AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-01, 15:57   Link #81
Vulcannis

I haven't read the manga, but if Orihime's power is to reverse time then there are lot's of obvious things that could imply. Transformation processes could potentially be reversed, think hollows becoming arrancar or menos. Maybe even Ishida's power loss could be reversed. Somehow I don't see a normal human getting strong enough to do that kind of thing, though, I mean look how much time and effort it took her to heal that giant shinigami during the SS arc, and I imagine it was easier to use her power in SS than on earth. I can't see an enemy standing around long enough for her to do anything either, even if she could.

I don't really understand why Isshin is keeping everything a secret from Ichigo, you'd think he'd understand Ichigo's problems and want to help a bit right now. And it's too bad it took so long for Tatsuki... I always thought it would be cool to see her with powers back in the beginning, but now she'll be even weaker than Chad and Inoue...

Didn't see Karin knowing about Ichigo coming. Heh, I'd love to see her and Isshin giving Ichigo a hard time over keeping Rukia in his room.
Old 2007-02-01, 16:33   Link #82
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
inoue and sado should avoid engaging in fights they only make things more difficult for ichigo....dont they realize they r weak and not once have they defeated someone strong....
Old 2007-02-01, 17:02   Link #83
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

An omen was prophesized given two signs that alerted something really nasty was about to come forth.

1) Ichigo did not react to Isshin's early morning, lousy crackpots as he usually does, and 2) Kon for once acted MATURE leaving with Ririn, understanding Ichigo wanted to have a lonely moment of peace.
Spoiler:

And here we have the reappearance of the Inoue and Chad uselessness discussion topic.
Spoiler:

Spoiler for For the Arrancar:
Old 2007-02-01, 17:18   Link #84
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
And here we have the reappearance of the Inoue and Chad uselessness discussion topic.
Spoiler:
I thought the reason Orihime and Chad confronted these two Arrancar's was because, they had to. They had no other choice but fight as soon as they confronted these two Arrancars. They were marked as trash, and all trash needed to be disposed of as Ulquiorra would put.

Chad and Orihime must have figured it out that they had two option: get killed as they would try to flee, or get killed by facing their enemy. Heroic death over cowardice squirming any time by any self respecting individual when the end result is nothing but certain death. I loved Orihime-chan and Chad for their resolve to stay and fight even if they appeared foolish at best in the end by taking these two Saiyan head to head.

Quote:
Spoiler for For the Arrancar:
Me neither, probably that's why I was so elated after watching the preview. Watched it three times already.
Old 2007-02-01, 17:59   Link #85
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Ulquiorra must have a hard time breathing or swallowing souls with his hole near the neck area, that's why he unzipped the collar of his jacket; a trademark quirk of his, perhaps?

Now seriously, putting the sarcasm aside.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-01, 19:56   Link #86
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokirigirl View Post
Shinigami's cup was the best one so far : but then, why is Byakuya's hair so neat ?
I think the Shinigami's Cup w/ Kenpachi putting the bells on his hair rivals this one

I couldn't enjoy the episode to it's full potential sadly...something is up w/ this computer and the video was lagging

either way...Chad got owned, bad.

In response to the anime softening manga panels - well...there's the big difference, the anime isn't known to be all that graphic like the manga.
Old 2007-02-01, 20:18   Link #87
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Ulquiorra must have a hard time breathing or swallowing souls with his hole near the neck area, that's why he unzipped the collar of his jacket; a trademark quirk of his, perhaps?

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I agree that Chad and Inoue didn't have many options when they went out there. They could 1. run like hell and hope they weren't killed with their backs turned 2. Fight and die, or 3. Not go up there at all. If they went with the first option they both would've died. The second option is what they went with and wasn't bad. Chad would've bought enough time for Inoue and Tatsuki to get away. 3. Would've been pretty bad since Tatsuki would have died. Nice when Inoue was trying to protect everyone Ishida made it onto the list. Wonder when we'll see him again. Since we've had nothing after he went to see his father.
Old 2007-02-01, 20:19   Link #88
LittleLaptopChan
My good neighbor Totoro

Send a message via ICQ to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via AIM to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via MSN to LittleLaptopChan
hmm...too bad they didn't show how yammy crippled chad; i guess everyone except ichigo is just cannon fodder for now.

even ichigo was cannon fodder against the great glasses-guy-damn-what's-his-name-i-forgot with slick hair at the end of SS arc oh yeah AIZEN!!

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-01, 21:12   Link #89
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
It seems like Inoue will be reduced to support roles(healing) soon. She has no means of attacking at all. Unless a powerup comes soon, Inoue will probably die. Same goes for Chad.
Don't forget that Inoue's attack is capable of cutting through anything. It's only weak because she's not serious enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Oh my! So that black circle in his throat is actually representing a hole? That was a poor depiction of the hole by the animators. He looks even better in that picture!
Of course! All hollows have holes where there hearts should be. They explain that in an early episode.

