AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-08, 19:21   Link #141
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

T o be honest, I don't like the airing time. (For the chance its get financial success)

Airing at midnight will mean there is less casual audience to net.. I thought the best that they can do is airing in more friendly time for casual audience and trying to boost manga sales (especially if they re-release older volume)
The manga have more than 100 volume right now.. Imagine if they got sales boost from the anime like what usually happen from manga to anime adaptation, the potential is crazy.

But at midnight, its basically just selling the anime because the audience is pretty limited (Otaku group)
I don't like the chance if they just targeting to sell disc.. except Dio's swag can cause miracle lol.

I really hope we got confirmation about the length soon.
Old 2012-09-08, 20:13   Link #142
GreatTeacherKen

I rather like the anime's designs for the Phantom Blood arc; I felt the original manga's artwork for this arc is kind of off-putting in that the male characters are overly muscular and seem to move strangely though Araki's artwork improves immensely over the course of the series.

The first arc is the shortest, only 44 chapters which are mostly in the 20-30 page range, so if the anime studio doesn't extend or pad things out, it should be over relatively quickly.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 20:29   Link #143
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
I rather like the anime's designs for the Phantom Blood arc; I felt the original manga's artwork for this arc is kind of off-putting in that the male characters are overly muscular and seem to move strangely though Araki's artwork improves immensely over the course of the series.

The first arc is the shortest, only 44 chapters which are mostly in the 20-30 page range, so if the anime studio doesn't extend or pad things out, it should be over relatively quickly.
I could see it being extended but it could go either way I guess. I can definently say that either way it's only covering Phantom Blood till we're told other wise. Considering that Araki's response to the last rushed adaption of Phantom Blood was to ensure a physical release never saw the light of day I assume they'll be treating it and any other parts they may adapt with care and decent pacing so rushing to get to Battle Tendency is most definently not happening.

Well anyway let's just hope it does well. Any guess on who'll do the OP song? I would definently think it'd be a male singer but I'm not sure who they could get...
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 02:07   Link #144
whitecloud

well...the design still still ok i guess it could be be modified a bit to be a bit "smooth i guess just like hunter x hunter remake...

P.S: anybody hope fist of north star could be made too...?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 05:09   Link #145
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
The HnK movies and OAV were hit or miss. I don't think that adding random Girl of The Movie, in an effort to make it more appealing to today's audience, was a good move. Imo, the one salvageable thing about them were Yuki Kajiura's scores.
Old 2012-09-09, 06:16   Link #146
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
T o be honest, I don't like the airing time. (For the chance its get financial success)

Airing at midnight will mean there is less casual audience to net.. I thought the best that they can do is airing in more friendly time for casual audience and trying to boost manga sales (especially if they re-release older volume)
The manga have more than 100 volume right now.. Imagine if they got sales boost from the anime like what usually happen from manga to anime adaptation, the potential is crazy.

But at midnight, its basically just selling the anime because the audience is pretty limited (Otaku group)
I don't like the chance if they just targeting to sell disc.. except Dio's swag can cause miracle lol.

I really hope we got confirmation about the length soon.
Well, casual audience or not, it should be noted that both shows which are airing on the slots Jojo is expected to take over on Tokyo MX and MBS are pretty successful right now.

Accel World airs at 12:30am on Friday nights on Tokyo MX, and it's selling ~10k per volume.
Kuroko's Basketball airs at 2am on Saturday nights on MBS, and it's selling ~20k per volume.

Ultimately it depends on whether the anime itself is appealing or well produced, which is a huge question because we've seen nothing from the actual show, and the marketing in general seems almost non-existent. Those are far worse signs than the timeslot I would say.

Edit: Since there are no other posts I'll just add this here. High-resolution look at the main character designs:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by duckroll; 2012-09-11 at 09:02.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 08:49   Link #147
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Images

Jojo TV anime OP/ED announced!

OP theme:
Jojo ~That blood destiny~
Music: Kohei Tanaka
Vocals: Hiroaki "Tommy" Tominaga

ED theme:
Roundabout
Music: Jon Anderson/Steve Howe
Performance: YES
Old 2012-09-14, 09:00   Link #148
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
They managed to get a famous british prog rock band working on the ED? Seriously?!? It's like something Araki would have approved.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 09:15   Link #149
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
They managed to get a famous british prog rock band working on the ED? Seriously?!? It's like something Araki would have approved.
Its a old song, really eccentric choice.
Old 2012-09-14, 09:44   Link #150
Jetzero Infinity

Interesting choices there. Can't find anything on the vocalist for the opening though...
Old 2012-09-14, 09:47   Link #151
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I don't know about how the opening theme so I can't expect anything aside from Tanaka's involvement, but the ending theme by Yes fits the show perfectly due to Araki's obsession with pop art and Western culture (based from what I heard). Bonus points if the ending appears to have a modern version of "Roundabout" song and how it depicts Danny (the show's dog) in humorous aspects.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 09:47   Link #152
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
Interesting choices there. Can't find anything on the vocalist for the opening though...
http://music.geocities.jp/tommyzoh/tommyhp05_002.htm
Old 2012-09-14, 09:51   Link #153
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Thanks for the link. Just going of the some of the samples for his songs there's a definite 80's pop vibe going so it would certainly fit the series...not too sure how well today's crowd will react to that though
Old 2012-09-14, 09:54   Link #154
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Its a old song, really eccentric choice.
OOps, my bad. The choice is not that eccentric, when you know Araki's constant referencing to pop, rock, metal and prog.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 09:55   Link #155
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I just listen to a Tommy's (the show's opening performer) song called "Dangerous Fight" and like Jetzero said, it might fit the show's 80's vibes and manly looks so I liked it.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 11:04   Link #156
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Images

Jojo TV anime OP/ED announced!

OP theme:
Jojo ~That blood destiny~
Music: Kohei Tanaka
Vocals: Hiroaki "Tommy" Tominaga

ED theme:
Roundabout
Music: Jon Anderson/Steve Howe
Performance: YES
Wow - Roundabout as the ED? That's pretty cool. I saw Yes play that at Alpine Valley Wisconsin xx years ago...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 11:43   Link #157
ellifeedn
Thinker

Is this ED just for the first part?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 12:42   Link #158
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
YES is the name of the group to perform the ED?
Old 2012-09-14, 13:07   Link #159
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
the ending theme by Yes fits the show perfectly due to Araki's obsession with pop art and Western culture (based from what I heard).
That's pretty true and well known. There is a number of interviews and documentaries where he takes some time just to showoff display his enormous music collection and prove how much of a music nut he really is , not to mention the goodies he added in the Viz release of Stardust Crusaders just for the English fandom.

I wouldn't be surprised if we learn he requested it specifically here.
Old 2012-09-14, 21:42   Link #160
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Is this ED just for the first part?
no confirmation for how far the adaptation goes

so yes, let's just assume that for now

Tags
fabulous