AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-28, 18:34   Link #2801
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Dynasty Warriors 7 Xtreme Legends(why don't they spell Extreme properly anymore?)

I've played 6 but haven't played 7 but XL is very very good.
It's def a vast improvement from 6, which I actually thought 6 was pretty good, it had some great improvements from previous games but at same time kinda took away a few things which should have been or improved upon.

Love the japanese audio for this series, fact Kazuya Nakai is Xiahou Dun(my favorite chracter) is boss!

Totally falling in love with the series again!
Old 2011-12-28, 23:25   Link #2802
amasposu

Just started Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.

I am hoping to cut down on my backlog a little more.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 02:22   Link #2803
jedinat

Just got Mario Kart 7... I missed the one on the Wii (no Wii), but so far I'm liking it a lot more than Double Dash or DS... The online system seems pretty nice.

Also still taking my time going through 3D Land... I'm glad I got the 3DS. My $5 Pilot Wings and Steel Diver are still in the mail...
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 16:57   Link #2804
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

playing ARES. finished it in 1 h

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 23:17   Link #2805
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Some more gaming rather than blogging...

Mario Kart 7 (3DS) - I pretty much unlocked all the tracks for the 50cc and the game is fun. Kind of bummed out with the lack of a one player VS. function. I haven't played online yet, but will eventually try it out someday.

The iDOLM@STER 2 (PS3) - After getting my butt handed to at week 10, I decided to have a go with a second song and I'm definitely doing better this time around... Need to finish some more lessons, communications and another audition/live before facing off Ryuugu Komachi again (no, I'm not going to lose this time).
Old 2011-12-30, 05:50   Link #2806
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Replaying UFO: Aftershock

Trying to assemble a pretty kick arse yet diverse team this time through. First time I played it I relied solely upon Human combat units because there were a lot of bugs regarding Psionics and Cyborgs when it first came out.

Now I just need some decent weapons. Currently still using the default alien laser weaponry with a Micro Uzi and SPAS-12 mixed in with severely limited ammunition. I've been shooting enemies to the ground then using knives to save ammunition!!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 09:50   Link #2807
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Played some Red Dead Redemption and Black Ops.

Spoiler for RDR:
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 22:05   Link #2808
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Nothing but more iDOLM@STER 2 and I backed up my saves before playing... and I realized that I completely messed up the "Keep" thing with my second song (which is "Little Match Girl". So, I have to waste my efforts and restore an earlier backup on Week 16 and finally got it done right with a higher score. Also, beaten Ryuugu Komachi at Week 21 without needing any Hell Training and I wonder, what the hell happened to them? Did they just give up or something? Anyway, producing the third song, which is "MEGARE" and need to do a quintet when I can invite Ritsuko so I can unlock the "Place of the Dragon" costume.
Old 2012-01-02, 17:01   Link #2809
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Dungeon Defenders & LaTale. Any players of those two games in AS? Especially for DD I'd like some gaming company.. The amount of retarded players is just =_= ... And when they don't even speak english *sigh*.
Old 2012-01-02, 17:09   Link #2810
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Lately.... Skyrim still takes a lot of time, though I have to admit I'm almost spending as much time finding the best mod combination as I do actually playing. My sons and I have been running Dead Island in co-op mode. I picked up a few games during the Steam Sale but haven't started any of them. I spent some money at Rock Band picking up new tunes. And my MMO EQ2 is my location a few times a week.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-01-05 at 00:41.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 05:08   Link #2811
amasposu

I decided to drop 999. Instead, I started playing Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 08:28   Link #2812
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Instead, I started playing Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
Currently paused this one at the end high-rank guild quests, it's very good but requires even more time than MMOs. Gonna pick it up again in a month or two
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 09:34   Link #2813
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Started my second playthrough of "Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword" on "Hero Mode" since I've just cleared the game this morning. Have to say that the final battle was...quite disappointing. I actually went through the trouble of prepping for what I thought was going to be a long, tough battle but...instead I beat the final boss while only losing four hearts. His previous forms that you fight earlier on in the game was MUCH more challenging. Hopefully "Hero Mode" will fill in for that.

Still loved the game overall.

I'm also looking to buy some new PS3 games...leaning towards "Ar Tonelico 3", "End of Eternity"(aka Resonance of Fate), "Disgaea 4", "Rune Factory Oceans", or "Hyper Dimension Neptunia 1+2". Hmm, decisions, decisions.
Old 2012-01-03, 22:20   Link #2814
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

As always, playing mostly Idolmaster 2 through my second play through attempt...
Oddly enough, I managed to completely freeze the game through some odd glitch. If you equip the Ryuuguu no Tsukai amulet and do a burst appeal in the rigged festival that gets interrupted in Week 32, the game just freezes up and I couldn't access the PS3 menu. Your only choice is to turn off the PS3... but yeah, it's a good idea to de-equip that temporarily so it won't happen.
Old 2012-01-04, 04:25   Link #2815
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I've been all over lately...

360: I WAS playing Duke Nukem: Forever, personally loving the game... I can get past all the problems.... I HAVE played worse. Anyway, moved over to Skyrim.... for someone who hated Oblivion, I'm actually somewhat enjoying this one.

PS3: It's been a VERY CLOSE mix of Ico/Shadows of Colossus HD Collection and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.... mostly due to Metal Gear Solid 3 being my absolute favourite game of all time.... and Shadows of Colossus being just do damn fantastic. WWE 12 has been getting some play time.... not much though..... should really get to playing Resistance 3 though...

PSP: Finally got back to playing Fate/Extra, just got to what... the 4th round? Gotta say... the story isn't what's keeping me to the game... the characters, their backstories, their personalities, their goals.... it just keeps me going~

3DS: Still playing Mario Kart 7, hating the new targeting system.... got hit with a Blue Shell, only for the guy in 2nd to pass me, and the Red Shell following him switches to me. Guy in 3rd then passes me as I'm recovering, with the Red Shell following him hitting me. As I start going, got hit with a random Green Shell. Ended up 8th on the Mirrored Rainbow Road~

PC: I had some spare money left on my Steam... so I bought some keys for Team Fortress 2. Ended up getting some good stuff. What's REALLY been keeping me playing is that I seem to be showing off my new "Flair!" item with the custom image of the Strawhat Jolly Rogers from One Piece on all of them.... yup..... I'm loving it~
Old 2012-01-04, 04:28   Link #2816
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
PS3: It's been a VERY CLOSE mix of Ico/Shadows of Colossus HD Collection and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.... mostly due to Metal Gear Solid 3 being my absolute favourite game of all time....
How does Peace Walker HD play on the PS3? The HD Collection isn't released in Australia yet - got it pre-ordered! - and I'm hanging out to see how PW plays on the PS3.

I pretty much played it straight for a month on my PSP. Damn I love that game. After the original, PW has to be my favourite MGS game.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 04:57   Link #2817
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

neptunia
wwe'12
back again playing Tekken6 and SSFIVAE
Old 2012-01-04, 05:02   Link #2818
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Demon's Souls. The boss battle against Maiden Astraea and Garl Vinland was heartbreaking. The soundtrack that plays on that stage doesn't help much either...
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 05:22   Link #2819
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
How does Peace Walker HD play on the PS3? The HD Collection isn't released in Australia yet - got it pre-ordered! - and I'm hanging out to see how PW plays on the PS3.

I pretty much played it straight for a month on my PSP. Damn I love that game. After the original, PW has to be my favourite MGS game.

Well, all in all.... each game runs alot smoother than the PS2 versions. Haven't played much of Peace Walker, but from what I have played.... it feels abit wierd at the beginning if your used to playing it on the PSP... but again, I've been playing more MGS3 than Peace Walker~

I mean, how could I not if you've seen this trailer~?

Spoiler for MGS3 Story Trailer:
Old 2012-01-04, 06:02   Link #2820
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Started Castlevania: Lords of Shadow on my PS3. Kinda reminds me of the Soul Reaver series rather than the last Castlevania I had played (which was on a N64). Very good fighting response, you can practically cancel at any point in time, rolling covers a decent distance and there are many ways to kill an opponent. Still at ch.2, so I find grabbing OP...you jump, grab-kill, grab-kill, grab-kill...and if you fall, you can always jump again Anyways, dual magic system, item efficiency varying per enemy, combo moves and a lot of stage replayability to do the trials and find secrets. 8/10 for now
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote