AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-20, 09:17   Link #521
Darth Atma
Rookie Member

ARENA 01: Hirasawa Ui Louise Vallière Misaka Mikoto Ryōgi Shiki [Takamachi Nanoha] Tsukimiya Ayu [Yin]
ARENA 02: Asahina Mikuru Chrome Dokuro [Evangeline A.K. McDowell] [Hecate] Nagato Yuki Sanzen'in Nagi Shinku
ARENA 03: Chii [Index L. Prohibitorum] Isayama Yomi Izumi Konata Kōzuki Kallen Nakano Azusa [Saginomiya Isumi]
ARENA 04: Ayanami Rei Erza Scarlet Hanato Kobato [Kawasumi Mai] Oshino Shinobu Shana [Shiina Mafuyu]
ARENA 05: Aisaka Taiga Enma Ai Hiiragi Kagami [Kotobuki Tsumugi] [Kushieda Minori] Sōryū Asuka Langley Yūki Mikan
ARENA 06: Holo Kagura [Katsura Hinagiku] [Okazaki Ushio] Saten Ruiko Shirai Kuroko Suigintō
ARENA 07: [Gasai Yuno] Konoe Subaru Oikawa Tsurara Shionji Yūko (Alice) Takakura Himari [Tsugumi] Victorique de Blois
ARENA 08: Ayuzawa Misaki Kōsaka Kirino Kunieda Aoi Makise Kurisu [Matsumae Ohana] Shinonome Nano [Tsurugi Minko]
ARENA 09: Ayase Chihaya [Hasegawa Kobato] Inami Mahiru Kanzaki H. Aria Nakagawa Kanon [Shinomiya Ayase] Wendy Marvell
ARENA 10: Kirishima Shōko Kuroi Mato [Miki Sayaka] Morishima Haruka Shinonono Hōki Yune [Yuzuriha Inori]
ARENA 11: Elucia de Lute Irma [Irisviel von Einzbern] Kashiwazaki Sena Minato Tomoka Shiina Mayuri Takahara Ayumi [Taneshima Poplar]
ARENA 12: Akaza Akari [Akemi Homura] [Aragaki Ayase] Astarotte Ygvar Dalian Kisaragi Chihaya Mine Riko
Old 2012-02-20, 22:06   Link #522
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Yay for Nova 2. Stick three of my top 10s (one of which is my absolute most favourite) and four other characters I still generally like quite a bit all into one arena - why not?
Old 2012-02-20, 22:11   Link #523
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Considering how Ushio has performed in the past, she is doing very well. And from what I can tell, HnG characters have dropped in strength quite a bit.
Old 2012-02-20, 22:18   Link #524
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Looking at the latest results, I may have slightly underrated Kuroi Mato, and by extension the Haganai girls. Mato does indeed seem to be getting a bit of a bounce from the new BRS TV series, and so defeating her narrowly might have more value than I first thought.

The result that pleased me the most, as it's the only one that combined personal character preference with a general desire for some strong and successful newcomers, was seeing Homura win by a solid amount over Ayase (and Riko). On the flip side, seeing Kurisu come up short against Kirino was disappointing. That suggests a pretty disappointing ceiling of possible success for Kurisu.

I'm eager to see how the Haganai girls do against one of the stronger ISML 2011 competitors, but I have to admit that they already show some promise and potential at least. As does Akemi Homura.
Old 2012-02-20, 22:18   Link #525
ion475
にこにこにー

Well, another round of results...

Arena 1 - Not much to comment. The White Devil falls very far, Louise fairly strong (Of course ZnT 4 helps...). Otherwise, not much to comment on.
Arena 2 - Fairly expected. The 3 returning girl went 1-2-3, Hecate got 4th thanks to Shana 3, and other? Fell to nowhere...Nagi IS weak, though...
Arena 3 - Still fairly normal result. Azu-nyan dominate as expected, Konata-Index finish it off. Again, all returning girls...
Arena 4 - Shana dominated, Shinobu continues to impress. Mafuyu needs more love, but then, she's just not strong nor really "deserve" to be THAT strong
Arena 5 - Kagamin needs more love than that. Otherwise, as planned.
Arena 6 - Holo impress me. I'll just stop there...(Okay, yes, she won Russia again. Rajura should be VERY happy)

Now onto the forever crappy Nova results...
Arena 7 - Sigh...Alice gets absolutely no love. Seriously, losing to a certain reverse-trap that's not that moe and okay, a certain yandere is fairly recent so people still remember her. It's still disappointing, though. At least the other detective is still strong.
Arena 8 - No upset for Kurisu. Ohana is not strong when you can't beat Misaki. Of course, there's Nano, getting the Nichijou treatment...
Arena 9 - Finish as expected. Nice finish by Kobato, not bad for Aria, and Kanon is destined to be fodder if she gets in...
Arena 10 - All I'll say is wow for Mato. On the other hand, Shoko continues to impress.
Arena 11 - Poor Poplar-chan...1-2-3 is kind of as expected, Mayuri going nowhere, Mokan finish 4th in this very strong group...
Arena 12 - Rotte & A certain "heroine" needs a LOT more love. Riko > Ayase is a little bit surprising, but not unexpected.

Then preview of next round...
Nova 1 - Easy pick
Nova 2 - Why they always throw Mokan into a tough group? And HanaKana fan like me cried when there are 3 of them in this group alone...
Nova 3 - Meh group. Hope Erio can win against Eu
Nova 4 - Another tough one, at least for me...
Nova 5 - A meh group to me for the most part, it's kind of down to Yuri v. Madoka but I'm voting for neither...
Nova 6 - And still can't give Charlotte love...

I didn't bother on Stella groups since they're usually fairly straightforward for me.
Old 2012-02-20, 22:24   Link #526
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Stella results... I'm not terribly concern as the only character I voted that I wasn't absolutely certain in was Index, but she came out alright.

Nova contestants are of abit more interest to me... Alice is really struggling but can't seem to catch a break, I'm quite surprised that Misaki manages to sneak into third place, and even more surprising is Riko still manages to hold on... And that's about it- Amagami is still getting it's ass kicked, along with Working and Hanasaku. Haganai is pretty strong- managing to secure wins for all of it's girls... KamiNomi and OreImo as well...
Old 2012-02-20, 22:31   Link #527
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Arena 6 - Holo impress me. I'll just stop there...(Okay, yes, she won Russia again. Rajura should be VERY happy)
Holo won Russia in 47 out of 47 matches last regular season (2 maps were unavailable - haven't checked whether Kholdy put them up yet), even edging out Yuki (who got 46 out of 47, in addition to being betrayed when facing against Kuroneko in second round during SE), so it's not really a surprise.
Old 2012-02-20, 22:53   Link #528
hinakatbklyn

Not too many unexpected results, so on to the final rounds of Phase 1.

Looking at all the groups, I see Rin Tosaka and Last Order (Stella Group 12) as the most competitive group for a spot in the regular season. I'll be fine with either one winning.
Old 2012-02-21, 00:18   Link #529
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

wtf is this??!!! kurisu lost to that ****??!! -rage- unforgivable.

anyway, i'm happy for my homerun and irisviel =))

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-02-21 at 18:32. Reason: Let's not be so crude in your dislike of that individual...
Old 2012-02-21, 02:03   Link #530
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Shana being Shana, Kanon managing somehow makes me happy. Elsie having less votes than Iris troubles me though...oh well

90% of Nova characters seem to be mid tier at best at this point
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2012-02-21, 02:16   Link #531
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Pleasantly surprised that Holo got 2nd. I guess she hasn't lost as much strength as Fate has. I do expect to Holo to get beat up in the regular season if she makes it there, but I am inclined to give my votes to the Wise Wolf in some cases.

Looking at Kirino vs Kurisu, It looks like China, Taiwan and the Koreas went heavy for Kirino(and Kirino won in America too). Kurisu did win in Russia and Japan though. Sad to see that Ohana is weaker than I thought.

Suburu won Taiwan, Yuno won Russia and looks like Victorique won almost everywhere else. Glad the blonde detective is still going strong.

Sayaka only got about 1550 votes but she won Russia and Japan.

I am sad that some girls that I really like are not getting votes, but I don't have any major complaints with the results.

Looking at the previews, Nova 4 and Stella 12 look like they will be the most interesting of the Arenas. Other arenas have some very predictable results like Tenshi getting 5000 or even 6000 votes to make it to the regular season. Nova 4 will be interesting because we'll get to see what AB strength is against Haganai as Yui from AB and Yozora will likely be the top 2. Stella 12 has a showdown between Last Order and Rin for the top spot. It would be interesting to see which of those two takes it.
Old 2012-02-21, 03:17   Link #532
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Stella results - Bit surprised Erza wasn't that far off from grabbing third, fairly close behind Mafuyu. Does show how older characters have fallen like Nanoha going fourth, Shinku dead last, Asuka second last in her group, etc. Suppose understandable since new sticks in the mind better and newer fans are starting with newer series. Good job by Horo (may never get used to the whole Holo name thing) coming a solid second in her group behind Hinagiku.

Nova results - I didn't think Victorique would be coming into this thing with such voting power. I read the novels (what is out in English) and liked the anime, but just pleasantly surprised. Glad for Aria doing well and not a bad job by Wendy. Kind of surprised though by Mato's moe power. Too bad that Yune doesn't have much support. On the other hand glad Riko had a solid result in her group.

Overall nothing I'm really bothered by result wise. In terms of the next round of voting...will worry about it when I can vote .
Old 2012-02-21, 03:21   Link #533
Team Rocket Elite

Amazing performances by Hasegawa Kobato and Kuroi Mato. Kobato not only manages to beat Aria but doesn't even really have much trouble doing so. Looks like the new Hanazawa Kana's best newcoming is stronger than Kugimiya Rie's. Mato's performance means even some of her slightly older roles are getting much stronger. Hanazawa Kana looks to be taking over the top of the Nova division. There is some good news for Kugimiya Rie fans. Sanzen'in Nagi looks to have rebounded from her weak Round 1 match. She still doesn't look quite as strong as before but that's better than the fairly drastic drop it looked like she took. Shiina Mayuri turns out to be fairly disappointing. Her first match wasn't very good but there was a chance she was being hurt by split votes. She doesn't have that excuse here and does quite badly. Astarotte Ygvar also continues to do poorly when I initially thought she might have a fair amount of strength. Oddly enough, all I had to talk about today dealt with Kugimiya Rie or Hanazawa Kana characters. The next match is the first match this year that actually means anything.
Old 2012-02-21, 05:16   Link #534
HasuMasu
*Artist

Ohana's not gonna have it good this year, oh well at least Queen Yuno is same--for now.
Old 2012-02-21, 07:19   Link #535
tezu

Oh dear lord, next round's stella 9 is going to be hell for me - I can't just pick two out of Minorin, Tomoyo, Ritsu and Kuroko... ;__;
Old 2012-02-21, 10:10   Link #536
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

ARENA 01: Elucia de Lute Irma Mine Riko [Shinonono Hōki] [Tachibana Kanade] Takakura Himari Tsurugi Minko Wendy Marvell
ARENA 02: Aragaki Ayase [Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko)] Inami Mahiru Miki Sayaka Minato Tomoka Shinonome Nano Shiomiya Shiori
ARENA 03: [Ayase Chihaya] Dalian Eucliwood Hellscythe Iwasawa Asami [Morishima Haruka] Shiina Mayuri Tōwa Erio
ARENA 04: Akaza Akari Haqua du Lot Herminium Haruna Mikazuki Yozora Taneshima Poplar Yui Yune
ARENA 05: Astarotte Ygvar Kaname Madoka Laura Bodewig [Nakamura Yuri] Sakura Kyōko Takahara Ayumi Yarizui Sen
ARENA 06: Anjō Naruko [Charlotte Dunois] Fear Kubrick Hakamada Hinata Kisaragi Chihaya Suzutsuki Kanade Yamada Aoi
ARENA 07: [Akiyama Mio] Chii Erza Scarlet Evangeline A.K. McDowell [Holo] Kotobuki Tsumugi Tsukimiya Ayu
ARENA 08: Ayanami Rei Illyasviel von Einzbern [Kōzuki Kallen] Okazaki Ushio Shinku [Suzumiya Haruhi] Yūki Mikan
ARENA 09: Isayama Yomi Kawasumi Mai Kushieda Minori [Sakagami Tomoyo] Senjōgahara Hitagi Shirai Kuroko Tainaka Ritsu
ARENA 10: [Fate Testarossa] [Fujibayashi Kyō] Furukawa Nagisa Hanato Kobato Saten Ruiko Sengoku Nadeko Sōryū Asuka Langley
ARENA 11: [C.C.] Enma Ai Kagura Konjiki no Yami Maria [Saber] Sakurano Kurimu
ARENA 12: Hanekawa Tsubasa Hiiragi Tsukasa Kanzaki Kaori Last Order Nymph Suigintō [Tōsaka Rin]

I'm beginning to get annoyed Mayuri is ALWAYS in a group with at least 3 other people I like and haven't been able to give her a vote yet....
Old 2012-02-21, 10:13   Link #537
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

ARENA 01: [Elucia de Lute Irma] Mine Riko Shinonono Hōki [Tachibana Kanade] Takakura Himari Tsurugi Minko Wendy Marvell
ARENA 02: Aragaki Ayase [Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko)] Inami Mahiru Miki Sayaka Minato Tomoka Shinonome Nano [Shiomiya Shiori]
ARENA 03: Ayase Chihaya Dalian Eucliwood Hellscythe Iwasawa Asami Morishima Haruka [Shiina Mayuri] [Tōwa Erio]
ARENA 04: [Akaza Akari] Haqua du Lot Herminium Haruna Mikazuki Yozora Taneshima Poplar Yui [Yune]
ARENA 05: Astarotte Ygvar [Kaname Madoka] Laura Bodewig Nakamura Yuri Sakura Kyōko [Takahara Ayumi] Yarizui Sen
ARENA 06: Anjō Naruko Charlotte Dunois Fear Kubrick [Hakamada Hinata] Kisaragi Chihaya Suzutsuki Kanade [Yamada Aoi]
ARENA 07: [Akiyama Mio] Chii Erza Scarlet Evangeline A.K. McDowell [Holo] Kotobuki Tsumugi Tsukimiya Ayu
ARENA 08: Ayanami Rei Illyasviel von Einzbern Kōzuki Kallen [Okazaki Ushio] Shinku Suzumiya Haruhi [Yūki Mikan]
ARENA 09: Isayama Yomi [Kawasumi Mai] Kushieda Minori Sakagami Tomoyo [Senjōgahara Hitagi] Shirai Kuroko Tainaka Ritsu
ARENA 10: Fate Testarossa Fujibayashi Kyō [Furukawa Nagisa] [Hanato Kobato] Saten Ruiko Sengoku Nadeko Sōryū Asuka Langley
ARENA 11: C.C. Enma Ai Kagura Konjiki no Yami [Maria] Saber [Sakurano Kurimu]
ARENA 12: Hanekawa Tsubasa [Hiiragi Tsukasa] Kanzaki Kaori Last Order Nymph Suigintō [Tōsaka Rin]
Old 2012-02-21, 10:32   Link #538
hinakatbklyn

ARENA 01: [Elucia de Lute Irma] Mine Riko Shinonono Hōki Tachibana Kanade Takakura Himari Tsurugi Minko [Wendy Marvell]
ARENA 02: Aragaki Ayase [Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko)] Inami Mahiru [Miki Sayaka] Minato Tomoka Shinonome Nano Shiomiya Shiori
*(Ruri was an obvious choice. The other one was difficult since Tomoka and Shiori was involved as well)
ARENA 03: Ayase Chihaya [Dalian] Eucliwood Hellscythe Iwasawa Asami Morishima Haruka Shiina Mayuri [Tōwa Erio]
*(Ended up leaving out Mayuri this time)
ARENA 04: Akaza Akari [Haqua du Lot Herminium] [Haruna] Mikazuki Yozora Taneshima Poplar Yui Yune
*(Going against Yui-nyan this time. I think she will get enough support to advance)
ARENA 05: Astarotte Ygvar Kaname Madoka Laura Bodewig [Nakamura Yuri] [Sakura Kyōko] Takahara Ayumi Yarizui Sen
ARENA 06: Anjō Naruko [Charlotte Dunois] [Fear Kubrick] Hakamada Hinata Kisaragi Chihaya Suzutsuki Kanade Yamada Aoi
ARENA 08: Ayanami Rei Illyasviel von Einzbern Kōzuki Kallen Okazaki Ushio Shinku [Suzumiya Haruhi] [Yūki Mikan]
ARENA 09: Isayama Yomi Kawasumi Mai [Kushieda Minori] Sakagami Tomoyo Senjōgahara Hitagi Shirai Kuroko Tainaka Ritsu
*(Didn't really have a second choice for this group)
ARENA 10: Fate Testarossa [Fujibayashi Kyō] Furukawa Nagisa Hanato Kobato Saten Ruiko [Sengoku Nadeko] Sōryū Asuka Langley
*(Missed out on Hanato Kobato. That's 4 Hanazawa reps I missed. I'm in a slump already. Then again, Kyou was going to be one of my obvious choices)
ARENA 11: C.C. Enma Ai Kagura [Konjiki no Yami] Maria Saber [Sakurano Kurimu]
ARENA 12: Hanekawa Tsubasa Hiiragi Tsukasa Kanzaki Kaori Last Order Nymph Suigintō [Tōsaka Rin]
*(Since this round determines who reaches the regular season, instead of picking both Last Order and Rin Tosaka, I decided on picking the one who I want to see in the regular season more. I think LO will advance in a later phase.)

