AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2024-03-09, 23:59   Link #1
LightDragonman

Valvrave Second Part Rewrite Fanfic

I know this may be something weird to post here, but having rewatched Valvrave, and being reminded of just how much it literally makes my stomach sick from all the wasted potential and infuriating developments (be them for the characters or the relationships), I decided to try and do my own take on the latter episodes of the show. Specifically, starting from episodes 20 to the end.

I've written an outline almost up to the end, and I'd just like to see what people think of it. I'll leave the link to the Pastebin here.

https://pastebin.com/RZs3BUFt

I doubt most here will actually look at it, but hey, just something I want to share in the hopes I can get feedback on it.
LightDragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-13, 00:16   Link #2
LightDragonman

Might as well just say a few things I hope to tackle once I eventually get around to writing it.

First off, I felt that the massacre of Module 77, while worth keeping in, was way too contrived in the show. Yes, the President of ARUS was aligned with the Council of 101, but the ARUS footsoldiers should've known better one Youhei was shot and not regenerating that something was off. Plus, just having them shoot a bunch of kids with no remorse, regardless of orders, just felt really off.

So instead, I'm going to make it so that the commander of the ARUS forces doesn't carry out the order to kill em all, instead posing the question of why they aren't regenerating to the President, and instead wants to take some of them hostage and to ARUS to test them directly, which the President reluctantly agrees to.

However, the President had secretly been informed that this might happen by the Council, who thus send their own militia, who carry out the massacre anyways, and this time, they even kill the ARUS soldiers who hesitated to kill the students, as their reason is "why are you defending this lifeforms if you yourself aren't one as well." Think of this group of soldiers as sort of being like Shadow Company from MW2, only I plan to make them basically be the group that is fought by Saki still in the 200 year timeskip. Call them, say "Taurus Company."

When it comes to Shouko's betrayal, yeah I'm not gonna have her sell out Haruto and the pilots to ARUS. That was an extremely stupid moment that honestly ruined her character for me, especially since she has more things to worry about than getting upset over a forgotten childhood promise. So instead, she will learn the truth about Haruto after he saves her from getting shot, but she will still feel extremely hurt and betrayed by him, because he kept the truth from her, implying that he didn't trust her enough to tell her his secret.

Then there's the issue of Saki's captivity. Honestly, this was a huge sticking point for me in the series, not just because of the way no one but Haruto seemed to care that she was still behind enemy lines when they returned, but also the wasted opportunity for plotlines and character development. So I plan to expand on this a bit more.

If you look at it from Saki's perspective (especially if you read about what exactly she went through in the manga), she had essentially been forced to relive her worst memories, that being, a plaything abused and exploited by adults for their gain, and having to face it all alone with no-one to turn to. The fact that the show didn't seem to realize exactly how this could've affected her feels rather tasteless, but at the same time, the fact that she remained true to her friends and didn't sell them out also makes me realize how strong her resolve really is.

Given everything that Haruto shared with her, what with him saying he wouldn't let her be alone anymore and the like, you'd think he'd be much more eager to save her as well, especially given how much he feels like he has to shoulder the burden of the Kamitsuki, and now here's someone he has a close connection to essentially being the one who has to bear the brunt of the punishment that he feels he should have instead. The only thing he tried to do was get L-Elf to come up with some sort of plan, which obviously proved ineffective, and also really said to me that his overreliance on exclusively L-Elf to share his burden with and rely on was a mistake on his part.

So instead, I plan to make it so that Haruto, after the evacuation of the Module, is initially torn between wanting to follow the rest of the group to the rendezvous point so he can settle things with Shouko and ask L-Elf for help, while at the same time, also wanting to go and save Saki from enduring any more torture at the hands of the enemy. In the end, realizing that he can't wait or rely on L-Elf any longer, he chooses the latter.

A problem I had with the show was that Haruto never really developed into a strong leader character, despite him being the lead pilot and and the main protagonist. Even towards the end, when he decided to do what he wanted to do, it still felt like too little too late, and he was still relying on L-Elf to come up with everything, just that now their goals were aligned. Doesn't really make for a very interesting or even likable lead, especially with his self-loathing martyr complex.

So by making him decide to go off and rescue Saki on his own accord, this is sort of my way of trying to give him more independence, as well as making him less overly-reliant on others' plans.

These are just a few things I want to tackle. I'll probably mention more later.
Old 2024-03-13, 00:50   Link #3
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
Might as well just say a few things I hope to tackle once I eventually get around to writing it.

First off, I felt that the massacre of Module 77, while worth keeping in, was way too contrived in the show. Yes, the President of ARUS was aligned with the Council of 101, but the ARUS footsoldiers should've known better one Youhei was shot and not regenerating that something was off. Plus, just having them shoot a bunch of kids with no remorse, regardless of orders, just felt really off.

So instead, I'm going to make it so that the commander of the ARUS forces doesn't carry out the order to kill em all, instead posing the question of why they aren't regenerating to the President, and instead wants to take some of them hostage and to ARUS to test them directly, which the President reluctantly agrees to.

However, the President had secretly been informed that this might happen by the Council, who thus send their own militia, who carry out the massacre anyways, and this time, they even kill the ARUS soldiers who hesitated to kill the students, as their reason is "why are you defending this lifeforms if you yourself aren't one as well." Think of this group of soldiers as sort of being like Shadow Company from MW2, only I plan to make them basically be the group that is fought by Saki still in the 200 year timeskip. Call them, say "Taurus Company."

When it comes to Shouko's betrayal, yeah I'm not gonna have her sell out Haruto and the pilots to ARUS. That was an extremely stupid moment that honestly ruined her character for me, especially since she has more things to worry about than getting upset over a forgotten childhood promise. So instead, she will learn the truth about Haruto after he saves her from getting shot, but she will still feel extremely hurt and betrayed by him, because he kept the truth from her, implying that he didn't trust her enough to tell her his secret.

Then there's the issue of Saki's captivity. Honestly, this was a huge sticking point for me in the series, not just because of the way no one but Haruto seemed to care that she was still behind enemy lines when they returned, but also the wasted opportunity for plotlines and character development. So I plan to expand on this a bit more.

If you look at it from Saki's perspective (especially if you read about what exactly she went through in the manga), she had essentially been forced to relive her worst memories, that being, a plaything abused and exploited by adults for their gain, and having to face it all alone with no-one to turn to. The fact that the show didn't seem to realize exactly how this could've affected her feels rather tasteless, but at the same time, the fact that she remained true to her friends and didn't sell them out also makes me realize how strong her resolve really is.

Given everything that Haruto shared with her, what with him saying he wouldn't let her be alone anymore and the like, you'd think he'd be much more eager to save her as well, especially given how much he feels like he has to shoulder the burden of the Kamitsuki, and now here's someone he has a close connection to essentially being the one who has to bear the brunt of the punishment that he feels he should have instead. The only thing he tried to do was get L-Elf to come up with some sort of plan, which obviously proved ineffective, and also really said to me that his overreliance on exclusively L-Elf to share his burden with and rely on was a mistake on his part.

So instead, I plan to make it so that Haruto, after the evacuation of the Module, is initially torn between wanting to follow the rest of the group to the rendezvous point so he can settle things with Shouko and ask L-Elf for help, while at the same time, also wanting to go and save Saki from enduring any more torture at the hands of the enemy. In the end, realizing that he can't wait or rely on L-Elf any longer, he chooses the latter.

A problem I had with the show was that Haruto never really developed into a strong leader character, despite him being the lead pilot and and the main protagonist. Even towards the end, when he decided to do what he wanted to do, it still felt like too little too late, and he was still relying on L-Elf to come up with everything, just that now their goals were aligned. Doesn't really make for a very interesting or even likable lead, especially with his self-loathing martyr complex.

