AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-28, 23:03   Link #61
Tripfag
/co/ is superior.

How can a man like Giovanni be considered moe? Look at how manly he is! Even his poker buddies are badasses.

Spoiler for Gaston, Namor, Norman from Mighty Max, Wang Fire, Giovanni, Scrooge McDuck, and Popeye á la Dogs Playing Poker. Also, with monocles and top hats.:
Old 2008-02-28, 23:11   Link #62
OverFunk
It will never be the year

I can testify that neither /a/ nor /jp/ hold any interest on this Moe tournament. The only reason they cared about Saimoe it was because it was japanese (did any one say weeaboo). And for Saigar, it was originally theirs, they were entitled to fuck with it for the lulz.

But I don't know what could they do when Kaiji's day arrives. If he's competing.

Never forget
Old 2008-02-28, 23:16   Link #63
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripfag View Post
How can a man like Giovanni be considered moe? Look at how manly he is! Even his poker buddies are badasses.

Spoiler for Gaston, Namor, Norman from Mighty Max, Wang Fire, Giovanni, Scrooge McDuck, and Popeye á la Dogs Playing Poker. Also, with monocles and top hats.:
Well, many female fans feel he is moe.
Old 2008-02-29, 04:35   Link #64
cleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
I can testify that neither /a/ nor /jp/ hold any interest on this Moe tournament. The only reason they cared about Saimoe it was because it was japanese (did any one say weeaboo). And for Saigar, it was originally theirs, they were entitled to fuck with it for the lulz.

But I don't know what could they do when Kaiji's day arrives. If he's competing.
Kaiji didn't survive preliminary roound 1.
Old 2008-02-29, 07:58   Link #65
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post

Kaiji tried to take his garness into ISML. I told him to actually do an episode with total cosplay and I'd might consider it.

And since Round 2 is a consolation of Round 1, if /a/ does come and stop by, I'd say Kaiji still has a shot.
Old 2008-02-29, 08:39   Link #66
wontaek

Round 4 is consolation and Kaiji barely missed the cut to qualify for the consolidation round ( top 3 in 1st round advanced to 2nd round while 4th and 5th qualifies for the consolation round )
Spoiler for Kaiji's 6th place finish:

Today's result

Spoiler for round 2 group 22- 24 results:
Old 2008-02-29, 08:44   Link #67
wontaek

Today's matchup

Spoiler for round 2 group 25 - 27:

Last edited by wontaek; 2008-02-29 at 09:13.
Old 2008-02-29, 09:17   Link #68
KatsuKy
Trolls hater

Send a message via Yahoo to KatsuKy
girls always have too much time...
Old 2008-02-29, 17:54   Link #69
Drakarst
Dark Star Rising

Atobe Keigo vs Kunimitsu Tezuka. That is an awesome matchup. Time to find out who's the stronger captain. Go Atobe! 'Ore-sama no bigi ni yoi na.'

Now if I only I could connect to the website...
Old 2008-02-29, 20:23   Link #70
cleo

No tennis prince for me, I'm gonna vote for Firo if and when I can get on the site.
Old 2008-03-01, 04:00   Link #71
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleo1 View Post
No tennis prince for me, I'm gonna vote for Firo if and when I can get on the site.
So I am not the only one having trouble with site access.
Old 2008-03-01, 08:22   Link #72
wontaek

Update. There has been another bout of server problem in anizone, thus they are currently retrieving and reconstructing the data. They promise to take care of the moe tournament first and expected time for the voting site to go back on line is sometime around late Mar. 1st for those in USA, and Early Mar. 2nd for those in Asia.
Old 2008-03-02, 08:11   Link #73
cleo

The site is back up
but it looks like they still got some editing to do.
Old 2008-03-02, 12:28   Link #74
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleo1 View Post
The site is back up
but it looks like they still got some editing to do.
Thanks for the update. The administrators promise that some changes will be implemented soon.
Old 2008-03-02, 20:32   Link #75
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

You know, something tells me they need to expand their server. Daily matches with 3000 votes can pretty much blow out bandwidth.
Old 2008-03-03, 08:26   Link #76
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
You know, something tells me they need to expand their server. Daily matches with 3000 votes can pretty much blow out bandwidth.
That is why, fundamentally, the problem is the money. Despite drawing 4000+ voters, not many have donated money to the site to allow the administrator to pay for the second server and a backup data storage. The recent problem was due to hard drive crash, which could only have been mitigated with both another server and data storage. That will require substantial monthly payment, and for the site ran mostly by people in 20s, and without any ad revenue, that won't be easy. Even the ad revenue may not help as the site administrator wants Anizone site to be trouble free under linux or firefox setting, but because most of the ads in Korea are rather invasive ads based on MS Explorer environment, there will be some compatibility issue. It also doesn't help that most ads in Korea, being rather intrusive, really hogs much needed bandwidth, thus a good chance for them to make the financial situation worse for niche site like Anizone. Donation seems to be best way to go, but............. sigh ..................
Old 2008-03-03, 11:28   Link #77
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
That is why, fundamentally, the problem is the money. Despite drawing 4000+ voters, not many have donated money to the site to allow the administrator to pay for the second server and a backup data storage. The recent problem was due to hard drive crash, which could only have been mitigated with both another server and data storage. That will require substantial monthly payment, and for the site ran mostly by people in 20s, and without any ad revenue, that won't be easy. Even the ad revenue may not help as the site administrator wants Anizone site to be trouble free under linux or firefox setting, but because most of the ads in Korea are rather invasive ads based on MS Explorer environment, there will be some compatibility issue. It also doesn't help that most ads in Korea, being rather intrusive, really hogs much needed bandwidth, thus a good chance for them to make the financial situation worse for niche site like Anizone. Donation seems to be best way to go, but............. sigh ..................
Well, even though ISML is only attracting 500 at the moment, I can only imagine that come July when the female division starts in both Korea and Japan, my own league itself can possibly go up to about 4000, which is too much for a 10 GB server.

I did explain the whole Saimoe process to a computer advisor at my university, and he says that since this whole thing is really popular internationally, one of the next steps these Saimoe organizations (myself included) need to do is look for sponsorship. Outside of Japan, that is indeed difficult, since not many would take lightly to what they would call a "pointless" competition. Looking for sponsorship from advertisement revenues would involve making a case and submitting it to the general manager, possibly proving that their own business revenues will rise just because Saimoe tournaments get a lot of visitors daily.

Well, it's something like that, but this is definitely an engineer's problem for business. What possibilities are there besides shutting down or restricting votes? Should we ask for sponsorship? And how do we go about it? These things do take money, and with Saimoe ever growing, we'd need it now more than ever.
Old 2008-03-03, 11:45   Link #78
wontaek

Latest results

Spoiler for round 2 group 25 - 27:
Old 2008-03-03, 11:46   Link #79
wontaek

Today's match

Spoiler for Round 2 group 28 - 30:
Old 2008-03-03, 17:38   Link #80
cleo

I really really hope Hei will make it today.
Closed Thread