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2012-02-21 at 10:44.
Old 2012-02-21, 10:33   Link #539
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ARENA 01: Elucia de Lute Irma [Mine Riko] Shinonono Hōki [Tachibana Kanade] Takakura Himari Tsurugi Minko Wendy Marvell
ARENA 02: Aragaki Ayase [Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko)] Inami Mahiru Miki Sayaka Minato Tomoka Shinonome Nano [Shiomiya Shiori]
ARENA 03: Ayase Chihaya Dalian [Eucliwood Hellscythe] [Iwasawa Asami] Morishima Haruka Shiina Mayuri Tōwa Erio
ARENA 04: Akaza Akari [Haqua du Lot Herminium] Haruna [Mikazuki Yozora] Taneshima Poplar Yui Yune
ARENA 05: Astarotte Ygvar [Kaname Madoka] Laura Bodewig Nakamura Yuri [Sakura Kyōko] Takahara Ayumi Yarizui Sen
ARENA 06: Anjō Naruko [Charlotte Dunois] [Fear Kubrick] Hakamada Hinata Kisaragi Chihaya Suzutsuki Kanade Yamada Aoi
ARENA 07: Akiyama Mio Chii [Erza Scarlet] Evangeline A.K. McDowell [Holo] Kotobuki Tsumugi Tsukimiya Ayu
ARENA 08: Ayanami Rei [Illyasviel von Einzbern] Kōzuki Kallen Okazaki Ushio Shinku [Suzumiya Haruhi] Yūki Mikan
ARENA 09: Isayama Yomi Kawasumi Mai Kushieda Minori [Sakagami Tomoyo] [Senjōgahara Hitagi] Shirai Kuroko Tainaka Ritsu
ARENA 10: [Fate Testarossa] [Fujibayashi Kyō] Furukawa Nagisa Hanato Kobato Saten Ruiko Sengoku Nadeko Sōryū Asuka Langley
ARENA 11: [C.C.] Enma Ai Kagura Konjiki no Yami Maria [Saber] Sakurano Kurimu
ARENA 12: Hanekawa Tsubasa Hiiragi Tsukasa [Kanzaki Kaori] Last Order Nymph Suigintō [Tōsaka Rin]
Old 2012-02-21, 10:40   Link #540
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
ARENA 01: Elucia de Lute Irma [Mine Riko] Shinonono Hōki Tachibana Kanade Takakura Himari Tsurugi Minko [Wendy Marvell]
Think I've turned this into my mission to get Wendy just a bit closer to top three . Well also wishing Riko luck, easy picks here.
ARENA 02: Aragaki Ayase [Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko)] [Inami Mahiru] Miki Sayaka Minato Tomoka Shinonome Nano Shiomiya Shiori
Fairly easy here with Kuroneko. Will toss a vote as well to Inami though it's pretty hopeless.
ARENA 03: Ayase Chihaya [Dalian] [Eucliwood Hellscythe] Iwasawa Asami Morishima Haruka Shiina Mayuri Tōwa Erio
ARENA 04: Akaza Akari Haqua du Lot Herminium [Haruna] Mikazuki Yozora Taneshima Poplar Yui [Yune]
ARENA 05: [Astarotte Ygvar] Kaname Madoka Laura Bodewig Nakamura Yuri [Sakura Kyōko] Takahara Ayumi Yarizui Sen
Pretty easy with Char and Fear.
ARENA 07: Akiyama Mio Chii [Erza Scarlet] Evangeline A.K. McDowell [Horo] Kotobuki Tsumugi Tsukimiya Ayu
ARENA 08: Ayanami Rei [Illyasviel von Einzbern]
[Kōzuki Kallen] Okazaki Ushio Shinku Suzumiya Haruhi Yūki Mikan
ARENA 09: Isayama Yomi Kawasumi Mai Kushieda Minori Sakagami Tomoyo [Senjōgahara Hitagi] [Shirai Kuroko] Tainaka Ritsu
ARENA 11: C.C. Enma Ai Kagura [Konjiki no Yami] Maria Saber [Sakurano Kurimu]
Think this is a group that Kurimu can do well in.
ARENA 12: Hanekawa Tsubasa Hiiragi Tsukasa Kanzaki Kaori Last Order [Nymph] Suigintō [Tōsaka Rin]
Good luck to Nymph. Rin is an easy pick of course .

Tags
isml, saimoe, tournament