So by making him decide to go off and rescue Saki on his own accord, this is sort of my way of trying to give him more independence, as well as making him less overly-reliant on others' plans.

These are just a few things I want to tackle. I'll probably mention more later.
Hi, just want to let you know that as someone who has some fond memories of the show, I also have to agree that Season 2 was a letdown, with my personal grievances being the lack of growth in Haruto's character as well as Shoko's character derailment during the school massacre.

With that being said, it's interesting to see how others would have handled the story of Season 2, even if it's been a decade since the show ended (damn, I felt old...).

I've read about your post and I actually like the idea of the Council 101 having their own personal Black Ops, as this makes them even more threatening than the way they're presented in the show.

I noticed that you're removing the memory loss sub-plot so that Haruto still remembers his promise. If that's the case, how will you handle Marie's character as well as the way she dies, seeing how the memory loss is a major part of her story?
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-13, 01:26   Link #4
LightDragonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Hi, just want to let you know that as someone who has some fond memories of the show, I also have to agree that Season 2 was a letdown, with my personal grievances being the lack of growth in Haruto's character as well as Shoko's character derailment during the school massacre.

With that being said, it's interesting to see how others would have handled the story of Season 2, even if it's been a decade since the show ended (damn, I felt old...).

I've read about your post and I actually like the idea of the Council 101 having their own personal Black Ops, as this makes them even more threatening than the way they're presented in the show.

I noticed that you're removing the memory loss sub-plot so that Haruto still remembers his promise. If that's the case, how will you handle Marie's character as well as the way she dies, seeing how the memory loss is a major part of her story?
I'll make it so that she simply died due to using too many of her runes, and that the researchers intentionally blanked her memory. Honestly, the whole memory loss subplot I felt was just a cheap excuse for the writer to add in melodrama to the whole Shouko betrayal thing, when it really wasn't needed, and just made Shouko come off as far less likable.

Not sure where I should start the fic though, as going back through the infuriating episode that I plan to start it from isn't something I'm too keen on. It honestly makes my stomach queasy when I try to.

So I'm thinking I'm gonna start it perhaps shortly before the televised execution, with a few brief flashbacks to Haruto feeling alone, as here, despite Inuzuka telling him to focus on what he can do right now, and to go on a date with Shouko, he still can't get Saki out of his mind. Again, the fact that only he cared about her being stranded made me really frustrated at the heroes (she's one the pilots, and became one and an idol so she wouldn't feel alone, and you guys just left her alone? Seriously?! ), so at the least, I plan to increase Haruto's worry for her. Especially given the theater chat the two had, where he was able to actually see how lonely she was.

Yeah, the Council having their own mercenary task force I think makes them far more dangerous, plus it would also make it so that they don't get so easily wiped out at the end. Heck, I don't mean to come across as twisted, but one scene I have planned is that, in the aftermath of the massacre, the Taurus Company troops basically burn all of the bodies of the dead students and ARUS soldiers. One of whom happens to be Marie's body, as the heroes weren't able to hold a proper burial for her when they got back with everything that was going on. Both Haruto and Shouko see this as they are escaping, and it only adds to the guilt.

On a related note, I feel old too. Heck, it was me going back to the show after a decade that led me to do this, as I feel that there was so much potential that was sadly wasted. So, here I am, trying my best to fix it. Even if a lot of my personal fixes also involve relationships and the like in the show.

Btw, thanks for replying. Want me to give a few ideas I have for it? Personally, I'm most eager to get into the scenes between Haruto and Saki such as the former's rescue of her, and not just because of shipping, though that is a part of it.

Last edited by LightDragonman; 2024-03-13 at 02:06.
Old 2024-03-13, 02:02   Link #5
kiak666

Quote:
I'll make it so that she simply died due to using too many of her runes, and that the researchers intentionally blanked her memory. Honestly, the whole memory loss subplot I felt was just a cheap excuse for the writer to add in melodrama to the whole Shouko betrayal thing, when it really wasn't needed, and just made Shouko come off as far less likable.

Yeah, the Council having their own mercenary task force I think makes them far more dangerous, plus it would also make it so that they don't get so easily wiped out at the end. Heck, I don't mean to come across as twisted, but one scene I have planned is that, in the aftermath of the massacre, the Taurus Company troops basically burn all of the bodies of the dead students and ARUS soldiers. One of whom happens to be Marie's body, as the heroes weren't able to hold a proper burial for her when they got back with everything that was going on. Both Haruto and Shouko see this as they are escaping, and it only adds to the guilt.

On a related note, I feel old too. Heck, it was me going back to the show after a decade that led me to do this, as I feel that there was so much potential that was sadly wasted. So, here I am, trying my best to fix it. Even if a lot of my personal fixes also involve relationships and the like in the show.

Btw, thanks for replying. Want me to give a few ideas I have for it? Personally, I'm most eager to get into the scenes between Haruto and Saki such as the former's rescue of her, and not just because of shipping, though that is a part of it.
No problem. Anyway since in your version of the story, draining someone's Rune doesn't erase their memories, I guess I'll change Marie's backstory from an amnesiac into a failed Kamitsuki prototype with a cynical outlook on life until she befriended Shoko. So instead of searching for her lost memories, the main reason she goes to Earth is to look after Haruto as well as Akira as a favor for Shoko, we can even have some bonding scenes with the three through their mutual friendships with Shoko, thus making the two pilots more emotionally affected by Marie's death.

As for Haruto and Saki scenes, how did Haruto managed to locate Saki's whereabouts in your story?
Old 2024-03-13, 02:14   Link #6
LightDragonman

Quote:
No problem. Anyway since in your version of the story, draining someone's Rune doesn't erase their memories, I guess I'll change Marie's backstory from an amnesiac into a failed Kamitsuki prototype with a cynical outlook on life until she befriended Shoko. So instead of searching for her lost memories, the main reason she goes to Earth is to look after Haruto as well as Akira as a favor for Shoko, we can even have some bonding scenes with the three through their mutual friendships with Shoko, thus making the two pilots more emotionally affected by Marie's death.

As for Haruto and Saki scenes, how did Haruto managed to locate Saki's whereabouts in your story?
That works really well for Marie. Again, it would also make it far more tragic to see her body simply get thrown onto the pile of corpses before being burned by Taurus Company.

As for how Haruto finds Saki, well after he hides Valvrave 01 in a secure location on the moon, he secretly hitches a ride on a Dorssian Waffe that is returning to the command ship after scouring the area for any survivors.

Needless to say, the size of the ship takes him aback, but with careful timing, he sneaks in after the Waffe docks in the hanger, and goes to work looking for Saki. Perhaps I'll have him knock out a patrolling Dorssian soldier with his helmet, and then hijack his body in order to gain the memories he has of the layout of the ship.

That said, I actually plan to have him stay in his body as he looks for Saki, as he remembers what happened to her on Earth when she had to hijack someone else's body, and doesn't want that to happen to him. So he instead strips the guard of his uniform and wears it as a disguise.

While he's searching, he also finds proof that the Phantom ships were being built by Dorssia and the Council, with the reporter Barlet being paid to set up New-Jior as the culprits. So that's some data he decides to take with him. It's also when he sees just what sort of torture Saki has been subjected to, and if he doesn't hurry, will soon be forced to endure.

A key difference here with Haruto is, unlike L-Elf, he doesn't really have a plan. Compared to the latter, who has all these elaborate ploys that he writes up (which very tellingly, always end in failure when trying to rescue Liselotte), he's essentially flying by the seat of his pants. Yet this is why he ends up succeeding. Because unlike L-Elf, he's able to more easily adapt to any potential spanners being thrown in.

Thoughts? Want me to go on?
Old 2024-03-13, 02:24   Link #7
kiak666

Quote:
That works really well for Marie. Again, it would also make it far more tragic to see her body simply get thrown onto the pile of corpses before being burned by Taurus Company.

As for how Haruto finds Saki, well after he hides Valvrave 01 in a secure location on the moon, he secretly hitches a ride on a Dorssian Waffe that is returning to the command ship after scouring the area for any survivors.

Needless to say, the size of the ship takes him aback, but with careful timing, he sneaks in after the Waffe docks in the hanger, and goes to work looking for Saki. Perhaps I'll have him knock out a patrolling Dorssian soldier with his helmet, and then hijack his body in order to gain the memories he has of the layout of the ship.

That said, I actually plan to have him stay in his body as he looks for Saki, as he remembers what happened to her on Earth when she had to hijack someone else's body, and doesn't want that to happen to him. So he instead strips the guard of his uniform and wears it as a disguise.

While he's searching, he also finds proof that the Phantom ships were being built by Dorssia and the Council, with the reporter Barlet being paid to set up New-Jior as the culprits. So that's some data he decides to take with him. It's also when he sees just what sort of torture Saki has been subjected to, and if he doesn't hurry, will soon be forced to endure.

A key difference here with Haruto is, unlike L-Elf, he doesn't really have a plan. Compared to the latter, who has all these elaborate ploys that he writes up (which very tellingly, always end in failure when trying to rescue Liselotte), he's essentially flying by the seat of his pants. Yet this is why he ends up succeeding. Because unlike L-Elf, he's able to more easily adapt to any potential spanners being thrown in.

Thoughts? Want me to go on?
Oh, I'm aware that Haruto manages to sneak into a Dorssian ship in your story. What I'm trying to ask is how Haruto manages to find out which ship Saki is held captive in?
Old 2024-03-13, 02:46   Link #8
LightDragonman

Quote:
Oh, I'm aware that Haruto manages to sneak into a Dorssian ship in your story. What I'm trying to ask is how Haruto manages to find out which ship Saki is held captive in?
Given that the transmission was coming from the head ship (I may have him contact Akira to confirm his suspicion, which she affirms) he figures that, since that's where most of the ships launch from, if he can stealthily hitch a ride on one of the enemy ships, it'll lead him to said command ship.

Again, he's mainly flying by the seat of his pants, as he notes that he's not L-Elf. But since he's currently emotionally compromised, he's gonna have to rely on his gut.

Eventually, he does get to where Saki is being held, and is horrified to see her in the body bag. Wasting no time at all he frees her from it, and once she comes to her senses, embraces her tearfully, apologizing over and over again for what she endured. Yet Saki gives him nothing but gracefulness, telling him that he doesn't have to apologize for anything.

Shall I go on? I plan to have Haruto and Saki be the relationship that happens, as I honestly feel that it was the one that provided both characters the most in terms of character growth and maturity through it.
Old 2024-03-13, 03:10   Link #9
kiak666

Quote:
Given that the transmission was coming from the head ship (I may have him contact Akira to confirm his suspicion, which she affirms) he figures that, since that's where most of the ships launch from, if he can stealthily hitch a ride on one of the enemy ships, it'll lead him to said command ship.
I think maybe we can have Akira volunteering to help Haruto locate the location of the transmission using her hacking skills, telling him it's the least she could do for Saki, who had her back during the infiltration on Earth. Would make a nice little character moment for the hacker girl.

Quote:
Shall I go on? I plan to have Haruto and Saki be the relationship that happens, as I honestly feel that it was the one that provided both characters the most in terms of character growth and maturity through it.
Oh go ahead. Would like to know how your story ends.
Old 2024-03-13, 04:18   Link #10
LightDragonman

Quote:
I think maybe we can have Akira volunteering to help Haruto locate the location of the transmission using her hacking skills, telling him it's the least she could do for Saki, who had her back during the infiltration on Earth. Would make a nice little character moment for the hacker girl.

Oh go ahead. Would like to know how your story ends.
I guess I can at least say how I plan to have Saki and Haruto get together (long post incoming, as my shipping goggles are now on XD)

One thing I read on a tumblr blog (not really gonna bother posting it, it angers me too much), is that Saki made the wrong choice when she offered to share Haruto’s burden, because that just reminded him of his worst moment, hence why he decided to only feed on L-Elf, as he promised that he’d put him down before something like that happens again, with Saki now just a reminder of his worst moment, and that she betrayed his trust by not stopping his urges.

Honestly, I really hope that wasn’t actually the mindset behind that scene, because that just makes Haruto unbelievably unlikeable (he’d rather pick someone who’ll kill him before he turns again rather than with someone who accepts his flaws and can work through them). So at the very least, I am gonna try to address this.

To make a long story short, Saki and Haruto (with the help of A-Drei, who decides to join them as a way to atone for everything he caused) return to where he has hidden Valvrave 01. Before departing though, she asks him a question. See, I forgot to mention that A-Drei confronted them after Haruto released her, and in turn, he offered to take her place as a lab rat prisoner, so long as she is freed.

Saki asks him why he’d do that, and he replies that he feels that he’s gotta take on this whole burden himself, as he feels he needs to be punished for everything, especially what he put her through (remembering the incident), and also brings up why he decided to only feed on L-Elf, as he’d put him down before he goes out of control again, even saying that he felt she betrayed his trust when she offered to ease his burden.

In turn, Saki pretty much chews him out on this, asking why it was so awful for her to share his pain, mentioning that she and others are able to handle it, and to not underestimate them, alongside asking why he feels he needs to be punished now, as opposed to being given support. In addition, she tearfully mentions how sad people would be for him to choose death and self-flagellation, and ends by sobbing that he shouldn’t think so lowly of himself. While she tries to mask her grief immediately after, it does finally make him wonder about his martyr complex.

As for the scene where the two finally get together, that’s one I really want to make as good as possible. It’s basically before the final battle, and is an altered take on the scene between the two in the penultimate episode.

To make a long story short (or not), Haruto managed to patch things up with Shouko, but the two realized that, what with them not trusting each other enough to share the truth at the start, and their newfound responsibilities as head pilot and PM respectively, they have to move on from their childhood crush, so they amicably decide to stay as friends. However, Saki only overheard part of their conversation, and so thinks that they are going to be together now, so with a sad smile, she tries to silently support them.

However, A-Drei notices Saki’s crestfallen expression, and unlike her, did hear the truth between the two, so he goes to Haruto, and tells him to go talk to Saki, even giving him the pink-gold pocket, saying he’s gonna need it. He is subtly trying to get the two together, as a way to atone for what he put Saki through (side note; I can’t stand the pairing of A-Drei and Saki, regardless of how much fan art the Japanese fanbase gives it).

So he goes to meet Saki. She tries to be all smiles, asking how things are going with Shouko. He says he’s worked things out with her, and she again thinks that he’s chosen her. She even asks him to give the same proposal to her, only to say she’s just joking, and makes to leave the room. However, Haruto grabs her wrist, as he can see that she’s not being honest. Despite her trying again to say that she’s fine, he’s insistent that she tell him the truth. No more secrets after all.

With a heavy heart, Saki admits that she isn’t fine. She tells him about just how horrific her childhood was, and that going through all she went through when in captivity just made her feel like that same helpless and lonesome little girl she tried her hardest to move past, especially given that her idol status was destroyed by her public execution, and that the torture was no unlike what her abusive parents put her through. The fact that she was suffering all alone again was the worst part.

The grief on her face as she says this breaks Haruto’s heart, and he makes to leave, thinking that she hates him. However, to his shock, she then makes another admission. Throughout that whole ordeal, even though A-Drei said that he’d free her if she told him the truth about who shot his eye, she stayed silent, and never once gave him any sort of answer, even though it meant she’d have to endure more suffering.

Haruto is baffled as to why she’d do this, and she says it’s because the only thing worse than all of that would be for her to betray him. She tells him that he is the light that kept her going through all those dark moments, and why she never lost hope, despite being in the depths of despair, as his unconditional kindness is what gave her the strength to go on.

