Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-01, 13:13   Link #41
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Yeah, Kakuzu didn't stop Naruto, Naruto couldn't maintain his jutsu long enough.
Differently speaking this is a Naruto "Ooops I Did it Again" moment.
Hmm yeah, I guess Kakuzu didn't stop Naruto (why not? Naruto isn't that fast, and if Kakuzu has the time to turn around with all those tentacles of his, I don't see why he shouldn't be able to use them to stop Naruto).
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 13:23   Link #42
chuckcsf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
Hmm yeah, I guess Kakuzu didn't stop Naruto (why not? Naruto isn't that fast, and if Kakuzu has the time to turn around with all those tentacles of his, I don't see why he shouldn't be able to use them to stop Naruto).
I am thinking that this maybe is one of the "change" in Naruto and that he is actually a lot faster????? Or Kakuzu is a lot slower????? Usually Naruto and his clones get owned when he is fighting a fast enemy.
chuckcsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 13:27   Link #43
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Come on... this chapter isn't that bad ^^'
I kinda liked (yeah ... I know... I like them all when I see the kyuubi brat)
Hmmm ... the cutting the bridge away... the more I see that frame, the more Sasuke x Naruto is invading my mind XD
More seriously now. I added an illustration.
This time it's reproduced with Photoshop and a Wacom Volito tablet ( I've got to get used to those things >_< )

So ... what do you think? Should I try tablet illustrations more often or keep to the paper & pencil versions ?
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 13:32   Link #44
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
So ... what do you think? Should I try tablet illustrations more often or keep to the paper & pencil versions ?
It has a nice touch to it.

On topic:

Ok chapter. Though I feel as if Naruto is not getting the love he deserves. I like his childishness, but would like for him to look more and more like Yondaime. Last chapter was a good setup for the Yondaime mirror effect, but this chapter took that. Hopefully they can remedy this next week.
ILikeSquiReLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 13:54   Link #45
Sakuyakun

This buildup went down the drain. It's not that it didn't do a 1 hit kill, but it was just a massive "fart" attack. The air didn't even got hurt dammit.

It would be funny if the whole manga failed as the fans abandoned it because of a joke chapter , and the mangaka says "oh crap, what have I done..."
Sakuyakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 14:05   Link #46
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Why are people so surprised for? Naruto coming out from nowhere and one shotting Akatsuki members (who by the way is holding his own against all of them at the same time) is simply too far-stretched.

Plot wise, it would be odd too as it would make Naruto just like Sasuke in the end (actually the statement about letting the team mates shove off so he can be the star of the show indicates it already). I do agree though that Naruto should have done a little bit more damage but I am disappointed in Kakazu. How could someone who make Kakashi looked like a jackass fall for Naruto like that who did nothing as spectacular as the others in regards of setting up his move.

I suspect the next few chapters, Naruto will do some major damage but will realize he still needs to rely on teamwork in the end, if Kishimoto wants to keep that plot consistency there.
Old 2007-02-01, 14:19   Link #47
chuckcsf

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
I suspect the next few chapters, Naruto will do some major damage but will realize he still needs to rely on teamwork in the end, if Kishimoto wants to keep that plot consistency there.
Naruto needs to do this on his own. No Team work... team work sucks and not neccessary all the time. Plus, he will never surpase Sauske if he never shows that he can do things own his own also. A good ninja must be able to work alone as well as work with a team.
chuckcsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 14:21   Link #48
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I don't know what was the most hilarious part of this chapter.
Naruto lamentably failling his new jutsu, the fact that this new jutsu just seems to be a more destructive Rasengan, Chouji being told again to stay out of serious business, Kakazu trying to kill a Jinchuuriki or Kishimoto proving once and for all that teamwork is for suckers.
Yeah Hunte ri knwow hat you mean theya re somany contradictions to Kishimotos original lines of tought. That one would wonder if Kishimoto realy is teh person who wrote this chapter. I just hope it's not the filler team takign over because he is sick or something.
Old 2007-02-01, 14:30   Link #49
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cani View Post
suckiest chapter ever...and whats that rasengan all about?
i dont get how its stronger than the rasengan...the oosama rasengan or however its called.i mean one rasengan kills u already..and its close ranged..but that new rasengan..is still close range but just stronger?what the hell?doesnt maek sense at all!
Poor Kishimoto...

You know, doesn´t the shape of this new Rasengan tell you something about it?

And besides, I can´t remember Naruto killing off anyone with just a Rasengan so far?

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 14:33   Link #50
Rahan

The more I think about, the more I think Naruto is going to do something really brutal next week

This week's Naruto was the one who did the Thousand Years of Pain on Gaara (the move who looks awesome when he is perfoming it, ridiculous at the moment of the impact, and which proves to be totally useless in the end). Chouji complaining about not throwing the shuriken = Sasuke complaining about the number of hits Naruto did

Next week's Naruto is the one who got serious (Sasuke flashback = Naruto watching trapped Sakura), decided to go alone and pulled out Taaju Kage Bunshin and Gamabunta summon.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 14:46   Link #51
Syaoran
Inactive Member

These last few chapter have been more gory than all the ones we've seen before. More blood, more limbs, more pain.
I'd like to see Naruto make someone suffer while trying out a jutsu in combat situation
The Fourth was almost a mass murderer, so Naruto has to do better

Just kidding... it shouldn't become like berserk of gantz.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 15:06   Link #52
cani
That´s my way of ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
Poor Kishimoto...

You know, doesn´t the shape of this new Rasengan tell you something about it?

And besides, I can´t remember Naruto killing off anyone with just a Rasengan so far?
yeh well i just assume that a odama rasengan ( isnt it called liek that? :P) would kill off anyone.and now the fuuton rasenshuriken which si basically just the same but with the shape of a windmill shuriken and the strenth of wind.
And on top of that it only mantaines for like 2 seconds ...so i cant see why naruto got any stronger just because he mastered a technique which is the same as rasengan just stronger but with a shorter lifetime.

kishi should have come up with a better justsu than with shit like that.
cani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 15:11   Link #53
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Well, this look way better than previous sketches, I liked the art way better, good job ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
Wihout Counting the Odama Rasengan? A overgrown version of Rasengan?
Old 2007-02-01, 15:16   Link #54
Rahan

Quote:
These last few chapter have been more gory than all the ones we've seen before. More blood, more limbs, more pain.
I'd like to see Naruto make someone suffer while trying out a jutsu in combat situation
The Fourth was almost a mass murderer, so Naruto has to do better

Just kidding... it shouldn't become like berserk of gantz.
I didn't mean something gory, but something really really awesome. The situations are way too much alike. (which makes me think Shika is in for a bad surprise and needing rescue since Kishimoto doesn't seem to move out of his patterns)
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 15:18   Link #55
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cani View Post
yeh well i just assume that a odama rasengan ( isnt it called liek that? :P) would kill off anyone.and now the fuuton rasenshuriken which si basically just the same but with the shape of a windmill shuriken and the strenth of wind.
And on top of that it only mantaines for like 2 seconds ...so i cant see why naruto got any stronger just because he mastered a technique which is the same as rasengan just stronger but with a shorter lifetime.

kishi should have come up with a better justsu than with shit like that.
Yeah, oodama Rasengan is correct. I think.

I think that you have misunderstood a few things here. Remember what Sakura said, a chapter ago. Naruto hasn´t finished it yet. And that´s the reason why this new technique disappeared before Naruto could use it on Kakuzu. Also remember that this is a highclass technique that the famous Kakashi and the 4th himself couldn´t finish. Not necessarily this type of upgrade, but they both stopped at the rasengan.

And another thing. Strength isn´t equal to jutsu´s alone. Just look at how Naruto fought Kakuzu, tactis instead of just smashing through the gate. That´s a big improvement compared to before. Also note how he seems to be able to utilize the Kyuubi´s power´s in a different way now.

To sum it up.
Naruto has gotten a heck of a lot stronger than before.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 16:11   Link #56
Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Naruto was trying to do something that not even the 4th hokage was able to achieve. Why are so many complaining that Naruto didn't surpass the 4th hokage in one chapter? Kishimoto probably wanted to show that such a super-jutsu cannot be achieved so easily, it's supposed to be something that sannins and hokage cannot do, something that will define Naruto as a legendary ninja and the move that gives the name "hurricane chronicles" to the anime. It must be something which is achieved by Naruto giving in his essence, and Naruto's essence as a ninja is to give all he has and risk his life to become the best. And of course Yamato and Kakashi should understand that ( regardless of the fact that those 4 have no chance against Kakuzu ). Which leads us to a well known anime cliche: the hero leveling up in a world-saving fight. It would be cool if this fight turns out to be like Goku against Freeza: Goku turned into SSJ form, a long fight where Freeza has leveled up many times where his form changed, we already saw how did Kakuzu change into this tentacle-monster, and most probably he has other tricks too. As for Naruto's level up, it would be cool if he suddenly completes his jutsu in this fight.

You're right, and I didn't expect him to finish. But Kazuzu was acting so dumb, and same with Yamato. WTF, a jounin with his skill suddenly expects Naruto to do it you tend to side with him. Everytime Kakashi says something you side with him...it was all set up from the start and now it fizzles out...we were about to get a super 5 vs 1 crushing after this, but how could Kazuzu be caught off guard, how could Yamato expect something from Naruto (ugh don't tell me because he doesn't know Naruto's the #1 unexpected ninja...though before Naruto was called that because he used strange ways to win, unorthodox ways...and here he was doing something linear, but then lost)
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 16:20   Link #57
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

I guess no one really thought Naruto would finish Kakazu off in one attack, but this was just sad. Personally Im sick of the "semi-handicapped loser overcomes his mental shortcomings," crap. Enough already. We get it. Move on kish.

I give the chapter a 3. Im being generous. Now if you'll excuse me, I think the bile I suppressed while reading that, is making me sick. I need to hit the restroom.
Toodles.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 16:58   Link #58
BlackShinobi07

Once again we see how incompetent a ninja Naruto is. And by the way, did Kakashi really say Naruto could surpass the fourth? Was Kakashi on crack when he said that or something? Naruto isnt even close to surpassing Sasuke.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 17:02   Link #59
Dantat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
Once again we see how incompetent a ninja Naruto is. And by the way, did Kakashi really say Naruto could surpass the fourth? Was Kakashi on crack when he said that or something? Naruto isnt even close to surpassing Sasuke.
except...., we don't really know how strong Sauske is right now (we just saw his speed right??)...., for all we know, he might be crying in his little emo corner instead of training.
Dantat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 17:27   Link #60
LoOnatick
1ne Love

Quote:
lame ass chapter, the fight is dragging again and this time its pathetic. So much for "leave this guy to me", naruto stood up like a man and got beat down like a bitch
Rofl, I love this quote XD. But yeah, seems like this fight will drag for a while. Haven't read 340 yet which I won't. I'ma wait 5-6 weeks or more then start reading the manga again.

Last edited by LoOnatick; 2007-02-01 at 17:38.
LoOnatick is offline   Reply With Quote