AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2022-12-18, 07:06   Link #81
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Considering, how Kuuya ended... She was an odd character, being plot-relevant but not even getting in the Hakuoros harm or family like other girls.

Meanwhile, was ep. 26 actually the first time Kuon called herself Hakuoros daughter in the anime and Yuzuha being mentioned as her biological mother or am I forgetting something?
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-18, 13:58   Link #82
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Considering, how Kuuya ended... She was an odd character, being plot-relevant but not even getting in the Hakuoros harm or family like other girls.

Meanwhile, was ep. 26 actually the first time Kuon called herself Hakuoros daughter in the anime and Yuzuha being mentioned as her biological mother or am I forgetting something?
It was mostly hinted by the tail alone for a long time, until at some point they confirmed that Yuzuha was the mother. I don't remember her having said clearly that Hakuoro was the father though. (I even missed it in EP26). I couldn't have been anyone else than Hakuoro to begin with though.

For the first episode I thought she was Karulas daughters though, since Yuzuha wasn't exactly associated with that kind of strength.

Regrading Kuuya:
I had even forgotten that she existed until I saw the exo suits again.
Afterwards I wondered whether she got mentally stable again, and couldn't find anything because I had completely forgotten her name.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-18, 14:46   Link #83
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

You miss the point here. I know explicitely who her parents are from the games. I am just saying that they were sort of omittong stating it in the anime as her birth was cut from the first season (probably, bacause they had no sequel plans when).

Quote:
I don't remember her having said clearly that Hakuoro was the father though. (I even missed it in EP26).
CR blocks making screenshots for some reason so it is a bit junky but here is the exact moment:

Old 2022-12-18, 16:21   Link #84
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
You miss the point here. I know explicitely who her parents are from the games. I am just saying that they were sort of omittong stating it in the anime as her birth was cut from the first season (probably, bacause they had no sequel plans when).

CR blocks making screenshots for some reason so it is a bit junky but here is the exact moment:

I know you knew it before, I just confirmed your suspicion that no one had said it before.

Very possible that I missed her saying it, I was binge watching myself to sleep with the 2nd season yesterday

Also good to know that it's actually CR blocking it.. I was already questioning whether CR was the problem, when someone else managed to post a screenshot in the spyX Family thread.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2022-12-19, 04:18   Link #85
SidVicious
Anime addict

Looks like episodes 27 and 28 will be airing together.

https://twitter.com/UtawareAnime/sta...51434060210176
Old 2022-12-19, 04:26   Link #86
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Yes, it was known for a few weeks already.
Old 2022-12-19, 19:23   Link #87
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'll give them this. Was about to criticize the ending for being way too weak the way it was going. So hey, Kuon's power going berserk should at least create something interesting out of it.

Honestly I just always presumed she was Yuzuha's daughter. Although maybe I read a spoiler on that at some point and got the knowledge from there. Regardless it makes sense with the rest of the original harem basically being pseudo mothers for Kuon.

Guess we'll see how this wraps up. But I'm sure it'll still just end in tragedy anyways. So just kind of dragging it out in that sense .
Old 2022-12-20, 03:00   Link #88
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Let's say it will end happily for some characters, but, obviously, not for Haku.
Old 2022-12-20, 08:12   Link #89
magnuskn

It's not like anybody really cares about the characters other than Kuon and Haku (and the legacy characters from the first series), since their characterization is so paper thin with the vast majority of them that they seem like elevated background characters. Which got even more apparent in the last episodes, when they were made out to be totally incompetent against the new threats, after they failed three teenagers with little combat experience from getting to Haku.
Old 2022-12-20, 19:13   Link #90
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'll give them this. Was about to criticize the ending for being way too weak the way it was going. So hey, Kuon's power going berserk should at least create something interesting out of it.

Honestly I just always presumed she was Yuzuha's daughter. Although maybe I read a spoiler on that at some point and got the knowledge from there. Regardless it makes sense with the rest of the original harem basically being pseudo mothers for Kuon.

Guess we'll see how this wraps up. But I'm sure it'll still just end in tragedy anyways. So just kind of dragging it out in that sense .
I just remembered... Didn't they even show baby Kuon in Yuzuzha's arms at the end of the original Utawarerumono?

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2022-12-20 at 20:01.
Old 2022-12-21, 05:25   Link #91
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I just remembered... Didn't they even show baby Kuon in Yuzuzha's arms at the end of the original Utawarerumono?
Original game had Oboro with Kuon in his arms on Yuzuhas grave. Anime altered this scene.
Old 2022-12-24, 16:29   Link #92
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

A bit of a pity for Kuon. Now it's her time to chase for the god.

At least
Spoiler:

Also, I was happy they re-did the graveyard scene from S1 final.

Overall, I probably liked this season almost as much as the first one. To bad second anime was pretty bad as an adaptation.
Old 2022-12-24, 20:19   Link #93
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
A bit of a pity for Kuon. Now it's her time to chase for the god.

At least
Spoiler:

Also, I was happy they re-did the graveyard scene from S1 final.

Overall, I probably liked this season almost as much as the first one. To bad second anime was pretty bad as an adaptation.
He didn't get to see his daughter though... And will probably inherit her paperwork.

So I guess the next part of the Story will be titled "Utawarerumono: Where on Earth is Haku Sandiego".

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2022-12-24 at 20:31.
Old 2022-12-25, 15:08   Link #94
magnuskn

Well, they got me to catch an emotion in the last ten minutes of the last episode, so good for them. Still, it had to be bittersweet in some way, so Kuon probably will forever search for Haku.

Good for Hakuoro, though. I hope he likes paperwork.

6,5/10 in total for this and the last season, since I never really connected with any characters outside of Kuon and maybe Anju and the character work was spotty at best for most of the side characters.
Old 2022-12-26, 02:13   Link #95
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
On the positive side things worked out fantastically for Hakuoro . All the powers that were an utter pain and restraining him got taken and he can just live his life. His life is in great shape now . Got a lovely wife in Eruruu to actually stay with this time and can theoretically do whatever he wants. Though maybe for the best if he returns to rule over Tuskuru. It's been doing ok, but Kuon never stays around long enough to rule over anything and Oboro got saddled with the job for a long time after Hakuoro left. I feel like everyone would be pretty happy to have him back in charge honestly.

The franchise does love bittersweet endings. But this time I'm fine with it. Mostly because I have surprisingly little emotional attachment to anyone in this sequel's cast. There's some sympathy for all these girls utterly desperate to find Haku that just never will. Maybe they can also get dream sequence visits, but that seems to be the limit. It's kind of fun in a sense that they are all working hard and eager to see him, while he's totally fine hanging out in that boundary space. Taking up Hakuoro's powers and happily staying there for eternity.

I respect the girls for their amazing optimism. The guy died, reappeared, and then disappeared again. I guess pattern allows for him to randomly appear again. But they are all really confident about something that seems incredibly unlikely.

While I can't say the sequel series (both parts) was anything great, it did resolve the lingering bittersweet ending for the original series. I'm really happy for Hakuoro, Eruruu, and company. It's kind of too bad the other main cast members won't find out Hakuoro is back very quickly since they are all off on journeys or running inns in foreign countries. Kind of funny that they set up all that when those characters will immediately run back to Tuskuru when they find out .

I'll give it a 6.5/10. Mostly thanks to making me feel way better about the original series ending. Everything worked out great .
Old 2023-02-11, 23:40   Link #96
Alchemist007
*Author

Finally got to finishing this.

Yeah it's weird how they left some details out, had to wiki some game-only lore. Didn't much care for the last bad guy plot things.
Pretty neat they brought Hakuoro out from his dimensional man-cave; guess they still wanted the traditional Japanese implied ending for Haku though. It's been a long journey for this anime series from start to finish. Favorite part of this last one was probably the two empresses fighting and Kuon realising Haku was there.

Overall the show's strengths were more in the silly stuff and politics rather than the scifi horror background.

7/10

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2023-02-12 at 00:01.
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote