AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-01, 19:36   Link #341
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

This ep was really good better than the previous few ones . It was indirectly based on Snow White ( Sanako ) and Kyohei her prince charming . it was funny and very entertaining I liked the scene where Kyohei tells Sanako dont change you are perfect the way you are . The Kyohei and Sanako romance is going slow too slow to my liking .
Old 2007-02-04, 22:14   Link #342
rooboy
Umeboshi!

What's the name of the OP song for this show?
Old 2007-02-05, 00:58   Link #343
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
What's the name of the OP song for this show?

The op and ed is sung by Kiyoharu (清春) is the former vocalist of Kuroyume and SADS. In 2003 he started his solo career.

Quote:

OP : Slow by Kiyoharu

ED: Carnation by Kiyoharu

Spoiler for Ed 2:

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2007-02-05 at 01:11.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 17:15   Link #344
rumi2007

I love the new op in episode 14...
rumi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 17:22   Link #345
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just watched ep 14 .... okay this episode actually didn't suck even though it was hardly about Sunako (though she had some very good bits in it).

It was a Ranmaru episode...
Spoiler for avoid til you've seen the ep:

First episode since the first handful I've actually enjoyed. The preview seems to portend more Sunako focus ahead.. but unfortunately possibly more goth-loli b.s. (I actually *like* the fashion but these 4 just annoy the crap out of me).
Old 2007-02-05, 18:38   Link #346
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Ep 14 was really good IMO the best ep in the series despite Sanako having almost a cameo . It was good for potraying Ranmaru as a human being that as usal a cassonova . The antics to avoid the matrimony were hilarious . It had just Ranmaru written over it and I aint complaining

The plot was really intresting and it was funny to see th alternate version of Lady no Michi . It was an anticlimax with Ranamaru's heart getting broken but it would have bad if Ranamaru was one woman man . But felt bad for him it was a welcome change to see romance and not KyoheiXSunako centric .

Quote:
I love the new op in episode 14...
Let me say I wasnt exactly thrilled to see 4 Naked Guys in the op but its a welocme change they finally listened to fans and brought some new visuals in thats was good for the show
Old 2007-02-05, 22:28   Link #347
Ardea

I kinda expected that Ranmaru's own flirtatiousness would be his own undoing as soon as he started discussing with the others ways to make girls hate you (and I loved the little "Path to becoming a horrible man" lessons ). Not to say that it wasn't enjoyable though, because I think it's one of the much better episodes. From the Goth-Loli girls' line "Please accept our sweet-smelling, beautiful and fertile bodies!" to Sunako's nosebleeding into Ranmaru's face when he grabbed her chin because he thought he lost his touch. XD.

It's nice to have a new OP, and it seems to be setting up for more Kyohei and Sunako... though I could've really done without the unexpected blast of naked guy on a public computer.
Ardea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 22:39   Link #348
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Around ep 8,9 lady no michi was becoming to boring and not one bit hilarious but its picked up I liked the last ep one as well as this one . They are priceless

Can anyone who understands japanese validate and confirm this ~Onegai~

Quote:
Path to becoming a Lady == Lady no Michi

Path to becoming a horrible man == ??? ( Onegai )
Old 2007-02-06, 01:42   Link #349
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

On the OP: yeah, if the series had started with that OP ... I might not have lasted the first episode (I had to tie myself down to get past the OHHC opener when it was airing).

Lemme see if I can interpret the man's path phrase... (wanders off to look)

Hmmm, the dialog says "cho-waru no michi" and thats what the red subtitle says...
"chowaru" just seems to translate as "ultra""bad person/thing"

When I look at the kanji, I'm getting something like --"ultra""horrible""man" ('s) path-- but then my kanji combination knowledge is weak.

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-02-06 at 02:03.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 12:56   Link #350
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

It's true, episode 14 didn't suck. Despite the overclichè first part (Ranmaru's excess of popularity, goth-lolis... ), the episode managed to redeem itself on the latter.
Other than the gags ("Takenaga-mode", "Kyouhei-mode", "the path to becoming an horrible man") there seemed to be somewhat of a deeper meaning this time, so it kept me interested until the end. It was a while that this anime didn't achieve even that goal.

On a certain point I was wondering what could have Ranmaru done to be actually rejected, I even guessed: what if he just shows his normal self? Neither that worked, that girl (maybe the prettiest of the series until now, even more than Noi-san and Sunako) was actually blindfolded for him. And that's why I say there was something deeper this time and not the usual light pattern.
I don't see what could be bad in Ranmaru eventually being an one woman man. But maybe I'm naive. Though, at 15 (I didn't imagine they were this young, or simply I just forgot), it's too soon for any kind of engagement, indeed.

The problem of this episode is, that they left Sunako totally out of the question, and since I'm now expecting at least other 3 episodes - 1 for each of the other male characters - I wonder what could be of the character development of the *supposedly* one and only star of this show. Well yes, anime-wise after 14 episodes it can be said... supposedly.
Old 2007-02-06, 16:01   Link #351
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I just remembered there was a soap similar to this show . Is the manga based on that ? The concept and story is very similar

Betty la Fea
Old 2007-02-06, 20:39   Link #352
Jesus Christnekoff

I'm not sure if it was exactly based on it, but this manga started running in 2000, a year after Yo Soy Betty, la Fea.

Fun fact for all you Americans: Yo Soy Betty, la Fea has been adapted into a television show called Ugly Betty by ABC.
Jesus Christnekoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 21:08   Link #353
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yeah you are correct . They arent exactly similar but the essence of both is very similar , Girl who presumes she is ugly is thrown amongst Beautiful People ( Fashion Magazine )
Old 2007-02-07, 02:11   Link #354
SinsI

Spoiler for episode 18:

This is exactly what I was hoping to get from the start - beautiful art, hillarious story and masterful execution, simply a must watch.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 08:22   Link #355
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Episode 14, to be entirely honest from a personal perspective, was just great.

The OP animation was more fitting to the OP itself and it gave hope that there would be more to the SunakoxKyouhei relationship by the end of the series. The animation was above par, and the plot in and of itself was really interesting. We see into the life of Ranmaru, and we see hope that he'll develop to be less of the dysfunctional Casanova he currently is. Ep18 looks scrumptious as well, as spoiled by SinsI, so I'm hoping the next episodes won't disappoint me.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 21:57   Link #356
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Wow. It only took them 14 episodes to make a proper opening. *note sarcasm*

Episode 18 wasn't too bad, though because I have already read the manga, the plot didn't come as a surprise for me.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 00:09   Link #357
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Ep 15 was released a little later but was worth it . Now its Ka San Enomichi , Hiroshi cracks me up everytime
Old 2007-02-20, 04:08   Link #358
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
lol, episode 16 doesn't have anything towards plot progression but it was an enjoyable episode. the 'fight' for the headband was just great, i had to rewind and watch it several times, definitely the highlight of the episode.
Old 2007-02-21, 03:31   Link #359
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Episodes 15 and 16.

Not particularly shining as for plot advancement, they had a positive element in common: the balancing between screentime for "chibi Sunako" and "normal Sunako" is getting more adjusted and fair. Actually in episode 16 I think we saw more beautiful Sunako than her counterpart.

There's also a very slight hint of character development, since Sunako-chan if anything seems a bit more willing to fight, "outside" from her own world. The puppets are no longer the only reason worth of life (even if it still seems so), and that's a step ahead.

These 2 episodes also managed to make me hate the gothgoth-lolilolis a bit less .. so I'd give a 6 and a 6,5.

From episode 17, it seems that we're approaching to female fanservice (Sunako, Noi ad Ranmaru's "bride" at a beauty centre, or so it appears), it would be the first time for this anime, a good one too
Old 2007-02-21, 03:35   Link #360
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I have not watched 16 thanks to ep 15. It was very dissapointing the concept was great they could have made it way better . Felt as though watching a Naruto filler . The only good part in ep 15 was Hiroshi before op then it was just downhill . They really didnt have to resort to such an bad ep after ep 14 .