Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-05, 06:36   Link #41
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Only in the manga

The anime has.... something else.

(Can hardly believe that there is a manga adaptation/tie in that actually tamer than original source)
I think the manga is the same as the anime. In both Jill rapes Ange to put her on her place, using the "health examination" as an excuse.
Old 2014-10-05, 06:38   Link #42
deadlight
バカ うさぎ

not downplaying anything......
but her mother gets killed in front of her, and her whole world collapses
deadlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 06:42   Link #43
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The baby cage scene was pretty brutal tho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I think the manga is the same as the anime. In both Jill rapes Ange to put her on her place, using the "health examination" as an excuse.
The tool used was... different

Sorry, I will stop nitpicking from now.
Old 2014-10-05, 06:46   Link #44
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
The tool used was... different
No, it's the same.

Spoiler for manga page:
Old 2014-10-05, 06:51   Link #45
n0m@n
C-Z

She had that metal arm shoved inside her for the cavity search huh...
I'm suprised she even survived. Seriously, it wouldnt be weird if she died from that lol.
First she had a "Rider kick" to her stomach. Then that.

I think they downplayed Emma's role in the anime. Emma certainly did take away Ange's earing by force in the anime. But Im sure Emma ripped it off her ear in the manga. Or was it just my eyes?

Oh. And a new spin off manga.
http://comic-walker.com/contents/det...0048010000_68/
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 06:51   Link #46
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

that.......i dont know what to think of this anime, the first minute i thought it was symphogear s3 then some norma stuff, alot of plp are hating on norma even though it looks like they are the only ones who can defeat those monsters, then that anal thing at the end not to mention they beat the shit out of her.
All up absolutely nothing positive about the first episode and the preview looks much the same, ill give it the 3 ep rule though cause the animation looks nice
Old 2014-10-05, 06:58   Link #47
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Point...conceded
Old 2014-10-05, 07:08   Link #48
EroKing

I thought karma is supposed to bite you in the ass and not get shoved up in it

NSFW
Gif
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-12-02 at 08:36.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 07:10   Link #49
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Its pretty much Ange is forced to enter boot camp and right now on the first phase of breaking down the person she was before and building her back up as a soldier. Her princess personality is going to make her a lot of enemies and one friend in this phase, like we saw in previous animes. I hope this rape train stop after the next episode but I'm holding my breath.
Old 2014-10-05, 07:29   Link #50
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Spoiler for Episode 1:
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 08:45   Link #51
Elazul

When I decided to watch this anime, my first thought was that a combination of dragons + cool mecha piloted by hot girls would be really something. So, that rape scene got me totally off-guard, I was expecting something more... lighthearted.
Old 2014-10-05, 08:49   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, not exactly a wondrous first episode there. Though will at least see where it might go with a couple more episodes.
Old 2014-10-05, 10:23   Link #53
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Is anybody else having an audio problem with this show? I watched a few minutes of it, and the BGM/sound effects are absolutely blaring while the voices sound faint and far off.

I was thinking it might be something with my video player settings or with my headphones, but then I watched a different anime on the same video player w/ the same headphones and it sounded fine.
Old 2014-10-05, 10:25   Link #54
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

i dont mind watching this series for the fan service, screw the story.
Old 2014-10-05, 10:29   Link #55
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
i dont mind watching this series for the fan service, screw the story.
What, you like the fact that Cross Ange is all about exploitation? Suit yourself!

For me, this mecha show is about the tragedy of Ange. But seriously, would it be worse if Ange lost her purity during that interrogation scene?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 10:49   Link #56
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Is anybody else having an audio problem with this show?
Yep, the audio from Crunchyroll has some issues.
Old 2014-10-05, 10:59   Link #57
Irenesharda

Now, I'm a supporter of Sunrise, I've liked most of their stuff over the years despite how over the top it sometimes ends up being. It's usually a fun ride, even if it sometimes might end up in a train wreck.

However, I'm really not sure about Cross Ange. It started off really good, I liked this world and I connected to Ange. I know she was in for a downfall, but did it really have to be this extreme? That whole end scene was completely pointless and unneeded. I liked the idea of a female MC, but it seems that they couldn't help but just toss in pointless, gratuitous fanservice for the heck of it. I'm not really into seeing a woman get degraded for episodes, so I hope her time at this prison is short. It was really the fault of her parents for raising her this way and then somehow hoping it wouldn't all come out in the end. Her brother is a piece of crap, but he was just using the tools he was given to work with.

The mechs are nice and the battles are cool. I'm just hoping this series does better. I know Ange had to be brought low to become a good warrior, but I don't need to see her being destroyed anymore. I really think this was enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
The Freedom Gundam in this anime even has a destiny finger and it used in a exact some pose like Destiny Gundam. They can't reused old footage so they just blatantly copied it now? 0_O
I know, right! I was like, "Come on, Sunrise! I know SEED was one of your most profitable franchises and one that many people know, but come on, this is twice in a row that you've just blatantly reused old footage and re-edited it. First Buddy Complex, and now this!"

I mean, did you really think we wouldn't recognize that redressed mech to really just be the Freedom Gundam? I mean, they practically look the same!

And on top of that, you decided to just toss Kira Yamato 2.0 in here like we wouldn't notice? You just gave him a different outfit and slightly different haircut. Come on!

You even gave him back his famous OP shot and just replaced Lacus with Ange.

And you know what, because you guys are not even trying any more, I don't care what Ange's mech is called, It will henceforth be known to me as "Freedom 2.0" and I don't care what name you decided to give him, but that boy will be "Kira 2.0". He came back to try to reclaim his crown as the JC of anime.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2014-10-05 at 13:45.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 11:00   Link #58
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I definitely could have done without the rape scene.

The setting... I don't know. Maybe hot girls piloting planes with bike-like controls that transform into giant robots and shooting guns to fight dragons was a bit too many elements. At least they're not in swimsuits or practicing martial arts with drills.

As for the story thus far... it's kinda hard to sympathize with the royal family. Any of them, except the little sister, who's still innocent, I suppose. (Speaking of too many elements - why is she stuck in a wheelchair and prone to fainting?)

I almost want to say Julio is "right", except he's clearly an asshole acting for assholish reasons. And of course, he's only right if you accept the monstrous premise that Norma should be persecuted.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 11:08   Link #59
Tenzen12

It also could be done without fanservice, but noone complain about that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Now, I'm a supporter of Sunrise, I've liked most of their stuff over the years despite how over the top it sometimes ends up being. It's usually a fun ride, even if it sometimes might end up in a train wreck.

However, I'm really not sure about Cross Ange. It started off really good, I liked this world and I connected to Ange. I know she was in for a downfall, but did it really have to be this extreme? That whole end scene was completely pointless and unneeded. I liked the idea of a female MC, but it seems that they couldn't help but just toss in pointless, gratuitous fanservice for the heck of it. I'm not really into seeing a woman get degraded for episodes, so I hope her time at this prison is short. It was really the fault of her parents for raising her this way and then somehow hoping it wouldn't all come out in the end. Her brother is a piece of crap, but he was just using the tools he was given to work with.

The mechs are nice and the battles are cool. I'm just hoping this series does better. I know Ange had to be brought low to become a good warrior, but I don't need to see her being destroyed anymore. I really think this was enough.

I know, right! I was like, "Come on, Sunrise! I know SEED was one of your most profitable franchises and one that many people know, but come on, this is twice in a row that you've just blatantly reused old footage and re-edited it. First Buddy Complex, and now this!"

I mean, did you really think we wouldn't recognize that redressed mech to really just be the Freedom Gundam? I mean, they practically look the same!

And on top of that, you decided to just toss Kira Yamato 2.0 in here like we wouldn't notice? You just gave him a different outfit and slightly different haircut. Come on!

You even gave him back his famous OP shot and just replaced Lacus with Ange.

And you know what, because you guys are not even trying any more, I don't care what Ange's mech is called, It will henceforth be know to me as "Freedom 2.0" and the I don't care what name you decided to give him, but that boy with be "Kira 2.0". He came back to try to reclaim his crown as the JC of anime.
As supporter of Sunrise do you realy thing it's appropriate complain about lack of originality?! As far as I can see this is least gundam-like show in decade. There is no Gundamjack, no Falling into cockpit, no whitebase, no... gundam, Ange isn't angsty pacifist... Well these few homages is only thing that imply it's done by Sunrise

Yeah it could be done without rape, but they did it with.. I don't see reason why not give author bit of liberty in what they write. It's not like such thing doesn't happen in RL (Abu Ghraib for example) anyway.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2014-10-05 at 11:21.
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 11:10   Link #60
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I definitely could have done without the rape scene.

The setting... I don't know. Maybe hot girls piloting planes with bike-like controls that transform into giant robots and shooting guns to fight dragons was a bit too many elements. At least they're not in swimsuits or practicing martial arts with drills.

As for the story thus far... it's kinda hard to sympathize with the royal family. Any of them, except the little sister, who's still innocent, I suppose. (Speaking of too many elements - why is she stuck in a wheelchair and prone to fainting?)

I almost want to say Julio is "right", except he's clearly an asshole acting for assholish reasons. And of course, he's only right if you accept the monstrous premise that Norma should be persecuted.
You know as the royal family, you might not be able to change people's perceptions right away, but you have to power to begin to steer your country into accepting Norma?

But no, instead you just hide your heads in the sand and hope the problem will go away? And not only that, but continue to have it taught, and to your own daughter, that Normas are some sort of monstrous mutants? Yeah, you guys really set yourselves up for this.

I feel sorry for the little princess. She's lost both her parents and older sister and is now just stuck with her evil older brother who seems to be a teensy-bit too close to her.

Ya know, as the Norma that are protecting this world, I would actually just drop my arms and just let the dragons and monsters have at it. I mean, if they want to treat me like I'm nothing, than I'll be nothing. Protect your own darn selves from the dragons! I'm just gonna chill out on the sidelines and watch the chaos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It also could be done without fanservice, but noone complain about that...

As supporter of Sunrise do you realy thing it's appropriate complain about lack of originality?

As far as I can see this is least gundam-like show in decade, so I don't realy care for one or two homages.
I complained about the fanservice. And I don't mind non-originality in themes or writing since I happen to enjoy most of the story lines. There's really only so many stories you can tell in a genre, before you just begin to reuse stuff. And sometimes spotting the familiar tropes is half the fun. However, I will complain about blatant reusing of animation. Sure the story is nothing like Gundam, but the images are definitely there to get in people who are Gundam fans, and to build off the popularity of SEED. It shows a lack of effort to me that they couldn't even change Kira 2.0's eye color, or have someone redesign Freedom 2.0 to look not so familiar. And this isn't even the first time. They blatantly reused a lot of SEED stuff with Buddy Complex too. This is the second time in a row. It's almost insulting...

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2014-10-05 at 11:54.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanservice, mecha, ps vita, romance