AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-04-10, 19:44   Link #121
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
My only hope is with Orochimaru. He has to be planning to use the other three Hokages. No one is buying that he changed. His problem is to distract Hashirama. That can happen on the battlefield. Then he can use the other Kages against the Alliance so he is the last one standing at the end.

Otherwise they serve no other purpose since the odds are overwhelmingly on the Alliance's side. Obito will probably be dead by the time they get there.
i agree with everything you said, except the obito being dead part. obito and minato will assuredly meet. that meeting will probably spawn another conversation involving rin (this time with madara present) so that madara will reveal the truth about what he did to her and how he set obito up. that will lead to obito turning on madara and dying to protect his 'friends' again. who knows, maybe he'll give kakashi the complete set of sharingan
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 19:45   Link #122
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

so shisui was the same age as asuma huh?
Old 2013-04-10, 19:48   Link #123
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
so shisui was the same age as asuma huh?
roughly. he was itachi's senior and role model so it shouldn't be new information really. kagami being his father is new info of course
Old 2013-04-10, 19:54   Link #124
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

too much good guys, no way a manga can end like this. its suppose to have all the cards stacked against the hero with the world on his shoulders. kishi is just getting all of these guys out of the way to set up a true dire ending...idk how but orochimaru/sasuke needs to fuck shit up asap because obito+madara against 4 hokages+narusasu is just unbelievable...

edit: oh fk forgot teh juubi

Last edited by solidguy; 2013-04-10 at 19:54. Reason: edit: oh fk forgot teh juubi
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 20:05   Link #125
danielevo

hello, i think there is somethink strange in this chapter..
is the konoha village has been destroyed by Jubi attack ? but why konoha village looks okay in this chapter?
danielevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 20:19   Link #126
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielevo View Post
hello, i think there is somethink strange in this chapter..
is the konoha village has been destroyed by Jubi attack ? but why konoha village looks okay in this chapter?
The Cloud village has been annihilated by the Juubi, Konoha is (mostly) fine although in reconstruction after Pain's attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
roughly. he was itachi's senior and role model so it shouldn't be new information really. kagami being his father is new info of course
Itachi had the thought process of a Kage when he was 7, his best friend was two or three times his age and his girlfriend(s) was probably in her late 30 'cause that's how he rolled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
and all of a sudden he thinks his brother is better than the first while no one agrees with him [or no one cares what Sasuke thinks XD])
All of the sudden? This is Sasuke's whole philosophy and more importantly the author entire editorial line since we learned the truth about Itachi. Hell this is what Hashirama told Sasuke within minutes of being resurrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogotah View Post
I have no problem with Sasuke's answer, with all the information he has obtained now., this conclusion is the ONLY logical conclusion ( but are the uchihas known for logic anyway??). His brother loved the village and wanted nothing but to protect it, so would you do your brother honor by destroying it? Of course not, so yes his decision was logical, but this poses a problem for the rest of the storyline as we have speculated.
If my brother had slaughtered my family, viciously beaten me up, tortured and forced me to witness the murder of my parent thousands times over and generally manipulated me upon a life a suffering, hatred and despair I think I'd have a really hard time agreeing with anything the fucker wanted. Stockholm syndrome notwithstanding.
It's one of those thing that always amaze me, the tacit moral and logical acceptance of what Itachi did for the mere reason that he's presented as a follower of the protagonist's side. Not that it is surprising because it's a basic human characteristic but seeing it in action over a fictional work always left me in wonder.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 20:19   Link #127
GDB

It wasn't Konoha that was destroyed.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 20:51   Link #128
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
oh. well thats my bad.
with the whole itachi possible killing his best friend to acquire the mangkeyo, i assume they were the same age all this time...or just misread things to begin with.

will oro pull a vegita?! oh so you beat the ginyu goons, now you bout to fight the captain?? I'm out bitches...
Old 2013-04-10, 21:15   Link #129
yogotah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post

If my brother had slaughtered my family, viciously beaten me up, tortured and forced me to witness the murder of my parent thousands times over and generally manipulated me upon a life a suffering, hatred and despair I think I'd have a really hard time agreeing with anything the fucker wanted. Stockholm syndrome notwithstanding.
It's one of those thing that always amaze me, the tacit moral and logical acceptance of what Itachi did for the mere reason that he's presented as a follower of the protagonist's side. Not that it is surprising because it's a basic human characteristic but seeing it in action over a fictional work always left me in wonder.

True, but I don't think Itachi is to blamed for his action. If a soldier kills your family, usually it's the country he's from, not the actual soldier that you will have hatred for. So all of Sasuke's hatred should have been aimed at Konoha, which it was, but now he chooses to honor his brother who loved him more than the village itself and I think for these reasons, the answer he chose was the most logical one. Honestly, he could have come to this conclusion a little bit earlier than now, but heck, if it wasn't for sasuke, we wouldn't have the Kages ressurected, which would have been a huge disservice to us.
yogotah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 21:30   Link #130
The Green One

Sasuke has figured out he doesn't have an asspull big enough to save him from Naruto/Kurama combo so he's gone "Good" to save himself the humiliation of the ass kicking he'd receive in a fight between them now by avoiding the fight all together.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 21:34   Link #131
iBeast

I don't get it... the war is practically over. Naruto+Sasuke are now on the same side.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 22:23   Link #132
b1gdawg

I mean... it's just so obvious that Orochimaru will turn on the Alliance... The odds are so overwhelming right now. It's basically Madara and Obito vs the Alliance (which i personally think Madara and Obito have a slight edge), but with the addition of the 4 Kage's Sasuke and Oro, and Obito turning good, that's not even a close fight. Even though Madara may be more powerful than Hashirama now that he has the rinnegan, he still can't take on all 4 HOKAGES (not to mention the other Kage's might be back soon). What's everybody think it's going to come down to, The Shinobi Alliance + Sasuke vs Oro + 2nd 3rd 4th?
b1gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 23:30   Link #133
JustRob

Quote:
i agree with everything you said, except the obito being dead part. obito and minato will assuredly meet. that meeting will probably spawn another conversation involving rin (this time with madara present) so that madara will reveal the truth about what he did to her and how he set obito up. that will lead to obito turning on madara and dying to protect his 'friends' again. who knows, maybe he'll give kakashi the complete set of sharingan
Yes I'm sure Madara will turn Obito against himself... Not. Now why would he do that?

And why would Obito chat with Minato about Rin, when 10 or so years ago he tried to kill him without any sort of emotional conversation?
Old 2013-04-11, 00:19   Link #134
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogotah View Post
True, but I don't think Itachi is to blamed for his action. If a soldier kills your family, usually it's the country he's from, not the actual soldier that you will have hatred for.
If Itacho had simply killed Sasuke's family, you might have an argument (not really, but whatever), but Itachi didn't just kill Sasuke's family. Itachi went out of his way to rape, destroy and otherwise abuse Sasuke's very psyche. Sasuke was so badly damaged by Itachi's persistant torture that he even thought shacking up with a body stealing crazy monster made sense. Itachi screwed over Sasuke completely and totally for reasons that still make little to no sense, but we forgive him because he is supposedly awesome and his ideals match Naruto's.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 01:51   Link #135
Hoki
Professor Lech

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Somehow I just got a bad feeling. I fear we will get some sort of revelation like:Infinite Tsukiyomi and Madara becoming all evil was a bluff. Madara realized that he can unite all the clans the best, when they have a common enemy to fight against and decided to become this enemy.
Though thats most likely not Kishi's style.
This actually makes sense.
Old 2013-04-11, 02:02   Link #136
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I think it was creative the way Kishimoto presented Itachi as a tragic hero.

We were introduced to him as an S-class criminal and heartless mass murderer who annihilated his own clan because he felt following their ways limited him. Sasuke devoted his life to vengeance but his obsession with revenge was redirected when he found out that Itachi's genocidal attack on the Uchiha was actually an order from the Konoha leadership and that Itachi was forced in to the situation. If he sided with the village they may have all died any way during the civil war that followed. Itachi chose his village over his clan except for his younger brother which probably made Sasuke feel special. That revelation changed his perception of Itachi. As bizarre as it sounds the true scenario that unfolded enabled Sasuke to forgive Itachi.

I liked this chapter. Sasuke finally let go of his hatred or at least stopped going down the path of evil. I think Orochimaru will also become good because he realized that there are bigger things going on than his plans to be all powerful.

I wonder when Sasuke will find out that Naruto is the son of the 4th Hokage and how that revelation will effect him. I always thought something like that would come out during or just before their final battle. I thought Minato would tell him but it doesn't look like it will even matter at this point since Hashirama has apparently convinced Sasuke to stop being evil.

If all goes according to plan Madara and Obito seem outmatched here. Hashirama is recognized as Madara's superior and should still be a match for him even though Madara has his powers. Then you had 3 more Hokage plus the rest of the Ninja Alliance including Naruto, plus Sasuke and Orochimaru. It seems like Team Madara is about to get their ass whooped unless something happens to make the quest more difficult for the heroes.
Old 2013-04-11, 02:56   Link #137
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Somehow I just got a bad feeling. I fear we will get some sort of revelation like:Infinite Tsukiyomi and Madara becoming all evil was a bluff. Madara realized that he can unite all the clans the best, when they have a common enemy to fight against and decided to become this enemy.
Though thats most likely not Kishi's style.
Even if it does turn out that way, it's not like Madara and Obito can be forgiven. Obito is largely responsible for the death of Naruto's parents, as well as everyone who died during the Kyuubi attack.

Madara and Obito are also responsible for the destruction of the war. Kumogakure is presumably complete wiped off the map, Neji was killed, as well as hundreds of others.

But really, I don't see it happening.
Old 2013-04-11, 03:44   Link #138
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Yes I'm sure Madara will turn Obito against himself... Not. Now why would he do that?
because madara is the ultimate chauvinist. he couldnt care less what he says to provoke people because he thinks of himself as too good for them to matter (all except hashirama of course)

i could see it going like this: minato shows up, shock and awe at what obito has become, obito whines about rin, madara overhears and says you mean that little girl i used to provoke your MS?, obito flips out

^just a rough guesstimation, but madara certainly wouldn't care what obito thought. he probably would find it amusing
Old 2013-04-11, 04:08   Link #139
Casshern

I'm guessing that Minato's "big present" isn't a new jutsu (lol) but the other half of the kyuubi.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 05:32   Link #140
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
I don't get it... the war is practically over. Naruto+Sasuke are now on the same side.
Let's not forget Madara can pull out asteroids from his arse without breaking a sweat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I'm guessing that Minato's "big present" isn't a new jutsu (lol) but the other half of the kyuubi.
All that will mean is a double sized Rasengan.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion