AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-25, 03:35   Link #61
Hiko Seijuro 14th
Watashi wa Saikou

Send a message via MSN to Hiko Seijuro 14th
The extra scenes of Gai owning Sand Nins and Kakashi saying he defeated 22 only to have Gai say I have already defeated 23 was the only good part of this episode.
Hiko Seijuro 14th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 03:52   Link #62
Late
Peelo

Bakasan is out! www.bakasan.net
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 05:29   Link #63
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

now its a race to dl and watch the subber version, i couldnt watch the raw my non-existant understanding of japanese is kinda rusty....im excited for the next month or 2 for naruto episodes, it will make me want to cosplay even more at the convention ^^
<xellos> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 06:18   Link #64
DJ*

hehe, Gai's as cool as ever
Old 2004-03-25, 06:31   Link #65
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiko Seijuro 14th
The extra scenes of Gai owning Sand Nins and Kakashi saying he defeated 22 only to have Gai say I have already defeated 23 was the only good part of this episode.
That was just a pretty bland filler scene IMO.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 07:41   Link #66
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadpole(O.o)masteR
Your not alone.......
I think the Character developement is one of the best parts of the show,
otherwise it'd just be mindless violence (which i don 't really mind, but a solid plot and charater depth is always a serious plus for me) and wouldn't be even half as interesting as it is. I also don't mind flash backs either, they help convey a chracters thoughts and emotions. i wouldn't sympathize as much with a character thats pouring his heart out with tears in his eyes, or be as inspired by a characters unphasable determination when facing adversity without the flash backs....... the show is usually pretty good at balancing between the action and the mushy stuff.
Yep I agree too.... I don't mind flashbacks at all. I don't even mind humorous fillers either...I only mind repetitive & unnecessary scenes like how they've been showing oro v. the hokage.
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 09:28   Link #67
GreyArea
Meatf***er

What a bloody great episode. Pretty much exactly what I expected, but it was just really well done. Nice amount of filler and manga coverage, good work all round. They broke the flashbacks up nicely so it wasnt all in one big lump, and there should be a little more next week, just to finish it all off.

I cant wait for next week now.............. its gonna be great :E

One small thing though, notice how they changed Gaaras attempted self-wounding ever so slightly; instead of going for his wrist, he was trying to stab the back of his hand. I suppose child suicide attempts are still a little too taboo for primetime TV still.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 09:40   Link #68
Late
Peelo

What can I say? It was great! But I hope Naruto will kick some ass in the next episode.

One week to go!
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 09:41   Link #69
_Riku_

pooor Gaara, he tried to be nice but everyone were just so mean to him, like the little girl when Gaara bought some medecine for her, and then when Yashamaru died, But ....GAI ROCKS!!! man he was just like Lee there....

Konoha Senpu

btw, why did Oro's scream sound soooo fake???
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 10:44   Link #70
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Frankly I don't like this episode, maybe because I had too much expectation for it.
I hadn't complained about an episode since a long time so let's go forth ^^

The path was loong, the fillers of the flashback of the whole scene Sasuke/Kakashi from the last ep, Oro and the 3rd again (damn they will re-make one for each episodes? -_-), and even the one with Gai and Kakashi were useless.

I wouldn't mind at all a filler with fighting scene of the jounins in Konoha, but come on, Gai is showed as a buffoon, a clown.
In the manga he's deadly serious, I mean, his village his attacked and falls apart, his comrades die all around him and here Gai is all smiling, playing to be Gimli & Legolas with Kakashi.

That is Gai in the manga, and he doesn't seem to play for a Colgate's announcement.
This filler gives the feeling that this war is some kind of joke.

So all that to avoid to finish the background of Gaara in one episode =

Besides I hate the stupid voice of young Gaara and they made really too obvious the fact that the assassin was Yashumaru.

Hmpf, that's all for the moment
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 11:51   Link #71
JecKeL
Captain JecKeL

Send a message via AIM to JecKeL
That episode just made me like One Piece better than Naruto.

It was good, but waiting one week to see that is just aggrivating.
JecKeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 11:52   Link #72
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Y-...You... You hate the voice of young Gaara? I think it's perfect, "Yashama-lu.."
Old 2004-03-25, 12:31   Link #73
gizmo
Monenenenee!

i loved the episode, BUT is it true that last week is the last episode??!
gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 12:33   Link #74
annalady
Banned

Damn this episode really SUCKS
Enough with the f***ing flashbacks
annalady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 12:45   Link #75
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo
What the??? you meen next week ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter
That is Gai in the manga, and he doesn't seem to play for a Colgate's announcement.
This filler gives the feeling that this war is some kind of joke.
True. Again this comes only as a manga/anime diffrence and yes, for all the seriousness of Naruto I think reading the manga is better but the anime is also cool, but very diffrent. Both are are good.

I agree one week waiting is long to see flaskback. But I've been waiting since the actual opening to see Gaara's youth. Everything was perfect from that episode. This episode was awesome. For those who cannot tolerate good story telling you can alway go watch hollywood movies full of none sense and big explosions ^^

Young Gaara's voice? Perfect. cute and innocent, as the autor want it to be like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalady
The only thing that bothers me is the Okage that as been dying for 6episodes. But again thats the way shonen's anime are made.
Old 2004-03-25, 12:48   Link #76
BrownRukus

IMO, this ep was a Teaser. It was good to know how gaara became "Gaara". It looks like Gai and Kakashi always have bets to see how's the best, the part of kakashi and gai talking was a comedy relief i think. Hokage and Orchi's fight is still a buffer zone. I''ll be interesting with naruto uses Kyubi's charka next episode and it will be also great if Sasuke can see Naruto using Kyubi's charka but i doubt that he'l probably faint.
BrownRukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 12:56   Link #77
CyN1caL
The Rain Drops

For those who didn't like the Kakashi and Gai scene, you kinda have to realize that they are better setting up for

Spoiler:
CyN1caL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 13:04   Link #78
BrownRukus

Where is Kabuto, he is a character that i havn't seen since that Sleeping Jutsu. It would be great to show Kabuto vs Kakashi. It doesn't even have to end, it would be nice for Kakashi to face a worthy opponent
BrownRukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 13:32   Link #79
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyN1caL
For those who didn't like the Kakashi and Gai scene, you kinda have to realize that they are better setting up for

Spoiler:
I don't think so. It's just to fill time so the anime doesn't catch up to the manga too soon. Their rivalry was already sufficiently established.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 14:32   Link #80
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo
Yeah. Theyve decided to stop airing this really popular show (which has been running in a primetime slot for the last year and a half on one of tokyo's biggest tv networks) in the middle of the story arc, even though the rest of the story is still reeling out every week in the (also very popular) manga serialisation. You see, the japanese have no business sense at all. I mean, just look at Sony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalady
Yeah, because continuous fighting without any motivation or story is the way to go. Pass the Dragonballs, I wanna revive Zabuza, he was cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJO'STAR
The only thing that bothers me is the Okage that as been dying for 6episodes. But again thats the way shonen's anime are made.
It's Hokage. Ho = fire, kage = shadow.

But yeah, I know what you mean, they kinda screwed up the flow by giving us continual reminders that those two havent finished yet. In themanga, its quite clear that the fights are supposed to be running side by side, and they all reach their respective climax's at the same time. But the animation people seem to have kinda missed that one.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote