AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-26, 05:01   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Hanasaku Iroha - Character Discussion - Oshimizu Nako

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Oshimizu Nako related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Hanasaku Iroha fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-04-26, 17:58   Link #2
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

U~i~ha~ru~! By: Ohana

From the looks of it, I wouldn't be surprised if she really developed yuri feelings for Ohana by the end of the series.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-04-30, 19:18   Link #3
Paperhat
A llama

Shes my favorite character so far~
I just love how shy and sweet she is
Old 2011-04-30, 20:07   Link #4
abscissa

She is my favourite character this season. I always have a thing for characters who initially lacks luster, but once they shine, they're the loveliest of all.

Her cliff-diving is so hot too, seriously she's on fire on that episode.
Old 2011-05-04, 12:35   Link #5
Seihai
スマイリウム

She just won me some bonus points.

Old 2011-05-05, 00:38   Link #6
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
She just won me some bonus points.

Such beautiful hair drawing...

ANd the artist is simply incredibly skillful
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
U~i~ha~ru~! By: Ohana

From the looks of it, I wouldn't be surprised if she really developed yuri feelings for Ohana by the end of the series.
I approve this...
Old 2011-06-05, 11:53   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So, Nako has little brothers, huh. As Ohana said, Nako definitely has a "onee-chan" feel to her. I hope her brothers know how lucky they are to have such a lovely, gentle and caring -or in a single word: perfect- older sister.

Bumping this thread because the girls need more love. Ko and Tooru seem to be hogging all the attention here!
Old 2011-06-05, 14:28   Link #8
sikvod00

Nako is like me! She leaves her T.V. on before going to bed so she doesn't feel as lonely. Although in my case, I mute it; the flashing images of the people in the box comforts me more than the sounds. :O
Old 2011-06-05, 19:39   Link #9
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Effin loove Nako (as you can see). She's so adorable~

And I'm a sucker for thigh-highs. :P
Old 2011-06-05, 19:49   Link #10
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Nako was kind of a cipher for me until this week - the archtypical soft-voiced sidekick. But the bit with the TV really worked with me for some reason - I was intrigued when she was doing it, and liked the explanation. It's nice to feel like you really know something about her for a change.
Old 2011-06-11, 13:51   Link #11
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

We got some bit of good characterization with Nako and the tv. Aww God so adorable~
Old 2011-06-19, 18:06   Link #12
kusanagi25

Just read chapter 4 and it looks like Nako wrote the yuri bath scene. In the manga it was only her and Ohana
Old 2011-07-07, 07:57   Link #13
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusanagi25 View Post
Just read chapter 4 and it looks like Nako wrote the yuri bath scene. In the manga it was only her and Ohana
Wait, what? She wrote what?! :O

edit: Naw, it was still the author that wrote that. Nako didn't do anything.

Last edited by blakstealth; 2011-07-07 at 08:17.
Old 2011-07-07, 08:39   Link #14
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

After seeing how incredibly popular Minko and Yuina are among the boys at school, I've been wondering about Nako's popularity. With that rocking body and her shy personality, she ought to be very popular as well. I know she's the one I'd be going after I had to choose between the three.
Old 2011-07-07, 20:31   Link #15
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
After seeing how incredibly popular Minko and Yuina are among the boys at school, I've been wondering about Nako's popularity. With that rocking body and her shy personality, she ought to be very popular as well. I know she's the one I'd be going after I had to choose between the three.
She probably keeps it to herself, just so that she doesn't hurt anyone's feelings.
Old 2011-07-13, 09:39   Link #16
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

We need more Nako. I will rather see the author left all of the romances (Ko, Tohru, Minchi) ending open, than finishing the season without an episode focusing on Nako
Old 2011-08-02, 01:29   Link #17
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Letting the handsome prince drown ... check

Getting grossed out when boys touch her ... check

Almost hyperventilating when talked to by random woman on the street ... check.

:everythinggoesbetterthenexpected:
Old 2011-08-03, 14:38   Link #18
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

When she was in that outfit...good God, so adorable. x3
Old 2011-08-15, 10:15   Link #19
deadite

Nako seems to be more than prepared for the trials of motherhood. She raises 3 kids on a daily basis, has a relatively good income from work and she practically runs the household. I doubt her becoming pregnant in high school will change her life so much.

I have a little theory which explains why Nako has a large age gap with the rest of her siblings. Nako was probably conceived when her parents were still very young, maybe during their high school years. They learned from their mistake and practiced safe sex until they finished college and were stable enough from their work to get married. This probably happened 10 years after Nako's birth.
Old 2011-08-20, 09:17   Link #20
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Kishida Mel's favourite Hanasaku Iroha character

Kishida Mel at Singapore Toy, Game & Comic Convention (Aug 20, 2011).
By TinyRedLeaf (Creative Commons attribution licence)

He also displayed a few as yet unpublished production sketches for the Hanasaku Iroha cast (pardon the poor-quality photos). Incidentally, Kishida-san mentioned that he doesn't actually have a preference for drawing girls — it just happens that he is usually commissioned to design female characters. So, he often relishes the opportunity to draw male characters, like Tohru, for example.

Last edited by TinyRedLeaf; 2011-08-20 at 09:35.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters