AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-07-19, 18:50   Link #341
Shizuo
Bartender

Location: For my safety, I'm going to say Australia... Wait...
If High School of the Dead is anything to go by. Zombies can't see. So if we all stay very quiet, we should be fine. Therefore we don't need to fight or anything. We can just stay home and sleep through the whole thing. Unless you sleep-talk or something, then you're screwed.
Shizuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 19:36   Link #342
james0246

^Or better yet, construct areas with "Thumpers" or something that creates a lot of noise, thus drawing all of the zombies from nearby to one area. After you have gathered the entire local zombie population, you can then fire bomb the area, destroying all the zombies within hearing distance.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 20:11   Link #343
Seitsuki
Onee!

The most interesting kind of apocalypse would be if they were both smart AND fast. Like us, but dead. And the whole wanting to eat us thing. Should be more fun than shooting something mindless huh?
Old 2010-07-19, 20:25   Link #344
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
The most interesting kind of apocalypse would be if they were both smart AND fast. Like us, but dead. And the whole wanting to eat us thing. Should be more fun than shooting something mindless huh?
First thing that comes to mind is Resident Evil. They had parasites though, and weren't considered "real" zombies.
Old 2010-07-19, 20:44   Link #345
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Surely they would be classed as a sort of Vampire?
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 20:51   Link #346
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Agreed. All three suck. I would rather go back home, and if things turn out bad (Haruhi forbid!) I have to shoot my own parents and siblings.

The hospital is the worst place to go to : it is a living quarters for infection. Most people would go there for the bites they have received, and while under intensive care they spread the virus.

Army bases and police camps are probably the better ones. They are loaded with weapons, supplies and monitoring systems for Code Black scenarios (top level biological threat).

Finally someone who picked a good weapon! A dual-purpose tool/weapon would equal to one less thing to carry around. You can open bolted doors with a Kukri actually due to the methodology of use being chop/hack rather than slash.

It's a pity the length isn't that long....I would rather you went with a Pinuti.

^ = sensible. Melee is only for last resort.

You are lunch. Don't carry that much with different kinds of ammunition types, you will die.

Stick to a single caliber type or carry only two types of different ones. I would pick the 9mm and 5.56x45mm to make things easier (and for ex-Soviet states, a 5.45x39mm or 7.62x39mm to replace the latter). Shooting things at the head with a pistol within 10m is usually instinctive due to the sights being built for quickaim rather than precision aim.

I would turn out my hummer to load with medical and food supplies in larger quantity than ammunition.

Try firing the basic pump-action ones like the Mossberg or Remington 870 loaded with blanks, or the M1014 without the stock extended. You'd be surprised at how hard the recoil is, so you won't hit anything more than 5m if you don't have experience firing it.

And 5m is a rather short range.

Regarding other guns, a ranged weapon would be your best bet. For those people who don't have training, I would recommend a M4 carbine because the M16 series mods are pretty easy to use. Though I would rather go with an MP5N or CPW for accuracy's sake - saves ammo in the long run. Plus the latter's ammunition is pretty light and can hit stuff up to 50m.

The MP5 is good for executing precise shots in a row, like the double tap due to its lack of recoil.
thanks for the compliment.... its one awesome blade.....
Old 2010-07-19, 21:22   Link #347
Lost Cause

Ok, I aplogise in advance for not keeping up with the rest of y'all, but here goes.
First up my weapons picks: Beretta 92 pistol, Crossfire 12gauge/223 combo rifle(saw in a gun magazine once) Roman Gladius sword (short, good for hack/slash as well as stabbing) aluminum baseball bat (short one).
Garage! You get into a really well stocked auto repair garage and you can pratically build your own silencer or sword!
5 "tag-alongs", ammo bearers, scavengers, bait(!), and scouts. Wounded get left behind.
Vehicle of choice: Stryker!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 22:54   Link #348
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
I thought the phrase was 'not even if you were the last man on Earth'
All my life I've had girls tell me, "not if you were the last man on Earth!"

Haha, well that may be true but let's see what they say when I'm the last man on Earth with a sweet ass, pimped out ride, bitch!

<3 RvB

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 22:57   Link #349
james0246

^Unless they just shoot you then steal your "pimp'd out ride" j/k. Probably best not to pull over...

Bitches gotta find a way to live too...
Old 2010-07-19, 23:06   Link #350
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Or better yet, construct areas with "Thumpers" or something that creates a lot of noise, thus drawing all of the zombies from nearby to one area. After you have gathered the entire local zombie population, you can then fire bomb the area, destroying all the zombies within hearing distance.
I recommend playing rickroll over rock concert-type amps and putting a GPS beacon in the centre. Then we drop "enhanced blast weapons" (or so what the Brits call them).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 23:51   Link #351
FateAnomaly

Those people in Guatemala are lucky. They already have a hole they can use.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 07:22   Link #352
JokerD

For weapons, I'll get whatever gun I can get my hands on, an M16, SAR21 or even an Ultimax. Rifle cleaning kits are a must, along with a few boxes of 5.56

But enough about weapons. At a supermarket, what would you grab? I would usually grab can food but the weight would be a problem. No perishables, cheese might be good, baby food like pureed fruits should be surprising useful as well. Food that does require heating or chilling would be worth their weight in gold. My thinking would be biscuits, energy bars and chocolate. Too bad supermarkets don't stock army style field rations. Sure the taste suck but in a survival situation those would be very good.

BTW, I suddenly got the thought of commandeering a steam roller and going over a horde of zombies...
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 08:31   Link #353
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
BTW, I suddenly got the thought of commandeering a steam roller and going over a horde of zombies...
If you could fortify the top of a Steamroller, then you definitely use the vehicle. But, due to the slowness of the vehicle, it doesn't seem practical. That being said, you might want to use a bulldozer instead: faster and more versatile, the Bulldozer would supply the crushing ability of the steamroller, along with a versatile weapon (a 'blade') that can be used to bash, thrash, dig and lift. You'd still need to fortify the top of the vehicle, though...
Old 2010-07-20, 09:19   Link #354
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
If you could fortify the top of a Steamroller, then you definitely use the vehicle. But, due to the slowness of the vehicle, it doesn't seem practical. That being said, you might want to use a bulldozer instead: faster and more versatile, the Bulldozer would supply the crushing ability of the steamroller, along with a versatile weapon (a 'blade') that can be used to bash, thrash, dig and lift. You'd still need to fortify the top of the vehicle, though...
You made me think of this!
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 09:42   Link #355
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
For weapons, I'll get whatever gun I can get my hands on, an M16, SAR21 or even an Ultimax. Rifle cleaning kits are a must, along with a few boxes of 5.56

But enough about weapons. At a supermarket, what would you grab? I would usually grab can food but the weight would be a problem. No perishables, cheese might be good, baby food like pureed fruits should be surprising useful as well. Food that does require heating or chilling would be worth their weight in gold. My thinking would be biscuits, energy bars and chocolate. Too bad supermarkets don't stock army style field rations. Sure the taste suck but in a survival situation those would be very good.
You won't want a SAR 21 in that situation. Those things are combat reload nightmares. Even the accuracy isn't much to talk about, and they are much heavier than the M16.

Quote:
Imma steam roller baby! Just rolling down the line!
Imma steam roller baby! Just rolling down the line!
So better get out of my way now,
or I gonna roll all over you.....
So you better get out of my way now,
or I gonna roll all over you.....

Quote:
You know about those roadsweeping vehicles? Replace the spinning brooms with grasscutting blades.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 09:46   Link #356
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I always had the mental image of rolling around in one of these when the undead comes around.

Considering my town got one of the biggest manufacturing facilities in the world for these babies... Aw yeeea.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 09:47   Link #357
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
AK-47 all the way, baby! Best gun you could ask for taking down hoardes of zombies in the night.

Just felt like saying that
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 09:52   Link #358
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
You made me think of this!
Ah, a Killdozer. Just what the doctor prescribed for a case of zombie-apocalypse...I was thinking more of this only larger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You know about those roadsweeping vehicles? Replace the spinning brooms with grasscutting blades.
Admittedly, putting spinning wheels of death on anything would instantly up the 'zombie-prevention-application' of any vehicle....
Old 2010-07-20, 10:06   Link #359
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Seems like most of people here could grab some weapons .

Weapon shop in my country :

- Gun Ball
- Water Shotgun
- M4A1 Paint-spraying
- Famas with Flag inside ()

Seems like i have to make a nail gun like Hirano

Well , my country is only melee weapon mode while others are Range weapons + Melee .

I can put my hope on my machete meh . Unless that i take the 2 hunter rifle from my father ^^
Dunno what are their name but first one can only shot 2 bullets per reload and the other one use a magazine full ammo (hmmm like 10-15 bullets )
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 10:20   Link #360
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post

Well , my country is only melee weapon mode while others are Range weapons + Melee .

I can put my hope on my machete meh . Unless that i take the 2 hunter rifle from my father ^^
)
You can find a hunting weapon shops if you are lucky, there you can hope to loot a bowgun at worst or a hunting carbine at best. You just need to know where to look, I do.

But yeah, I agree that zombie apocalypse in France is like playing in Hard mode.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, firearms, survive, zombies