Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-23, 03:39   Link #1901
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarecrow View Post
I'm going to pretend Inferno doesn't exist. I can't even imagine the insanity...
I'll tackle Inferno sooner or later, but that's because I'm already insane

Makes me pale at the thought of Hardcore difficulty though. I realize now that the only reason I managed to breeze through Hardcore Normal and Nightmare in D2 was due to potion spamming, which can't be done here

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 05:17   Link #1902
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I'll tackle Inferno sooner or later, but that's because I'm already insane

Makes me pale at the thought of Hardcore difficulty though. I realize now that the only reason I managed to breeze through Hardcore Normal and Nightmare in D2 was due to potion spamming, which can't be done here
You know what would be fun? Having a global stat of the numbers of Hardcore character that died and a global toast whenever a certain milestone is reached XD
Old 2012-05-23, 06:23   Link #1903
Skane
Anime Snark

The difference between your typical softcore character and hardcore character is this.

A softcore character is a Rocketboyz. Full speed ahead, consequences be damned. Death is meaningless.

A hardcore character is an Adeptus Terminator Grey Knight. Steady pacing, built like a tank and can take an insane amount of beating. Death is a tragedy.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-23, 06:46   Link #1904
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
A hardcore character is an Adeptus Terminator Grey Knight. Steady pacing, built like a tank and can take an insane amount of beating. Death is a tragedy.
This makes me lament the fact that we can't play as a Paladin class. Sure we already have the Barbarian as a heavy melee class, and the Monk as the "holy" warrior. But having a Holy Knight Warrior class both gameplay and aesthetics-wise would be a nice addition to the game, something like a playable Templar follower.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-05-23, 08:14   Link #1905
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
PsyStarcraft nearly beat every boss on Inferno solo (while it's not Hardcore, playing solo doesn't have that ridiculous resurrect teammate in mid-boss-battle element) O:

A leaderboard for Hardcore deaths and accomplishments would be pretty neat xD
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 08:25   Link #1906
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
PsyStarcraft nearly beat every boss on Inferno solo (while it's not Hardcore, playing solo doesn't have that ridiculous resurrect teammate in mid-boss-battle element) O:
Pretty sure the wizard from method, and a couple others completed solo inferno last week on like thursday. They did cheese their way through though.
Old 2012-05-23, 09:06   Link #1907
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Some other random guy from Denmark (?) I think beat even them. From what I heard.
Old 2012-05-23, 09:33   Link #1908
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Psy was using Barbarian. I think Monk is the hardest to solo inferno (Maybe WD? Their dps is a lot worse than the other two glass cannon classes). Being melee is so hard when you want to dodge just about everything on the screen.

Didn't watch method's solo. I only saw their team inferno runs and they kept ressing each other in-battle which was very unexciting
Old 2012-05-23, 10:36   Link #1909
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
So I'm a level 37 monk in act 2 in nightmare sporting some 60ish dps weapon that my friend granted me and have some 400ish dps overall. I use way of the hundred fists, that kick thingy and the cyclone. I think passives are the dex armor, +100 spirit, and the mantra length increase (actually I should really ditch this one). Mantra is healing because if I do anything else that 6.5k life doesn't mean very much. :S T The killing speed is still not very impressive in games with more than one person. If not so, I'd have a pretty shitty weapon for about 1/2 the dps. So I'm gonna turn to the auction house. Now how does that thing work. It says it's unavailable but do you guys think I can get anything for the 40k gold I've been saving up?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-05-23 at 10:46.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 11:02   Link #1910
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
So I'm a level 37 monk in act 2 in nightmare sporting some 60ish dps weapon that my friend granted me and have some 400ish dps overall. I use way of the hundred fists, that kick thingy and the cyclone. I think passives are the dex armor, +100 spirit, and the mantra length increase (actually I should really ditch this one). Mantra is healing because if I do anything else that 6.5k life doesn't mean very much. :S T The killing speed is still not very impressive in games with more than one person. If not so, I'd have a pretty shitty weapon for about 1/2 the dps. So I'm gonna turn to the auction house. Now how does that thing work. It says it's unavailable but do you guys think I can get anything for the 40k gold I've been saving up?
Unless you're filthy rich, set the "Buyout Filter" to a maximum of 10,000g. You can get a LOT of decent gear for Nightmare in that range. 20k can get you good stuff for Hell-A1/A2.