Last edited by monir; 2007-02-01 at 21:20. Reason: Double post merged!
Old 2007-02-01, 21:24   Link #90
Kona
Banned

Quote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by monir; 2007-02-01 at 21:29. Reason: spoilers removed! Absolutely no manga spoiler in the episode discussion thread.
Old 2007-02-01, 21:25   Link #91
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv View Post
Of course! All hollows have holes where there hearts should be. They explain that in an early episode.
You are right! I suppose I still haven't gotten used to the fact the Arrancar is an evolve version of a hollow. To my defense, I didn't even realize the black circle as a hole until GetaB posted that picture. Btw, Ulquiorra's heart, when he had one, was apparently on his throat!
Old 2007-02-01, 21:31   Link #92
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Actually if you noticed the zipper slides down and the scene changes FAST . I would have expected them to atleast show some more visuals on that hole . For a non manga reader its not easy to find out .

Also the whole scene is just 3-4 seconds from a (distance + zoom ) . I actually wondered something was wrong with my codec coz it seemed in FFwd . Also the transistion is none zilch . Its not a slow zoom but a transistionless zoom

EDIT : Talking about transistion between Key - Frames
Old 2007-02-01, 21:47   Link #93
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah should be interesting who they are there after. I mean Ichigo might make sense considering the Vizards are already there after him. But could they be there after Urahara? Considering the Hōgyoku was made by him maybe Aizen needs him for some reason. I mean if they needed Ichigo, Aizen could've easily grabbed him back in Soul Society.

Though I could be wrong there.
I just thought of something. What if Ichigo really isn't a Vaizard. I don't think any of the Vaizard or Arrancar got their powers the way Ichigo did. Like shinji explained, Vaizard are shinigami that decended to the realm of the hollows. What if Ichigo is something inbetween and his two sides are fighting for control, like what the white guy in Zangetsu world said now and when he was fighting Ichigo. That he will take control.

Is it possible that Ichigo is halfway inbetween (or rather more vaizard but moving toward arrancar) and he wont be a specific one until one of his halves brings the other to submission.

so shinji would help Ichigo get his shinigami side in power while the new arrancar would do the opposite.
Old 2007-02-01, 21:56   Link #94
Vulcannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-01, 22:37   Link #95
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
I just thought of something. What if Ichigo really isn't a Vaizard. I don't think any of the Vaizard or Arrancar got their powers the way Ichigo did. Like shinji explained, Vaizard are shinigami that decended to the realm of the hollows. What if Ichigo is something inbetween and his two sides are fighting for control, like what the white guy in Zangetsu world said now and when he was fighting Ichigo. That he will take control.

Is it possible that Ichigo is halfway inbetween (or rather more vaizard but moving toward arrancar) and he wont be a specific one until one of his halves brings the other to submission.

so shinji would help Ichigo get his shinigami side in power while the new arrancar would do the opposite.
How Ichigo gained his powers is definately an unique situation. Most started either as Shinigami or Hollow. Ichigo was starting as a normal soul more or less. He started becoming a hollow then grabbed his Shinigami powers and there you have it. He could be a really unique type. It would seem that both sides are going to be struggling for control of the body. Ichigo has managed to stay in control most of the time but he's had to fight off the hollow side.

It's possible that the Shinji is trying to help him keep the hollow side under control. Which would of course leading to him becoming one of them. That other side seems powerful though and I wonder what'll happen to Ichigo. His life has gotten pretty complicated.
Old 2007-02-01, 23:19   Link #96
Ardea

The episode was okay. I enjoyed the beginning part where Ichigo didn't dodge his dad's daily attack, and Isshin saying that grades are worthless. That, and Kon telling Ichigo that his dad is totally lame when he was trying to not raise any suspicions of Isshin's shinigami powers. xD

The Chad and Orihime fighting was bleh. Orihime's crappy fighting spirit killed Tsubaki! (well, I don't really think so, but he disintegrated... o_o;; )

Looks like there's a lot of explaining to do! I'm looking forward to seeing what Ulquiorra's attacks are.

And, Byakuya and his joke. Priceless!
Old 2007-02-01, 23:45   Link #97
scorpio516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardea View Post
The episode was okay. I enjoyed the beginning part where Ichigo didn't dodge his dad's daily attack, and Isshin saying that grades are worthless.
I thought it was even funnier that his dad, THE DOCTOR, said grades are worthless
Old 2007-02-01, 23:47   Link #98
Tinkerbell
Public Safety Section 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
No, there is no in-between. Why? Arrancar are originally Hollows who have attempted to gain Shinigami powers. Vaizard are originally Shinigami who have (through various means) gained Hollow powers.

Putting that aside tho, Inoue is starting to build her resolve for fighting and Byakuya was hilarious!
Old 2007-02-02, 00:13   Link #99
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Probably has nothign to do with anything but anyone think something odd about Ichigo's hair getting lighter? Is it just animation or is there something more serious involved in that?

Gotta love Ichigo's Dad. With all the grades being worthless stuff. Of course it's just Isshin being himself and concerned about his son.
Old 2007-02-02, 01:02   Link #100
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
No, there is no in-between. Why? Arrancar are originally Hollows who have attempted to gain Shinigami powers. Vaizard are originally Shinigami who have (through various means) gained Hollow powers.
And ignoring Ichigo's powers he got from Rukia(as they have nothing to do with anything), Ichigo was ORIGINALLY human. His own powers first appeared with a hollow mask AND a soul slayer. He just decided to ignore his hollow half(Hichigo) and pay more attention to his Shinigami half(Zangetsu) more.

So yes, Ichigo COULD be an in-between.