AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-02-28, 23:30   Link #2321
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

And then get a major storm or hurricane that takes the tree down to your friends that wants a piece of you

The best place to stay in a zombie apocalypse is a big prison.
1. Lots of provisions for large ammounts of prisoners that would take you years to consume.
2. Guns, every prison got an armery somewhere.
3. If it difficult to get out of one with a working brain, how difficult can it be to get in as zombie?
4. Just for the lols, you got sports as basquetball to kill the borement. As well a lot of clothes that you may change if you are too lazy to clean yours.
Old 2011-03-01, 20:59   Link #2322
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Oh Goody! Justinstrife's back and ZeKeR and Cel! It's nice to be back here with you guys again!
And justinstrife has a new Glock too! COOL!! I was going too inform all here that I had purchased a Glock (model 17) myself, but today I traded it in on a Glock model 30! Glock calls it "The .45 fist in a bag", I call The Beast! I still can't upload pictures yet but it's a brutal looking little thing and it's a .45 ACP! Sorry but I like that big old bullet!
Oh, and guys there is a general gun thread available for us too. Not that it matters as this thread has been pretty dead for awhile!
The only two negatives I see for the .45, is ammo is harder to come by, and the recoil is a bitch. In 2009 when I bought my 1911, you couldn't find any .45acp ANYWHERE for several months. The same was true with the 9mm. .40 though could be found at every store around. Also, I find that this little Glock 27 at half the weight, has 1/3 less recoil than my full size 1911, all while adding a couple more rounds per magazine load. Just my own personal reasons for getting the .40
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 22:07   Link #2323
Lost Cause

While I agree with your assesment justinstrife (that and the fact that my Glock is fat! Like a small brick) You have to remember that I've had my Daddy's old .45 for quite some time and have stockpiled quite a bit of bullets in that time, something on the order of 300!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 22:36   Link #2324
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
The best place to stay in a zombie apocalypse is a big prison.
1. Lots of provisions for large ammounts of prisoners that would take you years to consume.
2. Guns, every prison got an armery somewhere.
3. If it difficult to get out of one with a working brain, how difficult can it be to get in as zombie?
4. Just for the lols, you got sports as basquetball to kill the borement. As well a lot of clothes that you may change if you are too lazy to clean yours.
The only flaw with a prison is that once you go inside and waste the materials, you will have to eventually move out of that prison in order to get more needed-materials to keep the group alive and healthy. Another possibility is if the zombies break in, then is there a sewer passage out of the prison? Or is the front door the only way to get out?
Old 2011-03-02, 02:39   Link #2325
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
While I agree with your assesment justinstrife (that and the fact that my Glock is fat! Like a small brick) You have to remember that I've had my Daddy's old .45 for quite some time and have stockpiled quite a bit of bullets in that time, something on the order of 300!
300 might get you through the night. My goal is to have 1,000 rounds for every pistol, 10,000 rounds of .22lr, and 5,000 rounds of .223, plus 500 rounds of 30-06, .308, 12g, etc.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 02:44   Link #2326
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
300 might get you through the night. My goal is to have 1,000 rounds for every pistol, 10,000 rounds of .22lr, and 5,000 rounds of .223, plus 500 rounds of 30-06, .308, 12g, etc.
I'd go with a couple times that concerning the 7.62x63mm. In all honesty, when has that bullet ever let anyone down? (trying to injure and not kill someone is not an option, as that round is one of the worst you could chose for such a task). Get some M2 variants if you really want to.. you know... get the zombie behind the truck made of reinforced steel...

JHPs couldn't hurt at all, either.
Old 2011-03-02, 07:47   Link #2327
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
The .22 leaves much to be desired. I have seen it being fired and the bullets consistently get stuck in the kevlar targetboards. It seems more like a lightweight round that is meant to injure, rather than to kill or to knock down a target.

Maybe you'd be better stocking up on 9mm rounds? They fit into most known handguns.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 21:56   Link #2328
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
I'd go with a couple times that concerning the 7.62x63mm. In all honesty, when has that bullet ever let anyone down? (trying to injure and not kill someone is not an option, as that round is one of the worst you could chose for such a task). Get some M2 variants if you really want to.. you know... get the zombie behind the truck made of reinforced steel...

JHPs couldn't hurt at all, either.
I don't own a firearm that shoots the 7.62 so the only good it would do me, is to have ammo for someone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The .22 leaves much to be desired. I have seen it being fired and the bullets consistently get stuck in the kevlar targetboards. It seems more like a lightweight round that is meant to injure, rather than to kill or to knock down a target.

Maybe you'd be better stocking up on 9mm rounds? They fit into most known handguns.
The .22 has it's uses. It's very cheap to get in large quantities, and long term it would be handy for not only varmit hunting, but also to keep everyone up to speed in firearm training. Also, if you have to leave for whatever reason and plan on being gone for months or years, a 10-22 rifle and 2,000-3,000 rounds would not take up much space. A box of 525 rounds is about the same weight and size as 150 rounds of .40 for instance. And really, I don't know anyone who would want to use a .22 for going up against kevlar. You aim for vital organs if you hope for any sense of stopping power.
Old 2011-03-02, 22:23   Link #2329
Lost Cause

^I'll be responding to this in the gun thread.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 03:15   Link #2330
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Quote:
I don't own a firearm that shoots the 7.62 so the only good it would do me, is to have ammo for someone else.
But you state you would hoard 500 of the 7.62x63mm, which does seem rather counterproductive if you have to rely on someone else having such a weapon to deliver their lethality.
Old 2012-05-14, 21:46   Link #2331
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
The End of the World

Before you ask, this isn't a 2012 thread but it does pertain some to some scenarios that may or may not happen. Whether it is the Second Coming of Christ, Ragnarok, Asteroid Impact or any other end time prophecy one thing is made clear in most religions and sciences, this world is one day going to end. I am not sure if there are any sort of contradictions or mistransliations but one thing is made clear to me, the world is gonna end and every is gonna die. What sort of bothers me is that it feels I just got here and already is going to be in less than ten minutes. I'll admit I am saying this selfish reasons but can this world actually end? Can there be an event that actually elminated humans, animals, the universe and even reality itself? Does anything we do even matter in the face of such an event? I know that even if the end of the world doesn't happen, we will still die from all sorts of thngs but in the End of the World everyone is screwed regardless age, religion, country or status. These questions occupy my mind and I am trying to sort them out but what do you think of the whole 'End of the world' thing?
Old 2012-05-14, 21:58   Link #2332
Seitsuki
Onee!

Well, look at it this way.

These 'events' only hold meaning if you yourself believe in them. They are made from the superstitions and beliefs of the faithful, whatever the object of their faith is and unsubstantiated. If you look at things objectively, the universe has existed for billions of years and the thought that all of that would end just because one species on one tiny planet in one galaxy out of billions believes it would is utterly ludicrous. These are scales which the human mind simply isn't able to grasp. We have words like 'infinite' etc but only as a concept, not a reality. Even if we're gone, which let's not kid ourselves isn't that hard or impossible, that's one thing people can agree on, existence will endure (whether that's a comfort or not is subjective heh). That's the scientific view.

If you take the religeous view, well all bets are off. People are very creative. How are you sure people don't just make stuff up? But it's up to you. OTOH if you do happen to believe into a faith/religion with a doomsday scenario you can at least rest assured that most of those also have a safety net (heaven, whatever) that you can very conviniently fall into. So it's all good either way.
Old 2012-05-14, 22:06   Link #2333
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

It depends on how you approach the concept. In religious terms, the end of all times can mean many things. It's not always the doom and gloom of Revelations. However socially speaking, end of the world prophecies are sort of our way of keeping "mysticism" alive, like astrology or ghost hunting. It's something to talk about, nothing to worry over....unless you actually believe it, in which case most people aren't worried about a prophecy being right so much as who will be stupid enough to try and make it happen. For the most part, it makes for good disaster movie plots.

In scientific terms, the end of life on the planet will be either by our own hand, or the sun when it finally starts to die. You've got something like eight billion years before the sun does that though, so we're good there. The death of the universe, barring something new we discover, will happen when the universe runs out of kinetic energy, otherwise known as "heat death". Everything just stops working and all the lights go out.

Our understanding of the universe's secrets isn't even a drop in the bucket though, and we're always discovering something new. I suspect given another hundred years of scientific advancement what we understand on a fundamental level will be quite different.

Prophets and scientists share one important thing in common: neither of them know everything. To be honest, the biggest driver of things like "the end of the world" is fear of the unknown. In my own belief, I feel that nothing ever really ends or begins, it's just a cycle of existence. The end of a chapter isn't the end of the book, and the end of the book isn't the end of the story. New adventures always await on unknown horizons.

A bit philosophical, but that's just my take on things.
Old 2012-05-14, 22:36   Link #2334
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
I know that even if the end of the world doesn't happen, we will still die from all sorts of thngs but in the End of the World everyone is screwed regardless age, religion, country or status. These questions occupy my mind and I am trying to sort them out but what do you think of the whole 'End of the world' thing?
Well, according to my religion (Islam), living in the world is just a pit-stop during your soul’s entire journey. Thus, I was taught to be a good person the best I can and as fast as possible. There’s a saying in my religion which means more or less like this: “work as if you’ll live forever, but also pray & do good deeds as if you’ll die tomorrow”. It’s a balance teaching between getting as much as you can (in a good way, not through crimes etc) in this world and getting as much as you can later in the afterlife .

In my religion, “the end of the world” literally means the end of everything. It will be the end of Earth, the solar system, the galaxies and pretty much everything. It’s also said that even the angels won’t survive it. It’s God’s will. After that, every single sentient beings will be judged by the God and receive fair and just treatment based on what they’ve done in their entire life. So yeah, in Islam, the end of the world will happen and it’s not as small as only destroying Earth. It’s a big event. And yes, when the world ends, everyone at that specific time will be dead. They're already told about it. Lucky for babies and children, they'll go straight to heaven due to their innocence (if they are still innocent. God knows what will become of our children in the future ). So, it’s up for each individual to believe it or not. But for me, I’ll be as decent as possible while I’m still alive, just in case .
Old 2012-05-15, 00:06   Link #2335
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
The most important for me is to have a yatch or a big motor boat. You could fish for food and and travel at the same time. A yatch with a small motor boat will better. Docking only to resupply. Any guns would be fine as long as you have a lot of ammunition.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 14:04   Link #2336
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

If you're on a boat, better bring lots of limes with you or you'll suffer from scurvy.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 14:07   Link #2337
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
If you're on a boat, better bring lots of limes with you or you'll suffer from scurvy.
Why bother? Vitamin C tablets will do.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 21:46   Link #2338
HasuMasu
*Artist

I wouldn't be able to take that approach, can't swim for shit.
Old 2012-05-16, 03:17   Link #2339
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Don't forget, according to World War Z, the zeds can climb anchor ropes.

Endless "Zed head" Soul
Old 2012-05-16, 04:03   Link #2340
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Damn the Zs, is there anything that can be called the perfect sanctuary against them? It feels like no matter how impregnable your safe zone is, humans always screw up big time sooner or later.

Tags
apocalypse, firearms, survive, zombies