AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Old 2004-04-07, 15:23   Link #61
Kagari-chan
銀の律動のムジカ

Send a message via AIM to Kagari-chan Send a message via MSN to Kagari-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis
If Evil Girl is Hikari's twin sister (in a manner of speaking), how did she get Takeru's jacket? Or could this be shades of Chobits?

I went into this show expecting Mahoromatic (which I enjoyed, dammit), and finished the episode pleasantly surprised. The transformation came out of left field, certainly, but I can live with that.

Hopefully Ryou has a large part to play in the proceedings. While Takeru may not angst as much as Shinji, he does philosophize a great deal.
Takeru gives Hikari his jacket. They don't show it really, but if you have seen the manga from Animal magazine, it's more obvious.
Kagari-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 15:41   Link #62
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

??? There's a manga version of this?

*goes looking for it*
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 15:54   Link #63
Kagari-chan
銀の律動のムジカ

Theres no scanlations out to my knowledge, but I have raw scans of chapters 1-3. Chapter 4 comes out tomorrow.
Old 2004-04-07, 16:36   Link #64
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagari-chan
Theres no scanlations out to my knowledge, but I have raw scans of chapters 1-3. Chapter 4 comes out tomorrow.
Ah so the Manga is running pretty concurrent with the anime then? If it's only up to chapter 4.

I must say I was really happy with the first episode. I loved the animation, the characters and their personalities seem interesting. The Male lead actually seems likable to me, probably because I can relate to his slacker-ness...

And the final thing with Hikari giving that evil smile...Niiiiice.

This anime just shot to the top of the new group of animes for me. Although if BakuTen throws in some yuri fanservice...Well...I'm not made of stone!
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 17:40   Link #65
Scooterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai
I disagree. EVA had hardly any real fan-service, even defined by late 1990's standards. That was one of Anno's many running jokes.
Actually, fanservice is more than just panty shots (although that's probably the most blatant). Fanservice can also include shots and scenes that don't do anything to forward the story, but rather to do something cool to the maximum extreme. I'm thinking of the swirly missiles in Macross. Totally unnecessary, but very cool defines fanservice in my mind.
Scooterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 17:43   Link #66
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Takeru gives Hikari his jacket. They don't show it really, but if you have seen the manga from Animal magazine, it's more obvious.
That's not what I meant. I was wondering if Hikari and Akari were sharing the same body.

Just wondering.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 20:30   Link #67
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
That's not what I meant. I was wondering if Hikari and Akari were sharing the same body.

Just wondering.
Hmm... I don't think so, since

Spoiler:

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-04-07 at 20:53.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 20:36   Link #68
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:

Just wondering.
Akari is voiced by Ai Shimizu, who played people like Karen from Onegai Twins, Momen from Raimiuro Senkitan, and Minawa from Mahoromatic. I doubt she could ever be the evil version of Hikari (certainly doesn't sound anything like her in this ep)
Old 2004-04-07, 21:25   Link #69
Kagari-chan
銀の律動のムジカ

They are two separate people. But there's not been much info on Akari or how she's found yet, so we'll see
Old 2004-04-07, 22:04   Link #70
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Anyone tried Aone's version yet? Is it equal or better than Keep's version?

<---Likes Aone's 142 meg size. Allows 5 episodes per cd rather than 4
Old 2004-04-07, 22:07   Link #71
Kagari-chan
銀の律動のムジカ

142MB might be a nice size, but it hurts the video quality due to compression.
Old 2004-04-07, 22:08   Link #72
Lucier
Lunar Translator

no, keep's is better! (because I looked over the intro!)
Lucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 22:17   Link #73
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Hmm thats true...guess I'll wait till my download of Aone's version is done and compare the two.
Old 2004-04-07, 23:49   Link #74
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

Quote:

I think it really depends on the encoder's skills though. I've seen episodes that were smaller in filesize but looked just as good or even better than larger ones. I wouldn't mind a comparison for the first episode between the two groups', although I might just get the smaller version so I can save space I'm such a cheapskate...
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 00:18   Link #75
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Hmm...I checked out Aone's version, and I did experience some choppyness that wasn't there in Keep's version.

Guess I'll stick with Keep's.
Old 2004-04-08, 00:25   Link #76
Yujinbito

Oh my god, Gainax is doing some weird genre mixing. >_< Referencing to DNA^2, Devilman, Blue-Seed-type anime, harem anime, fanservice anime (STFU, it's there - don't deny it.. if you want proof, watch the ending credits - there's no need to show a zoomed shot of a girl's ass in cut-off jeans unless it's purely for fanservice - now to what use they may be putting "Fanservice" thematically, if any, who knows.... maybe there's a good reason for it.......................), to Apocalyptic sci-fi anime, cutesy girls running around anime... @_@ It boggles the mind. If I weren't already trained to see what Gainax might be hoping to develop, I'd probably just delete ep. 1 and have done with it. But in the past their genre-mixing/matching-as-way-of-enhancing-ideas/themes has been fascinating, so I'm hoping to see more of that. Of course.. watching this show made me realize that a lot of what they're referencing has to do with more recent anime trends that I'm not familiar with (have to rely on what I recognize from random pictures seen here and there).

Also, I like SimplyEd's interpretation of what will happen. The episode was certainly full of cheese, though.. But guess I'll just have to wait it out like everyone else & see.

Yak yak yak

Also, as to Eva fan service, I'd like to add the episode w/ Asuka and the pool.. ("Maybe if I warm them up they'll get bigger") Of course, again, that stuff sort of served a purpose.. in that case Asuka was flirting/fucking with Shinji. But still.. stupid Gainax, giving their fan service a place in the story so that you can't complain about it being gratuitous.... ::shakes fist:: (not really)
Yujinbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 01:08   Link #77
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
I was definately pleased with the first episode. I did have flash backs of Mahoromatic, Onegai Teacher and Chobits, but it was different enough to satisfy me. I have to admit that the evil twist was the most intriguing part IMO. Takeru's hero-side was refreshing and Ryou seems like a likeable character too. (Did everyone catch his list of "likes" at the beginning? ROFL) Now what really boggled my mind was how Takeru was able to carry a pantyless girl on his back like that with a straight face. ^_^;;;;; I plan to keep watching if it doesn't take a turn for the worst and would likely recommend it to other anime fans who have liked others in this genre. I doubt I would suggest it to someone who I was trying to lure into the anime scheme yet though.
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 01:14   Link #78
Yujinbito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo
I plan to keep watching if it doesn't take a turn for the worst and would likely recommend it to other anime fans who have liked others in this genre.
Heh. And what exactly would you say its genre is?

Besides uncharacteristically ambitious B-Anime.

No - seriously, though, what genre would you say it is??
Yujinbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 01:24   Link #79
Xie

I really liked this one. I thought it showed a lot of potential and I'll defintely be watching it all. I was laughing inappropriately at one point though...

Spoiler:

More seriously
Spoiler:
Xie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 01:55   Link #80
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yujinbito
Heh. And what exactly would you say its genre is?

Besides uncharacteristically ambitious B-Anime.

No - seriously, though, what genre would you say it is??
First and foremost, its science fiction obviously. A lot of anime expanses across several genres. Of course, I don't know where it will go from here. But so far my guess would be that it will also include action, comedy, drama, mystery, and maybe even ecchi. If i were organizing my anime library by genre, I would place it with Yumeria, DNA^2, Chobits, Mahoromatic, Onegai Teacher/Twins and so on. Those all span across the previously mentioned genres and if you look up titles on Animenfo, they often list more than two or three genres for shows too. Other science fiction, such as Akira, SE Lain, GitS and such, would be way off in another section though.

Of course, I could be way off here. It could turn off to be dark and twisted enough to leave your mind warped for weeks. I would have never expected EVA or KgNE to turn out the way they did.

Last edited by Taboo; 2004-04-08 at 02:00. Reason: Forgot part of what I was wanting to say. >.<
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote