AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-28, 02:27   Link #181
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Succeeded in a pacifist run just now. Had a bit of an odd moment with some KO'd enemies dying to crossfire, but I enjoyed suckerpunching guards at checkpoints this time around. My heart kind of sank when I saw some scripted killings of enemies that didn't occur in my first playthrough, but fortunately it doesn't hurt you what your friends do. I'll now believe the people who said robots don't count against you--you are kind of forced to kill one to save a character in one event that's not on a timer. Did it in two sittings so my brain is pretty fried. I should probably spend some praxis on gaming efficiency augs.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 14:29   Link #182
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Just started playing.... and uuugh, I explored the offices at Sarif a little bit too long which triggers the 8 hostages to be dead even before the actual mission starts

At first I felt like being kicked in the gamer's nuts but then I realized this is the/my first time a game doesn't just make up the urgency to make haste when theres no definite timer situation.

anyway, time to load an early save ...
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 04:16   Link #183
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

For those people trying to port the beta saves onto the real game, don't bother.

They are incompatible files.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 20:19   Link #184
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally finished the game in pacifist. I found this way easier than killing dude cuz just some bullets is enough to kill you fast. But it's kinda boring to go this way. More stealth/weapons options would have been better , same for hacking part , i hacked like 400+ times , it was fun at start but later....
12 Dynamism left to upgrade all abilities. I guess it's more for lethal route as you don't get much xp.
Nothing difficult for the dialogue options.
Stun gun is owerpowered. Killed all the boss with it.

Spoiler for Boss:

Nothing great for the story but it was ok. They did a good job with the differents ending cinematics.

Spoiler for Ending:

Spoiler for Generic ending:

Last edited by -Sho-; 2011-08-30 at 20:33.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 01:42   Link #185
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Spoiler for Ending:
But but
Spoiler:
Old 2011-08-31, 02:42   Link #186
Skane
Anime Snark

Red face

Reading all the playthroughs in here so far, I feel kinda lonely in asking this, but... is it that uncommon for people to go the "Punisher" route in Deus Ex:HR? I am having a blast(literally) just plowing through the obstacles through liberal application of brute force and wanton violence.

My Jensen is a mixture of Hacker and Soldier. When I read about his history, it just seem to fit perfectly that I should play him as a relentless killing machine. One of the funnier moments I had was overhearing a guard comment how he nearly died to a vending machine, and I obliged him by hurling one at him to initiate combat; or that time when a boss escaped and as guards poured into the lobby below, they formed up in a neat circle, allowing me to fire off a rocket in the middle of them and watch them all fling backwards dead, or that time when a commotion caused all the guards to huddle together with a sentry bot, and when the bot exploded from an EMP grenade, they all died from the explosion.

*Headshot*

It has been fun performing lethal takedowns whilst munching on candy bars inbetween to replenish energy. The ease at which I am killing enemies is surreal.

So... who else is going the "Blow 'Em All To Hell" route?

Cheers.
Old 2011-08-31, 04:48   Link #187
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Reading all the playthroughs in here so far, I feel kinda lonely in asking this, but... is it that uncommon for people to go the "Punisher" route in Deus Ex:HR? I am having a blast(literally) just plowing through the obstacles through liberal application of brute force and wanton violence.

My Jensen is a mixture of Hacker and Soldier. When I read about his history, it just seem to fit perfectly that I should play him as a relentless killing machine. One of the funnier moments I had was overhearing a guard comment how he nearly died to a vending machine, and I obliged him by hurling one at him to initiate combat; or that time when a boss escaped and as guards poured into the lobby below, they formed up in a neat circle, allowing me to fire off a rocket in the middle of them and watch them all fling backwards dead, or that time when a commotion caused all the guards to huddle together with a sentry bot, and when the bot exploded from an EMP grenade, they all died from the explosion.

*Headshot*

It has been fun performing lethal takedowns whilst munching on candy bars inbetween to replenish energy. The ease at which I am killing enemies is surreal.

Cheers.
Me. This Saturday on my off day. I screwed up my law exam.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-08-31, 05:22   Link #188
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:

Cheers.
I did both my plays on "Give me Deus Ex" where a point blank shottie blast 1 shots you even at end game . I'm pretty poor at timing when I pop out of cover so a good burst will cream me.. A non-lethal approach just fits with a cautions playstyle better given how everyone in the area knows you just ran some sticks through a guy in a dark corner behind a door. I am thinking of doing a silenced weapon/throw unconscious guys off of high places playthrough... soon.
Old 2011-08-31, 05:24   Link #189
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
I did both my plays on "Give me Deus Ex" where a point blank shottie blast 1 shots you even at end game . I'm pretty poor at timing when I pop out of cover so a good burst will cream me.. A non-lethal approach just fits with a cautions playstyle better given how everyone in the area knows you just ran some sticks through a guy in a dark corner behind a door. I am thinking of doing a silenced weapon/throw unconscious guys off of high places playthrough... soon.
Use them concussion grenades.

Old 2011-08-31, 07:22   Link #190
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I am thinking of doing a silenced weapon/throw unconscious guys off of high places playthrough... soon.
I did that... Well, not throw them off high places part, but with a suppressed pistol, you'll still risk them getting alerted or even hostile...

That said:

Stealth + Suppressed-laser sighted-Pistol + Cover + Headshots = Almost too easy

Your shots won't take you out of cover, and you can pretty much kill anyone coming your way, I've finally decided to use this tactic in Montreal and it was almost too easy to maneuver around 10 men while popping headshots around every corner.

