AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2012-08-12, 14:46   Link #1301
Nidhogg

Ouch! Would this line of dialogue be considered NSFW?
It looks like Yagi is starting to gather all of the loose ends, 'cos you know, Clare is going to see Priscilla's awakened form emerging from that mass and somehow she's going to find out that Raki traveled with her for YEARS! (holding breath until chapter #130 comes out.) That boy's got some 'splainin' to do.
Nidhogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 15:21   Link #1302
Carnagerulez

I wonder how Yagi is going to handle the next chapter. As I'm sure, most of us are finally anticipating the big, proper(screw the last eps of the anime)showdown between Clare and Priscilla, since they're practically right next to each other, but what about the other factors: Cassandra getting closer to Rabona, and the group of Awakened Beings outside the town. Whether they'll participate in the conflict or just watch is uncertain. I can honestly see Miria and the crew try to bait Clare out of fighting Priscilla because of the ensuring shitstorm.
Carnagerulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 15:11   Link #1303
Nidhogg

You have a point there, the ghosts will need all the fighters they can get. We've already seen in previous chapters, how Clare reacts to the very name "Priscilla". I'm wondering if Raki will try to put himself between Clare and Priscilla and hopefully stop the fight. He will have to reveal that he traveled with Isley and Priscilla for several years and how is it he got so big and buffed out.You know Helen will blister his ears over that one. Will Raki end up being one of the most important players in this drama, because of his connections with both Clare and Priscilla? Come on chapter 130!
Old 2012-08-29, 18:24   Link #1304
Carnagerulez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
You have a point there, the ghosts will need all the fighters they can get. We've already seen in previous chapters, how Clare reacts to the very name "Priscilla". I'm wondering if Raki will try to put himself between Clare and Priscilla and hopefully stop the fight. He will have to reveal that he traveled with Isley and Priscilla for several years and how is it he got so big and buffed out.You know Helen will blister his ears over that one. Will Raki end up being one of the most important players in this drama, because of his connections with both Clare and Priscilla? Come on chapter 130!
Lol we almost there. Yeah there's just so many factors that could happen in the upcoming chapter. Though tbh I don't see Clare getting pissed with Raki's reveal. She doesn't seem like that kind of character, but she'll have problems on what to do next.

And I can almost see this happening: The group escapes with the citizens of Rabona to the mainland on the ships they got from the Org. I don't why, I can see it happening but it also seems unlikely. That might be just to much of a huge jump.

On an unrelated note: I don't know about anyone else but I'm excited about the mainlands. The fact that Yagi revealed not only a whole new breed of monsters but an entire species has gotten me very interested in Claymore now. I have many questions regarding the Asarakam/DoD's. Most of them are common amongst others' thoughts: How powerful are they. What could they do in a fight. And mind scratching questions like will they be foes, or unlikely allies towards the cast? What kind of behavior/mindset do they have? Are they going have a superiority complex? Do they see themselves as "earth protectors" and see humans as threats to their homes?
Old 2012-08-31, 15:39   Link #1305
Nidhogg

I'm not sure if "problems" is a word I'd use to describe Clare's feelings about Raki palling around with Priscilla all those years. Remember her reaction in both the manga and in the sucky parts of the anime? She lost whatever reason she had left and attacked without thinking that Priscilla would own her ass so quickly or easily!
You know the organization would love to "Research" her, but only Raki or Isley seemed to be able to influence her. Isley's dead now and Raki isn't likely to be sympathetic to their cause, not after having been a "guest".
Starting to hold breath until #130 is released.
Old 2012-09-09, 15:05   Link #1306
Nidhogg

Chapter 130 did not answer any questions at all as far as I can see. Priscilla blew past Miria like it was nothing, then she lit into the gathering of awakened beings for no apparent reason. It came out that "Priscilla" is actually a merged being fighting itself for control and neither outcome sounded fun. The warriors all sang "Kumbaya" ate s'mores and readied themselves to fight the winner of the battle between Priscilla and the merged Rafaela/Luciela. WTF!? Is this all part of the winding down of Claymore?
Since no one has posted or commented on this page, I guess I'll turn out the lights as I leave. G'night everybody!
Old 2012-09-09, 18:41   Link #1307
Carnagerulez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
Chapter 130 did not answer any questions at all as far as I can see. Priscilla blew past Miria like it was nothing, then she lit into the gathering of awakened beings for no apparent reason. It came out that "Priscilla" is actually a merged being fighting itself for control and neither outcome sounded fun. The warriors all sang "Kumbaya" ate s'mores and readied themselves to fight the winner of the battle between Priscilla and the merged Rafaela/Luciela. WTF!? Is this all part of the winding down of Claymore?
Since no one has posted or commented on this page, I guess I'll turn out the lights as I leave. G'night everybody!
Wait wait wait! I still come here often. Anyways, I hope this isn't the definitive end of Claymore There's still the mainland to cover up, the war with the Asarakam, and how our warriors will deal with them if they decide to travel to the mainland OR the Asarakam find out and decide to attack the island where the humans have been developing the only weapons that are on par with their dragon forms. My guess is, after this climactic fight, Yagi will confirm the true(remember ch.126?) sequel to Claymore, ala Naruto Shippudden or something similar. I hope Yagi doesn't ignore this. Plus, I have a feeling that Priscilla might not die yet for some reason.

Also off-topic question: Do the Asarakam have human allies? I ask this b/c in Ch. 126, Rimuto reveals that the Draconic tribe and Kin are actually one in the same: similar to the relationship between Claymores and ABs. Is Rubel really a spy for them, or did he just reveal that info for Miria just because?
Old 2012-09-10, 14:39   Link #1308
Nidhogg

It seems I was a bit hasty.
Way back in an earlier chapter, it was revealed that Rubel was a spy planted in the organization with the intention of bringing it down. He only revealed it to some of the ghosts knowing full well, they couldn't go to the org. without facing execution for desertion. He suspected that the four warriors, Miria, Deneve, Helen and Clare were partially awakened and did not want the org. to find out. He hoped that sending them to the north would eliminate them without arousing suspicion. (Enough with the history already!)
It appears that the claymore saga is at a crossroads and could go in any one of several directions. There's the "some of the org. people are still alive, let's chop 'em up!" And the "let's kill Priscilla and go home!" Or the "The youngsters need our help, let's go back!" and of course "We've got a big ass abyssal coming, let's hope Priscilla takes her out after she kicks ass on that merged being!" WHEW! The mainland and the dragonkin aren't even on the storyline horizon yet. As far as weapons to fight dragonkin. Am I the only one who has noticed the lack of projectile throwing weapons? Archery doesn't exist in this world apparently, nor does gunpowder. In our sad little world, archery is several millenia old, gunpowder and primitive cannons appeared in China and later appeared in Europe, the apparent setting for Claymore.
Old 2012-09-10, 16:28   Link #1309
Carnagerulez

So the Asarakam do have human allies, and Rubel is proof of that?

Anyways, about the ways of which the Claymore manga can go during and/or after this climactic battle: On the manga forum, it seems that everyone is suspecting Yagi to end the manga after this fight. The reason being is that I heard Yagi wanted Claymore originally go for 25 volumes. There's always the sequel thing under a new title, but it seems that everyone believes that Claymore will certainly end after this fight If this is Claymore's final strides, then I would ask: what was the point of the plot twist revealed after that battle in Rabona? Why did Yagi go through the trouble of possibly revealing a new setting with new characters and enemies, if Yagi would never get to that point in the story Would it just have been better off if we didn't know about the origins of the Yoma and Org. or just leave out the mainland part?
Old 2012-09-11, 05:06   Link #1310
astrallionheart

More things happened in the last 3 chapters than the last 50, so it seems like Yagi is trying to just accelerate through the story--maybe he's tired of writing Claymore and wants to try something new.
astrallionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 13:31   Link #1311
Nidhogg

Read chapter #84 and 85 in volume #16, Rubel outs himself as a spy for the enemy, or rather, he is outed and he doesn't deny it.
It does appear that Yagi is tiring of Claymore and is tying the ends together, if he is limiting the manga to 25 volumes, he's partway through volume 23 now. We'll have to wait and see. I for one, will miss the series. Strong women who can kick ass, look great and aren't feather brained morons always interest me more than the big titted bimboids. (not that I'm opposed to girls with boobies!"
Old 2012-09-11, 14:02   Link #1312
Carnagerulez

Yes you have a point about the women. "What?! An anime with an all female cast and it isn't cluttered with fanservice? What debochaury is this?! Lol. Anyways, this could be the end of Claymore in name. Yagi could easily make a sequel manga that will focus on the mainland and the Asarakam, provided he still has the interest and creativity to do it. Hopefully, he does.
Old 2012-10-03, 16:10   Link #1313
Nidhogg

Well everybody, it is now October 3rd and chapter 131 should be getting posted any day now. Anybody care to speculate how it will go? Will the ladies jump right into the fray or will Clare and Raki get a chance to actually TALK to each other?
Old 2012-10-05, 19:29   Link #1314
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

How about they fight some random nameless grunts instead. Prissy can wait.
Old 2012-10-06, 02:30   Link #1315
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This is just a reminder but with the release of chapter 131 now it completes another tankoubon, with this the 23rd one which won't be released for sale until at least two or three months.

That means two more tankoubon left translated to twelve chapters remaining for the manga, if Yagi-sensei keeps things under schedule.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 08:21   Link #1316
limao
DeAd

It's a shame Claymore 2nd part of the manga (after Pieta) was so much inferior to the first one where originality was spread all over.
limao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 00:41   Link #1317
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

They really need to rethink the way they categorize threads. Manga thread should be here, where we can find it. It's such a huge pain in the arse to look for it in the Manga sub forum.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 13:53   Link #1318
Nidhogg

Riful?

Not sure of what to make of the last few pages of chapter 132. Does this mean that our favorite loli abyssal, Riful of the west is back or is this some brainless decoy designed to draw off the abyssal feeders, destroyed by an annoyed Priscilla. There's a whole lotta WTF!? factors in this story arc now. And Raki still hasn't been asked any meaningful questions by any of the warriors. Are they just accepting the fact that he's a big strapping man now with lots of muscles? The awakened males certainly noticed them, why haven't Miria and Co.?
Old 2012-11-10, 14:33   Link #1319
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Below is a link to my anime / manga review blog which has Claymore reviews in it:

http://anime4review.x10.mx/

@Nidhogg I guess Miria doesn't see a reason to look into why Raki built muscle in that way while the awakened guys naturally would wonder about a guy who hangs around with female Claymore.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 17:54   Link #1320
Nidhogg

That's kind of what I'm wondering about. The male awakeneds certainly noticed him. Yet Miria and Co. haven't? They didn't wonder at how he was able to kick so much ass on the organizations men? The twins certainly remarked about his fighting style as being like theirs.