a servant. The whole purpose behind Saber and Shirou's sacrifice is to destroy the grail and prevent the war. If the grail comes back and Shirou comes back as Archer, or rather, becomes Archer, then he didn't really live his life in content/happiness. It takes a lot of depression and discontent to turn into THAT kind of guy.

The Holy Grail have nothing to do with the creation of Eirei's. Humans become Eirei's thanks to their fame and legends, or even out of their own choice.

Eirei's reside within the Hall of Heroes, which transend time, and are capable of being summoned regardless if the person that became an Eirei is from the past or the future.

IE: The Eirei EMIYA originates from Shirou from one possible timeline in the future (possibily the Fate Scenerio).

And as for Archer...you can tell by his attitude that like Saber, he too lived his life with regret.
Old 2006-06-11, 01:48   Link #135
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

For Archer to have existed.

Maybe he could have already averted that which could have made Emiya into a regretful Archer?

Archer's existence in this Holy Grail was because he wanted to prevent something. Regardless of whatever might have turned a different version of Shirou into Archer, this Shirou is not guarranteed to become another Archer/Eirei Emiya. He might become Archer in his future, but it won't necessarily be the one full of regret and sorrow.

Archer will continue to exist, given that the Holy Grail allows Eireis to transcend time. But there is no given information regarding how Emiya in his lifetime will develop, and how his development might affect Eirei Emiya/Archer, given that the information he accumulates during his lifetime might be possibly assimilated into Eirei Emiya's memories.

If Shirou does develop into a different Eirei Emiya and refuses to become an Eirei, then Archer will continue to exist, but only be that who represents one future of Shirou's life which he had already averted.

Regardless of our speculations, we all have to watch the Epilogue to see just exactly how the story concludes, anyways.

Oh, and this isn't for Village Idiot, it's for Nameless regarding his speculation on Archer.
Old 2006-06-11, 01:59   Link #136
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydex
I stopped watching this serie a while ago but kept reading the posts here, and from what I can see, i made the right decision, maybe I'm not enough of a philosopher to enjoy the Fate ending.
While I enjoyed the series and have withstood many bad endings in anime (Berserk being the first on the list), I gotta agree with you. I don't really care about the message behind Shirou being alone or whatever... I'd rather get what I want.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 02:06   Link #137
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel
For Archer to have existed.

Maybe he could have already averted that which could have made Emiya into a regretful Archer?

Archer's existence in this Holy Grail was because he wanted to prevent something. Regardless of whatever might have turned a different version of Shirou into Archer, this Shirou is not guarranteed to become another Archer/Eirei Emiya. He might become Archer in his future, but it won't necessarily be the one full of regret and sorrow.

Archer will continue to exist, given that the Holy Grail allows Eireis to transcend time. But there is no given information regarding how Emiya in his lifetime will develop, and how his development might affect Eirei Emiya/Archer, given that the information he accumulates during his lifetime might be possibly assimilated into Eirei Emiya's memories.

If Shirou does develop into a different Eirei Emiya and refuses to become an Eirei, then Archer will continue to exist, but only be that who represents one future of Shirou's life which he had already averted.

Regardless of our speculations, we all have to watch the Epilogue to see just exactly how the story concludes, anyways.

Oh, and this isn't for Village Idiot, it's for Nameless regarding his speculation on Archer.
I believe Archer hasn't actually averted Shirou from becoming him as I think Shirou is more stead-fast in his beliefs and ideals so there was not a lot of chance Shirou would become him in the first place, Archer was always just a slim future possibility.
(I want to see the really evil possible future of Shirou-some may say thats what Archer was but he wasn't really evil)

In the end Archer realised that the path of justice Shirou was taking was the right path, what a damn waste of time!

P.S. If FSN was like 40 eps long they could have fitted everything in:
more character background
longer fights
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 02:09   Link #138
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzer
I believe Archer hasn't actually averted Shirou from becoming him as I think Shirou is more stead-fast in his beliefs and ideals so there was not a lot of chance Shirou would become him in the first place, Archer was always just a slim future possibility.
(I want to see the really evil possible future of Shirou-some may say thats what Archer was but he wasn't really evil)

In the end Archer realised that the path of justice Shirou was taking was the right path, what a damn waste of time!

P.S. If FSN was like 40 eps long they could have fitted everything in:
more character background
longer fights
Not evil enough?

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-11, 02:13   Link #139
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
However, in Shirou's case it's different, and if you want to say his feelings are REALISTIC then you'd admit no 16 year old in ANY freakin' form of the universe would be okay with his first love being stripped from him only a few days/hours after she admits she loves him to begin with. He didn't get to see her naked, he didn't get to take her to the movies to watch Bad Boys 3, he didn't get to take her on a vacation to Paris or make fun of her antenna hair.
Even though your post brings some good points, I'd like to get back to this one.

Shirou is no normal 16 year old teenager. He's seen death in the eyes countless times, he fought in a war for the Holy Grail, he protected the one who was supposed to protect him, he fell in love with her and did whatever possible to make her change regarding her wish.

Sure, Shirou will feel sad and heartbroken but that doesn't necessarily makes him unhappy, does it?

He met a perfect love. He's experienced things in two weeks no one may ever experience in a lifetime. And as I said, if one trully loves somebody, he has to be able to let go of her.

Shirou doesn't want Saber to leave. However, he's realizing that to achieve his and her own goals, this is unavoidable (kind of). After having such days with her, with someone he almost fell in love at first sight (he just said that he didn't realized it back then) this is realistic to say that the usual behaviors don't apply to him.

So yeah, in this way I believe the only way for him to feel somewhat happy is to bear Saber's memories in his mind.
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 02:14   Link #140
Nameless

If I had to guess:

Spoiler:
Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote