Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-08, 05:57   Link #81
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Is there a real life equivalent of Action Duels? I can see some kind of field where you place a bunch of cards face down and you can move your monsters across the field by giving up an attack phase or something (monsters in defense mode can't pick up action cards). That'd make sense given how it was shown in episode 1.

However, that Pendulum summon was wtf?
I think a real life version of Action Duels would be cool. At first I was trying to figure out about Pendulum summon but I got a gist about it.
Spoiler for About Pendulum Summoning:
Old 2014-04-08, 06:15   Link #82
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Spoiler for About Pendulum Summoning:
There are already videos online showing how deadly it is. >_>
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 07:01   Link #83
Marina2

It's OP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DMow17Tv7Y

Also, it seems there are both normal version and peudulum version of card. Their effects are difference too.

Odd-Eyes Dragon
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Odd-Eyes_Dragon

Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Odd-Eyes_Pendulum_Dragon
Old 2014-04-08, 08:52   Link #84
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
There are already videos online showing how deadly it is. >_>
Off-topic:
Deadly, yes but with the right cards, it could stop that in a heartbeat (Solemn Warning and Anti-Frag). But I think this will make the game way harder now (been tested it with my Inca and Power Tool Decks on YGOPro)

Back on topic: Now with this, we will see Synchs and XYZs in play and that is a good thing.
Old 2014-04-08, 09:09   Link #85
Eclipze

One of the AznEyesWhiteDragon video (linked above) mentioned that the OCG has triple Gorz and torrential tributes, so we might be seeing a lot more mass-destruction being unbanned/unlimited/introduced.

When more Pendulum cards gets release, we'll probably get a limit to how many you can include in a deck as well. Decks based on 60% pendulum monsters + 10-20% tuners would be too out of control I believe (there's only 3 pendulums released so far).
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 11:48   Link #86
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Odd-Eyes, so far, is the only with a normal and Pendulum form. All the others that have been revealed, so far, have been purely Pendulum Monsters, so there has been no "normal" version of Astronmancy Magician or Chronomancy Magician and such.

Pendulum Monsters are also quite easy to get down once you learn the basics.

PENDULUM MONSTERS

“Pendulum Summon” is a new form of Summoning using Pendulum Monsters. By performing a Pendulum Summon, you can Special Summon a lot of monsters at once. The monsters you can bring out with a Pendulum Summon differ by the Pendulum Scale on Pendulum Monsters, but given the right conditions you can bring out high level monsters. You can only perform 1 Pendulum Summon per turn.

[Necessities for Pendulum Summoning]

If you want to Pendulum Summon, you have to first check the Pendulum Scales on the Pendulum Monsters. In the example above, the Pendulum Scale is 1. These numbers are different from the Level a monster naturally has. To perform a Pendulum Summon you need 2 Pendulum Monsters. So be sure to put 2 or more Pendulum Monsters with different Pendulum Scales in your Main Deck!

Pendulum Summoning Procedure

1. During your Main Phase, you can place Pendulum Monsters from your hand to your Pendulum Zones. This is done just like activating a Normal Magic or Continuous Magic, but in your Pendulum Zone, and after activation, they will still in the Pendulum Zones as long as they are not destroyed by card effects.

2. Once you have a Pendulum Monster in each Pendulum Zone, you can declare that you are performing a Pendulum Summon during your Main Phase. Check the Pendulum Scales on the Pendulum Monsters, then, Special Summon any number of monsters from your hand (up to as many as your open Monster Zones) whose Levels are numbers that are between the Pendulum Scales. This completes your Pendulum Summon.

I.E. For a Pendulum Summon performed using Pendulum Monsters with Pendulum Scales 1 and 8, you can Special Summon Level 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 monsters.

[Special Summoning from the Extra Deck]

If a Pendulum Monster would go from the field to the Graveyard, it does not go to the Graveyard but rather is placed on your Extra Deck. When you declare that you are performing a Pendulum Summon, if there are any Pendulum Monsters in your Extra Deck, you can Special Summon those monsters as well. (Be aware that just like with the monsters you Special Summon from your hand, you have to check to make sure that Pendulum Monsters’ Levels that you want to Special Summon are between the Pendulum Scales on the Pendulum Zones.) The number of monsters you Special Summon when you perform a Pendulum Summon is entirely up to you, and it is possible for you to Special Summon only from the hand, only from the Extra Deck, or from both places.

[About Monster Abilities]

Sometimes you will come across monsters that list their Ability next to their Type. An example being “Genbu no Shoukanshi” to the left which has “Flip” as its Ability. Other examples include “Union” or “Gemini”. Also, usually, the explanation for that Ability is written in the card’s text.

Example: [Spellcaster/Flip/Effect]

-How to Place Pendulum Monsters in the Pendulum Zones

Pendulum Monsters are monsters, but they can be activated like Magic Cards and placed in the Pendulum Zones. (You cannot Set a Pendulum Monster into the Pendulum Zone.) While in the Pendulum Zone, they are treated as Magic Cards, and apply their Pendulum Effects. (Their effects as Monsters are not applied.) (However, although they are treated as Magic Card, they are special cards that are not treated as a Normal, Continuous, Field, Equip, Quick-Play, or Ritual Magic Card.)

Pendulum Monsters placed in your Pendulum Zones do not count towards you 5 card total in your Magic & Trap Zone. You cannot replace Pendulum Monsters that are in your Pendulum Zones like you can with Field Spell Cards. (They remain in the Zone as long as they are not destroyed.) As long as your Pendulum Zones are open, there is no limit to how many times you can place Pendulum Monsters into your Pendulum Zones per turn.

^ Basically, you cannot replace one Pendulum Monster with another one. The one(s) you place in the Pendulum Zone is the one you're stuck with until it leaves the field.

-About Pendulum Summons

When you perform a Pendulum Summon, it is important to be aware of the Pendulum Scales. For example, if you have 2 Pendulum Monsters in your Pendulum Zones with Pendulum Scales that are either the same or have a difference of 1, you cannot perform a Pendulum Summon, because there is no Level number that exists between them. (Even though you cannot perform a Pendulum Summon, you still gain the Pendulum Effects of the Pendulum Monsters in the Pendulum Zones.)

-About Adding Pendulum Monsters to your Extra Deck

A player can only start the Duel with an Extra Deck of 15 or less cards, containing only Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Monsters. However, Pendulum Monsters can be added from the field to your Extra Deck during the course of a Duel. Even if your Extra Deck total goes over 15 during a Duel due to Pendulum Monsters being added to your Extra Deck, it does not count as breaking the rules of the game. If a Pendulum Monster exists as a card on the field and would be sent to the Graveyard (not just while they are in your Pendulum Zones), you add them to your Extra Deck. (The same thing happens if they are face-down on the field and would be sent to the Graveyard.)

To differentiate the Pendulum Monsters from the other monsters in your Extra Deck, you place them face-up on your Extra Deck. (The number of Pendulum Monsters added to an Extra Deck, as well as their specific card information, are considered public knowledge and both players may check them at any time.) If a Pendulum Monster is sent from the hand or Deck to the Graveyard, or if they are used as Xyz Material and then sent to the Graveyard, they go into the Graveyard like normal. After a Duel has ended, remember to return the Pendulum Monsters that are added to the Extra Deck back to your Main Deck.

Images of Pendulum Monsters:

http://i.imgur.com/nVMtgWT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/We5BGXq.jpg

Also, as far as I can tell, if you have multiple monsters that you want to Pendulum Summon, then you must Pendulum Summon them all at once or none at all. You cannot Pendulum Summon one monster, perform another action of some kind (Summon, Set, activate other cards), and then Pendulum Summon another monster(s).
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 13:15   Link #87
Esclair

So basically, at the end of episode 1, he drew a 5th monster, which was also a pendulum monster, which gave him the 2 monsters required for pendulum summoning the 3 other pendulum monsters that fell between that range?

It seems like an interesting mechanic but the drawbacks are likely that you need a high density of pendulum monsters in your deck to make the mechanic consistent enough to rely on, but a lot of the pendulum monsters are probably sub-par.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 13:29   Link #88
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
So basically, at the end of episode 1, he drew a 5th monster, which was also a pendulum monster, which gave him the 2 monsters required for pendulum summoning the 3 other pendulum monsters that fell between that range?

It seems like an interesting mechanic but the drawbacks are likely that you need a high density of pendulum monsters in your deck to make the mechanic consistent enough to rely on, but a lot of the pendulum monsters are probably sub-par.
1.) Actually, he only Pendulum Summoned 1 Pendulum Monster that is Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon (which was transformed from Odd-Eyes Dragon, which is actually better in the OCG/TCG than the anime, into a Pendulum Monster by whatever power that crystal has that Yuya wears, alongside Astromancy Magician and Chronomancy Magician, which were the 2 Pendulum Monsters he placed into the Pendulum Zones). The other 2 are regular Effect Monsters.

OCG/TCG effects:

Odd-Eyes Dragon
Dark/Dragon/7/2500/2000
When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the destroyed monster's original ATK.

^ Anime version only had it work when it destroyed a Level 5 or higher monster by battle and sent it to the Graveyard.

Astromancy Magician (Pendulum)
Dark/Spellcaster/5/1200/1400
Scale 1
Pendulum Effect: If a Pendulum Monster you control battles, your opponent cannot activate any Magic Cards until the end of the Damage Step. If you do not have a "Magician" card or "Odd-Eyes" card in your other Pendulum Zone, this card's Pendulum Scale becomes 4.
Once per turn, when exactly 1 Pendulum Monster you control is returned to your hand by your opponent's card effect, you can Special Summon 1 monster from your hand with the same Level as the returned monster.

Chronomancy Magician (Pendulum)
Dark/Spellcaster/3/1200/1600
Scale 8
Pendulum Effect: If you control no monsters you can activate this card. If a Pendulum Monster you control battles, your opponent cannot activate any Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step. If you do not have an "Magician" card or an "Odd-Eyes" card in your other Pendulum Zone, this card's Pendulum Scale becomes 4.
Once per turn, while this card is in your Monster Card Zone, cards in your Pendulum Zone cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects.

Entermate Sword Fish (unconfirmed OCG/TCG effect)
Water/Fish/2/600/600
When this card is Normal or Special Summoned, all face-up monsters your opponent currently controls lose 600 ATK and DEF. If you Special Summon a monster(s), all face-up monsters your opponent currently controls lose 600 ATK and DEF. You must control this face-up card to activate and to resolve this effect.

Entermate Whip Viper
Earth/Reptile/4/1700/900
Once per turn, you can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls. Switch its current ATK and DEF until the End Phase.

Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon (Pendulum)
Dark/Dragon/7/2500/2000
Scale 4
Pendulum Effect: You can only use each Pendulum Effect of "Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon" once per turn. You can make the Battle Damage you take from a battle involving a Pendulum Monster you control 0. During your End Phase, you can destroy this card, and if you do, add 1 Pendulum Monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck to your hand.
Monster Effect: If this card battles an opponent's monster, double any Battle Damage to your opponent.

2.) There's also the fact that the Pendulum Summoned monsters must be from your hand, except for Pendulum Monsters that got sent to the Extra Deck. And, as shown, most likely have to be Summoned all at once during that once per turn declaration of Pendulum Summoning with nothing in between, so it's essentially almost an all or nothing Summoning that can potentially eat up resources if you're not careful on how it's used.

And I'd only expect the early Pendulum Monsters to be pretty basic and simple like most early new concepts are. As the series/Sets continue, there will eventually be more powerful and/or complex Pendulum Monsters released.
Old 2014-04-08, 14:00   Link #89
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Quote:

Well pendulum summoning only came out about one month ago and there is alot of things they want to do or what type of cards they will have (like one rumor that I heard, that you might see some existing cards will turn into Pendulum monsters including Turners), like how Pokemon only had not much new mons' but alot of existed ones can Mega Evolved in X/Y. Since you can use pendulum summon on each turn it is more like you want to bring them all out (like that video that had Scrap Deck going insane with summons) or hold back.
Old 2014-04-08, 14:32   Link #90
Nvis
Where are the good animes

How come the MC's signature monster always have ~2500 atk?

Rivals are usually ~3000 atk.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 16:04   Link #91
Frontier

Because Dark/Black Magician, Yugi's Ace monster and the first Ace for a Yu-Gi-Oh! lead character, had it and other series followed suit. That's basically the gist of it .

Judai kinda broke this with his E-Heroes, setting aside Shining Flare Wingman, at least until he got Neos .

Odd-Eyes Dragon... you know, I think this might be the first time I've ever wanted an Ace monster to get its upgrade as soon as possible. Well, technically Odd-Eyes has his Pendulum version, but still .
Old 2014-04-14, 08:31   Link #92
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Ep.2

- It has been a long time since a female protag beats the MC in a duel but Yuzu is a very good duelist herself (already better than Kotori and Tea).

- MC still have alot to learn about pendulum summon and that is a given since he messed up on how to summon his twin summoners.

I have to give this series props of trying to be different than Zexal and I hope that it contiunes to impress like I am right now.
Old 2014-04-15, 17:25   Link #93
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Ep.2

- It has been a long time since a female protag beats the MC in a duel but Yuzu is a very good duelist herself (already better than Kotori and Tea).

- MC still have alot to learn about pendulum summon and that is a given since he messed up on how to summon his twin summoners.

I have to give this series props of trying to be different than Zexal and I hope that it contiunes to impress like I am right now.
Anyone's better than Kotori because she doesn't know how to duel. The only time she ever did was being possessed by Barian's Force.
Old 2014-04-15, 19:10   Link #94
Kurohane

Quote:
Ep.2

Really? The female lead beat the MC, in this series? That's one for the history books, because that has never happened before. Ever.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2014-04-15 at 22:54.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 20:18   Link #95
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Really,? The female lead beat the MC, in this series? That's one for the history books, because that has never happened before. Ever.
Well, to be fair, it was really only because Yuya had no idea how Pendulum Summoning really worked. In essence, it was only dumb luck that it worked for him the first time around.
Old 2014-04-15, 21:08   Link #96
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Well, to be fair, it was really only because Yuya had no idea how Pendulum Summoning really worked. In essence, it was only dumb luck that it worked for him the first time around.
Pssst, RX, let's just give this to Yuzu. If we know the pattern of Yugioh female MCs, she'll eventually fall into a never ending void of fanservice and Rule 34 fanart, so let's give her her moment while it lasts.
Old 2014-04-15, 21:27   Link #97
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Pssst, RX, let's just give this to Yuzu. If we know the pattern of Yugioh female MCs, she'll eventually fall into a never ending void of fanservice and Rule 34 fanart, so let's give her her moment while it lasts.
Sadly, yeah, it wouldn't surprise me. After all, look at how awesome Asuka/"Alexis" and Aki/"Akiza" started out in the first couple seasons before being regulated to cheerleader status...
Old 2014-04-15, 21:31   Link #98
Wandering Soul

I really hope that they don't repeat the cycle and allow Yuzu to actually play a bigger role in the story than just being Yuya's cheerleader/eventual love interest.
Old 2014-04-19, 22:00   Link #99
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Ep 1

After Zexal ... ARC V

So this first episode .... Action duel is interesting and this 'invocation pundulum" I can't really understand someone explain me please and this invocation just Yuya can made that?
Old 2014-04-19, 23:14   Link #100
Esclair

It does feel like he's cheating if he's using cards that nobody else has.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote