AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-12-09, 22:49   Link #21
edogawaconan
Hi
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to edogawaconan Send a message via Yahoo to edogawaconan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DryFire View Post
Uhhh.... that can be clipped out rather easily, or even replaced with one from a raw. It accomplishes nothing,--except pissing off your "customers"--so why bother?

I'm running on low levels of sleep so I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not (though I was pretty sure the first post is a joke; was I wrong?).
you need more sleep
there's no way such messages can be displayed without bothering normal watchers. "do not sell blah blah" text still displayed in bootlegged dvds btw.
Old 2007-12-09, 23:03   Link #22
DryFire
Panda Herder

You should never steal bootlegs! It'd hurt their feelings... It's not like they stole it from someone who stole it.
DryFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 05:32   Link #23
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
Yes, the internet is getting congested
I consider this a myth. My intarweb does fine, thank you. I can download with maximum speed 99 percent of the time, and so can everybody else I know. And I'm sure the remaining 1 percent aren't caused by an actual capacity problem.

Quote:
and we need to do our part to reduce the stress.
Never ask what your internet provider can do for you? You seem to confuse a privately owned company with a kind of public charity service. I already do my part by transfering a certain sum on their bank account every month. A sum they decided. If they coundn't guarantee my download speed I'd switch to somebody else who does things better (=cheaper). Isn't capitalism wonderful?

Quote:
but that is a whole nother issue. btw, streaming video in FLASH player uses far far less kb than having everyone download with bittorent.
Half the filesize (quality), half the traffic. That is true no matter how the data is distributed. So what does that have to do with bittorrent vs. streaming?

And bittorrent, being a decentral service, is a much more intelligent way to utilize a network than a cental server. That's why it has been invented in the first place. Even more so, if you really have to redownload the content every time you want to see it.

Which wouldn't happen because the system would be cracked in no time.

Which wouldn't happen either because fansubbers have no reason to adopt this system in the first place.

I'm honestly wondering if your post was an elaborate joke.
Old 2007-12-10, 13:02   Link #24
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
Now, you can apply a peer-to-peer model for video streaming too..
I find it hard to see streaming and P2P walking hand-in-hand together. BT takes advantage of the relative availability of the "pieces" of a file across the cloud and exchanges pieces in an entirely arbitrary order. So what happens when I start watching a streamed video, and the next piece I need is very rare? I presume it must stop playing until it can find a peer with the missing piece. Streaming, and most other traditional file-transfer technologies like FTP and HTTP, delivers a file in order; BT, at least, takes exactly the opposite approach.

Now I can see the value of P2P streaming from the perspective of creating a larger pool of potential servers. It just seems like a bear to manage unless you have good supply of seeds on hand. If there are only a few seeds to start with, you'd need to hope not too many people want to watch that show for a while until the cloud is bigger and better seeded.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 17:06   Link #25
Aird

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I find it hard to see streaming and P2P walking hand-in-hand together. .
There are applications that use this method of streaming, P2PTV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
So what happens when I start watching a streamed video, and the next piece I need is very rare?
You wait for it to cache again or it'll skip pass it and onto the next part. If you have alot of users and not enough bandwidth, it becomes unwatchable.
Aird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 17:46   Link #26
jfs
Aegisub dev

Actually the case of "missing pieces in the middle" should rarely if ever occur in p2p video streaming, because everyone wants the same pieces in the same order: From first to last. You can usually assume that if one piece is hard to get, the next piece is just as hard or even harder to get.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 03:30   Link #27
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stmice View Post

p.s. save my salary; and stop outsourcing jobs to India....its like going to a doctor!!! would you perfer some one who speaks clearly and coeherently...or the guy that smells like curry(completely not hating on curry...its awesome)....long live I.T. jobs in america!!!

Take a salary cut, let go of social welfare and cease to be an ignoramus about Indians. Long live BPO's. It is a boon to their economy and ours too.

On topic:
Veoh has potential, but it's only a matter of time until Copyright hos dog them to remove alot of content. Personally, I don't like streaming since I don't get my own copy of the show. Just hope that the download option stays up.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote