AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-20, 12:26   Link #41
MarthX

Except Kai 12 doesn't involve Rena using her cleaver at all. School Days 12 apparently had someone being stabbed which is no surprise since it's been foreshadowing it for the past two episodes.
Old 2007-09-20, 12:28   Link #42
Cruel
Spiff'd Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
the thing is the tense might be dropped within the week.
Also, considering they swapped a show for Higurashi, they might insert the episode 12 somewhere.

there is however a very VERY dangerous news with what i have shown :
http://zepy.momotato.com/2007/09/20/...-axe-an-anime/

i'm not... not really relieved
That depresses me... How stupid can you be to blame anime and especially when you have the wrong impression of the series. C'mon. Ugh...leh sigh!
Old 2007-09-20, 12:29   Link #43
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Let's not mention that the circumstances are much more different.
Considering how Rena was in such condition, it isn't as similar as School days.
The murders were done as a "need" and as an "enemy to terminate".

SD and the incident is centred about "hatred" more likely.

And sorry, the "motion" of an axe is nowhere near of a cleaver, which can be used somewhat like a knife.
And if we consider how close and "realist" both shows are, SD is much closer in this incident than school days.
Old 2007-09-20, 12:39   Link #44
Mappy
Eat This!

This only confirms my suspicions that the media is run by imbeciles, considering the show has moved on so far from anything that even remotely places it in danger of looking like it is emulating this unfortunate incident. But, I dare say, having the current arc with the title 'Minagoroshi-hen' probably isn't doing the show any favours at all. At least, in the minds of the imbeciles.

With any luck, they're just going to hold things off until this all cools down. But really.... I'm feeling like Zetsubou-sensei right about now: I am in despair!
Old 2007-09-20, 12:39   Link #45
cf18
Mecha Pilot

It is creeping into mainstream newspaper now...
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...00932-san-soci
Old 2007-09-20, 12:55   Link #46
Dark Wing

So lets see here the daughter killed the father with an axe. The reason the father was killed was because he was spending all his time and money on a new girlfriend and the daughter didn't like her at all. After they talked the daughter got upset and got the axe.

That was the official story...That just screams Tsumihoroboshi-hen.

Seriously though people this may spell the end of anime as we currently know it so look forward to more shows like Lucky Star in the near future...
Old 2007-09-20, 12:56   Link #47
Mappy
Eat This!

This is like watching a trainwreck in slow motion.
Old 2007-09-20, 13:00   Link #48
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
So lets see here the daughter killed the father with an axe. The reason the father was killed was because he was spending all his time and money on a new girlfriend and the daughter didn't like her at all. After they talked the daughter got upset and got the axe.

That was the official story...That just screams Tsumihoroboshi-hen.
that's completely the reversed way.
Rena slaughtered Rina and Teppei, as a way to protect her family.

the girl in question is in wreck, she hated her father, and the rest of the family didn't give crap of it, or the fact she was abused.
===> hello to berserk mode. this looks MUCH MORE like SD than tsumi if you ask me.
Old 2007-09-20, 13:00   Link #49
Cruel
Spiff'd Member

This is freakin drama. I can't wait to see what other anime they'll cancel...*sarcasm*
Old 2007-09-20, 13:08   Link #50
MarmoO

I think it may be interesting as a sociological subject, looks like no matter where, media are always the same. I hope that Higurashi won't be slaughtered as a scapegoat here ;_;.
Old 2007-09-20, 13:08   Link #51
Dark Wing

Quote:
that's completely the reversed way.
Rena slaughtered Rina and Teppei, as a way to protect her family.

the girl in question is in wreck, she hated her father, and the rest of the family didn't give crap of it, or the fact she was abused.
===> hello to berserk mode. this looks MUCH MORE like SD than tsumi if you ask me.
Still the similarities are so close no wonder they pulled the show. Actually if I remember right I heard this whole blame thing got started because a couple of guys on 2chan were jocking about it...
Old 2007-09-20, 13:15   Link #52
Mappy
Eat This!

Quote:
Still the similarities are so close no wonder they pulled the show. Actually if I remember right I heard this whole blame thing got started because a couple of guys on 2chan were jocking about it...
Yes, but we're so far past these events, canon-wise, that canceling the show now just looks like an act of reactionary desperation. It doesn't actually surprise me that they did it, but it was still a stupid thing to do.
Old 2007-09-20, 13:18   Link #53
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You want the reportage? here you go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1KRbodCk7c

maximum anger around 7:31.

Happy fun time with medias !
Old 2007-09-20, 13:27   Link #54
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mappy View Post
Yes, but we're so far past these events, canon-wise, that canceling the show now just looks like an act of reactionary desperation. It doesn't actually surprise me that they did it, but it was still a stupid thing to do.
True but look at it form the anime companies point of view. There have been loads of crimes blamed on violent anime and has been making all the companies and fans look bad. Since the young girl in this case said in an interview that she wanted to be mangaka it makes the anime community look even worse now. So naturally these companies don't want take the risk of being crushed all together. In other words pick your battles when you know you can win.

Surely this is just a temporary knee-jerk reaction though. I really can't see shows being permanently canceled just because of a murder story what with anime being a multi-billion dollar industry and all. Money talks, especially in Japan.

Quote:

maximum anger around 7:31.

Happy fun time with medias !
If anything the Japanese media are just doing what media does best, over blowing everything. They find a possible scapegoat and they go insane over it disregarding any other potential causes that are more likely.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2007-09-20 at 13:39.
Old 2007-09-20, 13:28   Link #55
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Seriously though people this may spell the end of anime as we currently know it so look forward to more shows like Lucky Star in the near future...
No, Lucky Star is too good for this Bad Future, it's all Key Erogame anime all the time, UGUU, MOTHER FUCKERS.

If you'll excuse me, I have a shotgun to french kiss.
Old 2007-09-20, 13:29   Link #56
hcl4

I think it doesn't help that the opening for Higurashi Kai features a bloody hatchet albeit for just a brief second.
Old 2007-09-20, 13:30   Link #57
Fear-less+heart

I wonder if they would have preempt Higurashi Kai and the final episode of school days, if this event happean a one after the final episode of school days.
Old 2007-09-20, 13:45   Link #58
Mappy
Eat This!

Quote:
I think I'm more outraged by the sheer awfulness of this news/media report than the murder and its unsustainable and unsupportable pop-psychology explanations. It looks like a children's light-entertainment show gone wrong, with all the dodgy props, screens and presenters with pointers.
Old 2007-09-20, 13:49   Link #59
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarmoO View Post
I think it may be interesting as a sociological subject, looks like no matter where, media are always the same. I hope that Higurashi won't be slaughtered as a scapegoat here ;_;.
Thats that totally true...

In Japan they blame violent anime.

In America they blame violent video games.

They blame video games all the time in America, but rarely does it actually affect anything. It's just a lot of hot air being blown around by idiots. The actual people don't give a damn, and don't even listen.

I hope it is the same in Japan though I can't help but wonder when they'll start on video games too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mappy View Post
I think I'm more outraged by the sheer awfulness of this news/media report than the murder and its unsustainable and unsupportable pop-psychology explanations. It looks like a children's light-entertainment show gone wrong, with all the dodgy props, screens and presenters with pointers.
This is insane. You don't need to see an anime or video game to pull that kind of stunt. All it takes is hatred. No one has even mentioned the situation of the family, maybe the dad was a jerk. I'm only see one solid fact, that it happened. They don't cancel violent shows in America because some kid decided to do this or that.
Old 2007-09-20, 13:59   Link #60
USCPharmacist

What the hell? did you guys copy pasta from 4 chan or you guys posy on 4 chan as well

Anyway, it's like 9-11, company are always pussy when it comes to these matters so that's no surprise. Although I am royally piss that I have to wait for the Dvd to find out all the answers. On the other hand, calling the death of the axe girl would just feed those faggot reporters who usually know absolutely nothing about everything. I swear that we need to look at what kind of crap those journalism school are teaching our kids to see if they are not wasting their parents' money

BTW, I hope that ATX would air it, seeing it is a private channel (like cable? right?)
Closed Thread