AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 43 43.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 36.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 15.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-18, 02:13   Link #61
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I have been wondering since in the manga, did Accelerator intentionally let Mikoto survive by not reflecting her railgun back at her directly?
I actually think so. It's no fun killing Mikoto with her own reflection, is it?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 02:14   Link #62
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Maybe; She's not part of the experiment after all so he can play around.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 02:23   Link #63
whitecloud

Isn't just he doesn't want to kill mikoto? Just like he doesn't actually want to kill the clone + he feel guilty
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 02:35   Link #64
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
side note, what was the BGM that started around 08:15? Thought it was really fitting and just plain sounded awesome
I doubt anyone can answer much about the background music unless it's a reprise of something from the past. All the new music will be on CDs that ship with the Blu-Rays, with the first arriving in July.
Old 2013-05-18, 03:44   Link #65
ReddyRedWolf

The way I see it Mikoto is reverting back to that lonely girl surrounded by thugs viewing other people as powerless and unwilling to save her. Then that "guy" appeared breaking her illusion just a bit.

Last season she improved with her friends getting involved.

With this situation her friends can't help or be endangered. She wont drag them into this.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 05:25   Link #66
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Although the fight was a bit typical, I loved the emotion involved when Mikoto saw all those clones and the brilliant way in which the show has managed to humanise them and portray the utter tragedy of the situation they're in. I find it a bit strange that Mikoto still wants to pretend she doesn't think the clones are human to deal with her guilt since she's pretty much committing the same perspective crime that she implied the scientists were committing just a few seconds earlier.

As for the scenes with Mikoto and her friends, I do think it's a good idea to show the effects Mikoto's new situation is having on her current relationships since it, in turn, creates another measurement on just how much the the new situation will have on Mikoto's life. However, on the other hand i object to the other characters being used in such a way instead of being characters in their own right. The story seems dead set on them simply waiting for answers rather than seeking to play a role and now that the characters themselves have established that, i can't help but feel that their role in this story is pretty much over, rendering their future scenes pointless. The "crime fighting four-member squad" that they've built up so much has seemingly come to an anti-climactic end.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 05:29   Link #67
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Judging from Kuroko's hysterical outrage, did you guys noticed Saten mentioned of Touma?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 07:06   Link #68
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

She just implied Mikoto might be out with a guy, not anyone specific.
Old 2013-05-18, 08:32   Link #69
zaeraal

Decent episode, but they really could have put the action from previous episode together with this one in a single episode.
Now it didn't really had that much impact, even thought the action scene was well done.

Saten playing Mahjong really surprised me, one could expect that, a girl, would chose different style of games.
And AC, being 50 years ahead of the rest of the world, could definitelly make better games (and OS).
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 08:34   Link #70
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Saten playing Mahjong really surprised me, one could expect that, a girl, would chose different style of games.
Even though there's a whole yuri series about it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
And AC, being 50 years ahead of the rest of the world, could definitely make better games (and OS).
People are still playing Solitaire as well =_=
Old 2013-05-18, 08:37   Link #71
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyang View Post
Anyway...to all the people who said the last cafe scene was out of place [and wasn't in the manga], I personally thought it was great that they included it in, even if it kinda broke the dark mood.

You can see that Mikoto struggles to appear happy/fine/okay/whatever in front of her friends, she tries hard not to let them worry or get them involved. Even when her friends tells her that they're there for her if she ever needs help, Mikoto still stubbornly wants to clean the mess herself [as seen in the last seen when "supposed to be" fisheye girl [Nobu...can't remember name] asked her if she's going alone]. I thought it was good that they emphasised that it wasn't that her friends didn't try to help her [though I doubt they could do anything anyway...], it was Mikoto's choice to not involve them at all. It's part of her personality to place all the burden onto herself, and which is why there is this arc!

[Don't know if I made any sense...but that's just my thoughts xD]

Oh and this ep has a really awesome soundtrack btw! Especially the part when the Sisters come in~ The piano and guitar! Nearly shed a tear there :'D The voice acting was superb as well!

I also like how JC Staff is adapting this, especially the intertwining different segments of the story to make more impact. This was seen in ep 4 with the birth of Misaka 9982 and kind of again in Mikoto's talk with Nobu...[I really need to learn her name]. I hope JC Staff keep this up!
I agree, the both about the awesome soundtrack and the cafe scene fitting well in the story. I was sorta skeptical when I heard about it before watching, but actually seeing shows that J.C. Staff put alot thought into the scene.

The Accelerator and Misaka fight was full of emotion. Between Misaka's expressions, voice and the BGM, it hit all the right chords.

Looks like things are going to be slowing down a bit next episode. I really hope J.C. Staff isn't going to hop back and forth between Misaka's struggles and the other girls daily routine. I have a feeling that would be pretty jarring.
Old 2013-05-18, 08:41   Link #72
Primary Consult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I find it a bit strange that Mikoto still wants to pretend she doesn't think the clones are human to deal with her guilt since she's pretty much committing the same perspective crime that she implied the scientists were committing just a few seconds earlier.
I don't think it's guilt... more like a defense mechanism. If she thought of them as human then she would have no way of attacking the problem rationally - the drive for "I have to stop it right now!!" would be too great, and she has already tried the two obvious ways of stopping it (couldn't kill Accelerator, couldn't appeal to the clones).
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 08:57   Link #73
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Accelerator's reason for going along with this experiment is to become unmatched... but isn't he already far above everybody else? A fellow level 5 couldn't even scratch him. Why does he feel he needs even more power? As far as he knows, he has nothing to fear.

The fight between Accelerator and Mikoto -if you can even call it a fight- was very well done. Mikoto's despair and rage were almost palpable. I liked that iron sand attack, which I believe was new. The difference in power between Mikoto and her clones was easily noticeable.
Old 2013-05-18, 09:00   Link #74
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Accelerator's reason for going along with this experiment is to become unmatched... but isn't he already far above everybody else? A fellow level 5 couldn't even scratch him. Why does he feel he needs even more power? As far as he knows, he has nothing to fear.
Being the strongest means that people would still challenge him for that title.

He wants to become something that no one would ever consider to fight him.
Old 2013-05-18, 09:10   Link #75
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:

The fight between Accelerator and Mikoto -if you can even call it a fight- was very well done. Mikoto's despair and rage were almost palpable. I liked that iron sand attack, which I believe was new. The difference in power between Mikoto and her clones was easily noticeable.
I made this post to explain Accelerator's reasoning and backstory leading to the sisters arc in detail.

We don't know if Saten plays mahjong a lot you know. For all we know she just put it on to kill some time because she was bored and wanted to try it. I've done that with chess before.
Old 2013-05-18, 09:17   Link #76
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
I liked that iron sand attack, which I believe was new. .
It was actually in the first season, first shown when Misaka had a match with a certain protagonist (which, now that I think about it, makes it rather strange that Misaka was that surprised when Accelerator could repel it).
Old 2013-05-18, 09:23   Link #77
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Being the strongest means that people would still challenge him for that title.

He wants to become something that no one would ever consider to fight him.
But isn't he already that strong? There's an enormous gap between him and ordinary level 5s and yet some people are still willing to challenge him. Becoming level 6 or even a living god isn't going to change that. If anything, it may even motivate those kind of people more (they're idiots). After Ilidsor's post, I understand why he wants to be left alone, but I think he's fooling himself if he thinks that's going to work. There will always be people foolish enough to challenge him. It will never stop.
Old 2013-05-18, 09:23   Link #78
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
It was actually in the first season, first shown when Misaka had a match with a certain protagonist (which, now that I think about it, makes it rather strange that Misaka was that surprised when Accelerator could repel it).
Technically she didn't know it was him, the report last episode never specify which Level 5.
Old 2013-05-18, 09:25   Link #79
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Okay, let me rephrase: "which wow that I think about it, makes it rather strange that Misaka was that surprised that a level 5 could repel it".

Better?
Old 2013-05-18, 09:29   Link #80
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
But isn't he already that strong? There's an enormous gap between him and ordinary level 5s and yet some people are still willing to challenge him. Becoming level 6 or even a living god isn't going to change that. If anything, it may even motivate those kind of people more (they're idiots). After Ilidsor's post, I understand why he wants to be left alone, but I think he's fooling himself if he thinks that's going to work. There will always be people foolish enough to challenge him. It will never stop.
What does he have to lose from trying?

Quote:
Okay, let me rephrase: "which wow that I think about it, makes it rather strange that Misaka was that surprised that a level 5 could repel it".

Better?
It's how he repelled it- By doing nothing and still completely unscathed.

Tags
brooding