Quote:

*Headshot*

Cheers.

Well, I was more of the [Sam Fisher in Conviction Stealth Kill] route near the end of the game where a good enemy is a dead enemy... What can I say? I was pissed that they nearly killed -XXXXXXXXXX- In the beginning I avoided killing any of the purity first members, tried to spare the gangbangers but failed at some. The only reason I didn't kill those Tyrant bastards was because it would give away my position >.>

But when I was in Hengsha and saw Belltower attacking civilians, that's when the gloves come off... By then I had my suppressed weapons with lasersights as well

(But I still spared the ones on guard duty in TYM...)

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-08-31 at 07:33.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 14:55   Link #191
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
It actually one shots you on the easiest difficulty, too. There's not a huge amount of difference between difficulty levels, or at least not as much as you'd expect.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 03:45   Link #192
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

*Headshot*

Cheers.
That's going to be my second playthrough. Right now I'm gaining way too much enjoyment from seeing two guard and hearing them chat about "that Jensen guy who killed Barret." and how they "really wouldn't want to meet him face to face" and then sneaking up to them and saying hi with a double lethal takedown.

Or walking into a room with six guards, and taking them out one by one, enjoying the idea of the paranoia that must be going through the remaining guards minds.

Or entering a building through an air duct, and exiting through the main entrance, calmly walking past all the guards while cloacked.

The only thing that bugs me somewhat is that lethal takedowns and headshots make more noise than non-lethal ones, stuns and tranqs. I mean, I can imagine slicing someone through the kneecaps tends to cause a lot of noise, but how is breaking someone's arm twice considered silent? And what about headshots with a silenced pistol? Do they gurgle loudly before keeling over or something?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 05:52   Link #193
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Still at my first playthrough, at Picus right now, all missions completed with ghost and mostly with (non-lethal) takedowns.

So my question is: What is the exact difference in difficulties? How does the game make it harder for a full-stealth player on "gimme DX" ?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 06:03   Link #194
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

A full-stealth player has to either buy and eat a ton of nutrients to fuel their stealth field or have patience and sharp eyes to avoid the guards. This takes time. Lots of time. Also, boss battles are more difficult since you can't sneak up to a boss and take them down, and you lack a lot of combat augments.

On the plus side? Tons more XP. 50 XP per guard for a non-lethal takedown. 125 XP once you have double takedown and knock out two at a time. And that's not beginning to count all the hacking, explorer and ghost bonuses. Stealth also make some non-boss battles ridiculously easy. Giant robots guarding something and no weapons to kill them? Run past them with stealth, pause to laugh, and move on.
Old 2011-09-01, 10:15   Link #195
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Still at my first playthrough, at Picus right now, all missions completed with ghost and mostly with (non-lethal) takedowns.

So my question is: What is the exact difference in difficulties? How does the game make it harder for a full-stealth player on "gimme DX" ?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/9440...ion/faqs/62845

Search for "difficulty setting" and you'll see it.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 10:19   Link #196
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
A full-stealth player has to either buy and eat a ton of nutrients to fuel their stealth field or have patience and sharp eyes to avoid the guards. This takes time. Lots of time. Also, boss battles are more difficult since you can't sneak up to a boss and take them down, and you lack a lot of combat augments.

On the plus side? Tons more XP. 50 XP per guard for a non-lethal takedown. 125 XP once you have double takedown and knock out two at a time. And that's not beginning to count all the hacking, explorer and ghost bonuses. Stealth also make some non-boss battles ridiculously easy. Giant robots guarding something and no weapons to kill them? Run past them with stealth, pause to laugh, and move on.
That said, there's a certain incident during your second trip to Hengsha that would make a complete stealth play-through... Painful to say the least.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 13:56   Link #197
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Finally completed my first playthrough.

Namir was surprisingly easy, even though I had...
Spoiler for Namir Boss Fight:

The final fight was kinda comedic because...
Spoiler for Final Fight:

Now that I have satisfied my bloodlust in this game, I will be going for a more "peaceful" solution on my next run-through. However... I don't think I am skilled enough "yet" to go for the Pacifist achievement. The incident on the second visit to China poses a problem. It is easy if you whip out the Heavy Rifle and go all TF2-Heavy on them("HaHaHa! Eat 500 rounds of lead, bitches!"), but to resolve the incident without killing people? Man... if only that stupid Hunk of Junk wasn't there.

That said... I am not entirely satisfied with the ending... I want to resolve the issue between Adam and...
Spoiler for Game Ending Stuff:

In conclusion, one of the best game purchases I have ever made.

Cheers.
Old 2011-09-01, 14:23   Link #198
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That said, there's a certain incident during your second trip to Hengsha that would make a complete stealth play-through... Painful to say the least.
They're already on full-alert in that part anyway, so to hell with subtlety there.

Also, Skane? That stupid hunk of junk needs only one EMP grenade before it stays down.

In other news, I'm glad to see that some things never change and Square Enix is still working on Final Fantasies in the next couple of decades. Can't wait to play Final Fantasy XXVII

Last edited by Keroko; 2011-09-01 at 14:35.
Old 2011-09-01, 14:43   Link #199
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
~~ Also, Skane? That stupid hunk of junk needs only one EMP grenade before it stays down. ~~
That's not the problem I'm talking about. It's not having people die from the explosion that befuddles me.

Cheers.
Old 2011-09-01, 15:59   Link #200
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That takes a bit of luck, I'll admit.