AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2019-08-04, 08:14   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Dayton, Ohio Mass Shooting

Dayton, Ohio, shooting leaves 9 dead, 26 injured; suspect shot to death by cops, police say

Shooting happened in the early morning at club hours outside of a bar. More details forthcoming. Shooter has yet to be identified. Motif is unknown.

9 dead. 26 injured.

Trump hasn't tweeted anything yet.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-04, 15:12   Link #2
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Dayton, Ohio, shooting leaves 9 dead, 26 injured; suspect shot to death by cops, police say

Shooting happened in the early morning at club hours outside of a bar. More details forthcoming. Shooter has yet to be identified. Motif is unknown.

9 dead. 26 injured.

Trump hasn't tweeted anything yet.
I'm sure you're waiting with baited breath, for his every tweet.
Old 2019-08-04, 16:29   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

The shooter apparently had less than a minute before he was confronted and killed by the police. And still he managed to get that many people. His sister is among the 9 people killed. His weapon of choice is a .223-caliber rifle, no detail yet as to what model it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I'm sure you're waiting with baited breath, for his every tweet.
I see you're triggered as always. I'm sure you could've stopped that mass shooter in his track if you were there with your trusty side-arm. Guy had a bullet proof vest, however, so only head-shots. As for his tweet:
God bless the people of El Paso, Texas. God bless the people of Dayton, Ohio.

Today, I authorized the lowering of the flags to half-staff at all Federal Government buildings in honor of the victims of the tragedies in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio....
Old 2019-08-04, 17:15   Link #4
justinstrife

Quote:
The shooter apparently had less than a minute before he was confronted and killed by the police. And still he managed to get that many people. His sister is among the 9 people killed. His weapon of choice is a .223-caliber rifle, no detail yet as to what model it was.

I see you're triggered as always. I'm sure you could've stopped that mass shooter in his track if you were there with your trusty side-arm. Guy had a bullet proof vest, however, so only head-shots. As for his tweet:
God bless the people of El Paso, Texas. God bless the people of Dayton, Ohio.

Today, I authorized the lowering of the flags to half-staff at all Federal Government buildings in honor of the victims of the tragedies in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio....
Me? Triggered? Don't hold your breath. We'll never know what I would have been able to do as I wasn't in that situation to act. Or if I had even been close enough to the scene to respond. We'll just never know. What we do know, is that people with guns were able to stop him.
Old 2019-08-04, 17:30   Link #5
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Me? Triggered? Don't hold your breath. We'll never know what I would have been able to do as I wasn't in that situation to act. Or if I had even been close enough to the scene to respond. We'll just never know.
You're triggered.

Quote:
What we do know, is that people with guns were able to stop him.
Wrong!

People with a whole lot of training that had guns.
Old 2019-08-04, 17:46   Link #6
ramlaen

https://heavy.com/news/2019/08/connor-betts/
https://heavy.com/news/2019/08/conno...-social-media/

Shooter's twitter account was found.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-04, 17:53   Link #7
justinstrife

Quote:
You're triggered.

Wrong!

People with a whole lot of training that had guns.
If you think police have had 'alot' of training with guns... I have a bridge to sell you...

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/police...y-kills-woman/

https://wjla.com/news/local/pgpd-off...shooting-party

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/m...ublix-11174382

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
He was a monster. Regardless of what his political leanings were. He even killed his own sister. I'm glad he's dead and rotting in hell. It's only a shame he took innocent people with him instead of just ending his own pathetic life solo.
Old 2019-08-04, 19:19   Link #8
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
What we do know, is that people with guns were able to stop him.
And someone with a gun was responsible for the shooting. It's almost as if the problem is more complex than 'blame the person, not the means'. But as usual your horizon is limited to gun shot problem away.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-04, 20:34   Link #9
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
And someone with a gun was responsible for the shooting. It's almost as if the problem is more complex than 'blame the person, not the means'. But as usual your horizon is limited to gun shot problem away.
So what is your solution?
Old 2019-08-05, 01:38   Link #10
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
So what is your solution?
Do what the UK and the Australians did after a tragic mass shooting. I don't need to tell you the details because I'm sure you're old enough to do your own research.

Personally, I just hope all those allegations of dirty foreign money being funneled into the NRA are strong enough to bring criminal charges that should destroy that organisation for good after years of making money on the backs of the innocent while blood is on their hands. Basically, fuck the NRA.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-05, 01:42   Link #11
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
Do what the UK and the Australians did after a tragic mass shooting. I don't need to tell you the details because I'm sure you're old enough to do your own research.

Personally, I just hope all those allegations of dirty foreign money being funneled into the NRA are strong enough to bring criminal charges that should destroy that organisation for good after years of making money on the backs of the innocent. Basically, fuck the NRA.
Well that's not going to happen. As we have something called the 2nd Amendment. And with over 300 million guns in private hands...

