4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.46%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 22 5.06%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-28, 04:00   Link #961
Fruits Basket Fan

Of course I know she died in her world!

That part was definite, but it also ended with scenes that showed Shirou looking at the sky saying that maybe one day they will meet again so long as he continues to try to reach for "it" so long as he continues to run for it, Saber wanting to be in that dream again, and her knight saying that if one wishes hard enough then it is possible to relive that dream again!

And after Saber dies, her knight asks if she has finally saw that dream again.

Those are the parts when one "hopes" that Saber miracously goes back to Shirou's time one way or another (spirit?) since she has finally achieved her fate in her world.

Of course I am not expecting a sequel

Last edited by Fruits Basket Fan; 2011-10-28 at 04:28.
Fruits Basket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 14:19   Link #962
ProfileOF
Dame Ningen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruits Basket Fan View Post
Of course I know she died in her world!

That part was definite, but it also ended with scenes that showed Shirou looking at the sky saying that maybe one day they will meet again so long as he continues to try to reach for "it" so long as he continues to run for it, Saber wanting to be in that dream again, and her knight saying that if one wishes hard enough then it is possible to relive that dream again!

And after Saber dies, her knight asks if she has finally saw that dream again.

Those are the parts when one "hopes" that Saber miracously goes back to Shirou's time one way or another (spirit?) since she has finally achieved her fate in her world.

Of course I am not expecting a sequel
You know, saber is lead to Avalon after her death and it is said that Shirou eventually get there. Forgot where did I get the information...
ProfileOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 14:48   Link #963
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfileOF View Post
You know, saber is lead to Avalon after her death and it is said that Shirou eventually get there. Forgot where did I get the information...
King Arthur legend + Last Episode?
Old 2011-10-30, 16:26   Link #964
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Realta Nua Last Episode, not the anime's last episode. (just to clarify)
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 00:13   Link #965
Fruits Basket Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfileOF View Post
That was the "Last Episode" sequence from the game, I believe.
Fruits Basket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 01:17   Link #966
Xagzan

Huh, what a coincidence that I see this topic updated the very week I finally watch the series. Well, maybe not total coincidence, with Fate/zero airing now. I don't have to put this stuff in spoiler tags right? I mean it is the last episode thread and it's several years old anyway.

So anyway, I just finished tonight, annnd...kinda wish I had known the ending would mercilessly rip out my heart and stomp on it and shred it to pieces, while taunting me cruelly. All my tears man. Blast, where's the damn sobbing smilie... There is none, so T_T and </3

I did find that Realta Nua ending thing I see mentioned here. It was sweet, though whether it was just cause I haven't played through the VNs or maybe also because of the translation, I couldn't follow about half the things the narration was going on about.

And I know I probably shouldn't get my hopes up either that that ending will be added as an epilogue to Fate/zero or something, given that I'm assuming Shiro doesn't have much to do with the story there. But still, it would be nice to see it fully animated someday.

Aside from all that, I really did enjoy the series a lot more than I thought I would, given that I didn't care too much for it when I saw several episodes some years ago. But there were still a few other things that bothered me, mostly how all the other characters were put on the sidelines as the show went on. Even Rin was largely absent from the final episodes. I know this helped the narrative focus more on Shiro and Saber's growing romance, but things still felt a bit empty and isolated without Rin or Taiga around to provide some levity from all the serious angst.

And other characters too, just up and disappeared leaving more questions than they answered. Hell, I had to go to tvtropes to find out the real identities of almost half the servants
Spoiler for Rider's identity:
So I wish they had made all the identities clear in the anime.

Think that's about it. Now I can start on Fate/zero. Although, if it's as heartwrenching as Fsn, I might have to wait a bit longer before exposing myself to such painful tragedy again Damn, I thought I'd prepared myself for a sad ending, but that stung bad.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 11:33   Link #967
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Huh, what a coincidence that I see this topic updated the very week I finally watch the series. Well, maybe not total coincidence, with Fate/zero airing now. I don't have to put this stuff in spoiler tags right? I mean it is the last episode thread and it's several years old anyway.

