AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-05-11, 16:05   Link #1501
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

2DS price drop + American release for Disney Magical World 2 = Possible birthday gift for the niece?
Old 2016-05-11, 16:47   Link #1502
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

now gimme that 3DS price drop
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-15, 00:55   Link #1503
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Alliance Alive, spiritual successor to Legend of Legacy, seems like a very interesting title. I just hope it was more challenging that LoL, which as a SaGa veteran, was too easy to figure out. The challenge then becomes is to finish the campaign in as few days as possible, and that becomes no fun as you start save scumming just so you don't get too low LP wise for the entire campaign (since every rest you do increases the day count by 1).

At the very least, it has a couple of characters who I can ship from the get go, although I personally wouldn't mind suprises like Owen/Garnet in the game as well.

C'mon Atlus, don't let me down and hopefully you release it stateside as well. I bought 2 copies of LoL, and you can guarantee 2 copies of AA as well. XD

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/10/14...legacy-follow/

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-15, 01:22   Link #1504
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Oh! Good news. RPGs are always welcome.
...But please no reliance on the R button. My 3DS's isn't really working anymore...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-27, 12:09   Link #1505
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Add another Monster Hunter to the upcoming games list.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2016-10-27, 12:46   Link #1506
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Oh! Good news. RPGs are always welcome.
...But please no reliance on the R button. My 3DS's isn't really working anymore...
How about that SMT4 Apocalypse?
Old 2016-10-27, 13:17   Link #1507
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
How about that SMT4 Apocalypse?
Great game. Though I have to cycle backwards through L or mash R until it works to get what I want sometimes...

Old 2016-11-07, 20:00   Link #1508
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Nintendo announced a special $100 New 3DS for Black Friday. Definitely gonna get it.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...72177941024771
Old 2016-11-28, 19:31   Link #1509
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

OMG, I just found out they released Fire Emblem Thracia 777 on the 3DS virtual console! And today too! Gotta get it, that's for sure. Good old FE without protagonists touching his entire army

Old 2017-01-18, 17:52   Link #1510
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oh God, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia looks so modern in its remake. I mean, Shadow dragon Marth/Caeda has a great resemblance to their original counterparts, but Alm and Celica look nor dress like how they used to. Still, glad to see that them being childhood friends is put to the forefront in the trailer. (I was pretty much dying of moe when she said "Nothing will ever come between us"... yeah I flipping want their amiibos XD)

In any case, I do hope they make offensive magic useful this time around, as Fates it was severely outclassed. In here with one of the protagonists going to be a user of it, I hope they do it justice.

Old 2017-01-18, 18:19   Link #1511
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Happy that FE is gonna have a busy 2 years, but this means less chance for a new Advance Wars game coming out. D:
Old 2017-01-18, 18:37   Link #1512
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Oh God, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia looks so modern in its remake. I mean, Shadow dragon Marth/Caeda has a great resemblance to their original counterparts, but Alm and Celica look nor dress like how they used to. Still, glad to see that them being childhood friends is put to the forefront in the trailer. (I was pretty much dying of moe when she said "Nothing will ever come between us"... yeah I flipping want their amiibos XD)
Being that different a good thing. The original game was pretty widely disliked among the fanbase
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 20:16   Link #1513
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Yes, let's hope they make it so Alm can marry any girl he likes and impregnate any of them in the middle of war and through some plot twist, let the player control child characters. Of course, Celica gets to choose from any guy too and have a baby.

Yeah, I'm being sarcastic. The Shadow Dragon-type games were pretty good, outside the in-game character artwork being so... dead. It's perfectly possible to wear the same outfit without looking like that, so it's not the problem of the same outfit. And the sequel of Shadow Dragon on the DS as well improved... a bit on that problem of dead expressions and introduced a fairly good sub-story involving a hidden protagonist and heroine without screwing up the main storyline.

Old 2017-01-18, 21:41   Link #1514
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Yeah, I'm being sarcastic. The Shadow Dragon-type games were pretty good, outside the in-game character artwork being so... dead. It's perfectly possible to wear the same outfit without looking like that, so it's not the problem of the same outfit. And the sequel of Shadow Dragon on the DS as well improved... a bit on that problem of dead expressions and introduced a fairly good sub-story involving a hidden protagonist and heroine without screwing up the main storyline.
They were not good. The CG artstyle was ugly and the Support conversations were minimal.

In fact, it was because of those DS games that the franchise went into a decline and Intelligent Systems was told Awakening was their last chance before the Fire Emblem franchise would be ended because of declining sales.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 21:53   Link #1515
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Nah, the support conversations were pretty fine. Especially considering the lack of anything of the sort in the original game, it helped develop the characters to a satisfying point.

Old 2017-01-19, 01:14   Link #1516
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Being that different a good thing. The original game was pretty widely disliked among the fanbase
Jokes on them, they said that "Everything that made Gaiden unique is here". So basically, it's just Gaiden having a visual upgrade? People aren't going to be happy. XD

Seriously speaking though, I'm worried about dungeon battles being replicated as SRPG battles on their own. Early in my gaming career I made do with it, but starting with later iterations of Growlannser, I've grown weary of SRPGs with trash mob fights. Taking Fates for example, I loved it partly because of the map design (other call it gimmicks but whatev). Can't appreciate map design when trash mobs are just there to be destroyed mindlessly. >_>

As for Shadow Dragon, I mean, it really showed its age in terms of gameplay. That's why I'm not at all mad with them splitting Fates, with Birthright for those who like more modern, while Conquest for those more classic. As for the story, Shadow Dragon was pretty much the same as the original, and I doubt they'd change Gaiden much either, so I'm not expecting anything epic.

And yeah, I just can't get over the fact that new Alm and Celica looks so cute together. Sure they look like totally different characters, but the more I look at it, the more I want Hidari to do more illustrations. I've first noticed her work in the Atelier series, but sadly I just can't get into that series thanks to it being so anti-shipping. Glad to see how wonderful she did with Alm and Celica. <3

Old 2017-01-19, 01:37   Link #1517
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Waifus and avatar, if Echoes has it then I'm good. Otherwise P5 will probably just eat up all my time in the upcoming months.
Old 2017-01-19, 01:58   Link #1518
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Oh spare me the thought that Gaiden would turn into a galge. I know there is at least one insane person in Intelligent that thinks using your status to be able to sexually harass anyone in your army (doormats) was a good idea, so I wouldn't put it below them. Avatar is fine as long as they do it like they did for the Shadow Dragon sequel remake, but...

Old 2017-01-19, 02:48   Link #1519
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Oh spare me the thought that Gaiden would turn into a galge. I know there is at least one insane person in Intelligent that thinks using your status to be able to sexually harass anyone in your army (doormats) was a good idea, so I wouldn't put it below them. Avatar is fine as long as they do it like they did for the Shadow Dragon sequel remake, but...
I love the generalizations toward us newer FE fans. Shipping and claiming best girl/waifu is no stranger to anime fans, which is why I love Awakening and Fates so much. Raising affection with my virtual troops (mostly with my ingame wife) or in your case "sexually harassing" them in my 3DS doesn't really reflect my attitude in the real world.
Old 2017-01-19, 03:06   Link #1520
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I love the generalizations toward us newer FE fans. Shipping and claiming best girl/waifu is no stranger to anime fans, which is why I love Awakening and Fates so much. Raising affection with my virtual troops (mostly with my ingame wife) or in your case "sexually harassing" them in my 3DS doesn't really reflect my attitude in the real world.
Yeah... That's great for you and all, but I didn't say anything about FE fans. Though you seem to be hinting that newer FE fans are all anime fans or something.
I guess you got a bit defensive, but I'll explain what you seem to have not understood.

1. "insane person in Intelligent"
Which clearly does not refer to fans.
And yes, someone whose name I have not bothered to remember actually wanted the touching to go down to the waist with a hand cursor instead of what came out. Since this idea was obviously dumbed down, you can tell his higher ups realized that his idea clearly came more out of his uncontrollable lust than rational thinking

2. using your status to be able to sexually harass anyone in your army (doormats)
I was referring to Kamui calling anyone into their room and being able to pet them without them being able to stop you. And yes, while they live in a world where the people seem to think making babies in the middle of a war makes sense, I do assume it isn't normal for Kamui to do such things, since at least Kazahana showed a tad bit of resistance.
Though I guess you could be so invested in the character that you synchronize with them enough to take it personally, but that's out of my jurisdiction.

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds