AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-11-18, 22:10   Link #241
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Depends. Given that so far it seems like the older actors will be back, they have to set the story to fit their ages. The current EU has that covered for the most part. It has been 35 years since Star Wars came out. The EU presently has the stort for Luke, Han, and Leia up to I think 45 years after Yavin.

It is unlikely they will just convert a novel into the new trilogy as they would need to pay the author again or something. Plus directors and their new writter might want more space...but they still have one author they will consult on things....Lucas himself.

Keeping what has happened before there, but telling a new story would work. They don't really need to reference thinks directly. Just have the universe as is. The audiance will figure out what is important or not in the theater.

After the third trilogy, then Lucasfilm can go about making new films every two years or so. At that point they can either continue on from the Third Trilogy, or go back and make films based on novels (it is allowed to make films from novels). If they didn't go with the Old Republic era stuff they will need to recast the principle roles at that point (in the 2020s).
Old 2012-11-19, 02:05   Link #242
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeILL View Post
Has anyone ever played this game called Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords??

I'm midway through this game right now I can say this is probably the best Star Wars story I have ever came across. And this is coming from someone who's read more than a few Star Wars novels.

This game has some of the best dialogue I've ever seen in a Star Wars story. They actually go in-depth into discussing what the "Force" really is, how it came about, what it represents. Also they go pretty deep into the Jedi's failings and why the Jedi Order is flawed and how they're not the saints that you see in the movies. Also, your mentor in the game is a Sith, and some of your party members are also Sith, but they are so different from the stereotypical-"evil"-Sith you see in the films I was really amazed.

The game represents a very different Star Wars never seen before.

One of the best examples is a Wookie in the game named Hanharr, who is unlike any other Wookie in the previous SW stories. This guy actually has eloquent dialogue, is extremely smart, has his own philosophies towards the world, he also cheats, lies, backstabs, has no loyalty, hates other Wookies, hates the Wookie life-debt nonsense, and has a controlled craziness about him. This is the type of stuff I want to see more in SW movies.

But unfortunately, I don't think Disney will allow archetype SW characters to derail...
Query: Have you played the game of my first outing aboard the Ebon Hawk? The one where my amnesiac master assembled his own crew of meatbags to fight for the Republic? (Dejected clarification: I was strictly forbidden from using any of them as target practice)
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 09:57   Link #243
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Don't worry HK. I'm sure you'll get to riddle some meatbags with blaster fire someday.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 14:28   Link #244
LifeILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Query: Have you played the game of my first outing aboard the Ebon Hawk? The one where my amnesiac master assembled his own crew of meatbags to fight for the Republic? (Dejected clarification: I was strictly forbidden from using any of them as target practice)

Yeah I played the first one, but it didn't blow me away the way the second one did. Even though the first KOTOR was great, I had some huge problems with the story/writing.

The second one has some of the best writing ever in a Star Wars story, the game itself is kinda boring and uninteresting at parts, bu the dialogue and writing just put it over the top.
LifeILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 14:15   Link #245
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

http://www.slashfilm.com/disney-look...sodes-8-and-9/

Star wars VIII and XI gets writers. Disney are not playing around.

now to wait and see who will direct. but, it looks like Disney will control everything. hope the directors get to show off their vision rather than be just a figurehead.
Old 2012-11-21, 17:00   Link #246
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
IX, not XI. Had me rather confused at first, thinking they were rotating writers or something.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 20:44   Link #247
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
IX, not XI. Had me rather confused at first, thinking they were rotating writers or something.
LOl mistype. sometimes i type really fast and it misses
Old 2012-11-23, 07:00   Link #248
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 08:08   Link #249
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oh my god, I hear a avalanche of fanart of that couple coming to crush the fanbase.
Old 2012-11-23, 08:20   Link #250
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
http://www.slashfilm.com/disney-look...sodes-8-and-9/

now to wait and see who will direct. but, it looks like Disney will control everything. hope the directors get to show off their vision rather than be just a figurehead.
I've been wondering, just how much creative involvement is Disney going to be in this franchise.
They acquired Marvel Studio, but has been running that pretty good, in fact, better than when they were on their own.
Old 2012-11-23, 12:04   Link #251
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Now that I believe!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 09:48   Link #252
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
That comic was AWESOME.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 06:58   Link #253
Ending

Bizarre, but so amusing. Not sure what she would say when it comes to removing the mask, though. She might even like all the scars
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 23:42   Link #254
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 00:12   Link #255
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Last I checked, he is alive in the EU and head of the Mandalorians. He is about the same age as Solo, maybe a little older, which means in his 70s in the most recent novels.
Old 2012-11-28, 21:09   Link #256
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Last I checked, he is alive in the EU and head of the Mandalorians. He is about the same age as Solo, maybe a little older, which means in his 70s in the most recent novels.
I disagree with how Lucas has treated the EU in the past... but please, please, please, please, please let Disney follow Lucas' lead and keep Fett dead.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 07:27   Link #257
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-spin...simon-kinberg/

TL;DR: Some of the writers acknowledged to be working on the franchise may not be working on episodes 8 and 9, but stories spun off the main storyline.

If true, it could be interesting to see a movie franchise treated in a similar way as Star Wars has been in the book industry.

Yes, it means there will be movies I probably won't like simply due to having no interest in the characters or plot, much like there's a swath of Star Wars novels I don't particularly care for, but it would also allow stories to be told that otherwise wouldn't.

I'm kind of hoping this is true.

Also, since this is essentially becoming the catch-all Starwars thread:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 12:39   Link #258
james0246

It seems Zack Synder has been approved as the first director for the a new Star Wars film. Note, I said a new film because he will not be directing a film in the new trilogy, but rather an outside film supposedly based on Seven Samurai but with Jedi .

Personally, I think this is a grand choice for a non-trilogy director. Synder is a very good visual artists, and even if he has some problems with his basic direction, all of his films are still very interesting to watch (and I can't wait to see Man of Steel).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 21:51   Link #259
Xagzan

No, no, he came out and denied involvement yesterday, sadly

Dunno if that means the whole project was fake, or just his part in it.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 22:06   Link #260
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
No, no, he came out and denied involvement yesterday, sadly

Dunno if that means the whole project was fake, or just his part in it.
Yeah. Hollywood Reporter is debunking the initial reports. I'm a little saddened, I would have loved to see Synder's Jedi in action...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
star wars