AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2016-01-03, 07:53   Link #6561
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ First, I wanna make one thing clear. After re-watching Wing, it is clear that Treize doesn’t want peace. Peace was never his goal. Sure, he hates meaningless battles and war, but he still likes battles and war in general (especially those that employ actual human-soldiers piloting MSs and other war-machines). That’s why he despises the existence of Mobile Dolls where one party can just push a button to achieve what they want without fighting for it. He wants to keep the “honorable” aspect of war intact. He went to confront Zechs and White Fang in the final episodes of Wing due to obvious reasons (he doesn’t want to lose Earth due to stupid reasons like Zechs suddenly going super-emo, and wanted to get rid of all the MDs and their source). That’s why the thought of him suddenly and intentionally killing himself before achieving his goal nor receiving assurance that things will turn out like he wanted is just absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gw_kimmy View Post
/ceases lurking

my understanding of treize's death, while it did seem sudden, was that wufei was fully intending to die in his final battle with treize. he still didn't feel worthy and intended to die by a worthier opponent's hand. treize pulled a sally 2.0 and felt that protecting wufei's life, a gundam pilot, was more important than his own life. we already know how he feels about gundam pilots so it sorta makes sense for his character even though it's kinda bonkers in terms of battle tactics. but the entire battle was pointless anyways, everyone says so themselves. battle tactics be damned. lady une stops the battle after treize's death because it IS pointless.

whether treize's tactic worked or not is another story for another day. i'd be more prone to believe that treize's sacrifice haunts wufei more than anything. gj treize.

/continues lurking
So, according to your theory, Wu-Fei is the one who was suicidal in that battle? I don’t think it makes sense because when the Gundam pilots were arrested by OZ in the colony and about to be executed on their prison by lowering the oxygen level, Wu Fei was the one who have the highest urge and insistence to keep on living while Duo already gave up and prepared to meet his maker at that point . That was his character development, no more suicidal tendencies, just want to be stronger and keep on living to do what he can to protect the people of Earth & Colonies from people like White Fang & Treize. The former wants to destroy the Earth and all the terrans in it and the latter wants to keep war “fair” and “genuine” by employing humans, not Mobile Dolls. Both sides are messed up in their own ways and not really helping to achieve world-peace, so Wu Fei confronted both of them. But then Treize’s suicide kinda messed up his code of honor and Endless Waltz happens .
Old 2016-01-04, 05:45   Link #6562
gw_kimmy

i don't think wufei is suicidal by the end, but if i remember correctly he is the one who seeks treize out during the battle and once treize dies, wufei, in tears, exclaims that he never thought he would win. so he was intending to lose and die? this doesn't make much sense to me either, but it does seem to be his intention.

i understand where you're coming from since treize, as a leader, should want to see his goal be made into a reality. treize puts a lot of faith into his peers and subordinates, however. in a way he is just as idealistic as relena is. something told him that death was the answer (who knows) and he had faith that lady une and co. would continue to carry out his ideal and protect the earth after his death. rewatching the clip, it seems like treize foresaw that his death would be an honorable sacrifice, perhaps even a catalyst to end the war.
gw_kimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-04, 07:17   Link #6563
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
i don't think wufei is suicidal by the end, but if i remember correctly he is the one who seeks treize out during the battle and once treize dies, wufei, in tears, exclaims that he never thought he would win. so he was intending to lose and die? this doesn't make much sense to me either, but it does seem to be his intention.
I'm aware of all the above facts. So I guess the writing is even worse than I thought, ignoring Wu Fei's previous character development like that .

Quote:
i understand where you're coming from since treize, as a leader, should want to see his goal be made into a reality. treize puts a lot of faith into his peers and subordinates, however. in a way he is just as idealistic as relena is. something told him that death was the answer (who knows) and he had faith that lady une and co. would continue to carry out his ideal and protect the earth after his death. rewatching the clip, it seems like treize foresaw that his death would be an honorable sacrifice, perhaps even a catalyst to end the war.
I guess it’s an honorable sacrifice to his people because they don’t know that he committed silly suicide . They only know the fact that Treize died fighting in battle. I guess Lady and a select few are the only ones who know how Treize died. Also, ironically, his death didn't do much to stop White Fang from destroying earth coz immediately after he died, Lady ordered the remaining Earth forces to cease fire and surrender(?) to White Fang IIRC. After that, it’s the Gundams & their pilots, Noin in her Taurus, Maguanac corps, and even Zechs/Epyon himself (with one of the quickest and most random change of heart ever, after all he did) who actually tried to stop Libra from falling to Earth and actually succeeded.
Old 2016-01-04, 21:07   Link #6564
Gundam19566
ArTink765

Ft epilogue

FT Epilogue

http://m.pantip.com/topic/34615139

Found this online, its a blog in Thai, anyone here can translate this blog ?

Gundam19566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-04, 23:23   Link #6565
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

for those who interested

http://imgur.com/Eda3kuX

Quote:
-The actual reason we didn't get the MS designs was Katoki only wanting to draw the covers
-If if gets animated the designs will be altered for animation

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-05, 01:48   Link #6566
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
That’s a big “If” coz we all know AU series rarely get any second chance after so many years has passed, unless the article was talking about games or shorts.
Old 2016-01-05, 07:59   Link #6567
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That’s a big “If” coz we all know AU series rarely get any second chance after so many years has passed, unless the article was talking about games or shorts.
Agree. They should've done that last year. Or maybe 5 years from now.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-05, 08:01   Link #6568
Athenise

FT Epilogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam19566 View Post
FT Epilogue

http://m.pantip.com/topic/34615139

Found this online, its a blog in Thai, anyone here can translate this blog ?

Hello everyone, my name is Athenise and I am the one who wrote summary of FT epilogue in Thai in the url mentioned above.
*English and Japanese aren't my native language so I'm sorry for my bad Eng&JP grammar. ^_^"

I was surprised when I saw my forum was posted in Animesuki. (I've followed this FT forum for years for spoilers of FT and GoL.)

In short summary, the epilogue is a short story about Heero and Relena and their life on Mars as husband and wife, 5 months after the end of vol.13. It's sweet short story for HeeroxRelena couple.

The first time I read this, I have to read and translate by myself. My Japanese skill isn't good so I'm not sure I got it 100% right.(and I skipped some part of epilogue lol) Btw,I will try translate a summary to English.
Athenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-05, 09:20   Link #6569
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athenise View Post
Hello everyone, my name is Athenise and I am the one who wrote summary of FT epilogue in Thai in the url mentioned above.

*snip*

Btw,I will try translate a summary to English.
Oh that's good. We're glad to have a Thai member. Have fun, and you're welcome to post your translation here.
Old 2016-01-05, 10:24   Link #6570
Athenise

Epilogue summary

*Just copy a summary from my tumblr blog
I posted scans of epilogue in my tumblr, if you're interested and can read Japanese >> http://athenise.tumblr.com

This is a summary I made when I read this for the first time. (I first translated into Thai and then I translated into English) There are some little points or details that I skipped and didn’t mention it in the summary. 
My Japanese skill isn’t good and I’ve never translated anything into English, so if there’s any mistakes in this summary, please tell me and I will fix it.

Epilogue: 静寂の終曲 (Finale of Silence)

- Heero proposed to Relena in spring of MC0023 (the end of novel vol.13) and they lived together on Mars, in the lakeside house with flower garden. In this epilogue, it was summer of the same year. They were married for 5 months.

- They didn’t sign the marriage license because Heero didn’t have ID no. (Lol) but that was fine to them.

- Relena still kept calling Heero “Heero”. He wanted to change his name but he had no idea (He didn’t want to use “Aiden” or “Clark” or “Beta”) so Relena decided to call him the same.

- In epilogue, they were having afternoon tea together after Heero tended their garden (how cute)

- After the tea, Heero showed his birth certificate with his mother’s name “Aoi” on it to Relena. The father’s name on the document was blank. He told her that he could use this to register for ID no. and then they can sign on their marriage license to become (real/legally) husband and wife. Heero also said that when they have their own children, he didn’t want the father name was blank. (Awwwwww) That made Relena blushed and she was very happy.

- Relena and Heero came to see the white rose iceberg that she planted by herself. She told him that the flower language of white rose is purity/innocence and mutual love. And the another name of iceberg is “Snow white” (same as the name of his gundam)

- When he saw the rose garden, Heero was surprised that he felt the tear in his eyes because he thought that his tear was frozen all along.

- Here’s the last scene’s conversation:
Heero : This is wonderful. This rose garden is the most beautiful place on Mars.
Relena : Eh?, then tell me where is the most beautiful place in space?
Heero : ….I can’t.
Relena : Why?
Heero : I’ve never looked all around the space, so I don’t want to lie to you.
(Relena thought that it’s ok if he lie for once)
Relena : Heero, you are so mean….
Heero : Relena who still keep calling me “Heero” is mean.

In the garden with sunset, their silhouettes were together forever.

END

That’s the end of the long journey. After all these 20 years. Congratulations, Heero and Relena (and 1XR shippers) very sweet story. My friend told me that this epilogue is like a romantic gw fanfiction. Lol.

Last edited by Athenise; 2016-01-05 at 10:46.
Athenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-05, 13:58   Link #6571
gw_kimmy

*drowns in sap*

i literally can't with this novel. i'm so glad it's finally over. if i was a 1xr shipper i would be horrified and furious with the writing xD
gw_kimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-06, 08:58   Link #6572
LanceDark

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
for those who interested

-The actual reason we didn't get the MS designs was Katoki only wanting to draw the covers
here I am expecting new MS designs.-_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athenise View Post
*English and Japanese aren't my native language so I'm sorry for my bad Eng&JP grammar. ^_^"
Hi there! Thanks for translating that part, I had some tears in my eyes because of too much laughing xD and felt some chills after that. heck! I can consider that they end up together but not in that kind of way. lol

I've checked your tumbler post, is that artwork book included in both volumes as bonus or just part of the last volume?

Quote:
*drowns in sap*

i literally can't with this novel. i'm so glad it's finally over. if i was a 1xr shipper i would be horrified and furious with the writing xD
You bet!
LanceDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-06, 22:11   Link #6573
The American Average
2LMES

So even if we get an FT anime the designs will all be different? i remember reading somewhere that the writer said "its not a wing sequel" so if FT even got an anime it probably wouldn't even follow the novel anyway....Well long as they keep Vingt i'm good. imo one of the better things to come out of FT.
Old 2016-01-06, 22:18   Link #6574
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

They'd need to axe the whole "everyone is a goddamn clone" crap for an animation.
Old 2016-01-07, 06:29   Link #6575
LanceDark

Sure its not a sequel so why you, Sumizawa, named it as "Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop"?
(I want to kidnap that man and strangled him!)
LanceDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-07, 10:39   Link #6576
Halberd
ARX-6

Judging by Unicorn, which ova was announced right after it was over or while the last volume was being serialized, and Thunderbolt, which is still going on, I think that if they actually intended to animate FT or whatever Wing sequel FT was supposed to bridge to, they would've already have announced it by now.

Even if it was the case of it being still on the early stages of planning/producing, I think they would've at least have mentioned that there actually are plans for animating it, just like The Origin, which took almost 4 years to be released after the animation was first announced, instead of just going with if it gets animated.

Let's be realistic here, FT isn't likely to be animated and, if it does, it won't be in the near future.
Halberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-07, 18:37   Link #6577
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

D'awwww, and then they married and lived happily ever after.

Drowning in sap indeed. All I can do is turn up my nose at that terrible, standard, mushy fanfic ending. Sure, it's FT, but at least it always always so dumb that it was somehow entertaining. This is just bad.

Animated or not, I'll keep pretending this never happened.

On a side note, why is everyone becoming a freaking farmer???
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 08:05   Link #6578
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
D'awwww, and then they married and lived happily ever after.

Drowning in sap indeed. All I can do is turn up my nose at that terrible, standard, mushy fanfic ending. Sure, it's FT, but at least it always always so dumb that it was somehow entertaining. This is just bad.

Animated or not, I'll keep pretending this never happened.

Must be the latest trend
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 08:18   Link #6579
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Must be the latest trend
IIRC the first Gundam series that has "farmer ending" is Victory Gundam. So I guess that's where the trend comes.
Old 2016-01-10, 13:22   Link #6580
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
"If I am self-sufficient and grow my own crops, I will never need money and I will never have to participate in another story like this again." - Zechs

"What's this? The script for Gundam Wing: Frozen Gumdrop? Get off my land. Off my land, I said!" - Zechs

Something like this, I guess.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing