AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-22, 15:01   Link #1
Falkor

Nurarihyon no Mago (TV)

NeoSam and AnymX have just announced a TV Anime Adaptation for Nurarihyon no Mago.

Summary
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-U
Rikuo Nura, a middleschooler who is three-fourths human and a quarter demon, lives in a house full of spirits along with his demon grandfather. Trying to keep his human and demon sides separate, Rikuo does good deeds in order to seem more like a "good" human and avoid his classmates' suspicions. However, the older he grows, the more difficult it becomes to avoid both his demon persona and his obligations as the grandson of not just any demon, but the master of all spirits! Rikuo's grandfather is looking to make him into his successor, but what does Rikuo want?

Covers
:

Spoiler for space:

also, the Drama CD will be available in December.

manga thread.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 15:54   Link #2
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
It was only a matter of time based on its popularity, still seems a bit early for the anime though.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 19:13   Link #3
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Nah its not too early I mean the series has had a lot of time too build up a few arcs and plots. Believe me, when this anime aires it will be most likely a 24-26 spin off. If where lucky 27+.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 19:38   Link #4
Mizuno
Undefined

This is definitely going to be a long-running series like Fairy Tail. At least it's got the potential to go far.

And I thought they'd wait until the drama cd is released before an anime announcement.
Old 2009-11-22, 20:09   Link #5
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
This is definitely going to be a long-running series like Fairy Tail. At least it's got the potential to go far.

And I thought they'd wait until the drama cd is released before an anime announcement.
I hope so, too.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 21:34   Link #6
blewin

wow, about time! But I agree with Mizuno. They could have waited longer, at least till this Kyoto arc's done. Now I can expect lots of fillers. Still, I hope this upcoming anime will be a long one. At least 50+. It's got heaps of potential for some interesting stories if the fillers are handled correctly.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 21:35   Link #7
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
I hope the art is going to be consistent with the manga and the color palette similar to that of the cover's. The subtle art differences is going to make or break the adaptation, and it's not just the serious = dark, colorful = bright/comedic.

Nevertheless, I'm glad we're getting an adaptation!
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 03:01   Link #8
Albafica
Pisces no saint

The art seems good, I will try some episodes to see if it's my taste .
Old 2009-11-23, 03:41   Link #9
Westlo
Lets be reality

I have to say I didn't find the initial chapters all that good to be honest, but after the first 8-10 it has quickly become my favorite current title in WSJ (Not upto date on One Piece). Only thing it needs to do is drop a certain aspect.. I lol everytime it gets to a chapter on the high school gang (which is very rare now thankfully) Mago's ranking in WSJ TOC drops. If they target Spring 2010 for the anime only around 100 chapters will be out by than.. oh well didn't D.Gray Man start out with less? I just hope they keep the manga art style and that a good studio is attached to this and not Pierrot.

Btw here's the drama cd voice cast

Nura Rikuo: Fukuyama Jun (very suited)
Yukionna: Horie Yui
Ienaga Kana: Aya Hirano
Keikain Yura: Maeda Ai
Nurarihyon: Ootsuka Chikao
Kurotabou: Toriumi Kousuke
Aotabou: Yasumoto Hiroki
Kubinashi: Sakurai Takahiro
Zen: Sugita Tomokazu
Gyuuki: Nakata Jyouji
Gozumaru: Yoshino Hiroyuki
Mezumaru: Hoshi Souichiro

Pity we won't find out Kitsune's VA for a long time. Mago is already becoming pretty big from just the manga alone, will be interesting to see how big it gets with an anime adaption.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 06:37   Link #10
Mizuno
Undefined

D. Grayman's fillers were pretty painful to watch.
Old 2009-11-23, 07:16   Link #11
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I have to say I didn't find the initial chapters all that good to be honest, but after the first 8-10 it has quickly become my favorite current title in WSJ.
What's so good about it after the 8-10 chapters? I don't care for being spoiled.
Old 2009-11-23, 08:06   Link #12
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
What's so good about it after the 8-10 chapters? I don't care for being spoiled.
Short answer, it actually gets interesting. Longer answer the high school parts and characters are the weakest part about the manga and they are more in the start than later parts. The rare chapters lately that feature them are when Mago drops in WSJ rankings usually... The start isn't exactly terrible but if you read the first 10 chapters you'll probably go "wtf @ all this praise for Mago" that most WSJ readers are giving it lately. Of course most shounen fighting manga starts out slowly and doesn't get going until it hits the first main arc, Mago is no exception.
Old 2009-11-23, 08:34   Link #13
gonzo562

Quote:
I have to say I didn't find the initial chapters all that good to be honest, but after the first 8-10 it has quickly become my favorite current title in WSJ (Not upto date on One Piece). Only thing it needs to do is drop a certain aspect.. I lol everytime it gets to a chapter on the high school gang (which is very rare now thankfully) Mago's ranking in WSJ TOC drops. If they target Spring 2010 for the anime only around 100 chapters will be out by than.. oh well didn't D.Gray Man start out with less? I just hope they keep the manga art style and that a good studio is attached to this and not Pierrot.

Btw here's the drama cd voice cast

Nura Rikuo: Fukuyama Jun (very suited)
Yukionna: Horie Yui
Ienaga Kana: Aya Hirano
Keikain Yura: Maeda Ai
Nurarihyon: Ootsuka Chikao
Kurotabou: Toriumi Kousuke
Aotabou: Yasumoto Hiroki
Kubinashi: Sakurai Takahiro
Zen: Sugita Tomokazu
Gyuuki: Nakata Jyouji
Gozumaru: Yoshino Hiroyuki
Mezumaru: Hoshi Souichiro

Pity we won't find out Kitsune's VA for a long time. Mago is already becoming pretty big from just the manga alone, will be interesting to see how big it gets with an anime adaption.
d gray man had a ton of filler though. Man cant wait for the anime to come out. VA cast seems to be pretty good. I a little skeptical with aya hirano voicing yura. Lets pray she does a good job and provides a new voice not the same ole haruhi voice
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 09:10   Link #14
Key Board
Carbon

Do they have a good place to stop?

I'm guessing they're going to cover up the weasel arc

if they sync things with manga then perhaps it can go so far up to the Kyoto/kitsune arc
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 09:40   Link #15
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Of course most shounen fighting manga starts out slowly and doesn't get going until it hits the first main arc, Mago is no exception.
Yeah, that does seem to hit on the truth; well, with the exception of Bleach.
Old 2009-11-23, 16:49   Link #16
Falkor

after the announcement of a Drama CD, the next logic step would be an anime adaptation... :P but I'm kinda surprised to see it announced so soon. I think there's enough material for an anime, with or without fillers. something like 24-26 episodes would be nice, though I wouldn't mind if there's more, as long as they remain somewhat faithful to the source material.

and hopefully they can get a good budget. I want my mago to be as stylish as they possibly can. did I mention the main character is awesome?

now, if only they can get to animate Bakuman and Ane-doki from Jump... :P
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 17:58   Link #17
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Started reading this yesterday after the announcement on ANN and I have to say that I like it a lot and shonen isn't usually up my alley. Probably because I like stories that contain traditional Japanese spirits and this show has an insane amount of them.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 19:04   Link #18
myopius

Yeah, sooner than expected, but a really welcome event. Horie Yui is my favorite seiyuu and Yuki Onna is my #4 favorite character, so if the drama CD actors carry over, that will be an awesome combination.

I suppose it would be possible to have only 26 episodes, but I really would like at least 52. Even if there were filler like D.Gray-man, actually, if it could continue to follow the manga, I would be happy about that. =)

Last edited by myopius; 2010-07-09 at 06:33.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 19:12   Link #19
Jze0
Hmmm...

Cool, this made my day. Glad an anime adaptation was announced but I also agree that the time in which this was announced is far too early. They could of waited another year or two... well whatever looking forward to it regardless.
Old 2009-11-24, 02:22   Link #20
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'll be surprised if this isn't at least 52 episodes... as for Bakuman it will probably get adapted when it's completely finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Yeah, that does seem to hit on the truth; well, with the exception of Bleach.
Oh come on, Soul Society was alright

Tags
fantasy, shounen