AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 49 28.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 26.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 12.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.59%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-02, 21:51   Link #161
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
in this new season i hate the new character they are crap I only like the old ones (nanoha,fate,hayate) thats about it

and the ep was perfect
Old 2007-04-02, 22:01   Link #162
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Haha who needs brakes . The roller blade idea isn't that bad if you can't fly. Though yeah some sort of braking system (outside of crashing) could be a handy idea.

Poor Yuuno the guy just has no luck. Guess they couldn't find a good place for him in the OP.
Old 2007-04-02, 22:15   Link #163
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@Nightengale

What? Since when? He only talked about her in chapter 3... brb...

edit(2): The exact words were -

Fate: Nanoha loves her work very much, but I think Yuuno-kun still worries about her right?

Yuuno: Yeah, I do get worried sometimes, but... Ever since I first saw her in the sky, somehow I felt that... More so than anywhere else, she belongs in the sky.
Yeah i guess that's what he is referring to.

Old 2007-04-02, 22:28   Link #164
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Having watched the fansubs, I finally appreciated the sheer awesomeness of it all. Despite being weepy, Subaru is not spineless. This episode has a lot of elements normally associated with "shounen" series, and it kicks all sort of ass when applied to girls with overwhelming power.

Random Thoughts on Ep01:
---- ----
  • It is easy to understand why Subaru idolises Nanoha. As a young impressionable kid, being rescued by a beautiful lady and carried to the starry night sky as she embraces you against her body... damn. It almost seems romantic.
  • They laid down the rules pretty quick in this episode. Explaining the strengths and weaknesses of Teana and Subaru. I guess they wanted to avoid one-sided battles in the future.
  • Unlike most hot-blooded male leads in Shounen-series, Subaru shows that she does have a measure of tactical thinking. She may still have her occasional hiccup (letting her guard down and not knowing how to brake), but at least she proves that she can come up with a workable combat plan (to take out the Sniper-bot).
  • Foreshadowing of Teana's background story. Hopefully it will not become a red herring.
  • Raising Heart sounded pretty desperate to set up. I guess she hasn't been seeing a lot of action lately.

"We need more enemies, my master!"
  • Who created Raising Heart anyway? Yuuno was her original master.
  • Raising Heart now has "safety locks". Ah... the joys of administration.

"We need to lift the limit NOW! Where's the damn authorisation?!"
  • No Bardiche.
  • Subaru is going to be in the same group as Vita... another person who excels in close-combat to the extreme, but lacks in long-range combat abilities. Personal lessons from Vita?
  • I noticed that they did not reveal Hayate's transformation scene... Given that Hayate's combat ranking is higher than either Fate or Nanoha, I am guessing that they will only show Hayate's transformation scene when they something as a last resort.

"Fate and Nanoha can't handle it? Reinforce Zwei! Prepare for sortie!"
  • I will so hack a lung out loud if they parody a Robot-Combination scene for Hayate's Unison-Transformation.
  • Even better... Hayate unifies with her Knights. I mean hey, the four of them can be the limbs.
Cheers.
Old 2007-04-02, 22:30   Link #165
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight
Poor Yuuno the guy just has no luck. Guess they couldn't find a good place for him in the OP.
It's all a conspiracy!

(Well not really 'no luck', Nanoha did want him to go with them on a hotspiring trip.)

@raidou

For the record,
Quote:
... More so than anywhere else, she belongs in the sky.
Only means that he won't worry about her too much.
Old 2007-04-02, 22:30   Link #166
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Foreshadowing of Teana's background story. Hopefully it will not become a red herring.
They already explained Teana's backstory in the manga.
Old 2007-04-02, 22:34   Link #167
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
They already explained Teana's backstory in the manga.
Which chapter was that again?

I remember something about her losing her brother 3 years ago I believe...
Old 2007-04-02, 22:36   Link #168
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Ch 5 and 6 I believe.
Old 2007-04-02, 22:40   Link #169
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
It's all a conspiracy!

(Well not really 'no luck', Nanoha did want him to go with them on a hotspiring trip.)

@raidou

For the record,

Only means that he won't worry about her too much.
Ahh no no what i mean 'he' as in the guy that mention this in omni blog >< not yuuno

Haha Nanoha did want him to take bath together with her before she knows she is a
boy

I think that Subaru idolizing Nanoha also has something to do with her mother being a mage to . Teana background a little bit on 5 ,mostly on ch 6.
Old 2007-04-02, 22:51   Link #170
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidou
Ahh no no what i mean 'he' as in the guy that mention this in omni blog >< not yuuno

Haha Nanoha did want him to take bath together with her before she knows she is a
boy
Ah, my bad...

@Raidou & Village Idiot
My chap 5 scan is in chinese, and I can't read a word of Japanese in chap 6... Luckily there's wiki...
Old 2007-04-02, 22:53   Link #171
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
[*]Who created Raising Heart anyway? Yuuno was her original master.
The Scrya dug her up. Yuuno wasn't her master so much as he was trying to use her to boost his own abilities... he actually isn't a very good combat mage. Though he IS ferociously powerful at dimensional, binding and analysis magics. Probably can dance rings around just about anyone else on theory too.
Old 2007-04-02, 22:54   Link #172
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
The Scrya dug her up. Yuuno wasn't her master so much as he was trying to use her to boost his own abilities... he actually isn't a very good combat mage. Though he IS ferociously powerful at dimensional, binding and analysis magics. Probably can dance rings around just about anyone else on theory too.
He also makes other libranians look like nubs.
Old 2007-04-02, 23:03   Link #173
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
He also makes other libranians look like nubs.

Don't forget transformation! He can "go where no man has gone before!"
Old 2007-04-02, 23:04   Link #174
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Don't forget transformation! He can "go where no man has gone before!"
its actually funny
Old 2007-04-02, 23:08   Link #175
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, I have to admit I found that kind of meh. The formula felt old and tired to me - and none of the new characters especially appealing. As for Yuuno's absence, well - I will miss him, but as pretty much all he did in S2 was shout "Nanoha!" in alarm, it really doesn't amount to much either way. A really good character, but the writers never knew what to do with him after the first arc.
Old 2007-04-03, 01:07   Link #176
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I just noticed something when I re-watched the episode. Yesy fansubs called Nanoha's intel weapon "Raising Heart" but isn't it suppose to be "Raging Heart?
Old 2007-04-03, 01:11   Link #177
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
I just noticed something when I re-watched the episode. Yesy fansubs called Nanoha's intel weapon "Raising Heart" but isn't it suppose to be "Raging Heart?
Its confirmed in official articles to be Raising Heart.
Old 2007-04-03, 01:16   Link #178
JediNight
キズランダム

Skane: I think safety locks and clearance checks are in order when your 3rd most powerful spell causes a 10m wide blast to go out several miles from the initial point

Btw is the quality on that D-TV raw for Ep1 any better than the 500mb raw? Otherwise I guess maybe I should wait another day for a better raw.
Old 2007-04-03, 01:23   Link #179
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

recent update from yesy's site

The current raws which have been capped from the Mietv airing are not of high enough quality to warrant a re-encode of StrikerS. These raws include the Sayaman raw (D-TV 704×396 DivX640 24fps) on Tokyotosho and the “MTV 640×360 DivX651, ZtLHFWR4KO” raw propagating on share. Hopefully the KBS airing (4/04 2:00 AM JST) will yield good results.
Old 2007-04-03, 01:25   Link #180
JediNight
キズランダム

Okie np, even the current raws are far better than what was available 5 years ago, so it will do for now
Closed Thread