It’s also why she got so upset with him earlier, as it pains her to see him think he has to bear the burden all by himself, and the notion that he’d choose dying over working through his issues breaks her heart. She wants to be the one to share his loneliness, be halfsies you could say about it.

It’s all this that finally makes Haruto realize that there is someone who he can rely on and trust, as well as actually be able to share his burden without complications; Rukino Saki. He even remembers all the times she was there for him.

This is basically what makes him propose to her again (with the locket), and not out of guilt or obligation, but because he genuinely wants to be with her. He tells her about what he discussed with Shouko, and that he too wants to be with Saki, remembering what she said in the theater.

With tears of joy, she accepts.

Still working on the ending, but I at the very least wanted to share this part, as it’s what precedes the final major action part of the story.

Thoughts? Too sappy? I admit me listening to this to get me in the mood for the latter scene may have had something to do with it.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

XD

Last edited by LightDragonman; 2024-03-13 at 04:28.
Old 2024-03-13, 06:51   Link #11
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Honestly, I would revise Haruto and L-elf's dynamic cos they really felt like forced in the orignal. The latter casually kills everybody around (even tries with their own side) and tries to manipulate the former a lot of times. I could never buy the idea the two would be friends as one of the other pilots (can't remember the name....) was more talkative and friendly with Haruto. It's like if Sunrise recycled the worst parts of Lelouch and Suzaku rather than balance them.

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2024-03-13 at 07:04.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-13, 15:20   Link #12
LightDragonman

Yeah, I have to agree that, while I liked seeing L-Elf grow and change through their dynamic, it didn’t really serve Haruto all that well, especially since his over reliance on the former for both plans and to feed both prevented him from really maturing into a strong leader in his own right, and also bit him in the butt totally when L-Elf became emotionally compromised and he couldn’t go to him.

Hence why I plan to separate the two for a bit as Haruto goes off to save Saki. Also, I actually plan to have Shouko be the one to snap L-Elf out of his funk. The fact that she acts so much like Lieselotte was something the show seemed unaware of, so that’s part of the reason.
Old 2024-03-13, 22:48   Link #13
LightDragonman

Btw, I have a vague idea for how it will end. Just so you know, I don't plan to kill off any of the main five pilots here. Honestly, the way Inuzuka and Raizo were taken out I felt was a wasted opportunity for all five to actually fight together more often.

Basically, this time, the reveal the truth in a way akin to The Running Man, with Akira uploading all the footage that Haruto stole from the command ship about the truth about the Phantoms, Saki's torture, alongside footage of H-Neun's discovery, and Lieselotte's final wish, directly to all the screens while the Magius are about to execute the royalists on Module 77 (changing a few details from the show here).

The final fight first involves Inuzuka and Raizo teaming up to take down Q-Vier (the former especially, as he realizes that the latter is the one who killed Aina), while at first the three defecting Karlstein agents engage in a three-on-one fist fight with Cain. Q-Vier is defeated, but just as Cain seems beaten, that's when the Dainslev shows up, which he uses to bring the fight to the other pilots. This results in Haruto, Saki, and Akira all, under the suggestion of the three defectors, to bodyjack them to use their knowledge of Cain's fighting style combined with their piloting skills to take down Cain once and for all. So the final fight is essentially the five pilots and three Karlstein defectors fighting against Cain and his super-Valvrave for the sake of the future.

In the end, the heroes win, and Cain ultimately accepts his defeat, entrusting the future of the Magius race to them, before using the last of his strength to let Prue reunite with Pino. With that, Shouko makes the announcement of New-Jior being the new haven for all humans and Magius, with the surviving members of the Council of 101 saying that it isn't over.

Still working out what the final chapter will be, but it will be rather cheesy, I won't deny that. But given everything that happens to the characters in the show proper, I just think giving them a happy ending that actually implies coexistance between humanity and Magius, rather than the wishy-washy attempt at a bittersweet ending that ironically negated many of what the heroes were trying to do, is much more satisfying.

Thoughts?
Old 2024-03-15, 02:28   Link #14
LightDragonman

Maybe I'll try writing an excerpt here, just to dip my feet in the water, at least for the beginning.

Test Chapter One

"They've returned!"

"Congratulations!"

"I'm so glad to see you back!"

The excitement in the air was palpable as the students welcomed the Haruto and the others back. With everything that had been happening as of recent events, especially following the dramatic escape from Dorssian territory, the sight of the fellow classmates of the christened New-Jior was like a sight from the heavens above for the weary pilots.

As the students flew towards each other, Haruto quickly found himself in the comforting embrace of the Prime Minister and his childhood friend, Shouko Sashinami, still clad in her maroon politician's suit, but her smile still as infectious as always.

"I'm so glad you're back Haruto!" she said, her smile as wide as she could make it. "I have so many things to tell you!"

"It's good to see you again Shouko!" he replied, placing his hands on her shoulders. "Things have been wild recently, so I'm glad you're still in one piece."

Looking through the camera feed of Valvrave Unit 06 at the couple, Akira Renbokuji reddened with jealousy. Knowing just how much she valued the friendship of Shouko, the first person to ever reach out to her, seeing her act all buddy-buddy with Haruto turned her eyes slightly green with envy.

As Rion and Professor Kibukawa also embraced each other after having been separated for so long, one could be forgiven for thinking that these students had simply been on a field trip, rather than an excursion into enemy territory. After all, they were all still merely students, albeit ones in the possession of some of the most dangerous weapons. For now though, all those concerns faded away.

As Shouko took Haruto's hand however, a sudden question was brought up by one of the students, snapping the latter back into the harsh reality that the other pilots seemed to be ignoring.

"Wait!" the student, Youhei exclaimed. ".......Where's Rukino-san?"

Haruto's face fell at the mention of her name.

____

"Congratulations A-Drei" Cain remarked to his student from behind his desk. "You have performed admirably out there, and your capture of pilot Rukino Saki and Valvrave Unit 04 will prove a huge step in our fight against New-Jior."

"Thank you sir" A-Drei replied with a salute. "But with all due respect, may I request a dialogue with her soon. Given how she never once tried to attack me when she was in control K-Zwolf's body, I believe she may be more co-operative than we initially thought."

"That will come in time" Cain said "I and Amadeus have something special planned in mind for her. Surprised Kriemheld didn’t tell you, as I’ve notified her already. Besides, it's not like you can actually talk with her right now is it?"

A-Drei gritted his teeth. The last time he saw Rukino Saki, she was in solitary confinement, trapped in a suffocating body-bag and hooked up to a device that pumped both oxygen and sedatives into her mouth. Such treatment of prisoners was not what the Dorssian Code Of Conduct approved of. Still, he couldn't really speak against said treatment of her, lest he lose the opportunity to ask her his questions.

"...Yes sir" he replied reluctantly.

"Very good. Now return to your colleagues. I have a royalist uprising that needs my utmost attention."

”That’s right”, the Karlstein agent thought, the pink-gold locket given to him by the princess still in his pocket. “With her death, the Royalists are in an uproar. But until I get some answers from that pilot, I won’t join them.”

"Blitzendegen" A-Drei saluted, doing his best to remain stoic in the light of that revelation.

At that, A-Drei left to return to his post, passing by the guards without a moments notice, one of whom turned to look at him.

"A-Drei" thought the guard as he watched him enter the elevator, "Aren't you a former prince? Why aren't you helping us?"

Shall I continue? I know there's not much here so far, but again, this is just my first excerpt.

Last edited by LightDragonman; 2024-04-15 at 03:05.
Old 2024-03-16, 01:07   Link #15
LightDragonman

Let me see if I can add a bit more.
_____

"Man, it is quite something getting to see yourself on television" Raizo boasted.

"We apparently have the highest ratings of all the news programs" Inuzuka added. "The Beast Up folk have seen their sales doubled ever since our return."

Indeed, it had been quite a whirlwind for the returning pilots. With the news that Shouko had arranged for a summit between her and President Jeffrey Anderson of ARUS, the Module was buzzing with activity. It seemed like not a single hour had gone by without a microphone in the face of one of the students, a sponsorship offer being made to one of the heads (something which pleased Inuzuka very much) or even a simple photoshoot being conducted (often centering around Takahi and her cohorts). It was almost as though a new holiday was being celebrated; one that many hoped would be the cementing of a new alliance between ARUS and New-Jior.

"This is incredible!" Inuzuka raved! "We've even gotten insurance companies that want to-"

"Who cares about television?!" Haruto interrupted tersely, having not budged from his morose sitting position.

The unofficial leader of the Valvrave pilots, despite also sharing in a bit of the excitement (getting to reunite with Shouko certainly helped) held a seemingly out-of-place melancholy expression. To him, it seemed like everyone else was crazy for not taking things as seriously as he was, with the events of the previous excursion still weighing heavily on his mind.

"You saw what was going on in that Phantom ship! They were draining runes from peoples' brains! Something has to be done about this!"

He simply couldn't get that horrifying image to recede into the back of his mind, no matter how easily the others managed to. Perhaps because it reminded him far too much of his inhuman nature, one that he still had yet to reveal to Shouko. He had hoped to be able to forget about this, and having L-Elf be there to take on his burden did accomplish that for a bit. Now though...

"Haruto," Inuzuka said, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder, "you know that that Phantom was only one out of who knows how many out there. How do you think you are going to even start looking for them?"

"It's not just that" Haruto replied. "If this is what the Council of 101 is doing to those people, we have to stop this before more people suffer as a result of this!"

"Just like I end up doing to others" he thought bitterly.

"Aniki, take it from Thunder here" Raizo added. "I want to kick the crap out of those Council bastards even more than you do. But I have to agree with Inuzuka here. Without knowing their location, we might as well be punching air."

Still, this did nothing to really help Haruto's mood. Especially as he started to remember the fates of two particular classmates.

"Marie's still dead" Haruto sighed. "And here we all are giving interviews and making sponsership deals rather than properly sending her off."

Shouko for her part had been devastated upon seeing the dead body of Marie shortly after reuniting with Haruto. Yet he, to his shame, couldn't tell her the truth about why exactly she died.

What could he say? 'Your friend died thanks to using too many Runes, and she was also a test-subject for the Valvrave project'? Not only would that reveal the truth about him to her (something he desperately wanted to avoid), but the terminology would most likely fly over the poor girl's head. So all he told her was that she suffered a heart-attack. It hurt for him to add another lie to the many he had told his childhood friend, but it that or risk losing all of her trust.

"Shouko has said that a proper burial will be held for her after the summit" Inuzuka said, his hand still on Haruto's shoulder. "It's not like we've forgotten her. The students have already been giving their respects to her like.....Aina."

He had to choke back a tear. The death of his first crush still weighed heavily on Inuzuka's heart. It's why he still kept on fighting after all.

Haruto paused at the utterance of Aina's name. While her death was a part of it, he was instead reminded of the one she was the only friend of. Someone who had been weighing heavily on his mind ever since Youhei mentioned her.

"Then's there's Rukino-san. She's still down on Earth behind enemy lines."

Indeed, it seemed odd to Haruto that aside from him and Youhei, no one, not even his fellow pilots, seemed all that worried about the former idol. Even L-Elf, before they set off to Dorssiana and undertook their doomed rescue of Lieselotte, simply told him that she'd be able to handle it, as he left behind instructions for her on how to get back.

Yet now, it had been almost a full day since the team had returned, and Saki was still nowhere to be found. It seemed as those the excitement of the summit drowned out any potential concerns the residents may have had regarding her whereabouts. Not even the media seemed to ask any questions about her.

"And I thought she was supposed to be our Minister Of Public Relations" Haruto thought bitterly. He didn;t want to imagine her reaction to finding out no one was paying attention to her at the moment.

"All we can do is trust that she's still on the way" Inuzuka said. "Besides, it's not as though we can do anything for her right now. All we can do is focus on what we can do."

"How can you say something like that?" Haruto asked sharply. "Are you telling me to leave one of my best friends out there all alone while we celebrate festivities?!"

"I've always been alone" Saki said, her eyes empty as she stared at the theater screen. "Family? Friends? No one chose me.

That conversation played again and again in Haruto's mind. He remembered just how lonely she had revealed herself to truly be that day, all while trying her best to play it up as just her reciting lines from one of her movies. Yet both deliveries were so achingly sincere, that he saw right through them like an x-ray. And now here he was, leaving her all alone out there again.

"Look, I don't like leaving her out there any more than you do" Inuzuka replied, raising his hand in defense. "But you don't even have a plan to try to find her now. What good is you going off without any sort of strategy going to do you or her right now?"

"A plan", Haruto thought, closing his eyes. There was only one person he could rely on to create that.

_______

Thoughts?

Last edited by LightDragonman; Yesterday at 00:01.
Old 2024-03-16, 03:08   Link #16
LightDragonman

A bit more (geez, this intro stuff is always the most boring to write. I may just skip to the exciting parts soon, as I'm just writing and posting excerpts for now).
_____

It took a while for Haruto to locate where L-Elf was. It seemed as though he had used the the buzzing excitement of the Module to sneak off into one of the secure cargo holds, and hadn't been seen since. He hadn't even come out to check on the status of the pilots, how Shouko was holding down the fort, or even just to give a small hint as to what the next move was. Quite unusual, especially for the defacto mastermind of the team.

"L-Elf, it's me Haruto" the latter said, having finally tracked down the room where the former had holed up in.

Without waiting for a response, Haruto entered. He would've normally waited for a reply, but given everything that was weighing on his mind, he was rather impatient for any sort of strategy.

"Look, the Council of 101 is still out there, and we need your help to-"

Haruto froze as his eyes adjusted to the sight in front of him. The room was littered with words scratched onto the walls, floor, and even the ceiling. While it was hard to read, they each had been crossed out with a huge X. And laying inert in the center of it all was L-Elf, eyes hidden behind his bangs, seemingly comatose where it not for the occasional groan.

"W-what happened to you?" Haruto asked, eyes widening with every word.

"I couldn't save her" L-Elf muttered. "Every plan, and it all ends with her death..........Lieselotte."

Lieselotte. Of course, the one whom he had tried his hardest to save. Haruto remembered the pink-haired girl whom he had shared the cockpit of Valvrave Unit 01.

"But I'm a Magius" she had told him. "I cannot be with humans."

"L-Elf wouldn't want that!" Haruto protested, remembering his relationship with Shouko. "I'm sure he could make you happy!"

Haruto grimaced as he remembered what she had told him, mere minutes before she went off to sacrifice her life so that the rest could escape. Were it not for that Karlstein agent's attack, she could've very well been partaking in the festivities of Module 77. Still, the fact that she did that so as to save L-Elf told him all he needed to know regarding how she ultimately felt for him.

"Lieselotte" Haruto muttered, not sure how exactly to broach the subject to the grief-stricken L-Elf. Could he really tell him that she herself was a Magius? Would that just drive him further into despair? That wasn't what he, Rukino, or any of the New-Jior members currently needed more of.

Haruto also realized that it had been a while since he had fed on any Runes. Remembering what happened to Marie, he couldn't take any more risks in running out. Yet he still only trusted L-Elf to be the one to provide him with them, as only he could handle the pain.

Then again, looking at L-Elf's inert form, Haruto began to question if that was something he should ask him for.

"Go away" L-Elf spat bitterly before Haruto could think any longer. "You can't help me in this situation."

Haruto sighed. Looks like he wasn't going to get either a plan of attack or a replenishment of runes from L-Elf any time soon. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't frustrated with himself for not being able to do anything to help him.

"....Very well" Haruto said, walking out of the room to leave L-Elf wallowing in his misery. "But I'll come back again soon."

"Sorry Rukino-san" Haruto thought sadly. "But I can't come get you just yet."

_____

Again, thoughts?
Old 2024-03-17, 02:37   Link #17
LightDragonman

Guess I'll just continue to write some excerpts from here on out huh? XD

_____

The rest of the day came as a blur for Haruto. Just like the other pilots, he was interviewed nearly every other hour, asking him such questions as to how he feels as a Valvrave pilot, what he hopes to achieve now that New-Jior and ARUS are to join hands again, what his relationship with Shouko is, and of course, if he could be a face of yet another sponsorship. Yet it all sort of blended together in his head, himself unable to remember much, if any of the dialogues he had with a single newsperson.

Didn't help either that many of them took place at the shrine were he had planned to propose to Shouko all those months ago. His mind really was not in the right spot to be giving answers when he was there, as now that place only held the location of the night when he had........assaulted Rukino Saki under the curse. Her broken expression was something he still struggled to get out of his head, alongside her broken look when she was in the theater.

"At least none of the questions involved asking about my relationship with her right not" Haruto thought. The last thing he needed was more guilt added to the pile. He was already barely holding himself together just being in the same spot where the incident happened, making him all the more thankful when he could finally leave the spot.

______

"L-Elf still needs time" Haruto told Inuzuka, the two looking at the night sky.

"I understand" Inuzuka replied. "Don't worry about it. Again, best to do what we can at the moment."

"But there's still so many things that we have to face!" Haruto protested. "The Phantoms are still draining countless people out there! Who knows what the Magius are currently up to know! And then there's Rukino-san...."

Again, the haunted look on Saki's face and her comments still rang loud in Haruto's mind. The events of the day had only made such a memory even stronger, as he felt sick thinking about where she could be while he was here safe and sound.

"You need to take your mind off these things" Inuzuka said. "I can see how much you are struggling with everything. Go on a date with Shouko. That'll clear your head."

"Shouko-san won" Saki said, her eyes empty.

"How can I do something like that when there's still so much we have to solve?!" Haruto replied in a louder tone than he intended. But the notion of having fun while she was still out there didn’t sit well with him.

"That's why you need to take your mind off of things" Inuzuka defended. "Who knows when the next battle will be our last? Best to enjoy the present, as we can't predict what our future is."

“After all, I didn’t tell Aina I loved her when I had the time” he thought.

"Inuzuka..."

"Haruto-kun!" a sweet voice called out. Looking to his left, Haruto was greeted with the sight of Shouko Sashinami excitedly running up to him. "I've been looking everywhere for you!"

"And with that, I'll catch you two later" Inuzuka said with a smile before heading back inside. "Night! I'm about to hit the sack!"

As Inuzuka returned to the school grounds (while also not looking as tired as he claimed), Haruto turned to look at at Shouko, whose eyes seemed to be glimmering in the moonlight.

"Guess what Haruto?" Shouko said full of energy. "They voted to condemn Dorssia for the attack! ARUS and 84 other countries are now on our side to enforce sanctions against Dorssia. There's no other choice but for them to negotiate a surrender! That's why we're on so many news stations!"

"That's..." Haruto was left flabbergasted. His childhood friend managed to swerve nearly a hundred countries to their side?

"It wasn't easy" Shouko admitted. "I got turned down by so many news stations initially. But I kept on going!"

"So you were fighting too." Haruto mused.

"That's right!" Shouko boasted. "After all, remember the promise we made to each other when we were in the cave?"

A young Haruto and Shouko were cuddled up besides each other, seeking sanctuary from a storm.

"Don't worry Shouko" Haruto said, holding her hand in his. "I promise I'll always be here for you."

Haruto indeed remembered that moment. It was something that he and Shouko had kept close to them after all these years.

"And you did come back!" Shouko said with a blush. "That's why I've never stopped believing in you."

Haruto grimaced. "And here I am holding back so many secrets from you" he thought. "Would you still have such faith in me if I told you what I really am right now?"

"Well, I better get ready for the summit" Shouko said, oblivious to Haruto's expression. "It's going to make history! And it's all thanks to you Haruto!"

With that, she left for the auditorium, a skip in her step. Haruto couldn't help but finally crack a smile at seeing the optimism his childhood friend was known for. Yet it was still tempered by the knowledge that he was keeping secrets from her.

"Gosh, I'm such an idiot for keeping this from her" he thought. "I swear Shouko, once this is all done, I will unveil the truth to you."

_____

"The countries have all agreed to place sanctions against Dorssia" Haruto informed L-Elf, a tray of food at the door to the cargo hold the latter was still holed up in.

"....But this success won't change anything immediately" Haruto added, the pressing matters still knocking around his mind. "That's why we gotta work it out one step at a time. Together."

Still no response. Not even a simple sound to indicate that L-Elf was even listening to him. Haruto sadly realized once again that trying to ask him for any kind of help was pointless at the moment.

"......I'll be waiting for you L-Elf" Haruto said reluctantly. "We all still need you."

With that, he left L-Elf to wallow in his misery, heading to the auditorium to witness the summit.

_____

Next up will finally be where more diversions take place (hopefully). Though it's also when I have to write out Saki's execution.

Any thoughts so far?

Last edited by LightDragonman; 2024-04-15 at 03:10.
Old 2024-03-17, 19:47   Link #18
LightDragonman

And here we go. The execution, which hurts as a Saki fan to write.

_____

The summit between New-Jior and ARUS was finally underway in the auditorium. On one side, Shouko, Haruto, Satomi, and multiple other students representing the former, and on the other side, the President of ARUS, Jeffry Anderson, his aides, and multiple other politicians representing the latter. Across the school and the rest of the world, every student and citizen was tuned in via their phones, televisions, or computers (or in the case of Akira Renbokuji, her Valvrave's screen), excited to see what the outcome would be, with it broadcasted across practically every screen in every module/country.

At the very least, Shouko and the rest of the students hoped that this would herald the beginning of a new alliance between two nations, one that would finally bring an end to Dorssia's oppression, and finally allow the residents of New-Jior a fighting chance. And perhaps also, a way for peace to be brought about for her and Haruto.

"Greetings Mr. President" Shouko said, shaking hands with the latter. "It's good to finally get this show running."

"Indeed it is Prime Minister Shouko Sashinami" Jeffry replied. "It is a shame Dorssia couldn't also be here for the negotiations."

With that, the two took their seats across from each other.

"Now" began Shouko. "In regards to the resolution with Dorssia-"

*BRRZK*

Suddenly, the screens overlooking the auditoriam crackled to life. Across the screens of everyone watching, the same thing happened, shifting away from the auditorium to instead a different image. Before too long, the screen cleared up, revealing the face of the head of Dorssia himself, Amadeus, standing in front of the country flag.

"Would you care to hold that decision so I may join in?" the Fuhrer interrupted.

"Hey what's going on?" Satomi remarked. "This wasn't part of the plan!"

"What are you scheming?" thought Haruto, his eyes now glued to the screen, alongside everyone else participating in the viewing of the summit.

"I would like to explain our reasoning behind our invasion and attacks on New-Jior!" Amadeus announced, backing away from the camera. "Despite our military strength, we have been consistently pushed and beaten back by whom are little more than children! How could that be, given the might of the Dorssian army we thought. Well today, we shall unveil the secret behind New-Jior and the residents of Module 77!"

With that, the camera zoomed out and turned to the left, revealing a horrifying sight; Rukino Saki, dressed in prison garbs, eyes closed, and with both her arms chained to two pillars.

"Rukino-san!?"

"She was captured?!"

"What's happening?!"

Immediately, the auditorium and the WIRED network was already buzzing with murmurs and activity. Valvrave pilot Rukino Saki, the up and coming idol of Module 77 and New-Jior, was currently being filmed live by the heads of Dorssia. What was going on?

Haruto for his part was mortified at the sight. "Rukino-san!" he cried out in horror.

"No," he thought. She couldn't have been captured." Again, all the guilt he felt at leaving her all alone immediately rose back up, creating a lump in his throat.

"Indeed, you all know her as Rukino Saki!" Amadeus continued. "She is a student from Module 77 and a Valvrave pilot! I had my suspicions regarding how she and the rest could have fought so valiantly against us, when they are merely ordinary students?"

At that, another Dorssian, one with short blond hair and an eyepatch, wielding a gigantic dagger blade, could be seen standing right behind Saki's inert form. Haruto's eyes widened.

"No, they wouldn't dare."

"Watch closely! This is the horrific truth behind New-Jior and Module 77!"

_______

Darkness. That's all that Saki could ever see or feel ever since that one-eyed Karlstein agent knocked her out via pistol whip after asking her to answer his questions. She couldn't even open her eyes after she logically should've healed from that wound.

"Where am I? What was I supposed to do again?"

Next thing she knew, she was being constricted in some sort of material, unable to move, barely able to breath, her mouth gagged, and a weird smelling substance entering her nostrils. Even trying to open her eyes only resulted in more blackness, almost as though she was buried alive, or inside the stomach of a python. It almost reminded her of that time from her childhood...

"No, get a grip Saki" she tried to reassure herself. "You're nowhere close to your parents right now. Just remember that you are..."

Her thoughts slowly faded away into nothing as whatever was being seeped into her mouth led her off into dreamland. Though the trip was nothing pleasant.

"This is your punishment!" her mother yelled, as she tried to suffocate her daughter under the sheets. "For not giving us the proper compensation from your latest role!"

Next thing Saki knew, the darkness seemed to turn lighter, and she could feel air once again. Yet no matter how hard she tried, her eyes still wouldn't snap open, nor could she move any of her limbs. The only reason she was moving was because she felt he legs being dragged across the floor.

Eventually, her arms did finally manage to move, but again, not of her own accord, and once again, they were soon motionless, only now in a hanging position. As more of her senses slowly began to recover, she could hear the booming voice of a male figure.

"Watch closely! This is the horrific truth behind Module 77 and New-Jior!"

Silence. Then Saki finally managed to open her eyes. The sedation had finally wore off, and she could feel again. The first thing she felt? A piercing sensation in her back, that slowly grew in intensity as the pain increased. Then after a few agonizing seconds of this, her chest split open, revealing a shiny dagger blade, drenched in red liquid, jutting out from her body.

Saki screamed in unimaginable agony, her blood gushing out from the point of impact.

_____

An uproar was heard, both from within the auditorium of Module 77 and the entire school. Indeed, the sight was being broadcast everywhere, and the horrified onlookers were helpless as they watched famed idol Saki Rukino being impaled through the chest.

Shouko screamed at the sight, burying her face in her hands. The ARUS President and the other delegates were left speechless at the gory sight. It was like something out of a horror film, only this was real.

Haruto could only keep his eyes locked on Saki's impaled body, horrified at what had just happened. The knowledge of what was going to happen next only left him even more frightened.

As Saki's body fell forward, the wielder of the blade knelt over her back. Placing his hand at the spot where the sword at made impact, he began wiping away the blood. After just a few seconds, he removed his hand, revealing Saki's back, still stained with blood, but without a single sign of any sort of wound.

Shouko looked up from her hands, and was stunned by the sight. Once again, the school and the WIRED network were filled with murmurs.

"What it this?"

"A special effect?"

"No, it looks real!"

"How can she still be alive?!"

______

As the wound on Saki's back closed up, she once again regained consciousness. Her eyes now very much open, she knew exactly what was now going on. It was as though she was being put up on for a showcase, like so many of her idol gigs. Only this time, for people to be repulsed by her rather than cheer her on.

"Indeed, I hope you can see now." Amadeus declared. "This creature is not human! She is a monster!"

"A monster!"

The descriptive made her flash back to that horrific memory, one of many that involved her mother. Only now, she was labeled that in front of the entire world, and the evidence was all there for everyone to see. Saki felt as though she had been stripped naked in front of a jeering crowd, just like her mother had planned to do to her all those years ago.

She could see the world turning against her. She never hoped to go on live stage in front of millions to reveal such a state of being, yet here she was, with no other choice. Her dreams as idol, now being extinguished as fast as her wound closed. Once again, she was all alone, and at the mercy of adults, and there was nothing she could do about it.

Saki promised that she never publicly show any sign of weakness. Yet as the gravity of the situation came crashing down on her, she couldn't stop a tear from sliding down her cheek.

"Haruto..." she softly cried. "...Please help me!"

_____

"Indeed, I hope you can see now." Amadeus declared. "This creature is not human! She is a monster!"

Monster.

The descriptive echoed in Haruto's head as he watched Saki come back to life on the screen. Knowing that this was being broadcasted all over the world only made him even more horrified. He knew how much she had tried to gain support from the world, and this would most assuredly destroy her.

Despite the ruckus and commotion, he couldn't tear his eyes away from Saki. As the life returned to her eyes, his heart ached as he saw the look in them. It was not unlike when he saw her after the incident and the theater date. Only now, it wasn't emptiness or loneliness that was reflected in them.

This was complete and utter despair.

As he continued to keep his horrified eyes loked on her, he noticed a streak of light running down her face, and just then, he saw her lips move. To everyone else, it was barely audible, but for Haruto, Saki might as well have screamed them.

"Haruto.....Please help me!"

"Rukino-san...."

His eyes watering, Haruto could only wish that it was him up there, not her.

______

Man, this was hard to write. Poor Saki.

Honestly, I feel that the gravity of what Saki had to endure wasn't properly conveyed or even realized by the show, so I really wanted to go more into her feelings throughout this scene, especially knowing how much she tried to fight against the world by being an idol, only for this to pretty much shatter those dreams.

Not to mention that it will also start the turning point for Haruto's character. Given that he hates to see others in pain and feels he must take the burden himself, to see someone else suffer is like, well, a dagger through the back. So I really wanted him to feel even more guilty for this.

Next up, things are going to deviate even more from the show.

Again, do give any thoughts or comments.

Last edited by LightDragonman; 2024-04-15 at 03:11. Reason: A-Drei shooting her in the head does admittedly feel a bit too extreme.
Old 2024-03-17, 22:15   Link #19
kiak666

Quote:
And here we go. The execution, which hurts as a Saki fan to write.

_____

The summit between New-Jior and ARUS was finally underway in the auditorium. On one side, Shouko, Haruto, Satomi, and multiple other students representing the former, and on the other side, the President of ARUS, Jeffry Anderson, his aides, and multiple other politicians representing the latter. Across the school and the rest of the world, every student and citizen was tuned in via their phones, televisions, or computers (or in the case of Akira Renbokuji, her Valvrave's screen), excited to see what the outcome would be, with it broadcasted across practically every screen in every module/country.

At the very least, Shouko and the rest of the students hoped that this would herald the beginning of a new alliance between two nations, one that would finally bring an end to Dorssia's oppression, and finally allow the residents of New-Jior a fighting chance. And perhaps also, a way for peace to be brought about for her and Haruto.

"Greetings Mr. President" Shouko said, shaking hands with the latter. "It's good to finally get this show running."

"Indeed it is Prime Minister Shouko Sashinami" Jeffry replied. "It is a shame Dorssia couldn't also be here for the negotiations."

With that, the two took their seats across from each other.

"Now" began Shouko. "In regards to the resolution with Dorssia-"

*BRRZK*

Suddenly, the screens overlooking the auditoriam crackled to life. Across the screens of everyone watching, the same thing happened, shifting away from the auditorium to instead a different image. Before too long, the screen cleared up, revealing the face of the head of Dorssia himself, Amadeus, standing in front of the country flag.

"Would you care to hold that decision so I may join in?" the Fuhrer interrupted.

"Hey what's going on?" Satomi remarked. "This wasn't part of the plan!"

"What are you scheming?" thought Haruto, his eyes now glued to the screen, alongside everyone else participating in the viewing of the summit.

"I would like to explain our reasoning behind our invasion and attacks on New-Jior!" Amadeus announced, backing away from the camera. "Despite our military strength, we have been consistently pushed and beaten back by whom are little more than children! How could that be, given the might of the Dorssian army we thought. Well today, we shall unveil the secret behind New-Jior and the residents of Module 77!"

With that, the camera zoomed out and turned to the left, revealing a horrifying sight; Rukino Saki, dressed in prison garbs, eyes closed, and with both her arms chained to two pillars.

"Rukino-san!?"

"She was captured?!"

"What's happening?!"

Immediately, the auditorium and the WIRED network was already buzzing with murmurs and activity. Valvrave pilot Rukino Saki, the up and coming idol of Module 77 and New-Jior, was currently being filmed live by the heads of Dorssia. What was going on?

Haruto for his part was mortified at the sight. "Rukino-san!" he cried out in horror.

"No," he thought. She couldn't have been captured." Again, all the guilt he felt at leaving her all alone immediately rose back up, creating a lump in his throat.

"Indeed, you all know her as Rukino Saki!" Amadeus continued. "She is a student from Module 77 and a Valvrave pilot! I had my suspicions regarding how she and the rest could have fought so valiantly against us, when they are merely ordinary students?"

At that, another Dorssian, one with short blond hair and an eyepatch, wielding a gigantic dagger blade, could be seen standing right behind Saki's inert form. Haruto's eyes widened.

"No, they wouldn't dare."

"Watch closely! This is the horrific truth behind New-Jior and Module 77!"

_______

Darkness. That's all that Saki could ever see or feel ever since that one-eyed Karlstein agent shot her in the head after asking her to answer his questions. She couldn't even open her eyes after she logically should've healed from that wound.

"Where am I? What was I supposed to do again?"

Next thing she knew, she was being constricted in some sort of material, barely able to breath, her mouth gagged, and a weird smelling substance entering her nostrils. Even trying to open her eyes only resulted in more blackness, almost as though she was buried alive, or inside the stomach of a python. It almost reminded her of that time from her childhood...

"No, get a grip Saki" she tried to reassure herself. "You're nowhere close to your parents right now. Just remember that you are..."

Her thoughts slowly faded away into nothing as whatever was being seeped into her mouth led her off into dreamland. Though the trip was nothing pleasant.

"This is your punishment!" her mother yelled, as she tried to suffocate her daughter under the sheets. "For not giving us the proper compensation from your latest role!"

Next thing Saki knew, the darkness seemed to turn lighter, and she could feel air once again. Yet no matter how hard she tried, her eyes still wouldn't snap open, nor could she move any of her limbs. The only reason she was moving was because she felt he legs being dragged across the floor.

Eventually, her arms did finally manage to move, but again, not of her own accord, and once again, they were soon motionless, only now in a hanging position. As more of her senses slowly began to recover, she could hear the booming voice of a male figure.

"Watch closely! This is the horrific truth behind Module 77 and New-Jior!"

Silence. Then Saki finally managed to open her eyes. The sedation had finally wore off, and she could feel again. The first thing she felt? A piercing sensation in her back, that slowly grew in intensity as the pain increased. Then after a few agonizing seconds of this, her chest split open, revealing a shiny dagger blade, drenched in red liquid, jutting out from her body.

Saki screamed in unimaginable agony, her blood gushing out from the point of impact.

_____

An uproar was heard, both from within the auditorium of Module 77 and the entire school. Indeed, the sight was being broadcast everywhere, and the horrified onlookers were helpless as they watched famed idol Saki Rukino being impaled through the chest.

Shouko screamed at the sight, burying her face in her hands. The ARUS President and the other delegates were left speechless at the gory sight. It was like something out of a horror film, only this was real.

Haruto could only keep his eyes locked on Saki's impaled body, horrified at what had just happened. The knowledge of what was going to happen next only left him even more frightened.

As Saki's body fell forward, the wielder of the blade knelt over her back. Placing his hand at the spot where the sword at made impact, he began wiping away the blood. After just a few seconds, he removed his hand, revealing Saki's back, still stained with blood, but without a single sign of any sort of wound.

Shouko looked up from her hands, and was stunned by the sight. Once again, the school and the WIRED network were filled with murmurs.

"What it this?"

"A special effect?"

"No, it looks real!"

"How can she still be alive?!"

______

As the wound on Saki's back closed up, she once again regained consciousness. Her eyes now very much open, she knew exactly what was now going on. It was as though she was being put up on for a showcase, like so many of her idol gigs. Only this time, for people to be repulsed by her rather than cheer her on.

"A monster!"

The descriptive made her flash back to that horrific memory, one of many that involved her mother. Only now, she was labeled that in front of the entire world, and the evidence was all there for everyone to see. Saki felt as though she had been stripped naked in front of a jeering crowd, just like her mother had planned to do to her all those years ago.

She could see the world turning against her. She never hoped to go on live stage in front of millions to reveal such a state of being, yet here she was, with no other choice. Her dreams as idol, now being extinguished as fast as her wound closed. Once again, she was all alone, and at the mercy of adults, and there was nothing she could do about it.

Saki promised that she never publicly show any sign of weakness. Yet as the gravity of the situation came crashing down on her, she couldn't stop a tear from sliding down her cheek.

"Haruto..." she softly cried. "...Please help me!"

_____

Monster.

The descriptive echoed in Haruto's head as he watched Saki come back to life on the screen. Knowing that this was being broadcasted all over the world only made him even more horrified. He knew how much she had tried to gain support from the world, and this would most assuredly destroy her.

Despite the ruckus and commotion, he couldn't tear his eyes away from Saki. As the life returned to her eyes, his heart ached as he saw the look in them. It was not unlike when he saw her after the incident and the theater date. Only now, it wasn't emptiness or loneliness that was reflected in them.

This was complete and utter despair.

As he continued to keep his horrified eyes loked on her, he noticed a streak of light running down her face, and just then, he saw her lips move. To everyone else, it was barely audible, but for Haruto, Saki might as well have screamed them.

"Haruto.....Please help me!"

"Rukino-san...."

His eyes watering, Haruto could only wish that it was him up there, not her.

______

Man, this was hard to write. Poor Saki.

Honestly, I feel that the gravity of what Saki had to endure wasn't properly conveyed or even realized by the show, so I really wanted to go more into her feelings throughout this scene, especially knowing how much she tried to fight against the world by being an idol, only for this to pretty much shatter those dreams.

Not to mention that it will also start the turning point for Haruto's character. Given that he hates to see others in pain and feels he must take the burden himself, to see someone else suffer is like, well, a dagger through the back. So I really wanted him to feel even more guilty for this.

Next up, things are going to deviate even more from the show.

Again, do give any thoughts or comments.
Personally, I'm not sure about A-Drei shooting Saki in the head. Seems very out of character for him to shoot someone who is apparently unarmed, even though that person is an enemy.

Otherwise not bad, keep it going.
Old 2024-03-17, 22:35   Link #20
LightDragonman

I may have to edit that. I just assumed that he did given how quickly he was able to overpower Saki, and he was pointing a gun at her, so yeah.

On the note of A-Drei, I honestly think he got off too easy on the series, given that he was really one of the main reasons this massacre happened in the first place. So he will also get put through a bit of an emotional ringer, though I still plan to have him live and redeem himself by the end.