AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-03-22, 07:03   Link #4841
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

From what i read on a New England forum they plan go with Ridley from LSU And Woodhead and with the RB position being so downgraded they could also draft one Like LaMicheal James out of Oregon who is a beast out of the shotgun or Doug Martin from Boise.
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 07:59   Link #4842
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
So New Orleans can potentially keep him for another two years even if Brees just sits on his ass and he doesn't sign both years?
Yep. But the new CBA only allows you to tag a player twice. Not sure if they can still tender him after that or not, but they wouldn't be able to franchise him a third time.

Last edited by GDB; 2012-03-22 at 14:02.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 22:35   Link #4843
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I somehow get the feelings all those games NBC would have covered in New Orleans this coming season will somehow end up being done in Denver and Seattle instead, post-haste.
Old 2012-03-23, 03:49   Link #4844
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drob_QB7 View Post
From what i read on a New England forum they plan go with Ridley from LSU And Woodhead and with the RB position being so downgraded they could also draft one Like LaMicheal James out of Oregon who is a beast out of the shotgun or Doug Martin from Boise.
New England needs a true franchise kind of back. They've played it cheap for years. Who was the last guy that was a beast for them in the run game? Corey Dillon in his short stint there? They need someone to bring that kind of authority back to the ground game.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 09:47   Link #4845
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Tracy Porter goes to Denver?!

Oh the irony...

Peyton: Well...this is a surprise.
Tracy: Hi, Peyton. Sorry about that interception int the Superbowl, heh.
Peyton: It's cool. Just do the same to Brady in the playoffs.
Tracy: Will do. By the way, there's no sign of a bounty scheme here is there?
Peyton: Was I one of those targets?
Tracy: Er...no...
Old 2012-03-23, 13:34   Link #4846
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drob_QB7 View Post
Ridley looked good last year other than the fumbles at the end of the season. I'm not convinced yet, but he showed some glimpses of talent, so maybe he can handle the load Green Ellis is leaving. I hope the Patriots make some good moves this draft, I'm sick of seeing them trade down every other year.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 02:01   Link #4847
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Chicago makes another steal by signing Michael Bush. Getting Marshall and Bush cheaply...Emery has had a good start as new GM. Now here's hoping Chicago drafts some OLs in the first couple of rounds, because they need to protect Cutler for once.
Old 2012-03-24, 02:54   Link #4848
Samari
World's Greatest

I think Bush is going to tear it up in Chicago. It will be interesting to see how Matt Forte plays into this.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-24, 03:09   Link #4849
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Chicago makes another steal by signing Michael Bush. Getting Marshall and Bush cheaply...Emery has had a good start as new GM. Now here's hoping Chicago drafts some OLs in the first couple of rounds, because they need to protect Cutler for once.
Excuse me... while I faint... WE DYNASTY NAO!

NOTE: I already used "We Superb Owl Nao" after getting Marshall.

But wow. To mix Bush... with Forte. Plus, an expected improvement in the passing game. Just hope there's enough defense to complement this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari
It will be interesting to see how Matt Forte plays into this.
Ah yes. Totally forgot about the BS contract situation. If Forte becomes disgruntled, well, consider next year his last one as a Bear. After all, Bears let go of Thomas Jones after the Super Bowl year, in order to feature Benson. Of course, that was under Angelo.

Now to address the #1 need (potentially in the draft): Offensive Line.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 14:08   Link #4850
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So...is wingdarkness still alive? Or did 'The Bounty' break him?
Old 2012-03-28, 10:36   Link #4851
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

NFL owners vote to make regular-season overtime rules match the playoff format and have turnovers automatically reviewed.
Old 2012-03-28, 10:53   Link #4852
GDB

Can't decide whether this helps the teams who usually use their challenges on turnovers more, or the teams that almost never challenge turnovers more.

Also, about time they made playoffs and regular games the same. If you need one to get to the other, they should have the same rules. Only difference should be losing in playoffs, you go home. (And for faster games than football, maybe best 2 out of 3 instead of single match, but that's definitely not for football.)
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 15:14   Link #4853
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Also, about time they made playoffs and regular games the same. If you need one to get to the other, they should have the same rules.
Well, I was fine with the... win OT in regular season off of just a field goal. Yet, the result of the OT rules from last year's playoffs did produce some exciting situations. So, for it to apply in the regular season, I'm fine with that too.
Old 2012-03-29, 00:22   Link #4854
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
NFL owners vote to make regular-season overtime rules match the playoff format and have turnovers automatically reviewed.
Wow really? I think the overtime rules should never have been changed. Even for the playoffs.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-29, 07:22   Link #4855
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Wow really? I think the overtime rules should never have been changed. Even for the playoffs.
Guaranteed 1-possession per team on OT? That's actually fair and not as gay as college OT.
Old 2012-03-29, 08:45   Link #4856
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
the new rules certainly make it more exciting and fair. It usually seems like whomever wins the coin toss will win. It usually isn't hard for most offenses nowadays to move into field goal range late in games.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 15:09   Link #4857
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
the new rules certainly make it more exciting and fair. It usually seems like whomever wins the coin toss will win. It usually isn't hard for most offenses nowadays to move into field goal range late in games.
The last time the regular rules were in effect the team that won the coin toss won less than 30% on their first drive. The game is completely fair. You don't want the other team to win, don't let them drive down the other side of the field. You don't want to go to overtime, prevent it from happening. Pretty simple. This "fair" talk is completely ridiculous. Football needs to stop being babied down.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-29, 15:25   Link #4858
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
The last time the regular rules were in effect the team that won the coin toss won less than 30% on their first drive. The game is completely fair. You don't want the other team to win, don't let them drive down the other side of the field. You don't want to go to overtime, prevent it from happening. Pretty simple. This "fair" talk is completely ridiculous. Football needs to stop being babied down.
Y'gotta factor in the additional rules while allow offenses to move the ball more easily against the defense. So, that 30% win rate on the first drive has become inflated.

While I agree with regards to the NFL becoming more "pussified", y'also gotta consider the costs of doing business when players get hurt, especially QBs. So, all these rule changes: it's a money thing. I don't like it, but that is today's NFL.
Old 2012-03-29, 16:34   Link #4859
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

This new overtime isn't babying the NFL down. I see it as the opposite. It forces the team who gets the ball first actually make an effort to punch it in to the endzone to seal the game instead of quitting after getting to the 30 and sending the kicker out. If anything, this is something that helps the defense from a 'bend but don't break' aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
While I agree with regards to the NFL becoming more "pussified", y'also gotta consider the costs of doing business when players get hurt, especially QBs. So, all these rule changes: it's a money thing. I don't like it, but that is today's NFL.
You can't keep doing what you were doing back in the 'good ole days' when you have 300+ former players that played in that era and family members of former players that killed themselves (and had the brain content comparable to someone in the 90s in age via autopsy) suing you over debilitating injuries, mostly concussions, due to lack of effort in trying to prevent them.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-concussions/
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/01/2...ver-brain.html

They had to do something to preserve the sport. Whether they've gone about it the right way is what's up for debate, I guess.

Last edited by Dilla; 2012-03-29 at 16:44.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 17:00   Link #4860
Kyuu
=^^=

Let's add on the sheer fact: A lot more money is circulating in the NFL today, than back in the good old days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla
You can't keep doing what you were doing back in the 'good ole days'
Yea, I know, on the basis of the NFL trying to protect its product. When players get hurt, the league ends up paying - not just in recovery costs, but lost revenue when particular players are not on the field.

At the same time, the NFL can no longer brand its league as this "tough sport", compared to these "good old days". If someone manages to break Favre's QB start streak in the future, it won't be as impressive 'cause of what Favre actually did: like take a beating. Sometimes, he dished a few hits of his own.

Nevertheless, it's sometimes fun watching stuff from the good old days. Given my age, I regret not being a fan back then. Although, I did get around to watching Super Bowls starting in the 90's. I didn't bother with the regular season until the 2000's came along.

Tags
american football, sports