AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 120 51.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 25.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 10.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 5.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 3.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.43%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.43%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.13%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-05, 04:01   Link #81
farios

Great episode. 10/10, wow i know Yui and Hinata gonna be a couple but never thought they really confess to each other like this, this is my fave episode. But honestly, Yui's role as the GiDeMo vocalist really are minor, i thought in her climax it'll involve music not baseball.
Old 2010-06-05, 04:05   Link #82
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

OMG... My eyes never fail me. Great couple ^_^ Yu-nata ^_^ Great episode

EDIT: Might be the episode with the most TK lines.... O_O

Last edited by pseudonhym; 2010-06-05 at 07:00.
Old 2010-06-05, 04:16   Link #83
ACEZ1n7
Sweet to the mouth

Darn....

It was pretty unexpected, the way Hinata confessed like that. But I would score it a 10/10. The episode really misted my eyes...

Yui faded already? Aw.
Old 2010-06-05, 04:41   Link #84
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Why does every episode manage to make cry now? 10/10
Old 2010-06-05, 05:04   Link #85
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
With every episode going by it reaffirms my belief that Hinata and TK are badass.
As much as I hope. I don't see this getting a second season. So i'm quite perplexed at how this will end.

EDIT: Scratch that, just been to the speculation thread and I see where this is going.

Credit @ fallschirmjager

Last edited by Jin Kizuite; 2010-06-05 at 05:39.
Old 2010-06-05, 05:15   Link #86
hai_san

Excellent ep, why it is that only female chars get the "good ending" dissappear? even the vice prez didnt get it, when Otonashi "recognize" him. As for background story we have Yuri, Iwasawa, Hinata, Nao, Otonashi and lasty Yui so far, while 2 girls dissappear all the males are still there. I also think that in only 3 ep rest there wont be all bg storys covered.

Please 2nd season!
Old 2010-06-05, 05:33   Link #87
kyosak
poo

The show barely got to show Hinata and Yui develop any sort of relationship past throwing out punchlines and insulting each other... I thought the whole marriage thing was pretty damn awkward. After watching the preview last week, I was really hoping they wouldn't get rid of Yui after just this one episode, but I guess this was to be expected (after the terrible pacing we've seen from this series so far...).

Another episode just proving how mediocre this series has been. Too bad, since I enjoyed last week's episode quite a bit.
Old 2010-06-05, 05:40   Link #88
Travisaw
Just passing by...

Send a message via MSN to Travisaw
It's too rushed.
8/10 for me.

~Travis
Old 2010-06-05, 06:50   Link #89
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
The show barely got to show Hinata and Yui develop any sort of relationship past throwing out punchlines and insulting each other... I thought the whole marriage thing was pretty damn awkward. After watching the preview last week, I was really hoping they wouldn't get rid of Yui after just this one episode, but I guess this was to be expected (after the terrible pacing we've seen from this series so far...).

Another episode just proving how mediocre this series has been. Too bad, since I enjoyed last week's episode quite a bit.
It's pretty much text book Slap Slap Kiss dude
Old 2010-06-05, 06:59   Link #90
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
It's pretty much text book Slap Slap Kiss dude
Looks like raep time to me.
Old 2010-06-05, 07:41   Link #91
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Two people who never get along? That's almost always unresolved sexual frustration in animeworld.

To deliver an episode of this caliber(EPIC!) with two of the most comedic characters requires skill, my hat is off to you Key.
Old 2010-06-05, 08:11   Link #92
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischkopp123 View Post
I don't get this. Wasn't the SSS fighting Angel, because of the cruel fates the SSS members experienced in life and the unfairness of being tossed into a surrogate world, where they have to behave like good students in order to eventually pass on, losing their memories and being reborn as mindless animals?
That's Yurippe's motivation. Everyone else can have his or her own reasons to be in the SSS, and be variously committed to the cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I....think I just got my weekly recommended allowance of cheese in one shot in this episode. I think I'll have to swear off diary products for the rest of the week.

Hinata-Yui was rather unconvincing because, as many have already said, the buildup just isn't there.
Yeah. The lack of build-up and the aftermath made it seem like they got together because Yui'd have accepted anyone, and because Hinata wanted to make her disappear. That's not very romantic.

OTOH, it seems that rather than reincarnation, they believed they'd wake up in the real world and pick up their lives where they left them. Now, it may be nice for them to find love in this limbo and live happily everafter (if Hinata wasn't lying...), but what about Iwasawa? Did she wake up mute in some hospital after reaffirming that song and music was her whole life?
Old 2010-06-05, 08:14   Link #93
Nanashiki

I think this episode is quite good.

Kanade was willing to participate in Otonashi's plan, albeit some comedy arose when Yui failed to chase after Kanade on her confiscated guitar during the first round. Operation 'restarto'.

The people in the school were there because they did not have a fulfilling youth. Kanade wishes to help them achieve the peace/ fulfillment so that they can pass on.

SSS is trying to rebel against the 'system' that was created by 'God' because they only knew 'disappearance' as a bad thing, but didn't know the intricate conditions that makes it happen. They were only aware that if one behaved like a good student and you disappear.

In Yui's case, she led a 'sad' teenager life. However, with Otonashi's and Hinata's help, her wishes were able to be fulfilled. IMHO, it may not be a bad thing for her as she was able to enjoy herself immensely and finally, got her biggest wish fulfilled and thus, passed on.

Also, in this episode, it does suggest that maybe the people in this school are just in 'comatose'. Still unsure till I have watched the last episode though.

I look forward to the last 3 episodes with anticipation.
Old 2010-06-05, 08:15   Link #94
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Very touching ending. I guess people can point out the problems with Hinata joining in, though i found that to be the best part.

It was those scenes that shown the two in the real world which made the episode. Especially the one for the end credits.

I was pretty worried that this was going to feel rushed, though this episode had great pacing. Together with that cliffhanger at the end there, i'm ready for whatever the last three episodes will throw at us.
Old 2010-06-05, 08:20   Link #95
arkxkra
全力全開

Goodbye Yui. The moment really make my eyes wet (it is very warm)... hope she can be happy.

may I ask something, is it a dead people only able to come to this world? or they are more like dreaming and come to this world or both...

now only left 3 episode, I wonder they can cover everything.
Old 2010-06-05, 08:34   Link #96
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
may I ask something, is it a dead people only able to come to this world? or they are more like dreaming and come to this world or both...
As much as some people speculate that the characters are still alive in the real world and they are just in coma or something, to me the show has given clear indications that they are dead. And assuming what they believe are true, they will either go into reincarnation or next life after leaving that world.
Old 2010-06-05, 09:05   Link #97
arkxkra
全力全開

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
As much as some people speculate that the characters are still alive in the real world and they are just in coma or something, to me the show has given clear indications that they are dead. And assuming what they believe are true, they will either go into reincarnation or next life after leaving that world.
oic.
Old 2010-06-05, 09:11   Link #98
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
I got a bit teary eyed in this episode</3
I was really sad seeing Yui go, I loved her. I usually don't like the super hyper and sometimes if you might call it a bit on the annoying side characters, but I loved her. ;n; She was so cute and funny and just gave something different to the show nnngh.
I'm a sucker for romance so I got a bit emotional when Hinata confessed and said he'd marry her and make her wish come true</3 It was a great episode. I always was a Hinata X Yui fan!
I also liked Tenshi a bit more in this episode, at the beginning. She's pretty oblivious to things. xD It was cute. I'm ready for some Yuri action the next episode though<3

But yeah, the ending scene is really mysterious, however. Excited for the next episodes. Only 3 more to go~ D:
Old 2010-06-05, 09:11   Link #99
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

By the way, if you guys have noticed, the final line of each preview often reveals something big about next episode. This time it's Yuri saying "well then, let's meet again if we get to". In addition to the line with someone saying (I can't tell who it is) that he would rather be taken out by Tenshi, it really sounds like everyone is going to disappear at once in the next episode. If that is the case, then what will the last 2 episodes be about? Smells like a huge plot twist coming up, even though that would be Maeda-like.
Old 2010-06-05, 09:14   Link #100
Key Board
Carbon

the shadow is hunting the SSS
Closed Thread