So anyway, I just finished tonight, annnd...kinda wish I had known the ending would mercilessly rip out my heart and stomp on it and shred it to pieces, while taunting me cruelly. All my tears man. Blast, where's the damn sobbing smilie... There is none, so T_T and </3

I did find that Realta Nua ending thing I see mentioned here. It was sweet, though whether it was just cause I haven't played through the VNs or maybe also because of the translation, I couldn't follow about half the things the narration was going on about.

And I know I probably shouldn't get my hopes up either that that ending will be added as an epilogue to Fate/zero or something, given that I'm assuming Shiro doesn't have much to do with the story there. But still, it would be nice to see it fully animated someday.

Aside from all that, I really did enjoy the series a lot more than I thought I would, given that I didn't care too much for it when I saw several episodes some years ago. But there were still a few other things that bothered me, mostly how all the other characters were put on the sidelines as the show went on. Even Rin was largely absent from the final episodes. I know this helped the narrative focus more on Shiro and Saber's growing romance, but things still felt a bit empty and isolated without Rin or Taiga around to provide some levity from all the serious angst.

And other characters too, just up and disappeared leaving more questions than they answered. Hell, I had to go to tvtropes to find out the real identities of almost half the servants
Spoiler for Rider's identity:
So I wish they had made all the identities clear in the anime.

Think that's about it. Now I can start on Fate/zero. Although, if it's as heartwrenching as Fsn, I might have to wait a bit longer before exposing myself to such painful tragedy again Damn, I thought I'd prepared myself for a sad ending, but that stung bad.
There is also a movie called Unlimited blade works, it follows the second route of the game.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 20:48   Link #968
Xagzan

Yes, I just finished it. I liked it a lot actually, mostly for the higher quality animation and often beautifully choreographed fights. It was also interesting to see essentially the same story with such drastically different events and even character developments. And I definitely didn't find the ending anywhere near as heartbreaking as ep 24's ending.

Oh and for the love of me I cannot fathom how Gilgamesh gets as much fan love as he seems to, but that's a different topic

Now I can finally start Fate/zero.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 17:22   Link #969
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Yes, I just finished it. I liked it a lot actually, mostly for the higher quality animation and often beautifully choreographed fights. It was also interesting to see essentially the same story with such drastically different events and even character developments. And I definitely didn't find the ending anywhere near as heartbreaking as ep 24's ending.

Oh and for the love of me I cannot fathom how Gilgamesh gets as much fan love as he seems to, but that's a different topic

Now I can finally start Fate/zero.
You should play the visual novel, mainly heavens feel before watching Zero. It is up to you though. And don't worry you'll also like Gil one day.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 18:01   Link #970
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol, and here I thought no one really liked Gil...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 22:18   Link #971
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Lol, and here I thought no one really liked Gil...
Nah.. It's only mongrels who don't like him.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 18:38   Link #972
Saritur

ok i have a problem, i just finished fsn and now i have the dreaded post anime depression. saber grew on me and now i miss seeing her. the sad ending didnt help either. all i want to do is watch it over and over again but thats not gonna help.. i wish i never watched this.
Saritur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 18:40   Link #973
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritur View Post
ok i have a problem, i just finished fsn and now i have the dreaded post anime depression. saber grew on me and now i miss seeing her. the sad ending didnt help either. all i want to do is watch it over and over again but thats not gonna help.. i wish i never watched this.
Search Realta Nua Last Episode, it should make it a bit better
Old 2013-12-09, 18:20   Link #974
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
You should play the visual novel, mainly heavens feel before watching Zero. It is up to you though.
Yeah, definitely, Zero is designed to be watched after playing the VN.

Quote:
And don't worry you'll also like Gil one day.
I doubt it. I certainly don't....