AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-09-09, 23:14   Link #161
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

October needs to hurry up, I can barely take it anymore. Fate/zero has a one hour long premiere, Guilty Crown's new PV is all kinds of win and it's 2-cour, Horizon keeps looking awesome, UN-GO's new PVs are awesome, not to mention P4, AGE, and HxH. My heart can't take waiting much more. ;_;
Old 2011-09-11, 00:49   Link #162
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
This season probably holds the record for most shows I'm interested in since I've started following anime season to season. I mean let's just break this down here.

Guaranteed To Finish:

Gundam Age (I mean really was there ever any doubt)
Gundam Unicorn Episode 04
Guilty Crown

Guaranteed To Try:

Horizon on The Middle of Nowhere
Last Exile: Fam of The Silver Wing
Fate/Zero
Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle

Will watch if I have time:
Shakugan No Shana Final
Hunter x Hunter
Persona 4: The Animation

That's 10 shows to check out. Most seasons barely manage 1 or 2 shows that I'm interested in. I consider a great season one that has 4. Again....this has 10!
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 20:24   Link #163
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
This season probably holds the record for most shows I'm interested in since I've started following anime season to season. I mean let's just break this down here.

Guaranteed To Finish:

Gundam Age (I mean really was there ever any doubt)
Gundam Unicorn Episode 04
Guilty Crown

Guaranteed To Try:

Horizon on The Middle of Nowhere
Last Exile: Fam of The Silver Wing
Fate/Zero
Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle

Will watch if I have time:
Shakugan No Shana Final
Hunter x Hunter
Persona 4: The Animation

That's 10 shows to check out. Most seasons barely manage 1 or 2 shows that I'm interested in. I consider a great season one that has 4. Again....this has 10!
Well, this has been a good year for anime, hasn't it?
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 07:01   Link #164
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Well, this has been a good year for anime, hasn't it?
Generally seems to be considered the best year of anime since 2007.. and Fall is potentially the best season of this year. 08-10 were quite the let down compared to 05-07 so it's good to see a bounce back year.... I think Fall 11 could challenge Spring 07 as my fav anime season ever if shows fulfill their potential and some sleepers turn out really good.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 06:09   Link #165
Bri

Not much that interests me this fall. Noitamina carries it as usual.

Production IG doing a sci-fi in this slot looks interesting, wonder what they can make of it. Un-go is done by Bones which makes it pretty mandatory for me.

Gundam Age: Yet another separate alternate universe Gundam...this time competing with the ever popular tokusatsu for the younger viewers. Not too promising. Still, it's useful for getting some new blood in the fanbase, but will it deliver for long time fans? We'll see.

Looks like a nice season to dig in to the back catalog.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 20:27   Link #166
webkid94
*Author

Pretty great selection of choices, though there's a lot of sequels to shows i don't watch (Working, Shana, etc.)

Definite Watch:
UN-GO
Mirai Nikki
Guilty Crown
Ben-to

Probable Watch:
Gundam AGE (Those character designs...)
Kimi to Boku
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 21:20   Link #167
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Let's see .... (based on 1st post poster)

Ika Musume
Coppelion

...and TWGoK's OVA
... also BEN-TO if it's out
Old 2011-09-20, 01:27   Link #168
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Copellion is cancelled on the fall 2011 anime line up because it talks about nuclear moments.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 03:07   Link #169
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^Oh Japan.. Always having me facepalming at you. Exactly how does it matter if the anime talks about nuclear moments? The incident happened over half an year ago, are you gonna be like this forever? Anything nuclear-ish is banned... To begin with, I don't even understand why does it matter if game/anime has events about nuclear or tsunami etc. So, Japan had that disaster, but what harm is the game/anime exactly going to cause?

Too bad about Coppelion, wanted to watch that one. Still, Fall looks best of this year, and probably one of the best seasons in few years. I don't remember all the names, neither got the most updated list at hand right now, but ones I will definitely watch are :

Persona 4
Guilty Crown
Fate/Zero
Mirai Nikki
SnS - Not so interested in Shana anymore but as I used to be a huge fan (of S1) I need to finish this series.

