AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-12, 14:27   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One Piece - Chapter 542 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
Old 2009-05-12, 14:29   Link #2
marvelB

There's a small summary out right now:

-Apparently our old friend Blackbeard has arrived at the prison, and is sucking up jailors in his black hole.

-Magellan seems to have regained control over level 2. Meanwhile, Shiryuu is busy rampaging through the prison, slashing his way through prisoners and jailors alike.

-A female jailor (probably Sadi or Domino) tries to stop Luffy's group, but ends up getting owned by the Luffy/Croc/Jinbei trio.

Hmm.... so if it's true that Blackbeard is at the prison, then what purpose would he have there? Perhaps he's decided to make those big, bad level 6 pirates part of his crew? While I do believe that would be a really awesome twist, I just gotta wonder how the government would let that fly. Still, I can't really think of any other reason for him to make a surprise visit to ID, especially since Ace just left the place.....

Heh, I figured that Shiryuu would be rampaging through the prison once he was freed. I'm pretty sure that we'll see a glimpse of whatever power he possesses at this point, though the summary hasn't mentioned it. And of course, Luffy's team once again shows their overwhelming might. Sure, they'll eventually be impeded by Magellan and Shiryuu (and Blackbeard, if this summary is 100% accurate), but I still think it's fun to see those 3 tearing through the prison right now. I hope that Iva and Inazuma will get their fair share of boss battles, as well.....
Old 2009-05-12, 14:36   Link #3
syler321

if blackbeard is in there it means hes got a reason,every scene with him so far has been pretty cool and he is a really cool charcter,espcially cos him and luffy have the same goal of becoming the pirate king.

i think if blackbeard is there its probably cos he either wants to join some new nakama from level 6 like u said,or that he heard about what is luffy doing there and wanted to come and see what is he doing...
Old 2009-05-12, 14:44   Link #4
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Hmm.... so if it's true that Blackbeard is at the prison, then what purpose would he have there? Perhaps he's decided to make those big, bad level 6 pirates part of his crew? While I do believe that would be a really awesome twist, I just gotta wonder how the government would let that fly. Still, I can't really think of any other reason for him to make a surprise visit to ID, especially since Ace just left the place.....
Maybe BDK's there to stall Luffy from getting to the execution on time?
Old 2009-05-12, 14:53   Link #5
marvelB

I'm also pretty stoked about Blackbeard's return (the spoiler summary seems to have been confirmed to be legit, by the way). He's one of my top fave villains in the series, after all. In fact, I realized something..... Teach might be the one to comment about Luffy's Haki again. He previously mentioned Luffy's "ambition" (Haki) during the Jaya storyline, so if he catches Luffy duking it out with Magellan, he might also say that he possesses the "quality of a king"......

And I wonder.... if Magellan stopped the level 2 riot, does that also mean he caught Buggy and Mr. 3, as well. Heh, if that's the case, then those guys never get a break! Well, they'd be able to escape anyway when Luffy arrived to deal with Magellan, but still......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
Maybe BDK's there to stall Luffy from getting to the execution on time?

I doubt it. There's already a bunch of marine battleships patrolling the outside of the prison anyway, so why would the government need to send extra protection? I'm pretty sure Teach went to the prison on his own volition, and for reasons only known to himself. Whether or not it has anything to do with Luffy is anyone's guess, but I still don't really see any point in him holding off Luffy at this point......

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-05-12 at 15:04.
Old 2009-05-12, 15:38   Link #6
junte86

If the spoiler right now is true, I got some new info about it.
the female jailor is Sadi and her Monster guards are no match for Croc, Jinbei , Luffy

I dont know if its true or not but it seems way to chaotic in terms of... Mangake's capacity.
Many Mangake(Araki for instance) told audience the reason Magan always end up 1 on 1 or 2on 2 and war become like small skirmish was the limit of Mangake to draw it properly in paper.. I dont know if Oda can pull this one right..
Old 2009-05-12, 16:16   Link #7
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Holy %&&! Blackbeard is back! Plus Shiryu in action! Its going to be an awesome chapter!
Old 2009-05-12, 16:25   Link #8
SMASHERJACKSON

if BB is rly there i think its to either recruit some of the prisoners [and possibly use them against WB] or to set those who are against WB free to help tip the scales in WG favour
Old 2009-05-12, 17:04   Link #9
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

So I guess Blackbeard is going to leave Newgate to WG, letting them to focus all their power on the whitebeard pirates, while he initiates his own plans. Since the WG may not be able to deal with all of them at the same time, they may have to let go of Blackbeard and ignore his actions for now, though with no real knowledge on what his intentions are, this will be a risky thing to do.
Old 2009-05-12, 18:04   Link #10
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
So I guess Blackbeard is going to leave Newgate to WG, letting them to focus all their power on the whitebeard pirates, while he initiates his own plans. Since the WG may not be able to deal with all of them at the same time, they may have to let go of Blackbeard and ignore his actions for now, though with no real knowledge on what his intentions are, this will be a risky thing to do.
I thought Blackbeard was there trump, to standing above Whitebeard?
Old 2009-05-12, 18:41   Link #11
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Aww that poor giant koala lol.
Old 2009-05-12, 18:49   Link #12
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
I thought Blackbeard was there trump, to standing above Whitebeard?
Apparently not, considering that he has seemingly abandoned the battlefield...
Old 2009-05-12, 19:11   Link #13
mr.muscles

Location: west coast is where i live and it can't be beat no matter what.
Haha thats totally amazing that blackbeards there now cause he is totally amazing. perhaps hes there to finish what he started with luffy and get more people to fight for him. maybe he will free san jaun wolf and use him as his ship?

^_^
Old 2009-05-12, 19:12   Link #14
andy

What the Fuck is BB doing at ID can't wait to see what going to happen .
Old 2009-05-12, 19:27   Link #15
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Apparently not, considering that he has seemingly abandoned the battlefield...
and thats why this spoiler smells fruity.
Old 2009-05-12, 19:30   Link #16
james0246

^I partially agree. Blackbeard showing up all of a suden makes very little sense, so here is hoping that he has a damn good reason for appearing at Impel Down.
Old 2009-05-12, 19:44   Link #17
Master Mold
Banned

^Word on the net is that Blackbeard there to release all the odd balls Whitebeard K.O.

Oda didn't show them level six has beens yet so.....
Old 2009-05-12, 19:44   Link #18
Rainbowman

I hope that part on Blackbeard at Impel Down is fake. Otherwise I'll be locked in surprising shock.

(surprising shock)<"WHAT'S BLACKBEARD DOING AT IMPEL DOWN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

< "This is a twisted turn of events." "woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo!"
Old 2009-05-12, 19:46   Link #19
junte86

According to the Script in Arlong park

BB doesnt come to Impel Down
he just talks with the Marin soilders around him while Kuma is reading Moria is sleeping and
Mihawk doing nothing
and Back to Impel down Magellan agrees letting shiryuu out

Croc uses his ability to open Level 3
A big Gaol net or bullet caugths half of the Escapee army or more (excluding important charcs of course)
and fight continues.. and suddenly Mr.2 is stabbed by Shryuu

and back to the ship Ace is held
WB appears attacking Marines to rescue ACe
Old 2009-05-12, 19:50   Link #20
Master Mold
Banned

^rap it up I'll take it, this spoiler over the one big bad MB has posted. (No offense MarvelB)
Closed Thread