AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-26, 14:17   Link #1161
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...This isn't KyoAni and Kadokawa after all
Now that's just low.

And now I'm depressed.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-01-26, 17:53   Link #1162
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
I donno, there doesn't seem to be enough novel material to stretch out a season 3 + 4 (assuming they're leaving NT for a stand alone season).

I mean sure, they can animate the rest of the short stories, but if they reach vol 17, they pretty much have to animate up to vol 19, and that'll only leave vol 20-22 for season 4.

Unless of course they resort to anime-only story arcs to fill up space.
The most common guess for the next season is:

Index III: Vol.14-18 and Index IV: Vol.19-22

And with that the first long arc of the series will end.

If you want to fill up space the studio have the side stories like 16.5 about the Gemstones incident and the side stories about Norse Mythology and Kanzaki.
Old 2012-01-29, 18:37   Link #1163
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So i just started reading the index novels. As a reference point which volume and or chapter did the second tv series end at?
Old 2012-01-29, 20:23   Link #1164
Miraluka
Banned

It ended at SS1 except the chapter the chapter 3 which is the part before Accelerator and Touma fought Skill Out simultaneously.
Old 2012-01-29, 22:27   Link #1165
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
In fact if the Index third season comes before Railgun II it only will cover about 1/3 of the remaining novels leaving space enough for a 4th season and 5th season with NT series. Btw, the director won't go for a original ending since he didn't so for the first and second season.
Yeah, it was just something in my head that made me think that most animes with multiple seasons would end at three, at least when I remind myself of SnSIII but end up forgetting Natsume Yuuchijou(which already has season 4 airing).

Quote:
A common misconception is that JC Staff makes all the decision- But that's not true, the decision on when to animate what doesn't rest with J.C.Staff alone, but with ASCII Media Works, Geneon, and all the other partners in the Production Committee. That being said, the Raildex Franchise is at a very high point right now making money for all parties across all mediums. There's no reason not to continue when you have the momentum...
That helps, thanks for clarifying that. You too Wilfriback.
Old 2012-01-30, 00:51   Link #1166
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
So i just started reading the index novels. As a reference point which volume and or chapter did the second tv series end at?
Adding on to what Wilfriback said- SS1 is chronologically after Vol 13, in case you need to know where that stands on the timeline.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-01-30 at 20:26. Reason: typo
Old 2012-01-30, 19:58   Link #1167
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
It ended at SS1 except the chapter the chapter 3 which is the part before Accelerator and Touma fought Skill Out simultaneously.
Quote:
Adding on to what Wilfriback said- SS1 is chronologically after Vol 13, in case you need to know that that stands on the timeline.
thanks a lot
Old 2012-02-01, 16:34   Link #1168
ellifeedn
Thinker

If I wanted to speculate how psychic powers in other series would rate in Toaru, which thread could I do that in?
Old 2012-02-01, 21:45   Link #1169
tsunade666

most likely ability thread.
Old 2012-02-14, 12:43   Link #1170
Sumeragi
Banned

Does anyone remember what the name of the tone Ruiko was humming in Index-tan III was? I remember it being French.
Old 2012-02-14, 16:40   Link #1171
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Does anyone remember what the name of the tone Ruiko was humming in Index-tan III was? I remember it being French.
Something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I found out what was Saten singing in Index-tan 3. It's a french song called "Emmanuelle".
Spoiler for Emmanuelle:
Old 2012-02-25, 16:58   Link #1172
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Question: When characters reference other esper's "calculations" does that mean their brain is performing these calculations almost passively like any other thought, or are the users literally figuring out the calculations on the fly like they would during a math problem?

If it's the latter, then would they be classified as geniuses of some sort? And is the ability to raise kids to the level of math they need to have powers the main roadblock that prevents other countries from getting espers?
Old 2012-02-25, 17:01   Link #1173
ellifeedn
Thinker

People with psychic powers are, usually in fiction, smarter than normal people.
Old 2012-02-25, 18:26   Link #1174
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Question: When characters reference other esper's "calculations" does that mean their brain is performing these calculations almost passively like any other thought, or are the users literally figuring out the calculations on the fly like they would during a math problem?

If it's the latter, then would they be classified as geniuses of some sort? And is the ability to raise kids to the level of math they need to have powers the main roadblock that prevents other countries from getting espers?
The latter yes- Most of the stronger Espers (Level 4 and 5) have rather insane computing skills, but I think this depends on the type of abilities- The most common calculation intense ability that we know so far are the teleportation skills, but every other Espers has been shown to be a 'genius' in some form. A Level 1 Uiharu is one of the best hackers in the entire Academy City.

No, the main roadblock preventing other countries is simply technology and technique.
Old 2012-02-25, 21:37   Link #1175
HasuMasu
*Artist

That's the case despite it being mentioned that to an esper, using their ability is no more than moving their limbs.
Old 2012-02-26, 00:12   Link #1176
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
That's the case despite it being mentioned that to an esper, using their ability is no more than moving their limbs.
Accelerator is the case in point that even moving your limps requires the use of your brain's calculating skills so it doesn't contradict anything.
Old 2012-02-26, 00:28   Link #1177
Sumeragi
Banned

It's instinct, people. Do you calculate how much force you need to use when throwing a basketball? No, you do it by instinct after practice.
Old 2012-03-21, 07:46   Link #1178
kantou

I want to know the capacity Kihara Enshuu ???
Old 2012-03-21, 09:17   Link #1179
tsunade666

capacity? what do you mean by capacity? and I think it would be better to ask that at novel thread because she is from the latest book which isn't animated yet.
Old 2012-03-27, 02:42   Link #1180
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i havent readed all the novels, just from novel 14 onward, but people had mentioned in the LN thread that touma IB was nerfed in AC,is this speculation from the change that before it affected people around him and now i doesnt?, or it was mentioned in the novels?

Tags
q&a