Aside from these five, if I recall correctly, there were 17 series at total I was going to check out. A whopping 17!. This or last season there wasn't even 10 series to check out, let alone watch.
Old 2011-09-20, 03:13   Link #170
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
^Oh Japan.. Always having me facepalming at you. Exactly how does it matter if the anime talks about nuclear moments? The incident happened over half an year ago, are you gonna be like this forever? Anything nuclear-ish is banned... To begin with, I don't even understand why does it matter if game/anime has events about nuclear or tsunami etc. So, Japan had that disaster, but what harm is the game/anime exactly going to cause?
Well it's a little bit more specific than that, to the point where parallels can't helped but be drawn.

This shouldn't come as a surprise at all.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 04:00   Link #171
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

So I'll go through what I plan to check out next season.

Definitely checking out.

Hunter x Hunter - Highly acclaimed shonen manga that is often compared with the best of them. People say it would sell as much as the big 3 if it had an anime actually still following its manga. Madhouse possibly returning from their bad times now that they're done with the superhero craze? Count me in.

Chihayafura - Madhouse again, but they're adapting a highly acclaimed josei manga. I really liked the work on Nana and the director of that is returning for this josei manga so another anime to be very interested in.

Gundam Age - It's Gundam, enough said. Rarely has a Gundam not been at least entertaining, so hopeful that I will get more of the same.

Guilty Crown - 2 cours, production IG, gorgeous visuals, great composer, great staff in general. Notamina block to boot, so expect a more mature story at the very least. What's there not to like?

UN-GO - Notamina always carries at least 1 good series, so this gets a mandatory trial. It's BONES, and while their name has made me more skeptical lately, I can least expect good production values I guess. Adapting a famous Japanese novel in this manner is interesting.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - 4 cour show by Sunrise that will definitely have excellent visuals. Positive reactions form the crowd who saw the first episode. Director proclaims it to be competing with the best of them. Looks like it will be some crazy fun. Might be the new Code Geass like anime in some ways.

Persona 4 - Game is famous enough and AIC has good production values so it's definitely worth more than passing interest.

Fate/Zero - Most hyped anime of the season for me. Gen, ufotable, and Kaijura + type/moon fanboyism = one happy camper.

Mashiro-Iro Symphony - Seems like a fairly gneeric VN adaption, but what earns my interest is that Manglobe is doing this as their first ever VN adaption. I've liked almost every Manglobe anime save sacred boob smith. That's enough for me to be on board.

Last Exile Fam - Previous series was Gonzou's crowning jewel, an excellent series. Lets see if they can deliver again.

Maji De Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! - Really loved the visual novel. Studio behind is currently doing Carnival Phantasm which I am enjoying. The PV made me skeptical because it showed a bunch of fanservice that wasn't exactly present in the VN, but still have high hopes for this one.

Mirai Nikki - Hot yandere girl, highly acclaimed manga, interesting PV. Count me in.

Shana III - Loved first season, hated second season, but kamisama no memo-chou gives me hopes that this could be good. I will remain hopeful but skeptical going into this one.

---

If I have time I plan to check out some other series and keep a look out for what ends up turning out good.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 05:21   Link #172
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
So I'll go through what I plan to check out next season.

Definitely checking out.

Hunter x Hunter - Highly acclaimed shonen manga that is often compared with the best of them. People say it would sell as much as the big 3 if it had an anime actually still following its manga. Madhouse possibly returning from their bad times now that they're done with the superhero craze? Count me in.
It actually outsells Bleach easily and is about on par with Naruto right now. That's with no anime currently and the manga series being on hiatus for the majority of the last 4 years.

If this new series works out and captures a new generation of fans than Hunter X Hunter will be second to only One Piece.
Old 2011-09-20, 05:36   Link #173
Aqua Knight

Fate/Zero - definitely watch

A question to you guys. If I didn't touch,read and watch anything in Persona world, can I watch the series easily?
And the same for Hunter x Hunter.
Old 2011-09-20, 06:34   Link #174
Dist

^See the Persona 4 topic for that. I myself asked the same question having not played the game. The experience you have or don't have in other Persona games is irrelevant because those are not related to each another in any way.

You could if you want, watch Persona 3 : Trinity Soul that is spinoff of the P3 game first to see what kind of series you can expect. P4 should be about same but with different setting.
Old 2011-09-20, 06:39   Link #175
Westlo
Lets be reality

Hunter X Hunter is starting from the beginning, it's meant for people who haven't seen it before really, they want the next generation to watch this.

Quote:
You could if you want, watch Persona 3 : Trinity Soul that is spinoff of the P3 game first to see what kind of series you can expect. P4 should be about same but with different setting.
They honestly won't be anything alike in tone, characters or story.
Old 2011-09-20, 06:49   Link #176
Dist

Well duh, I told you the setting is different. Setting includes things such as story and characters -_-. That doesn't mean they're completely two different series. Personas are still there, to start with. As well as some other things.. Best not to spoil though.
Old 2011-09-20, 07:04   Link #177
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
^Oh Japan.. Always having me facepalming at you.
That's not confirmed, it's just speculation by some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - 4 cour show by Sunrise that will definitely have excellent visuals. Positive reactions form the crowd who saw the first episode. Director proclaims it to be competing with the best of them. Looks like it will be some crazy fun. Might be the new Code Geass like anime in some ways.
Horizon isn't 4-cour.
Old 2011-09-20, 07:35   Link #178
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
A question to you guys. If I didn't touch,read and watch anything in Persona world, can I watch the series easily?
If you're worry that they would be referencing past materials, I can say it shouldn't be a problem. Just treat it like your regular modern fantasy-ish adventure story, you'll need to pick up some new words of course but nothing that requires a notepad.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 00:27   Link #179
solomon

It feels so long since I've taken an interest in a new crop of shows.

Well, Kimi to Boku seems interesting because it's just about dudes. Not chicks not yoai fantasy gay guys just dudes.

Mirai Nikki is probably the show everyone is salivating over. I've never heard of it aside from it's hype but after reading a synopsis it sounds interesting.

Phi-Brain has a cool concept and Sunrise seems to be putting out some slick work visually so I'll give it a go.

Then there are the Noitamina shows. They have their shiny and their groady parts based on their previews for me.

-Un-Go; I cream when I hear of anything written by Sho Aikawa and Seiji Mizushima is a great director (I actually liked Hanamaru more than 00 ). And it seems like an interesting premise. Not into the whole Bishonen and random cute shouta char gimmick but you do what you gotta for the chick demos I guess.

-Guilty Crown; Everyone seems amped on this one. Director Tetsuro Araki is cool for Death Note and H.O.T.D. so that's good. Frankly the synopsis seems as trite as hell (cmon Yoshino could be any more derivative of Geass and Frontier) but whatever it's the execution that counts and the animation will be SICK. So I'll give it a go.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 10:00   Link #180
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

The "OMG, there's a childhood friend in the cast, must see if they win!" list- (guranteed to finish)
Maken Ki
Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai
Phi brain
Mobile Suit Gundam AGE

The "Hmm... I highly suspect there's a childhood friend, so I must find out!" list- (guaranteed to watch)
Chihayafuru
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Guilty Crown
Mashiro-iro Symphony

The "Need to avoid like a plague list because childhood friend is (almost) guaranteed to lose" list- (almost guaranteed to drop)
Fate zero

The "WTF, nothing to ship?" list- (might not even give it a chance)
Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi
Tamayura
Kimi to Boku

The "Looking for something to ship, thus must watch at least 3 episodes" list - (will give it a chance)
C3
Horizon
Ben-To
UN-GO
Busuo Shinki
Last Exile

The "I stopped following the original material so I can watch the anime without getting bored" list - (guaranteed to finish)
Bakuman
Working
Mirai Niki

The "Since I already know what's going to happen, I'm only forcing myself to finish this because the biggest fan of Atlus" list- (will watch in my spare time)
Persona 4

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
series