AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-04, 17:31   Link #81
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
I just watched it. Can't really say it's bad or good. I liked the visuals, the music but, for some reason, I can't help but hate the princess voice... I just doesn't match with her character...

I will give it another try, for now, let's go watch Claymore's 1st.
Old 2007-04-04, 17:44   Link #82
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Hey, in Gundam they at least ware a space suit when in space.
As long as they wear their skin tight space suit with their bike helmet, they can practically survive anything other than a laser beam in their face XD

sigh~~ why does all the sci-fi series must have skin tight space suit? They really should wear proper pilot gear like this guy in my signature wears. It's a lot sexier in my book ^.^
Old 2007-04-04, 18:05   Link #83
ZODDGUTS

This turn out better then expected really liking the whoel Space-epic story going on. Hirai character designs are alright in this series there wasn't really one felt like they were a ripped from his other work.

The one mecha that the main male character piloted reminded me of an EVA when it's in Berserk mode which I really like. I'll be following this series there was nothing really in the first episode that I hated.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 18:32   Link #84
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post

The one mecha that the main male character piloted reminded me of an EVA when it's in Berserk mode which I really like.
The first time I saw it, I though so too but, it looks more like Hakuoro's real from rather then an eva.
Old 2007-04-04, 19:22   Link #85
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
As long as they wear their skin tight space suit with their bike helmet, they can practically survive anything other than a laser beam in their face XD

sigh~~ why does all the sci-fi series must have skin tight space suit? They really should wear proper pilot gear like this guy in my signature wears. It's a lot sexier in my book ^.^
Exactly, space is full of radiation which will either give people cancer or kill them real fast. What I would give to see a mech pilot wearing a G-Suit.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 21:15   Link #86
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
The one mecha that the main male character piloted reminded me of an EVA when it's in Berserk mode which I really like. I'll be following this series there was nothing really in the first episode that I hated.
me three. When it started running, I thought it was gonna crash into one of those insects, rip it apart with its claws, and possibly eat the insect's flesh. Unfortunately, the main mecha's motion isn't as smooth as EVA's

Good start, I will definitely be following this series
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 21:25   Link #87
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
There always seems to be a God mode mecha these days. Don't know what to tell you other than the model kit seems to sell faster the more overpowered the unit, but the show also can't suck and have the overpowered unit kit sell, which GSD had to take the bullet to prove to greedy sponsors.
It's not a mecha though. It's a giant monster alien, in the likes of Godzilla, Ultraman kajiu, etc. Sure, it looks a little unbiologically Zerg compared to the Bronze Insectoid monsters, but it's definitely not mecha. Natch.

From what the opening narration insinuates either, what we're seeing out of the Heroic Tribe is just a mere shadow of it's true powers. It looks like it's powerful enough to destroy planets, for gods sake. That might explain why there's probably only 5 of them in existence, since they are the type of aliens that destroys themselves for all their destructive strength.

It's nice to see that the response seems fairly in-the-middle without any outright negativity.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 21:25   Link #88
rageguy

great episode 1. the artwork looks just like soukyuu no fafner, which was an awesome series.
rageguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 21:57   Link #89
syniel

I can't say as I liked it or disliked it much, either. The characters are so far very basic in keeping for the epic theme they are building. Many of the visuals pleased me very much, however.
syniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 22:32   Link #90
Paranoia833
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
The teleportaion systems seem to work just fine on Lolaus's mech + 2 grunt mechs.
It's probably just me misremembering, but do we ever see the grunt mechs teleporting? The impression I got was that Iolaus was the only one with that ability. It could be that for whatever reason (kewl powers?), Iolaus is the only one on the crew that can teleport.

In any case technology to block teleportation probably does exist, since we know the bugs had it (they were opening all those portals) and it didn't occur to them to teleport inside the Argonaut or the Princess' ship (although in the latter case that could be explained by saying their portals are too imprecise to reliably board small vessels with).

Granted that's mostly me grasping at straws to justify the internal logic of an anime I only first heard of two hours ago, but what the heck, it's fun.
Paranoia833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 23:17   Link #91
ThoHell

Dang, just watched the 1st episode, good animation, story line is a little eh since we don't know much about it yet. In some ways it kind of reminds me of Utawarerumono, with the whole main hero transforming from human to a giant godlike creature. I'm a little confused...isn't he suppose to be huan, but yet he's also part of the hero tribe? From the looks of the hero tribe, it's really only one being....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 23:24   Link #92
Noran
Musouka

Location: In a peaceful, serene place at night, watching the beautiful stars twinkle in sight
Send a message via AIM to Noran Send a message via MSN to Noran
ahhh I've never heard of the anime until I saw the fansub, and I must say that I'm not only pleased, but impressed by how it looks. Sure the characters look like those from Fafner, which in a way remind also reminds me of the Gundam Seed characters, but the plot looks quite interesting. I really liked the mechas, except for the kind of... monster looking face of Age's mecha. The way it went berserk reminded me of Evangelion and his face reminded me of Utawarerumono's monsters, if you know what I mean. What I thought was most interesting though was the music, especially the song in the beginning, which I think is the same as the song on Starchild's Heroic Age page, which sounds almost exactly like the Lion King where Simba beats Scar and goes on top of that rock to roar at the end. Anyways, I'm hoping to see a lot more of this anime and fast! :]

Noran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 23:43   Link #93
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noran View Post
ahhh I've never heard of the anime until I saw the fansub, and I must say that I'm not only pleased, but impressed by how it looks. Sure the characters look like those from Fafner, which in a way remind also reminds me of the Gundam Seed characters, but the plot looks quite interesting. I really liked the mechas, except for the kind of... monster looking face of Age's mecha. The way it went berserk reminded me of Evangelion and his face reminded me of Utawarerumono's monsters, if you know what I mean. What I thought was most interesting though was the music, especially the song in the beginning, which I think is the same as the song on Starchild's Heroic Age page, which sounds almost exactly like the Lion King where Simba beats Scar and goes on top of that rock to roar at the end. Anyways, I'm hoping to see a lot more of this anime and fast! :]
Wow, you put a lot of thought it that. The one thing I didn't like right off the bat was when the word "saver" was mentioned and the princess character (I don't know why, but I just don't like her). I had more than my fill of that from Kiba! Beside that I'm completely looking forward to this anime! Go go war of the worlds!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 04:14   Link #94
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
It's not a mecha though. It's a giant monster alien, in the likes of Godzilla, Ultraman kajiu, etc. Sure, it looks a little unbiologically Zerg compared to the Bronze Insectoid monsters, but it's definitely not mecha. Natch.
And I thought of Utawarerumono. >.>

First episode was a good one. Interesting glimpse of the plot to come, and I must say it feels Epic. EPIC. At the same time, the OP did a great job of introducing us to it. I like space-themed operas, so I'm digging this. Also, it seems to be able to take itself both lightly and seriously throughout the episode. I lol'ed at the way he thanked the Fu-to and called a Processor "Mother," and later awed at the way he took down the nest.

I wonder if he can control his morphing into The Great Being, or whether it just takes over him without him remembering anything after. I think the latter would be likely, and if it is, it'll be a loss to me, IMO. I'm bored of those types of characters that unconsiously possess God-like powers and then feel guilty of them. It'll be much more interesting if he knows about this himself and can think for himself while in "God-mode." I also wonder why The Bronze Race attacked; they didn't seem to want anything from the planet except to crash and burn; and I thought that was rather weak without an explanation.

But that's just the first episode. I'll be following this.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 10:14   Link #95
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
And I thought of Utawarerumono. >.>

First episode was a good one. Interesting glimpse of the plot to come, and I must say it feels Epic. EPIC. At the same time, the OP did a great job of introducing us to it. I like space-themed operas, so I'm digging this. Also, it seems to be able to take itself both lightly and seriously throughout the episode. I lol'ed at the way he thanked the Fu-to and called a Processor "Mother," and later awed at the way he took down the nest.

I wonder if he can control his morphing into The Great Being, or whether it just takes over him without him remembering anything after. I think the latter would be likely, and if it is, it'll be a loss to me, IMO. I'm bored of those types of characters that unconsiously possess God-like powers and then feel guilty of them. It'll be much more interesting if he knows about this himself and can think for himself while in "God-mode." I also wonder why The Bronze Race attacked; they didn't seem to want anything from the planet except to crash and burn; and I thought that was rather weak without an explanation.

But that's just the first episode. I'll be following this.
Utawarerumono came into my mind too, but I prefer to avoid those lines of spoilerific talks. If Bebop ending is spoilerific, then Utawarerumono definitely qualifies. They're not Darth Vader = Anakin Skywalker.

Fuuto = Food? lol

Anyway, the background story half-translated by Eleutheria should answer some of your mysteries...

Spoiler:

So, technically, the Bronze aliens were most likely sent by the Silver tribe.

But damn, this is supposed to be an Argonaut + Tarzan story in space. Where's Hercules's harem?

Edit : And alongside that background info, here's Heroic Age's version of the 12 Labours, which is obviously going to be the plot and drama for Heroic Age.

Spoiler:

So, summing it up, we're going to witness Age go through SOME SERIOUS MINDFUCK, and worse still if he falls in love with the princess. (( which has like a 99% chance of happening...))

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 10:42   Link #96
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

LOL at the labours, doing that which others were once punished for, to make good.
The 7th is interesting, I wonder what kind of take they will give it.
The 9th labor really gets on my nerves, you never see coexistence, it always has to be domination. Being master not by your own power but by that of others.

Last edited by Aidan; 2007-04-05 at 12:02.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 10:49   Link #97
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

While not exactly attention-grabbing, it was fairly nice for a 1st ep. Lol@ space tarzan meets Gundam While an insanely overpowered Evangelion like mecha is not exactly my favorite thing, the setting is interesting enough to be a keeper. Here's hoping for some nice, large space battles

Other than that i don't have much to say about the show yet, will have to see more to comment.
Old 2007-04-05, 11:13   Link #98
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

The mecha (lack of a better word) reminds me of the demi-armor form Maze then Uta or eva.
Old 2007-04-05, 11:35   Link #99
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
What I would give to see a mech pilot wearing a G-Suit.
You could try getting Front Mission 5 if you
a) have a PS2
b) can understand japanese
c) blackmail Square Enix to localized the goddamn game
They really ought to make an anime adaptation for that game instead of all the ero game

Macross Zero is probably the closest you can get for a mech pilot with G-suit

Quote:
... worse still if he falls in love with the princess. (( which has like a 99% chance of happening...))
Bet Iolaus is setup to be the jealous rival
Age's henshin looks more like a monster than a mecha.... i wonder how they are gonna launch him into combat? Sling shot him into space?

Quote:
I also wonder why The Bronze Race attacked; they didn't seem to want anything from the planet except to crash and burn; and I thought that was rather weak without an explanation.
Look at the 12 labour you posted, I think anyone would like to stop their own homeland from being conquered.
Old 2007-04-05, 11:39   Link #100
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Y
Look at the 12 labour you posted, I think anyone would like to stop their own homeland from being conquered.
i thought that list was a joke

Tags
action, science fiction