I'm not a big fan of the NRA either. There are other gun rights organizations my money goes to.

Also, I'm old enough to remember when these shootings didn't happen. It's only started up in the last 20 or so years.
Old 2019-08-05, 02:10   Link #12
ramlaen

Quote:
If we are going to bring age into the discussion I assume you are old enough to understand why confiscation is not a realistic solution, and that it didn't stop mass killings in either the UK or Australia.

Quote:
Personally, I just hope all those allegations of dirty foreign money being funneled into the NRA are strong enough to bring criminal charges that should destroy that organisation for good after years of making money on the backs of the innocent. Basically, fuck the NRA.
The NRA is a gun grabber boogeyman and is not as popular with gun owners as you might think.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-05, 02:30   Link #13
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
If we are going to bring age into the discussion I assume you are old enough to understand why confiscation is not a realistic solution, and that it didn't stop mass killings in either the UK or Australia.
How many massacres through firearms have taken place in the UK since Dunblane? How many very violent actions involving firearms have taken place in Australia since Port Arthur? Simple: 1 and 2 respectively.

Compared to the whole mess that the US are in at this time, I think that's a very excellent batting average for the gun laws in the UK and in Australia if you consider that laws are never perfect.
Old 2019-08-05, 03:18   Link #14
justinstrife

Quote:
How many massacres through firearms have taken place in the UK since Dunblane? How many very violent actions involving firearms have taken place in Australia since Port Arthur? Simple: 1 and 2 respectively.

Compared to the whole mess that the US are in at this time, I think that's a very excellent batting average for the gun laws in the UK and in Australia if you consider that laws are never perfect.
Either way, they are not going to happen here.
Old 2019-08-05, 03:35   Link #15
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Either way, they are not going to happen here.
And then what? Are people just going to throw away their lives over guns, should such restrictive laws are passed forward by a the required majority of politicians who are fed up with massacres?

Seriously, SMFH.

Last edited by Toukairin; 2019-08-05 at 03:48.
Old 2019-08-05, 04:26   Link #16
justinstrife

Quote:
And then what? Are people just going to throw away their lives over guns, should such restrictive laws are passed forward by a the required majority of politicians who are fed up with massacres?

Seriously, SMFH.
Tens of millions of people own guns. There are over 300 million guns in private hands. We have a 2nd Amendment that protects our right to gun ownership, from the Federal Government. It's also the only Amendment that says in the text "Shall not be infringed'.

In order to add, or repeal Amendments, they have to be ratified by two-thirds of the House and Senate and sent to the states for a vote. Then, three-fourths of the states must affirm the proposed Amendment.

The only other way, is a Constitutional Convention to be called by two-thirds of the legislatures of the States. That Convention can propose as many amendments as it deems necessary. Those amendments must be approved by three-fourths of the states.

Finally, my multi-part question to you. Who's going to surrender their firearms(not I, nor anyone I know)? And who is going to accept the job of confiscating 300 million firearms from tens of millions of their neighbors, and family, where the loss of life maybe in the many thousands to do so. America, is not Britain, or Australia. We do things a bit differently here, and we're very protective of our Rights. If you come after my firearms, you better come with superior firepower. Because I will not comply. Period. Good luck getting the military to side with you by the way. They vote 2/3 Republican, and many are Gun owners as well who will not comply.
Old 2019-08-05, 07:53   Link #17
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

How about we ban the sale of 100-round magazines for starters?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-05, 09:40   Link #18
DemonOfWrath

"Don't do this, or I'll kill people", and you wonder why we'd rather guns weren't so prevalent?
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-05, 11:13   Link #19
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
We do things a bit differently here, and we're very protective of our Rights. If you come after my firearms, you better come with superior firepower. Because I will not comply. Period. Good luck getting the military to side with you by the way. They vote 2/3 Republican, and many are Gun owners as well who will not comply.
Did you ever thing about al those others Right than had be tampered over the years, how many peoples riot after they passes the Patriot Act? You could say than the right to own firearm is a special case, but even that so-sacred Right have already limitation on it. The issue isn't about having a all-or-nothing scenario as it is a impossible one to get .

The answer to the situation might be to add more regulation to gun-right (both on the hardware and human aspect), it might be to actually apply fully the existing law ( or to get the mean to apply said regulation as the ATF had been cut greatly over the year), it could be other solutions. But should the US keep the statut-quo, keeping at it because it's the way they always went, forgotting than the situation is changing and it wan't never going as great as they think to begin with.
Old 2019-08-05, 11:53   Link #20
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
How about we ban the sale of 100-round magazines for starters?
Additionally how about we properly fund gun violence research and create a national gun data base?
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote