AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-09-21, 16:09   Link #3181
Tiberium Wolf

Were the black boxes of that plane that when a few months ago in the Atlantic near Brasil found or not?
Old 2009-09-21, 17:13   Link #3182
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The Black box was found ,

Black Box is an outdated device in terms of technology . Black Boxes don't have a GPS system when our phones do . The problem isn't technology problem is standardizing and implementation .

The article below analyzes the crash and recommends several changes w.r.p to Airline Industry .

http://www.physorg.com/news163429331.html
Old 2009-09-23, 23:59   Link #3183
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
Most important is that you are personally convincing (of'course you'll need some good arguments too, but I am not in that sort of business - thus cannot help you there). No company wants to waste time (==money) on someone who is not 100% into the stuff he/she is doing.
Ain't he trying to get into the college department, not the company?
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 23:15   Link #3184
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Anyone here a doctor or in a med school?
Old 2009-09-27, 01:12   Link #3185
Splitpersonality
Amateur Psychomocologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Is nightmare during the day considered daymare?
Technically it's still a nightmare in the sense of it being an unpleasant dream, that takes place during REM.

So I would say, no it's still considered a nightmare :P
Splitpersonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 19:49   Link #3186
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Ain't he trying to get into the college department, not the company?
I guess that is the right thread for such questions. What is that college department you are talking about?

I thought he wants to do accounting as major. I thought it meant to be an employer + university partnership thing, where you basically have to convince the employer that his investment in your education is worth it. I am sure I just do not understand it. Where I live... if you want to go to an university, you just subscribe yourself and then hope that your school results were good enough to be allowed (when there are more applications than there are free places only the applicants with the best results will be allowed) ... or take a major where there are less competitors or less applicants than available places.

Last edited by Jinto; 2009-09-27 at 20:03.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 12:16   Link #3187
Cipher

Is acquiring *ALL* college-based job requirements impossible?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 16:21   Link #3188
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I am not sure this is the right thread for asking this , as we have the '' could you translater this'' but is seem to be only for translating from japanese to english...
I am planing to use a strophe of one of Baudelaire"s ''Les Fleurs du Mal'' poem on one signature but I fear than the translation might not be as good as I think, Could someone tell me any mistake I made :
Spoiler for the quote in french from ''le beau navire'':

I want to tell you, o soft enchanteress!
The various beauty than adorn your young;
I want to paint to you your beauty
Where childhood combine with maturity.
Yo Ganbaru,

I've presumed that you are translating the French into English. Everything about it was fine according to me, except for one thing.

The second line; "Les diverses beautées qui parent ta jeunesse", I translated into; "The various beauties who parry your youth".

However, my French isn't amazing, so don't take my word for gospel. Hope this helps! ^^
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 16:25   Link #3189
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Is acquiring *ALL* college-based job requirements impossible?
Not quite sure what you mean

I suppose if you did every course/class at college, and did well in the exams, then you would have all the job requirements.

However, I don't know if you mean UK College or USA College etc. It's a bit different.
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 22:23   Link #3190
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
Not quite sure what you mean

I suppose if you did every course/class at college, and did well in the exams, then you would have all the job requirements.

However, I don't know if you mean UK College or USA College etc. It's a bit different.
So its possible (period) Can people die from stomach aches (pain), can people die from nervousness?
Old 2009-09-30, 00:03   Link #3191
oompa loompa

Quote:
So its possible (period) Can people die from stomach aches (pain), can people die from nervousness?
Err... I think both of those are symptoms rather than actual conditions. Your stomach might hurt because you have typhoid, which you can die from. On the other hand, if you have indigestion, I doubt you're going to die ( well, I can't really say what other people are putting their digestive tracts through )Though, as for nervousness- can you die because of a panic attack? Not that I've ever heard of. Maybe if you realyyy want to push it extreme anxiety could trigger off some sort of cardiac condition.. but if I had to say, no not really. Don't quote me on this but I don't think you can die of pain as such - you'd probably just pass out after a point.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 00:17   Link #3192
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
Err... I think both of those are symptoms rather than actual conditions. Your stomach might hurt because you have typhoid, which you can die from. On the other hand, if you have indigestion, I doubt you're going to die ( well, I can't really say what other people are putting their digestive tracts through )Though, as for nervousness- can you die because of a panic attack? Not that I've ever heard of. Maybe if you realyyy want to push it extreme anxiety could trigger off some sort of cardiac condition.. but if I had to say, no not really. Don't quote me on this but I don't think you can die of pain as such - you'd probably just pass out after a point.
Thanks for the response. Can I have another response? Can you die from pain ? can you die from panic attacks?
Old 2009-09-30, 02:11   Link #3193
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
it all depends.. do you have a weak heart then having a panic attack CAN kill you, if you're older and really freaking out a vain might pop in your head it all depends on the situation. A little shakey and stuttering is not kill-able, people screaming and running around like crazy is but only under certain circumstances.

stomach aches there are many kinds of stomach aches... indigestion you might get some diarrhea if you ate something bad, only after a couple days without stopping is that something to worry about. Young children however are more at risk in that category..
stomach aches due to nervousness, no doesn't do one bit.. sorry bud but you're sticking around a while longer =)
if that isn't what you meant then redefine stomach aches, cause it can be involved with a lot of things
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 03:06   Link #3194
mit7059

Quote:
Thanks for the response. Can I have another response? Can you die from pain ? can you die from panic attacks?
Yes you may have another response. You can die from panic attacks that trigger something like a heart attack or more indirectly (this is a stretch) having a panic attack while at the wheel of a car or something. I don't think you can directly die from pain, as pointed out earlier you would probably just pass out.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 07:33   Link #3195
Oppius
Banned

Is it true that Encyclopedia Dramatica was made by "exiles" from 4chan?

If you think 4chan is the worst website ever then you never saw Encyclopedia Dramatica before...
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 08:05   Link #3196
Woopzilla
Desensitized

I dont think it is. It insults anyone and everyone, including it's own site... so that's probably why they called themselves (the editors, etc..) 'exiles'... assuming that's where you read that, since every other article labels people as exiles from somewhere else.

I don't think it's meant to be a substitute for if you got banned on 4chan. It was made by some guy a few years back but I don't think a reason was mentioned.
Old 2009-10-01, 10:14   Link #3197
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Can you die from pain?
You can't die from pain itself, whatever is causing that pain will kill you, but pain is just a sensation that's evolved to protect and the body from a dangerous/unfavourable enviroment. That enviroment can be internal or external. To take a simplistic example, when nature is calling, and you don't answer, the body will respond by gradually increasing your discomfort until it's unbearable...and one way or another you have to answer the call.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 10:17   Link #3198
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
You can't die from pain itself, whatever is causing that pain will kill you, but pain is just a sensation that's evolved to protect the body. To take a simplistic example, when nature is calling, and you don't answer, the body will respond by gradually increasing your discomfort until it's unbearable...and one way or another you have to answer the call.
Woah, seriously? Is it possible to create non-damaging(to body) artificial extreme pain?
Old 2009-10-01, 10:24   Link #3199
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Woah, seriously? Is it possible to create non-damaging(to body) artificial extreme pain?
Not sure how you would go about doing that, but it probably wouldn't be too difficult to trick your brain in that way. After all, you can do the opposite with anaesthetics.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 10:25   Link #3200
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Not sure how you would go about doing that, but it probably wouldn't be too difficult to trick your brain in that way. After all, you can do the opposite with anaesthetics.
Won't that create mental instability?

Tags
problem, q&a, serious