AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-11-01, 02:30   Link #261
KBTKaiser

I think I need to step in with an explanation now...

During parts of Otome's path and D.C. Path...

Spoiler for flashbacks and spoiler plot:

whew...anyone care to add on? >>;
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 03:01   Link #262
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
whew...anyone care to add on? >>;
Haha - nothing to add per se; good summary. That basically supports the rationale for my earlier opinion about which way they'd probably head in the anime. The further you stray from the way they present that aspect of the story in the game, the harder it'd be to layer everything in a way that makes sense.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 03:20   Link #263
KBTKaiser

I'd say more, considering that I left the ending of the D.C. Path completely in the dark, but time is short for me right now.

*dives back into Job overtime*
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 18:12   Link #264
Koutarou

wow this thread finally wakes up again ^^;;
its been a while since i last played it...
im probably gonna play it again after i get christmas days
Koutarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 20:34   Link #265
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, I wanted to finally get around to posting my summary/impressions of Minatsu's storyline, since I don't think anyone has talked about it yet. In short, I wasn't too fond of Minatsu at first (not a big "tsundere" person), but I liked where they went with her storyline. It's a bit clichéd, but that was okay.

Spoiler for Minatsu's Story (believe it or not, this is the summary version ^^; ):
Any fellow game-players out there, please help correct any inaccuracies or add any additional details. Despite the length of the summary, I feel like it's missing a lot of the details and "connecting" parts which better explain how little things come about. But that should at least give non-game players an idea of where they went with it. While I don't think they'd use this as a major plot in an anime adaptation, I can definitely see how they could use it as a nice side-plot. All in all, I liked Minatsu's story... and her voice is definitely much cuter when it goes up an octave or two...
Old 2006-11-05, 22:26   Link #266
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Spoiler:

Now that's a comment I would've never guessed -you- would make.
Old 2006-11-05, 22:36   Link #267
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
Now that's a comment I would've never guessed -you- would make.
Hahaha! Actually, it may sound like I'm being cheeky or metaphorical or something, but I'm dead serious! It actually comes up in almost exactly that way in the script! I laughed. But as I said, both her hatred of humans and bananas gets addressed... Lest it be said that the game doesn't have a (bit of a?) perverted sense of humour...

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, they're sort of going to have to brush that aside for the PS2 version. They do address it otherwise in the script, but that's certainly the funniest way.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2006-11-05 at 22:52.
Old 2006-11-13, 02:51   Link #268
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Okay, just a quick bump with some more news for Circus fans. I haven't received my copy yet, but the Decmeber 2006 edition of Comptiq is a sort of D.C. II special edition to commemorate the start of the manga serialization (here's the artist's homepage by the way). In addition to the manga starting, it seems Circus announced a number of new things, including "The Circus Land" (a collection of boardgame-style mini-games featuring Circus characters), the first full D.C. II Fan Disk (this was first announced in Dengeki G's; apparently they're deciding whose scenarios to include by popularity polls), and also "D.C.BOX", which is a compilation re-release of the original D.C. that includes the main game and all the fandisks to commemorate the fifth anniversary of D.C.'s release. For those planning on getting C.D. Christmas Days, they've announced the final path on the website (Tsumire from AR), and they've also revealed what'll be included with the First Press Limited Edition. Oh yeah, and the character light novels are starting to come out this month too. So, as can be expected, the merchandizing continues...
Old 2006-11-13, 03:03   Link #269
DanielSong39

And so, an anime conversion seems inevitable... good news for all D.C. fans!
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 03:07   Link #270
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
And so, an anime conversion seems inevitable... good news for all D.C. fans!
Well, I'm pretty sure that was always to be expected. As they say, it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. What I'm most curious about is whether King Records will want to recast all the VAs again. We'll see...
Old 2006-11-13, 09:10   Link #271
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Seems like the Asakura sisters do have their own storylines in C.D. (Plus new CGs).

Then again, does D.C.II's original storyline provide a a pre-and-post Christmas scenario?
I mean...
Spoiler:
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 10:55   Link #272
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Then again, does D.C.II's original storyline provide a a pre-and-post Christmas scenario?
I mean...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
That being said, I'm guessing that the sidestories in Christmas Days, if they're "canon" and in the timeline at all, probably take place a year later.
Old 2006-11-19, 02:56   Link #273
problemedchild
ô_ô

Does anyone know the title of the song sang by Yozuca in the promo video?
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 21:38   Link #274
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
Does anyone know the title of the song sang by Yozuca in the promo video?
Yeah - I assume you mean the game's opening video song; it's called "Da Capo II ~asaki yume mishi kimi to~". (See also the first post for more info.)
Old 2006-11-19, 23:59   Link #275
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yeah - I assume you mean the game's opening video song; it's called "Da Capo II ~asaki yume mishi kimi to~". (See also the first post for more info.)
Ah, I know that song. I was talking about the Christmas special promo's song =P

I guess I should of been more clear.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 05:21   Link #276
bluemist
i am the mist

Hello, just dropping by to say thanks to relentlessflame for putting up a wonderful Minatsu summary. Feels so bad having no time to play any bishoujo game right now.

I kinda lazing away since there's no anime announcement in sight, but when it does, at the very least I must finish DCII.
Old 2006-11-22, 00:24   Link #277
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
Ah, I know that song. I was talking about the Christmas special promo's song =P
Oh yeah - that song is "サンタクロースに予約して!" (Santa Clause ni yoyaku shite!) In case anyone hasn't seen that promo video for C.D.C.D. yet, it's available here.

Also, I thought I should mention that Circus has a second chance going on right now for the omake data incentive for people to register their copy of D.C. II, in case you missed it the first time. On the registration card that came with the game, it has a web address for the "'omake data' present". Visit that URL and complete the form, and you should receive a link to download the omake sometime next month. You'll also need to get a Circus User ID by registering the game itself using the other URL on that same card (which, if you're not in Japan and don't have a Japanese name like me, means you'll have to fudge some of the registration data - one field requires you to enter your name using only hiragana )

And, bluemist, thanks - it was my pleasure, though I just hope that people will correct me in case I missed or misread any important details. I was too lazy to take screenshots the way you did, though.
Old 2006-12-01, 17:33   Link #278
AznSoulBoy
Syouke

What? Da capo II Christmas day ? Omg how come Kotori is here. Shes not supposed to be like 54 years old O.o? Im confused.

Last edited by AznSoulBoy; 2006-12-01 at 17:54.
AznSoulBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 18:15   Link #279
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznSoulBoy View Post
What? Da capo II Christmas day ? Omg how come Kotori is here. Shes not supposed to be like 54 years old O.o? Im confused.
It's a fandisk that has different stories from different Circus games. The stories aren't connected to each other in a timeline or anything. So, you have a story with Kotori from D.C. (with Junichi as the protagonist), stories with Otome and Yume from D.C. II (with Yoshiyuki), etc. They're all separate. I'm guessing that when you start the game, you'll be able to pick the story you want to see right away (as happens on a lot of fandisks).

Edit: Maybe a better way of saying it is: It's not a D.C. II fan disk that has a Kotori story in it, it's a Circus fan disk (for many games) that has D.C. II stories in it.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2006-12-01 at 18:45.
Old 2006-12-01, 18:19   Link #280
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

hmm can't wait for DCII anime to come out, i hope this time Nanaki will get the guy since Kotori missed out....

By the way i'm wondering the same thing as Aznsoulboy, why is kotori in DCII christmas day? I would think she is like a old lady now lol.
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, ero-game, eroge, game, games, romance, school life, seinen, visual novel