Things only get really pricey from Lvl-55 onwards(40k plus), with a high spike at Lvl-60 (100k or get out).

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-23, 11:04   Link #1911
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
It seems like it's better to spend money on that rather than blow money on crafting.

And that damned AH won't come on. :S

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 11:16   Link #1912
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
It seems like it's better to spend money on that rather than blow money on crafting.

And that damned AH won't come on. :S
The current problem with crafting now is that it is TOO RANDOM. It's like sliding your credit card on an one-armed bandit and hoping for that miraculous jackpot.

With MILLIONS of players generating loot from killing monsters, you can either-

a) Craft six times with odds like one in a million, or

b) Draw upon the collective power of people generating 6 loot each, a million times over and posting that item you want on the AH.

Guess which is more realistic...

When you have a million players, "One in a million" chances happen all the time. Diablo 3 has sold 6.3 million copies, not counting Annual Pass holders like me, which is 1.2 million.

With such saturation in the AH, "lowbie gear" will sell for crumbs, because there are millions of players in Normal/Nightmare. Gear only starts being "rare" in Hell and beyond because it is beyond the scope of a lot of casual players. Inferno gear is pure gold because extremely few people are farming it in comparison to the other difficulties.

So Blacksmithing will only make sense for crafting end-game gear. Don't bother salvaging in Normal/Nightmare.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-23, 12:51   Link #1913
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Unless you're filthy rich, set the "Buyout Filter" to a maximum of 10,000g. You can get a LOT of decent gear for Nightmare in that range. 20k can get you good stuff for Hell-A1/A2.
I got most of my stuff at lv 40 for 4k.
Yes, lot of people seem like they are just want to empty their stash.
Old 2012-05-23, 13:00   Link #1914
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

600dps weapons used to sell like cupcakes @ 200k, these days I have to throw the really good ones for 125k, the weaker ones for 85k... some people might sell them for 50k. Def a good first step investment.

Because BSing is so useless: selling something pre-inferno on the AH for even 10k is better than disenchanting.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 13:53   Link #1915
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Nice patch eh? Not a single buff, ALL nerfs.
I guess Blizzard was pissed people were actually progressing inferno.
Old 2012-05-23, 14:05   Link #1916
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

afaik, the blacksmithing system is really just an inflation control for the AH. If things become too expensive on the market, BS becomes more attractive and double as a gold sink. If things are too cheap.. well no complains about that from me XD

Just found out a free voice conference service today call RaidCall if anyone is looking for one to chat with their friends. Much better compare to Skype/google hangout that i was using with my cousins to communicate in diablo.
Old 2012-05-23, 14:32   Link #1917
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Nice patch eh? Not a single buff, ALL nerfs.
I guess Blizzard was pissed people were actually progressing inferno.
Where are the recent patch notes anyway?

Old 2012-05-23, 15:18   Link #1918
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
afaik, the blacksmithing system is really just an inflation control for the AH. If things become too expensive on the market, BS becomes more attractive and double as a gold sink. If things are too cheap.. well no complains about that from me XD
AH for farmed items are always limited in inflation by the drop rate. It's too high, people just farm them instead of buying from players. Blacksmithing is redundant and superceded. The only thing that blacksmithing system would control is if there were items that can be bought only with real money or manufactured and are not attainable from the loot table.

Raidcall is okay but honestly, I'm sick of the variety of group-voice chatting utilities. It's too many ,and I don't understand why people would go out of their way to use some software that nobody else uses. I have raidcall, google, skype, teamspeak, ventrilo, mumble and I'd still find guilds telling me they use some software that I've never heard of which makes me rip my hair out at the thought of it Dx. I usually just ditch the entire group and find another group that uses something more conventional. I also don't play with any irl friend that uses something I don't have. It's not that I have anything against them r their program. Just that I don't like installing so many programs that do the same thing.

Google's an exception, call anywhere in North America for free
Old 2012-05-23, 16:05   Link #1919
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Man does Blizzard have such a good customer service

[/sarcasm]
Old 2012-05-23, 16:17   Link #1920
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Seems blizzard basically wants demon hunters to be full on glass canons...

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler