AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-24, 12:41   Link #201
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
Saitou Dousan's survival in the earliest arc frankly has provided a precedent for power-of-friendship-and-dialogue-always-wins-among-comrades trope, but since I can't read kanji (thus haven't read the LN), that's admittedly short-sighted of me. How has the LN been going ? Any actual hints for gang-splitting and/or betrayal scenarios ?

I also wondered about the same thing Sumeragi has. The mirai-jin MC being cleverly placed in a slot of a very crucial historical figure really offers plenty potentials for delicious gritty dramas, especially considering how the RL history went. Then again, such arrangement isn't novel. This serial is certainly meant for alternate historical course. That alone can sufficiently justify a fluffy pandering scenario....

If the author will be so gutsy as to not only grant Sumeragi's wish but also follow it with Saru and Nobuna warring each other over Mitsuhide issue, a standing applause from me is assured.
Well, for all his "future boy" insight.. he should've known about the problem that would be happening in Mino. It's well documented how that played out.. wonder why he didn't say anything?
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 12:44   Link #202
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I think Nobuna said if she has any suspicions that Sagara Yoshiharu is controlling her, she will behead him herself. Well that was in the anime episode 2, not sure if that was in the Light Novel. Also, I will not be changing the request polls again, I am hopeful everyone will recast their vote.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 12:48   Link #203
animefan82
Serial Noob

ok...then i'll wait for spoilers instead... :-)
animefan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 12:52   Link #204
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I think Nobuna said if she has any suspicions that Sagara Yoshiharu is controlling her, she will behead him herself. Well that was in the anime episode 2, not sure if that was in the Light Novel. Also, I will not be changing the request polls again, I am hopeful everyone will recast their vote.
Yeah, but it's not controlling.. I mean he could've said "Hey Saitou, when you get back home your son is going to try to kill you and the Mino 3 will betray you"

He's obviously not adverse to changing history, so not sure why that got left out.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 12:54   Link #205
Athena
The Power of One

Guys, every change to the poll and it will be automatically reset. Or else, manipulation of votes would be too easy.

I wonder how Nobuna will die, assuming she will in the future. Not thay wish that will happen, but it seems that she is doomed to die somehow, or else there'd be more issues raised.
Old 2012-07-24, 12:56   Link #206
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Guys, every change to the poll and it will be automatically reset. Or else, manipulation of votes would be too easy.
Again I am so sorry (crying in a corner). Please recast your vote if you voted before and try to convince others to do so. Also, again try to get more people to vote. This is one of my few bone head moves.
Old 2012-07-24, 13:01   Link #207
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

A lot of votes were lost please refrain from doing another reset
It's gonna be tough after we had such a good start
Isn't the MC supposed to be a general in the Oda clan after he managed to get 30000 koku?
Old 2012-07-24, 13:19   Link #208
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I will listen to your advice my friend. Oh and yes, he is suppose to be a General for getting 8,000 Koku. He went above the standard and got 30,000 koku so he should be promoted to something like a 3 star General. That is a lot of rice. Here is a link to the definition of koku http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koku
Old 2012-07-24, 13:58   Link #209
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Well, for all his "future boy" insight.. he should've known about the problem that would be happening in Mino. It's well documented how that played out.. wonder why he didn't say anything?
I would say four reasons:

1. He just came back from putting down a rebellion.
2. Given how the meeting with Dousan went, he might have thought things might be better.
3. The entire timeline in general is accelerated. In our history, the alliance was forged in 1549 and Yoshitatsu's coup occurred in 1556. In the anime at least, we have the event happening within weeks, if not days.
4. What would happen if he told Nobuna and Dousan about the future betrayals? Most likely exile/seppuku, which would either raise the possibilities of dissent or will kill off possibly useful people. Furthermore, as much as they know his record of "foreseeing", could Nobuna and Dousan completely believe in Monkey? He might be manipulating them, which is most likely why Nobuna told him not to make it seem he is controlling her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I will listen to your advice my friend. Oh and yes, he is suppose to be a General for getting 8,000 Koku. He went above the standard and got 30,000 koku so he should be promoted to something like a 3 star General. That is a lot of rice. Here is a link to the definition of koku http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koku
He's a retainer, directly serving under Nobuna. Also, he will get a large rise in status in the future.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 14:01   Link #210
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

No chance of being true, but awesome if it was: what if he planned for Nobuna to go after him (I mean he does want her to be an emotional girl and not Nobunaga) so that the Imagawa could attack, so that Okehazama could happen, so that Oda could actually become a major power?
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 14:04   Link #211
Sumeragi
Banned

That's quite a big gamble. If Nobuna got into a fight with the rebels, there would not have been an Okehazama since Imagawa's forces might have been able to take over everything before any battles are concluded.
Old 2012-07-24, 14:06   Link #212
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Didn't Okehazama occur because the Imagawa HAD taken over everything and were celebrating? I could be wrong though, like I said, I highly doubt that it's the truth, just awesome if it was though. And to be fair, if we're talking about a big gamble, 2500 vs. 35000 sounds like a much bigger gamble to me...

Last edited by chad001; 2012-07-24 at 14:07. Reason: 2500 not 1500
Old 2012-07-24, 14:08   Link #213
Sumeragi
Banned

No, the Imagawa forces were celebrating after taking the border fortresses.
Old 2012-07-24, 14:09   Link #214
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
No, the Imagawa forces were celebrating after taking the border fortresses.
Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me.
Old 2012-07-24, 14:14   Link #215
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
No chance of being true, but awesome if it was: what if he planned for Nobuna to go after him (I mean he does want her to be an emotional girl and not Nobunaga) so that the Imagawa could attack, so that Okehazama could happen, so that Oda could actually become a major power?
In that case, he will become one of the most intelligent MC, in tactics.

But I dont think he is that impressive. He just realized his knowledge from game in the future was not true anymore ... because he had changed that. So he just tried to look for the chance which occur like what he knew.
Old 2012-07-24, 14:15   Link #216
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTDK View Post
In that case, he will become one of the most intelligent MC.

But I dont think he is that impressive. He just realized his knowledge from game in the future was not true anymore ... because he had changed that. So he just tried to look for the chance which occur like what he knew.
At least he didn't go into a depression as soon as he found out his future-knowledge won't work right?
Old 2012-07-24, 14:17   Link #217
Ridwan

This thread has gone for 11 pages so far and I have seen no mentioning of Honda Tadakatsu. Or did I miss it ?
Old 2012-07-24, 14:17   Link #218
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
At least he didn't go into a depression as soon as he found out his future-knowledge won't work right?
Agree, he solved everything well like he was born for changing history.
Old 2012-07-24, 14:22   Link #219
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
This thread has gone for 11 pages so far and I have seen no mentioning of Honda Tadakatsu. Or did I miss it ?
I don't recall the Battle of Anegawa happening (as well as the related Tokugawa joining Oda), since the outcome of Okehazama changed quite a few things. For that matter, there is an Anegawa-like battle, but it features an unexpected guest.
Old 2012-07-24, 15:10   Link #220
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Who's that?

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem