AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-08, 17:57   Link #281
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
I cried at the ED (season OP). Teru is this series' Koromo eh?
If Achiga actually defeats Teru I will eat my nekomimi flight cap. -_-
Old 2012-04-08, 17:58   Link #282
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
I cried at the ED (season OP). Teru is this series' Koromo eh?
Considering she's the top high school student today, it seems vastly appropriate. All of the parallels were very well placed in the OP to Saki's first OP in my opinion.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 18:03   Link #283
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Ah nice to have mahjong back. The main cast is good. Hope Nodoka at least makes cameos every now and then. Hope they focus a bit more on the game though.
Old 2012-04-08, 19:44   Link #284
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Trying not to spoil much, there's overall more emphasis on the game in Side-A than even the original series, and the "mahjong powers" are somewhat toned down... well, with some obvious exceptions.

It just doesn't show yet because we're still in the exposition phase... which ends quickly
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 19:51   Link #285
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Wow, really impressed with everything from the first episode. Was kind of disappointed in them not continuing from the first anime. Not anymore though. I think I'll like this better.

Rofl at the Nodoka fanservice at the end.
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 20:41   Link #286
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Well damn .. All the characters were so likeable. Well, except for Nodoka of course, I hated her even on the first season.

What I'm confused about is this relation to the first season. Is this supposed to be a prequel, or a spinoff?
Old 2012-04-08, 20:43   Link #287
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Well damn .. All the characters were so likeable. Well, except for Nodoka of course, I hated her even on the first season.

What I'm confused about is this relation to the first season. Is this supposed to be a prequel, or a spinoff?
Spinoff from here onward. This episode was a prequel for the entire Saki universe. The timeframe will be the same as in the first series. A true second season for the main series can't be made yet due to manga constraints.

Old 2012-04-08, 20:50   Link #288
Dist

They could've gone anime original for second season, though. I really wish they had too .. I mean just thinking about where the first season stopped is annoying me =_=..

If this anime doesn't stop before they reach the Nationals, I wonder if we'll see any of the 1st season's cast there with Nodoka. If the timeframe is same it could happen unless it's a true spinoff with absolutely no relation to the first season (aside from this episode).
Old 2012-04-08, 21:50   Link #289
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 22:03   Link #290
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Okay. Sold.

Absolutely excellent - a faithful adaptation of the manga and I also enjoyed the VA'ing. Also, I really liked the fact that the BGM had many of the same pieces used in the Saki anime. Helped to re-create a definite sameness of feel imo.
Glad you loved it Flower. Honestly, this episode reminded me of why I fell in love with Saki in the first place. I'm really loving Shizuno, Aka, and Kuro and expect great things from them.

Quote:
Looks like they may cover material all the way up through the current manga chapters too ... interesting.
I wonder, what will happen then. Will the series end? Hopefully without another three year wait until more Saki. Might they actually segue into an actual season two of Saki?

Quote:
Edit: Oh yes - I think Yuuki Aoi makes a perfect addition to the "Saki world"!
Heh, I wonder if it was on purpose.

Last edited by Stevie_Nix; 2012-04-08 at 23:36.
Stevie_Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 22:14   Link #291
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
I wonder, what will happen then. Will the series end? Hopefully without another three year wait until more Saki. Might they actually segue into an actual season two of Saki?
I think sales of Achiga will impact another season. Show that the desire is still in the fans, and a true second season will occur. As for the ending of Achiga, that's up in the air.

Edit: Since I have the latest post and this doesn't deserve a bump, here's the titles for episodes 2 and 3:
Episode 2: Startup (始動)
Episode 3: Contact (接触)

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-04-08 at 22:49.
Old 2012-04-08, 23:10   Link #292
Marina2

LOL, the Op has the same partern as the Saki OP. Shiratodai = Ryumonbuchi eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Edit: Since I have the latest post and this doesn't deserve a bump, here's the titles for episodes 2 and 3:
Episode 2: Startup (始動)
Episode 3: Contact (接触)
Oh, those are the same as manga chapter titles. I guess 1 ep. anime = 1 ch. in manga then.

and yeah, I hope the sale of this spin-off is good or else we won't get second season of Saki.
Old 2012-04-08, 23:23   Link #293
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
I think sales of Achiga will impact another season. Show that the desire is still in the fans, and a true second season will occur. As for the ending of Achiga, that's up in the air.
Yes, you are probably right about that. Hopefully Achiga-hen will do really well so we will actually get a second season of Saki.
Old 2012-04-09, 01:18   Link #294
Sol Falling

Provided that Achiga is only single cour, a season 3 of Saki is basically guaranteed. Achiga (the manga) will be set to wrap up in approximately three chapters with [mod edit: let's leave this for the manga thread] If the anime sticks to the one episode per chapter adaptation pacing, they will precisely cover the entire Achiga sidestory leaving us with another huge cliffhanger to be resolved, with the outcome of the final national's arc of the main Saki story.

Episode one covered an entire 90 pages of content from chapter 1 of the manga sidestory, but not all chapters of the manga are that long (although quite a few are). I am hopeful that for at least the shorter chapters the anime will add more fleshed out details and extra content (still a bit disappointing, given the extremely fast pace of Achiga-hen in general though).

In any case, the material in Achiga-hen is extremely relevant to future developments in the main Saki series. It might be called a "sidestory", but any Saki fan would be a complete fool if they decided to miss it.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-04-09 at 15:55.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 03:34   Link #295
kona~chan
ヘタレ

just keep wondering what "side-A" means in the series title anyway?
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 04:55   Link #296
Sol Falling

The tournament brackets for the interhigh mahjong national's competition are split into two sides, side-A and side-B. Kiyosumi, Eisui, Rinkai, etc. are in side-B. Achiga, Senriyama, Shiratodai, etc. are in side-A.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 05:02   Link #297
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Dist, how do you hate Nodoka just because of her melon-sized breasts ? Many people loved her.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 08:24   Link #298
Dist

I never said I hate Nodoka because of that, although it is somewhat true, but it's not the only reason. Misao, you need to start accepting the fact that not everyone will like what you like. I hate her, end of the story.
Old 2012-04-09, 08:30   Link #299
Qilin
Romanticist

I will be watching this in order to witness Miyanaga Teru's godly mahjong powers first hand.

... especially since it's looking like the anime will catch up with the manga before long.
Old 2012-04-09, 09:45   Link #300
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Oh damn, this is already running?

Now I have to catch up on Season 1 quickly. I was planning to learn more about Mahjong rules first, but never got anywhere with that.

Learned a bit of Mahjong from eroge-sensei

But even though I managed to win against all the girls there, some rules are still puzzling...
Is it important to know the more detailed ones, or is it ok to have a general grasp of the concept?

Last edited by Solace; 2012-04-09 at 11:45. Reason: Removed link
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri