AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-23, 23:30   Link #2361
xizro345
King's Justice

Well and that's ended. Given my sub-zero interest for the real band I doubt it has me moved in getting anything AKB-related. Let's go for a few bullet points to sum up my impressions:

The Good

- The premise is incredibly absurd but somewhat works very well;
- Decent technical level (more of that later);
- Decent pacing;
- Somewhat contained drama issues;

The Bad

- While the AKB members doing the voices certainly have improved over the course of all the series, most are still sub-par. Nagisa's VA is the worst offender as there was little improvement;
- The choice of using CG for dance parts is a stilistic choice so I'm not really complaining. What I am complaining about though was that certain parts of the songs that were not done in CG were really, really horribly animated, especially in the last episode;
- While the drama is mostly contained, sometimes when it gets blown out it results in ridicolous scenes, the exact opposite of what was intended (Okada did that with BRS as well, only it was much worse in that case);
- Certain successors are really not explored at all (I completely forgot Mayuyu existed till she appeared again in the last episode). The focus is in on the understudies so I can understand that, but aside Takamina and Yuuko we're talking about 1cm-deep characterization for the others.
- DGTO and DES stay too much in the background, so it's hard to understand their policy for the entertainment bans.

In the end I'm satisfied though. But I expect Satelight to tie up a lot of the loose ends in the second run (Center Nova issues aside, there's need to expand the role of DES, Tsubasa's real motives and Sensei-Sensei's goals).
An enjoyable series, considering the absurdity of the premise.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 23:58   Link #2362
Undertaker

Taking longer than I thought it would be, but here it is.

The complete list of insert songs [minus the three No Name songs] by order of appearances:

Title [Japanese] - [Episodes appeared] - [Origin]:

Spoiler for Complete List of insert Songs:

That a total of 19 songs not counting the three from No Name. For live footage, it should be fairly easy to find on youtube with either name. The name of stage reflects the songs it is under, those interested in other stage songs and search under stage name. For full track on stages, feel free to ask in AKB Thread.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-07-24 at 01:12. Reason: Edit mistake on Heart Gata
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 00:03   Link #2363
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I won't forget! She deserved better than to be shoved off to the side from a random bullet-wound last time (and that despite the fact that we saw that their clothes are bulletproof) just because she wasn't one of the 77th or 75th generation members. What was the point of developing her the way they did just to drop her like that?
I think her role in the story is to provide a reference point so you can see how fast the 77th generation is moving forward. Because she is there, you can see how much of a fast track the 77th generation is moving on.

Also, she realistically portrays the corner of AKB that never gets the spotlight and gets pushed to the side and never goes anywhere.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 00:36   Link #2364
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Also, she realistically portrays the corner of AKB that never gets the spotlight and gets pushed to the side and never goes anywhere.
Much like Sayaka Nakaya (as she's still a regular yet never gets to be among the top 10, usually relegated to the sidelines or at the back).
Old 2012-07-24, 00:47   Link #2365
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Much like Sayaka Nakaya (as she's still a regular yet never gets to be among the top 10, usually relegated to the sidelines or at the back).
Well, Nakayan is having a surge of popularity in recent times...
As long as she can maintain her popularity, she is doing fine.

There is still many more who is unfortunate...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 00:51   Link #2366
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Does anyone else feel that AKB0048 is like a magical girl anime with a sci-fi backdrop? The characters bring out the happiness and hope in people's hearts, which is a common magical girl theme. There's the kirara, which are like familiars. And all kinds of crazy things happen when willpower and passion reach their peak.

Fantastic finale, by the way. That second season announcement was a no-brainer, but I'm glad to see it confirmed.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 00:52   Link #2367
Random Wanderer

Quote:
I think her role in the story is to provide a reference point so you can see how fast the 77th generation is moving forward. Because she is there, you can see how much of a fast track the 77th generation is moving on.

To hell with that. Megu deserves better.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 01:08   Link #2368
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Well, Nakayan is having a surge of popularity in recent times...
As long as she can maintain her popularity, she is doing fine.

There is still many more who is unfortunate...
Yeah, just think how Matsubara Natsumi was feeling after this year's election. Being a 2nd gen member and have to go through the humiliation of sitting by herself in the Team A row because everyone else on her team but her made it into the Top 64 ranking. (exception Aachan who withdrew) Now that is painful....
Old 2012-07-24, 01:15   Link #2369
sa547
*Author

Well, I gave my great thanks to Romain and...
Quote:
@soulassassin547 Thank you! We already started to work on the next AKB0048 stuff. Kawamori san never stops!
You guys can still give props to him, his compatriots and the rest of the Satelite crew at @ThomasinTokyo
Old 2012-07-24, 03:29   Link #2370
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
(and if you ask me, at the beginning I had mixed thoughts, wondering whether the whole venture originally hatched by Otsuki would fly at all, expecting for the worst)
According to an interview, a producer (this Otsuki I suppose) contacted Kawamori just after Sayonara no Tsubasa ended to do an anime of the AKB48, but it was Kawamori the one who thought up the concept of using the far future setting (because with the real AKB48 there would be too many characters to draw) and to use a war to depict the struggles of these idols.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 10:03   Link #2371
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Yeah, just think how Matsubara Natsumi was feeling after this year's election. Being a 2nd gen member and have to go through the humiliation of sitting by herself in the Team A row because everyone else on her team but her made it into the Top 64 ranking. (exception Aachan who withdrew) Now that is painful....

Or Sato Amina who got 8th in the election but only got 5 sec in Iiwake Maybe video. She was so upset she pretend to smile when they showed the video but ran to the bathroom after to cry. That scene Orine was in the bathroom with Takamina in the anti ep remind me so much of that.
Also Sayaka who's getting push back....ugh...my bb don't deserve this. Personally the AKB0048 situation is better because at least Sayaka is top 9 members..

oh and Team B members are pretty ignored most of the time beside Mayuki..it's kinda funny since they're the cute group in term of image but tend to get ignore...lol...

Anyway Megu and the other trainees might get more screen time next season. It is about the election, I'm guessing everyone will be include

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-07-24 at 10:33.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 10:30   Link #2372
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Everyone will be in the election, but we already know Nagisa is going to win
So, it's kinda *yawn*

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 10:34   Link #2373
mochichan

Who know. Maybe they'll troll with Chieri and say she win the election but then some how Nagisa end up being Acchan the 14th :P
Or maybe the ghost of Acchan aka Kirara Jesus will appear at the election.

The drama from the election alone is interesting enough even if the outcome is predictable, if it's the same as the real AKB election.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 10:35   Link #2374
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Everyone will be in the election, but we already know Nagisa is going to win
So, it's kinda *yawn*
*waits for Makoto to win instead*
Old 2012-07-24, 13:00   Link #2375
Kazu-kun

Quote:
*waits for Makoto to win instead*
This should totally happen!!
Old 2012-07-24, 16:41   Link #2376
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
To hell with that. Megu deserves better.
Count me in for Megumi support.

As for the episode, it was friggin hilarious how the 77th gen girls ascended in the light with Minegishi shouting DON'T!! and in the next scene they're back like nothing happened.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 17:49   Link #2377
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
As for the episode, it was friggin hilarious how the 77th gen girls ascended in the light with Minegishi shouting DON'T!! and in the next scene they're back like nothing happened.
Another couple of seconds and they might not have come back. I think they were right on the edge of losing the whole group of trainees to the "center nova phenomenon."
Old 2012-07-24, 18:17   Link #2378
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

It's not a matter of time. If any of them were on the level of a true center nova then she/they would have disappeared right there.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 18:21   Link #2379
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
If any of them were on the level of a true center nova then she/they would have disappeared right there.
I don't think so. Acchan the 13th was Center Nova for years before she disappeared.
Old 2012-07-24, 18:53   Link #2380
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Images
chieri_practicing_some_unusual_dance_moves.jpg
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime