AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-09-24, 13:01   Link #5021
KLGChaos
The Shermain

So I went back and read through the whole series again. The manga is much more palatable when read in one go-through than weekly. I still felt the Tokyo arc was very weak compared to the rest of the manga, mostly because of all the doom and gloom that seemed to surround it.

However, now that I've actually read the full translation, I can still say I don't really like Eba. Her secrets and lies hurt both Haruto and Kazama and I think it's a testament to them that they stayed friends throughout. Not to say Eba was the only one at fault. Haruto and Kazama did their share as well, with Kazama using the dying card and Haruto's blindly chasing Eba. I still believe Eba gets the most, though, because it's obvious she's hiding a lot behind her expressions and her refusal to open up caused a lot of this in the first place.

Haruto giving up on Eba permanently at the end was probably the best thing he could have done and I just wish it didn't take him 30 chapters to realize it. He himself even said he was just desperate and didn't really love her as much. Of course, that didn't make reading through it any less depressing or torturous.

I like what's going on with Asuka right now. It seems like Nanami has given up (the poor girl) and I'm going to enjoy the Asuka x Haruto while I can if it happens, because you know that as soon as Eba comes back, either Haruto is going to hiccup or Seo's going to do a repeat of Honoka and have Asuka dump him out of insecurity.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2010-09-24 at 13:12.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 14:37   Link #5022
justavisitor

Read the translation of the whole spoiler
Spoiler for spoiler for 107:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 14:44   Link #5023
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
So I went back and read through the whole series again. The manga is much more palatable when read in one go-through than weekly. I still felt the Tokyo arc was very weak compared to the rest of the manga, mostly because of all the doom and gloom that seemed to surround it.

However, now that I've actually read the full translation, I can still say I don't really like Eba. Her secrets and lies hurt both Haruto and Kazama and I think it's a testament to them that they stayed friends throughout. Not to say Eba was the only one at fault. Haruto and Kazama did their share as well, with Kazama using the dying card and Haruto's blindly chasing Eba. I still believe Eba gets the most, though, because it's obvious she's hiding a lot behind her expressions and her refusal to open up caused a lot of this in the first place.

Haruto giving up on Eba permanently at the end was probably the best thing he could have done and I just wish it didn't take him 30 chapters to realize it. He himself even said he was just desperate and didn't really love her as much. Of course, that didn't make reading through it any less depressing or torturous.

I like what's going on with Asuka right now. It seems like Nanami has given up (the poor girl) and I'm going to enjoy the Asuka x Haruto while I can if it happens, because you know that as soon as Eba comes back, either Haruto is going to hiccup or Seo's going to do a repeat of Honoka and have Asuka dump him out of insecurity.
masochist.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 15:29   Link #5024
Mentar
Banned

Well, Asuka isn't completely without chances. She's shorthaired
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 19:12   Link #5025
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Hahah soo true
Old 2010-09-24, 19:24   Link #5026
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Seo should pull a Makoto Shinkai and blow everyone's minds.

Oh hai, this was the story of Haruto's first love (and second, third, forth, and fifth). What a bittersweet story! Fast forward into the future and he's alone-- oh sweet youth.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 20:44   Link #5027
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Spot-on But Eba can make a miraculous come back - all she need is a pair of scissors to cut her hair short.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 21:21   Link #5028
justavisitor

I know it will definitely be an Eba route end when Eba makes her return with a short hair look

and frankly the possibility is quite high

Seo's obsession about short hair girl can be scary
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-09-24, 21:26   Link #5029
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I know it will definitely be an Eba route end when Eba makes her return with a short hair look

and frankly the possibility is quite high

Seo's obsession about short hair girl can be scary
Hah I've been saying it all along. When eba makes her return, it's going to be with short hair. And then Haruto has no choice but to chase after her.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 21:31   Link #5030
Johnny
Working the bags...

He'll probably flip flop things and have Eba chase Haruto. In doing so makes Asuka feel insecure and she drops Haruto like a bad habit because of it. From then on we continue down the final arc of Haruto and Eba making babies ever after...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 22:19   Link #5031
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
Hah I've been saying it all along. When eba makes her return, it's going to be with short hair. And then Haruto has no choice but to chase after her.
I hope your predication won't come true since I support Asuka now

Short hair Eba = Good bye to asuka XD
Old 2010-09-25, 05:39   Link #5032
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Maybe in order to deal with his fetish (read: compulsion neurosis) he actually draws Eba with short hair while his editor secretly makes an assistant add some more length

...and none of you can prove me wrong
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 12:34   Link #5033
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Maybe in order to deal with his fetish (read: compulsion neurosis) he actually draws Eba with short hair while his editor secretly makes an assistant add some more length

...and none of you can prove me wrong
lol in that case I would think he would draw all the girls with short hair and have assistants draw em longer after

Man that must be such a hassle.
Old 2010-09-25, 14:30   Link #5034
justavisitor

@Waven

No wonder Eba got demoted then...

This is because one day he bought his own manga and he saw the long hair Eba!!!

And at this very moment, he is fighting to change Eba's hair style back to his liking (Which we all know what it is )
Old 2010-09-25, 15:27   Link #5035
ZeKeR
Superbad

my suzuka similarity senses are tingling again.... PLEASE LET IT NOT BE TRUE FOR THIS!!!!!
i feel nanami will come back soon enough for the lingering attachments drama, assuming if seo didnt push her off altogether.
Old 2010-09-25, 16:49   Link #5036
lightbringer
M9000

From how Nanami's been acting lately, it seems she's finally over Haruto. I doubt she'll try to start something with him.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 17:07   Link #5037
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

So which chick hasn't yearned for Haruto's bones yet?

His sister? When are we going to get to the incestuous part?

I forget, the amount of females gets a bit staggering.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 18:40   Link #5038
lightbringer
M9000

His sister, his mom, and (maybe) Kiyomi (if that was her name - the girl who was in favor of surgery). Just about every other girl is part of the harem one way or another.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 21:43   Link #5039
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Ok, well he can (figuratively / literally) bang out his Mom and sister (hasn't stopped Japan before), and Kiyomi is just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of his league. Completely. He needs a space elevator to be able to just look up at her.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 03:44   Link #5040
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
and Kiyomi is just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of his league. Completely. He needs a space elevator to be able to just look up at her.
Even a certain bike rider was out of Kiyomi's lead. Kiyomi should stay single forever so we can keep seeing those glorious onsen scenes!

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life