Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-02, 22:34   Link #61
Taylor--
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevaasu
still......wut happens...lets just say... that the anime turns out not as good as we thought?
Then we don't watch it
Taylor-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 23:31   Link #62
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Personally, my Nighterman senses tell me that the D.Gray-Man TV animation will fail to meet the high expectations set upon it. Just my gut instinct though.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 06:21   Link #63
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Ep.1 Raw is out at the usual place. I'll give my thoughts and opinions on Ep.1 in an hour or 2.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2006-10-03, 06:56   Link #64
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Just watched Ep 1 I'm pleased with the animation and style. The VA for Allen is pretty good. I think she does a good job voicing Allen. Music is also pretty good.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 07:25   Link #65
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Yup, Opening and Ending theme was nice.

Ep1 follows the first couple chapters in the manga, the whole Mao x Crea part. Love the VA for the Millenuim Earl, creepy and old. Perfect.

Overall it was a nice show, worth watching.
________
Bho hash oil

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:32.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 07:36   Link #66
Zishi

I just watched the raw, the animation was ok but tv tokyo as usuall likes to censor some things. What stuck most on my mind was the opening which was reaaally good. I just love the opening could listen to it all day long XD

Well for being one of my favourite animes, I guess its a thumbs up!
Zishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 07:40   Link #67
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Just watched it. Not bad, I suppose.

The OP itself was bloody generic, but the song was pretty good. Nothing fancy, but it's loop material for me.

I'll half-take back what I said about not living up to expectations. 1 episode is hardly judging material, but compared to the manga, it seems that they've upped the whole atmosphere eerie-ness, with a better balance of music and low lighting effects to make it more creepy, even though the bambling policemen kinda spoiled the mood. The animation was pretty good overall, but there one or 2 scenes where it was a little bit off and done awkwardly, particular the still frames. Not really problems though.

The ED is not bad...but I'm not sure if it's a fitting song as of yet. Next week, KANDA!!! RINALI!!!

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2006-10-03, 07:51   Link #68
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Ya, next episode is when Allen goes to the Exorcist Boot Camp and meets KANDA!!!!!! >_<

On another note, what has TV Tokyo censored? Cause I didn't notice anything.

PS: Loved the Earl goin: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
________
Ferrari f310

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:33.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 08:33   Link #69
dxgarten

Episode 01 Screencaps and summary

Spoiler:
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 09:40   Link #70
wrex_japan

Ep. 1 screencaps and summary

The animation seemed pretty good and the story moved along with a mixture of mild comedy and action. It was not an overwhelming episode, but pretty good introduction. I'm hoping it'll get better.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 09:40   Link #71
Senien

Send a message via ICQ to Senien Send a message via AIM to Senien Send a message via MSN to Senien Send a message via Yahoo to Senien
I'm loving the anime so far!
Old 2006-10-03, 10:36   Link #72
Glitch87

Same here.... anyways.. review of the first episode.

Animation 3/5 - about what I was expecting. The characters dont move around extremely fluidly but they arent static either.

Drawings 4/5 Not bad. faithful to the manga as much as someone trying to copy hoshino katsuras style can be.

Music 5/5. awesome. The simple twings and twangs( dont know how best to describe it) that make up most classic horror films soundtracks really fit here... gave it a kind of Castlevania feel.

Seiyuus 5/5 Allens actor suits him I think, but the real star of the episode was the earl. Damn he was BAD ASS!

Pacing 4/5 As much as I would like them to have sped through this first little story like they did, they dont have much material to work off from, I would like them to take it easy and just make each and every part of the begginings as cool as possible. That is, if they are really going to keep it 100% faithful to the manga.

overall i give it a 4/5. I was extremely pleased as I was very apprehensious(sp?) about how it was going to come out. So far so good D gray man fans!!!
Glitch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 12:41   Link #73
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I liked it. It's not my genre, and I don't know the manga, but I thought it was excellently done all round. Great look and animation, and excellent voice acting. Kobayashi Sanae (Madlax, Lucy/Nyuu in Elfen Lied, Maya in Glass Mask) as Allen sounded great, and there's no complainng about Yukino Satsuki as the policewoman. Yoshida Reiko didn't just do series comp, she did the script, for this ep at least. Well constructed and good looking, even if it didn't have much real tension.

I appreciated the fairly accurate view of Big Ben and Westminster Bridge. But there was no such thing as a policewoman in London the 19th century (began in 1918). I'm not likely to continue, because of the genre, but it looks good.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-10-03 at 23:38.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 12:46   Link #74
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
Ep.1 Raw is out at the usual place.
Usual for who ?
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 13:02   Link #75
Zishi

Spoiler:
Zishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 13:35   Link #76
garreto

sub?

Does anyone know what group, if there is one yet, that is going to sub d gray man episodes?
garreto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 14:01   Link #77
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
episode one raw has been released *cheers* to tell the truth it's quite good, love the opening and dark theme to everything

Spoiler for next weeks episode:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 20:16   Link #78
Sakuya
*Artist

Episode 1 subbed has just been released by SD. They said it's a "barebones release" where there is no karaoke FX but it is translated and edited. I guess I will take their word on it. Can't wait to get home.

Edit:
Oh yeah, someone asked this but it was never answered. What exactly were censored in this episode?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 21:23   Link #79
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I never read the manga but I am extremely interested in this series. I can't wait to watch it.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 21:43   Link #80
Srin Tuar
無謀

Hrm, I came with low expectations, so I wasnt expecting too much. But there has been a lot of hype, so I was expecting something interesting at least...

The Akuma monster is not scary...nor interesting.
It shoots viruses out of a cannon...? that the exorcist catches with his hand...? The viruses turn you to dust endothermically?
I can relax conservation of energy a bit, especially when something looks cool, but this show is asking alot while looking dorfy.

There was no way with me to sypmathize with the older brother turned Akuma... from the moment he was introduced it was obvious he was the monster.

Just about everything left and right in this show either made no sense or was goofy.

The character designs were awkward. Random facial tatoos may look cool, but they didnt fit the setting at all. The police inspector's actions were... weird. He wrote off the supersuspicious exercist arm as a tattoo.... then sent him home with one of his officers?

I dont know if the manga is any better, but I have to wonder what everyone is smoking. Whatever it is, I must need some too, because I was cringing just to get through episode 1.

Please, if there is any redeeming merit to this series, someone convince me.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk